Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,621 members, 7,930,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 09:55 AM

Searching For Nigerian Father - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Searching For Nigerian Father (636 Views)

18-Year-Old Filipino Girl Looking For Her Nigerian Father (Photos) / I Punished My Wife By Sleeping With Her Younger Sister - Nigerian Father Of Two / Nigerian Father Employs His Son As Security Man In His Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Searching For Nigerian Father by Jasminsiah(f): 6:07am On Feb 24
Hello I’m new here my name is Jasmin and I’m curious if anyone has any resources on how to locate someone.
So many years back my Father came to America on a student visa he did lay with my mom and she became pregnant with me. My father’s visa was expiring and apparently left to back to Nigeria. The issue is my mom honestly was not responsible and on my birth certificate she misspelled his name. In America you can put any name of the “possible” father on the birth certificate. So she put Joseph Orisio yes she said she couldn’t remember his last name but that he was Yoruba and he told her just call me Joseph when they were dating. He knew of me I was told he would write her asking if he could see me but unfortunately my mom was unstable. I’ve done ancestryDna and none of my Nigerian side pop up except 1 man but it’s a distant relative.
So anyway I live in the states and not familiar with Nigeria at all. Tell me what you think 🤔?
Re: Searching For Nigerian Father by FarmPlanetNG: 6:18am On Feb 24
You won't find him through this route. Go about it in this manner. If you wish to reconnect with him so badly,

Hire a private investigator in the USA. The investigator visits the university and they check their archives, there lies the answers you seek. His full names, and addresses here. With the full names, picture and addresses, another investigator here will do digging, social media can also be resourceful once you have the full names. Easy Beasy

You owe me six cans of Pepsi Cola

4 Likes

Re: Searching For Nigerian Father by osmosis101(m): 6:35am On Feb 24
Simply go to the university, check the set and year. It wil help

3 Likes

Re: Searching For Nigerian Father by iamtardey: 7:01am On Feb 24
O lor far …

You get money sha
Re: Searching For Nigerian Father by Jasminsiah(f): 9:09am On Feb 24
Okay thank you 🙏🏽
Re: Searching For Nigerian Father by KseniKru(f): 5:48pm On Mar 16
Hello Jasmin!🌟 Your journey to find your father sounds like a deeply personal and significant quest. Navigating through this with limited information can indeed be challenging, but there are a few avenues you might explore to potentially make progress:

1. Social Media and Online Communities: Given the vast reach of social media, it could be beneficial to post your story on platforms with large audiences or groups related to Nigeria or Yoruba culture. Sometimes, stories like yours can gain traction and reach someone who knows something.
2. Genealogy Services: It's great that you've tried AncestryDNA. Have you considered using other genealogy websites? Sometimes, different platforms have data from other subsets of the population which might help in finding more direct connections.
3. Nigerian Diaspora Networks: Engaging with Nigerian community groups or forums in the States could provide you with insights or even direct connections. Members of the diaspora often maintain strong ties with their home countries and might offer guidance or help spread the word.
4. Professional Help: If you're able to, hiring a professional investigator who has access to databases and resources that the general public does not might be a worthwhile investment. They can help navigate the complexities, especially with the challenges around the misspelled name.
5. Contacting Nigerian Universities: Since he was on a student visa, reaching out to Nigerian universities with international programs during the time he would have been in America could potentially lead to some leads. They might have archives or records that could help narrow down your search.

It's a journey filled with uncertainties, but your effort to connect and understand your roots is truly admirable. Keep an open heart and mind, and hopefully, your path will lead you to the answers you seek. Best of luck, Jasmin! 🍀✨
Re: Searching For Nigerian Father by Emmanuel30a2: 5:56pm On Mar 16
Who did you really wants to see, sisi in oversea or sisi of oversea...? Drink you wants to drink tea, or eat pea...?

(1) (Reply)

Peace Or Justice? Which Should We Strive For In The Home? / Christmas Family 5 Day Plasure Trip To Ghana / Family Special-beautiful Pictures Of Obudu Cattle Ranch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.