Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,888 members, 7,872,910 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:16 AM

I Cant Remember The Last Time I Read My Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Cant Remember The Last Time I Read My Bible (807 Views)

Still A Christian? When Was The Last Time You Did Any Of These? / My Bible Is Old And Am Scare Of Throwing It Away... / How I Lost My Bible In Winners Chapel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Cant Remember The Last Time I Read My Bible by nasty45(m): 3:28pm On Nov 11, 2011
Dunno if this has happen to u before or now.i feel like i'm used to all d stories n word in d bible.am an encyclopedia mysef.
Re: I Cant Remember The Last Time I Read My Bible by tpia5: 6:49pm On Nov 11, 2011
All you have to do is open one.

Is something in your life precluding that option?

I dont read the bible as much as i did when i was younger (unfortunately) but i still read it online, in addition to the actual paper version.
Re: I Cant Remember The Last Time I Read My Bible by ahmed7861: 6:50pm On Nov 11, 2011
Now i suggest you that you should read Quran along with translation.It will give you much knowledge which you never read before.It would be very good experienced for you.
Re: I Cant Remember The Last Time I Read My Bible by plappville(f): 7:05pm On Nov 11, 2011
How are u Christian if u dont read ur bible? That book is the food of Christians, not holding it par day is like not eating.
Internet is good, but we should rely on it, we shouldnt be adicted to it.
What happens when there wont be internet anymore? Will u now start cracking ur head in trying to memorise verses to rescure urself? Do unpray to God by using the internet? Read ur bible plz, nothing can replace it.

(Eccl4:13 ) Better is a poor and a wise child than an old and foolish king, who will no more be admonished.
Re: I Cant Remember The Last Time I Read My Bible by tpia5: 7:25pm On Nov 11, 2011
i read the internet version sometimes when i'm online.

not meaning i dont touch the paper one at all.

in addition, the bible websites allow you to line up different versions and passages side by side, rather like some reference bibles.

i read it much more when i was younger, is what i meant.
Re: I Cant Remember The Last Time I Read My Bible by mabell: 7:41pm On Nov 11, 2011
When last did you attend a service?
Re: I Cant Remember The Last Time I Read My Bible by tpia5: 8:13pm On Nov 11, 2011
op i went through your posts and you seem to have a s.ex addiction.

so, not surprising.

quite hard dealing with that- only people who can help you are God and yourself.
Re: I Cant Remember The Last Time I Read My Bible by nasty45(m): 7:30am On Nov 12, 2011
@ahmed-the english translation of quaran is very ad to com by,i'v ad my view of upanishads@tpia-am nt addicted to sex,buh i luv it tho,dont ya?unless u a father,even at dt.READ MY POST WEL U'L C I SAID'I FEEL LYK AM USED TO AL D BIBLE STORIES N QUOTATION'IT AINT STRANGE ANYMORE
Re: I Cant Remember The Last Time I Read My Bible by Sirniyeh(m): 7:34am On Nov 12, 2011
I'm glad to inform u abt a new best selling book in the world right now. You might have been reading books bt count yrself out of real existence if u dont read this one title: THE MYSTERY IN WOMANITY. Lots of revelations that will deliver mankind from human theology. What patriarchs never known, Angels revealed, prophets never discerned, scientists never experimented about human destiny is loaded in the book. There is no motive power that is more transforming like the TRUTH. So d Truth of our physical existence is d fertilizer needed to make our lives fruitful, balanced etc. In this 110 pg book published by largest publisher in d world DORRANCE USA, is where u learn what determines human destiny, STI - Spiritual Transmited Infections, God's original intent of creating woman, how Jesus can not take d place of your mother, lies against human destinyetc Available in Amazon.com or redleadbooks.com Where ignorance dominate all are slave, where truth is supressed all are doomed. Pls go for your copy - a must!
Re: I Cant Remember The Last Time I Read My Bible by Joagbaje(m): 9:26am On Nov 12, 2011
nasty45:

Dunno if this has happen to u before or now.i feel like i'm used to all d stories n word in d bible.am an encyclopedia mysef.

The bible shouldn't be read as story book. You should read it through yearly. Not only that ,get commentaries and reference materials to have deeper understanding.

Remember paul studied even into his old age. Audio bible is good for those who are very busy.
Re: I Cant Remember The Last Time I Read My Bible by newmi(m): 10:56am On Nov 12, 2011
nasty45:

You see my dear the bible is not the word of God rather it would be much more appropriate to say that it contains the word of God, having said that it is important that we approach the bible with a sincere expectation to hear God speak to us through the pages of the book is that kind of attitude and for the most part consciousness that scriptures like the one bellow creates and establishes in our hearts
2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God,
and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof,
for correction, for instruction in
righteousness:
Re: I Cant Remember The Last Time I Read My Bible by newmi(m): 11:31am On Nov 12, 2011
Psalms 119:18
Open my eyes to see the wonderful
truths in your instructions.
There are truths in the bible that only the Spirit of God (of whom Jesus refered to as the promise of the Father who was come and now has come to lead un into all truths) to open the eyes our understanding as we navigate through the pages of the scripture. You this is an established truth, the word of God is full of truths that are anything but stalled or expired and it is more current than tomorrow's newspaper.
Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but
my words shall not pass away.

Psalms 19:7-10
7 The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy,
making wise the simple. 8 The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands
of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes. 9 The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever. The
ordinances of the LORD are sure and altogether righteous. 10 They are more precious than gold, than
much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb.
Re: I Cant Remember The Last Time I Read My Bible by chrisj2000(m): 1:11am On Nov 14, 2011
then read your bible today and write down the date
Re: I Cant Remember The Last Time I Read My Bible by chrisj2000(m): 1:13am On Nov 14, 2011
then read your bible today write the time
Re: I Cant Remember The Last Time I Read My Bible by OmoPastor(m): 10:56am On Nov 14, 2011
@ poster.

Maybe you have been reading it just like every other books.

Assuredly, you cannot get anything out of it if you take the bible just like any other book and you definitely should ask the Writer of the bible to help you understand it while you read.

Your senses are not designed to comprehend the bible cos its not written by the senses; its SPIRITUAL.

(1) (Reply)

Your View On Chiftency Title: What Is The Bible Way? / The God Question / My Opinion About So Many Threads With Arguments On Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.