Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,125 members, 7,949,884 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 09:49 PM

How Would You React If You Know Your Dad Is Cheating Of your Mum? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Would You React If You Know Your Dad Is Cheating Of your Mum? (7832 Views)

Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum / How Would You React If Your Newly Married Wife Told You This / How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Would You React If You Know Your Dad Is Cheating Of your Mum? by moderatorr: 1:03pm On Nov 17, 2011
there is a tendency you will do the same as your dad when you get to 60.
Be careful what you do to him now.
Be also ready to forbid all his ugly ways if u must tow a different path.
Final suggestion:
take your time and route a good prophet in town, verify that he is a true man of God and can actually prophesy.
Then take your whole family to his church for family deliverance.
My suggestion is TB joshua.
Otherwise, you are already seeing your future in your dad.
. . And mum.
Re: How Would You React If You Know Your Dad Is Cheating Of your Mum? by Vieira(m): 1:11pm On Nov 17, 2011
60 year old man and you want to be advising him?

I think the man knows what he is doing, just tell him to be careful and leave matter.

Your mum is not even complaining is she? and anyway she cannot talk after what she has done in the past.

I would advise you to keep your nose out of it my friend, let papa enjoy him remaining years.
Re: How Would You React If You Know Your Dad Is Cheating Of your Mum? by BigMeat2: 2:07pm On Nov 17, 2011
You should let him know about your concerns and how it is affecting you personally
This should be done in an atmosphere of love and respect, since they're your parents
Re: How Would You React If You Know Your Dad Is Cheating Of your Mum? by kings112(m): 2:57pm On Nov 17, 2011
Minister of women affairs : how i wish i was the one
Re: How Would You React If You Know Your Dad Is Cheating Of your Mum? by trooperz(m): 3:17pm On Nov 17, 2011
With all due respect. Daddy ride on!!! cheesy
Re: How Would You React If You Know Your Dad Is Cheating Of your Mum? by Sinju: 4:14pm On Nov 17, 2011
Please talk to your father.
If he gets infected with HIV guess who is going to provide care for him.
2 people I grew up with had to deal with caring for their old fathers who got sick with HIV/AIDS. One has died and left 2 infected wives behind.
Thankfully, my other friend's mother was wise enough to take off a long time ago when different women were coming to rack her in the house.
Re: How Would You React If You Know Your Dad Is Cheating Of your Mum? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 5:41pm On Nov 17, 2011
sad
Re: How Would You React If You Know Your Dad Is Cheating Of your Mum? by johndavid1(m): 5:54pm On Nov 17, 2011
Sinju:

Iron monkey no dey get HIV grin grin grin grin
Re: How Would You React If You Know Your Dad Is Cheating Of your Mum? by deadie(m): 6:43pm On Nov 17, 2011
Come this boy, mind your business oh! When your mum dey enjoy with the priest, you halla am abi you tell your papa? Now your dad don dey get him own revenge you wan complain. Take your time oh, mama sympathiser/supporter. Amebo cheesy
Re: How Would You React If You Know Your Dad Is Cheating Of your Mum? by gascoign1(m): 7:41pm On Nov 17, 2011
Try hard to lock up
Re: How Would You React If You Know Your Dad Is Cheating Of your Mum? by Busybody2(f): 8:09pm On Nov 17, 2011
Sinju:

2 people I grew up with had to deal with caring for their old fathers who got sick with HIV/AIDS. One has died and left 2 infected wives behind.
Thankfully, my other friend's mother was wise enough to take off a long time ago when different women were coming to rack her in the house.

Sinju:

This is so true. Funny how a lot of contributors to this thread below (which was supposed to be a two word dedication to Dad)said they lost their Fathers to AIDS in their 50's and 60's yet people still have not learnt to strap up cos as usual they believe HIV and AIDS is some kokoro that one Baba Dibia based in Ibadan can suck out and has found the cure for sad sad sad

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-572124.0.html

Nigerian men, especially the older generation who should know better we have let that country down so bad IN ALL RAMNIFICATION cry
Re: How Would You React If You Know Your Dad Is Cheating Of your Mum? by tlops(m): 10:16pm On Nov 17, 2011
high matter! lif am for God!
Re: How Would You React If You Know Your Dad Is Cheating Of your Mum? by Galaxy7: 10:19pm On Nov 17, 2011
db10dtruth:

Your papa poor no mean say u go poor, Learn 4rm dem and choose a DIFFERENT part, u no won b like fada like son
coogar:

you are a full-grown man now - you have to confront him.
as long as you don't wait for his handouts, you have to sit him down and tell him his irresponsibility is smearing the family name.
warn him sternly you will go to your mum if he persists with his extra marital affairs.
true talk my dear
Re: How Would You React If You Know Your Dad Is Cheating Of your Mum? by Galaxy7: 10:25pm On Nov 17, 2011
If you keep quite it means you all are birds of the same feather.
Re: How Would You React If You Know Your Dad Is Cheating Of your Mum? by emmatok(m): 11:15pm On Nov 17, 2011
It is a fragrant topic but culminated minds must take heart and discuss it. At this antediluvian stage I am innundated with gigantic
scrapes even some matured minds may not accomodate.    .
It started a few years back when we were still catholics, ma dad was a devoted christian with albatros in the catholic church.
Unfortunatly at the early age of 12, i saw ma dad loose ma mum to the parish priest (rev.father) I expected ma seniors to have
a say but they dare not cus ma mum loved us so much. It was so obvious that ma dad stopped sitting in front of the church, later
stopped going, later stopped us from going to catholic church. As time went on i finished ma secondary education and travelled. I later got
informed that ma mum had abdicated from seen the priest. [/b]We became one happy family again. Later that year i was told that ma dad now
dates a benin woman.  knowing very well what we had seen in the past, i adviced my senior brother to be mute and just pray over it.

Years has gone by until this same week i had a problem with ma mum concerning marriage, i called my junior to inform him about what ma mum
said, only for me to be told that ma dad is now the minister for women affairs. (in his 60s)waooo, what a situation. My mum is so laconic about the
whole thing but ma dads seems to be graduating from benin women to calabar women to different women.     
I  have finished all my dictions to confront him as am no longer a child. Where do i start? how to an introduce it?   

Do you mean your mum was dating the "rev.father" for [b]a long time
back-then?

Well i have have a feeling he is retaliating for Mums action and[b] since you are all grownups he feels he has noting to loose[/b] .

Just talk to him about his health  and make him understand you still see him as a mentor .
Re: How Would You React If You Know Your Dad Is Cheating Of your Mum? by Genius100: 12:25am On Nov 18, 2011
So your mom had a long term relationship with a Rev. father while married to your dad, and you have the liver to blame your dad for becoming the minister of women affairs. You must not be serious. You better be proud of your dad. Your mom insulted him in a grand manner and this is the only way he can get his dignity back.

Just remind him to be protected at all times and go ahead with your life
Re: How Would You React If You Know Your Dad Is Cheating Of your Mum? by Nobody: 12:26am On Nov 18, 2011
This is the consequence of what your mum did. This is all linked. It is possible that somewhere in his heart, he hadn't fully forgiven the woman (Such is very hard. if not impossible save for God's help). The woman damaged his ego by having an affair with the other man, essentially saying he wasn't enough. The devil jumped on this opportunity of his low ego to introduce new yansh into his life. This new yansh affirms to him that yes he is still a desirable man. That euphoric feeling of being "desired" can be very powerful and addictive, especially after years of ego depression. Hence him becoming the "minister of women affairs" as you put it  grin . .  sad.

If you're an adult talk to him about it. Also remind him that there are always consequences for such actions. He has likely forgotten.
The thing about sin is, when u start it, you forget everything else. Until it has fully given birth to your misery that you hold your head and go "why did I do this thing?"(Much like your mum is today). If he doesn't stop, he'll be the one iin her shoes in the future. This is the mystery of iniquity.

Explain to him that the consequence of your mum' infidelity is what is currently going on, but that the consequence of HIS can affect anyone else and on and on goes the cursed chain. Admonish him to be the Captain God intended when He placed him in the family and severe the chain from damaging any other person in the family.
Re: How Would You React If You Know Your Dad Is Cheating Of your Mum? by kelz88(f): 12:42am On Nov 18, 2011
Might this be a phase he is going through? Maybe he wants to get back at your mom?

He is probably no longer in love with your mom. They should consider counselling or divorce or something. Anything.
Sad.
Re: How Would You React If You Know Your Dad Is Cheating Of your Mum? by splitnaija(m): 2:53am On Nov 18, 2011
Flashaldrin:

ehen op you say,,,,, wink wink you mad bro?? undecided undecided

simple question : what is brb?

ok, let me make it simpler for you:

brb means_______________________(complete the sentence)
Re: How Would You React If You Know Your Dad Is Cheating Of your Mum? by Wadosky(m): 3:47am On Nov 18, 2011
This story is not new to me,may be am talking out of experience,when u find out one of urs is cheating on the other,most times u keep mute just for peace to reign in the family and sometimes to protect the image of the family outside.personally,it will hurt so bad when u realize that ur parents are that irresponsible when they are suppose to be role models.I think I will probably shut them out of my world and focus on living my own life and try to be the best to my folks.
Re: How Would You React If You Know Your Dad Is Cheating Of your Mum? by Tinax(f): 9:21am On Nov 18, 2011
we'r havin the same problem in my family, the most painful part is that the woman my dad is havin affair with is an old cargo,ugly and drin my fathr's remain fresh blood, to campar with my mum who's still lookin very beautful, assumin the woman is young,our plan will be to marry her for him,take our mumcy with us. We'r not happy with my dad atll.
Re: How Would You React If You Know Your Dad Is Cheating Of your Mum? by fm7070: 1:29pm On Nov 18, 2011
your mom started it, so why do u want to disturb the man when he's on revenge mission.
No man will catch his wife cheating and will be happy about it.
he's even so considerate that he didn't send her packing
Re: How Would You React If You Know Your Dad Is Cheating Of your Mum? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 18, 2011
As a teenager, yes shut up. But as an adult, You really can't just let such continue.
Reason is, as an adult you should understand that these things have consequences. Consequences [b]YOU [/b]might suffer. Because it invites the devil into a home. Devil no dey look face when he start ein fukup.

So if for nothing else, for the love of your own future or current immediate family (wife, children), be the agent of change to end that destructive chain.
You have to bring it up with the person cheating and behoove him/her to do the right thing. The right thing should most importantly involve a confession to his/her partner.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Many Naira Would Be A Good 'gift' For A Nigerian Friend? / #UPDATED#Amazing World Best Childrens Room Designs #simplybreathtaking / Is It Fair To Get Even With Your Spouse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.