Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,145 members, 7,887,322 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:45 AM

The Worst State Capital You Have Visited - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Worst State Capital You Have Visited (16541 Views)

BOKO HARAM,Since 5 Years,Common State Capital You Can't Capture.SHAME ON YOU. / Nominate Your Worst State Governor Of The Year 2012 / Who Is The Worst State Governor Ever In Human History? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by pek(m): 3:38pm On Nov 12, 2011
#Afanna:

Aba  shocked
Akwa

Please remind me, Aba is the capital of which state?
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by jodeci(m): 3:45pm On Nov 12, 2011
#Afanna:

Aba  shocked
Akwa

In all thy getting,get understanding/Little education,thought the topic said state capital?
is Aba a state capital.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by yusuf01(m): 3:48pm On Nov 12, 2011
I haven't been to many, but to the few I have been to, Awka takes the lead. Bad and dusty roads; infact, just simply bad.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 12, 2011
I have been to Ikeja, Abeokuta, Asaba, Akure, Ibadan, Awka, Owerri, Enugu, Benin and Port Harcourt!!! But the worst has to be Benin!!! That place is just a shame.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by chino11(m): 4:08pm On Nov 12, 2011
asha 80:

umuahia is planned and awka is not.do not even go there

Awka is an emerging model city in Nigeria with UN Habitat Masterplan. Umuahia is crappy, small and shitty.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by chino11(m): 4:11pm On Nov 12, 2011
yusuf01:

I haven't been to many, but to the few I have been to, Awka takes the lead. Bad and dusty roads; infact, just simply bad.

Aboki/boko haram which one is your own state? Awka should be your New York when compared to your refugee camp called state capital in your maiduguri
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by chidyke77(m): 4:26pm On Nov 12, 2011
chino11:

Aboki/boko haram which one is your own state? Awka should be your New York when compared to your refugee camp called state capital in your maiduguri
dnt mind him.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 12, 2011
Those people saying Benin city, you are mad reason because the IMF release a report in July that the three most urbanize city in Nigeria is Lagos, Ibadan and Benin,
Where in Benin is rough? Have you been to Ekiti?
Have you been to Lokoja?
Have you been to Nasarawa?
Recently the minister of environment says Benin is one of the most beautiful city in Nigeria,
Please, b/4 adding a city, you have to have a fact about that city, thanks.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Haribo: 4:29pm On Nov 12, 2011
Lokoja, Awka, Benin City & Oshogbo are all fighting to make it to the top of my list. I'll give it to Awka though, that place was dusty as heck,

@ all the people calling Aba, please the capital of Abia State is Umuahia. Didn't you learn your states and capitals in primary school SMH
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Ohaneze1: 4:39pm On Nov 12, 2011
^^

Why not tell us your state so that we can compare it to the once you have listed above.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by chino11(m): 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2011
The maga is from Abia. grin. Their state capital umuahia is one crappy glorified local council, Ekwulubia is more developed than that thing. grin grin
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Haribo: 4:45pm On Nov 12, 2011
@ Ohaneze from your response I can tell you must be from Anambra. No offense, I call it like I see it. I lived in Awka for some time so I know what I'm talking about OK?

And the point of this thread is not to compare my state with yours, its for people to state the worst ones they've visited. That's exactly what I did.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by IgboAmaka1: 4:47pm On Nov 12, 2011
The following are the leading worst state capitals in Nigeria:

Umuahia
Osogbo
Ado Eketi
Lokoja
Abeokuta
Akure
Kwara

more are coming
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by IgboAmaka1: 4:50pm On Nov 12, 2011
Haribo:

@ Ohaneze from your response I can tell you must be from Anambra. No offense, I call it like I see it. I lived in Awka for some time so I know what I'm talking about OK?

And the point of this thread is not to compare my state with yours, its for people to state the worst ones they've visited. That's exactly what I did.

Oh you lived in Awka years back, does make any sense. Does anybody need to live in Umahia to know that the place is nothing but a mere glorify local council which only be compared to Ado-ekiti or osun
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by tunde300us(m): 4:55pm On Nov 12, 2011
Lokoja is not just the worse, it shouldn't be considered a state capital of any sort.The govt house is pitch dark at night and you will see weed growing on some of the buildings inside the state house itself.

And all dis mess started when they had an unfortunate administrator some 9 yrs back.I hope they vote themselves out of this mess by DEC.I think the thread should just close now cos that is ur worse state capital for you  angry
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by olawalebabs(m): 5:05pm On Nov 12, 2011
Igbo Amaka:

The following are the leading worst state capitals in Nigeria:

Umuahia
Osogbo
Ado Eketi
Lokoja
Abeokuta
Akure
Kwara

more are coming

This poster just post for posting sake, for God sake, is kwara a state capital?, Ilorin is one of the neatest, developed state capital in Nigeria, likewise Akure, Imagine adding abeokuta to the list. which one is Ado Eketi? i no fit laff

1 Like

Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by rman: 5:06pm On Nov 12, 2011
The states capitals I have been to in Nigeria (I have spent at least a week in all these places):
Ilorin
Ibadan
Ikeja
Lokoja
Osogbo
Sokoto
Maiduguri
Jos
Benin
Abeokuta
Lokoja
Kano
Kaduna
Akure
Ado Ekiti
Minna
Asaba
Bauchi
Port Harcourt

looking at my list, it is a close call between Lokoja and Ado Ekiti. Benin and Ilorin has no bussiness on anyones if we are indeed sincere
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by olawalebabs(m): 5:10pm On Nov 12, 2011
rman:

The states capitals I have been to in Nigeria (I have spent at least a week in all these places):
Ilorin
Ibadan
Ikeja
Lokoja
Osogbo
Sokoto
Maiduguri
Jos
Benin
Abeokuta
Lokoja
Kano
Kaduna
Akure
Ado Ekiti
Minna
Asaba
Bauchi
Port Harcourt

looking at my list, it is a close call between Lokoja and Ado Ekiti. Benin and Ilorin has no bussiness on anyones if we are indeed sincere

Thnak you man, i don't understand the yardstick some of those saying that are using
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by k2kay(m): 5:13pm On Nov 12, 2011
Am from Lokoja and i have to give it as the worst ever cos i travel a lot and i can assure u that none comes even close
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by meonbooty: 5:22pm On Nov 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

PICTURES NEEDED . . . . We have advanced to a point where people ought to POST IMAGES to support their claims. You have a Cell Phone Camera, I am guessing, why not use it more often than not?

Is that still English?
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by IgboAmaka1: 5:24pm On Nov 12, 2011
olawalebab:

This poster just post for posting sake, for God sake, is kwara a state capital?, Ilorin is one of the neatest, developed state capital in Nigeria, likewise Akure, Imagine adding abeokuta to the list. which one is Ado Eketi? i no fit laff

We are not only talking about neatness here, overall development indices are considered.
This is Akure

Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by kolexy(m): 5:29pm On Nov 12, 2011
The kind of comment I have seen so far shows Nigerian know little about their country.

I have been to several state capitals; benin, PH, Ibadan, Owerri, Lokoja, Akure, Osogbo, Jos, Kaduna, and Abeokuta.

I'll say Abeokuta is the Worst., and Akure is my favourite.

My Ado-Ekiti (My state capital) is also shitty. Though it is better than Abe-idotin and Lokoja.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by olawalebabs(m): 5:32pm On Nov 12, 2011
Igbo Amaka:

We are not only talking about neatness here, overall development indices are considered.
This is Akure

even with that, human, social, economic development, name them. Akure and Ilorin is one of the best in Nigeria
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by edogirl2: 5:34pm On Nov 12, 2011
i disagree that akure is a dump. each time i go to akure i see a lot of genuine infrastructural work. most of the work may not hit you in the face, but they are, in my view, transformational. in my view, akure has very good prospects. ** re benin, if you've always lived there you'd prob not understand why it's such a big let down for a first time visitor. people expect much of benin, hence the usual disappointment. as one of our former 'great' cities, people expect benin to be only slightly below the likes of lagos, ph, and abuja. maybe those expectations are too high **
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by edogirl2: 5:40pm On Nov 12, 2011
if i wasn't in lagos, akure wld be my preferred residence in nigeria. might be too boring for some though.                                                                                          @igbo-amaka, i doubt that's akure in the picture. don't remember akure nestling so closely at the feet of mountains. if i were to hazard a guess, i'd say that's idanre in your pic.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by IgboAmaka1: 5:51pm On Nov 12, 2011
olawalebab:

even with that, human, social, economic development, name them. Akure and Ilorin is one of the best in Nigeria

You are talking nonsense. If I have not been to Akure I won't be saying this. From Akure to Ondo town to Owo to Ore are all in shambles. Akure the state capital can boast of rocks all over the place but the town is nothing to write about, no social life, no hospitality, the roads are so narrow with shanties and muds houses all over the town. From Adesida to Ijomu to Oke Ijebu to Isolo to Ondo road are all shanties with its low population due zero economic activities. For all I care the town can easily compete with such state capitals as Ado Ekiti, Osogbo, Jalingo, etc.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by jamd: 6:00pm On Nov 12, 2011
lokoja a very huge dissapointment
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by Dede1(m): 6:02pm On Nov 12, 2011
I knew time will vindicate me on Nairaland. The day I tabled the worst state capitals I have gone to or passed by, bigots crawled out of backwater throwing insults.

The dirtiest and structurally dilapidated capitals I have ever seen in Nigeria are:

Ibadan
Abeokuta
Oshogbo
Ado Ekiti

I am tempted to add Akure to the list but it looks progressively modern.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by edogirl2: 6:04pm On Nov 12, 2011
@olawalebab, i disagree with you that akure is one of the most developed capitals. neither is igbo-amaka right that it's in shambles. the truth lies in between those extremes. it's just a small, pleasant, low-crime regional town where you can move about relatively easily, and live a qualitative life. i like that.  life's not all about skyscrapers @amaka
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by kolexy(m): 6:17pm On Nov 12, 2011
@edo.girl I fully agree with you.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by KnowAll(m): 6:20pm On Nov 12, 2011
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1195077

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=898004

Akure's new Dome. Akure is positioning her self to be the number one city in the SW after Lagos. Ibadan is too big and really have some run down places but I would not go as far as saying it is the worst city,  in fact Ibadan is two cities in one just like Kano. Cities like Lokoja are bad today because all the Governors they have had are Idoma men who would rather steal all the money than develop their Capital. There is no reasons why a conflunce city like Lokoja should be poorly developed.
Re: The Worst State Capital You Have Visited by olawalebabs(m): 6:23pm On Nov 12, 2011
I did not say akure is the best, but one of the best in the country, come up north to places like damaturu, birni kebbi,  @amaka when last have you been to akure?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Frank: Oyegun Plotting To Sack Tinubu, Atiku From APC / Abba Yusuf Nominates Mustapha, Kwankwaso’s Son For Commissioner In Kano / NAIRALAND MODERATORS: Please List The Mods You Dont Like And Why..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.