Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,241 members, 7,897,271 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 11:09 AM

Who Among These Contributed Greatly To Nigerian Music? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Who Among These Contributed Greatly To Nigerian Music? (114 Views)

“We Contributed To Your Growth’ – Nigerians Slam Burna Boy / Eldee The Don: How I Contributed To The Decay Called Yahoo Boys / Funke Adesiyan: "How My Tribal Marks Greatly Affected My Self-Esteem" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Among These Contributed Greatly To Nigerian Music? by Melagros(m): 9:33am On Apr 04
COMRADES, we all listen to Nigerian music and also dance to it. Sometimes, we focus our attention or evaluation mostly on the artistes in front of the scene and forget about the some of major contributors behind the scenes.

Below are some of the names of the actors who contributed greatly to the music industry in Nigeria in raising these great artistes. However, who among them do you think deserve the highest honour?

ID CABASA

THE KENNIES

DON JAZZY

OJEZ MUSIC

OBASEKI...executive producer for Zulezu

SARS

DOKPESI

BEN BRUCE

AHBU VENTURES

IYKE DE DON ETC

You can add your's
Re: Who Among These Contributed Greatly To Nigerian Music? by brain54(m): 9:39am On Apr 04
Kennis music did a lot...

In promoting Nigerian music and also making it global/international.

I think those guys deserve a special recognition award.

ID cabasa and especially don jazzy bred a newer generation of music artists... I can say they solidified the foundation already built by the likes of kennis.

Dokpesi I wouldn't say contributed directly. However he did give massive airplay to Nigerian music on his station ray power. He also was the back bone of support to the kennis duo at the time... Without him maybe kennis would never have been born. So his contributions were indirect.

Ben Bruce was more into beauty pageantry... grin I don't know much about his contributions to Nigerian music!

1 Like

Re: Who Among These Contributed Greatly To Nigerian Music? by Treasure17(m): 9:45am On Apr 04
For me, I think it's Kennis. They had a global impact during their days.

1 Like

Re: Who Among These Contributed Greatly To Nigerian Music? by Melagros(m): 10:08am On Apr 04
brain54:
Kennis music did a lot...

In promoting Nigerian music and also making it global/international.

I think those guys deserve a special recognition award.

ID cabasa and especially don jazzy breed a newer generation of music artists... I can say they solidified the foundation already built by the likes of kennis.

Dokpesi I wouldn't say contributed directly. However he did give massive airplay to Nigerian music on his station ray power. He also was the back bone of support to the kennis duo at the time... Without him maybe kennis would never have been born. So his contributions were also indirect.

Ben Bruce was more into beauty pageantry... grin I don't know much about his contributions to Nigerian music!
Nice inputs

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Dancer Korra Obidi Reportedly Attacked In London / Applying The Law: Between Bobrisky And Cubana Chief Priest / Kendall Jenner Biography: Age, Relationship, Height, Net Worth, Family, Educatio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.