Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,712 members, 7,911,949 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 06:22 PM

Do Grammatical Blunders (gbagauns, Ibons) Irritate You? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do Grammatical Blunders (gbagauns, Ibons) Irritate You? (4549 Views)

See The Grammatical Blunder Of The Nigerian Police Force / Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? / What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Do Grammatical Blunders (gbagauns, Ibons) Irritate You? by madprof(m): 3:04pm On Nov 14, 2011
One more thing, Stepone. I assume that by Nigers, you mean niggers, which is a derogatory word. You of all people should know that. Again my point about making yourself understood. If you cannot use English to communicate clearly then what use is it to you exactly? Why haven't you developed your mother tongue for effective communication?
Re: Do Grammatical Blunders (gbagauns, Ibons) Irritate You? by stepone(m): 5:29pm On Nov 14, 2011
@ madprof

Answer 1. This is a step forward. if i may ask, does this look like u are trying to stop me passing this trough to people on internet. My friend, the word Beginning start from somewhere.

Answer 2. Electromagnetism from the Latin & Greek world Electric & Magnet. The only English word is "Ism". Most of all these are acceptable formulation from ages. The word is from the New Latin ēlectricus, "amber-like"[a], coined in the year 1600 from the Greek ήλεκτρον (electron) meaning amber (hardened plant resin), because electrical effects were produced classically by rubbing amber.

Are u telling me we cant start from somewhere? pls take off ur shallow thinking about our language.

Answer 3. Presently our language is not robust and enhance enough because of people like u, but because of few people that are like me, the world Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa & so on, has been added in the English Dictionary. from here our new generation could take it higher, instead of ur discouraging thought.

Answer 4. U ask me how much effort av i made. but U av just tried stop and discourage one of my effort. Bill gate wasn't born with a computer, but invented MSCS.

Answer 5. Ur last statement was right. if u cannot use it to communicate right, what is the use.

Question 1. If English language is dynamic, How dynamic it is, How dynamic is it & Why is it dynamic?
Question 2. If your language not so important to u, will it be important to the western world?
Question 3. What technique would u av used to enhance the use of our language when civilized, trough our schools to the western world?
Re: Do Grammatical Blunders (gbagauns, Ibons) Irritate You? by sholaeco(m): 3:54am On Nov 15, 2011
Rubbish n nonsense talk, just passing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blood Money & Nnewi Rich Man / Graphic Photos: Dead Bodies Found Buried In Building Site In Enugu / Godrej Nigeria Graduate Trainee 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.