Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,199 members, 7,873,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:38 PM

Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road (50232 Views)

Sand Filling Commences On Portions Of Landmark Beach Resort / This Is The Oyedepo Hangar They Plan To Demolish / A Day Out At La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort, Ibeju-Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Bintasukai: 10:13pm On Apr 05
lexy2014:

how does this thread denigrate SW?

can you pls show me the "bigotry" in this question....what will be the economic value that the road will bring?

has the meaning of the word "bigotry" changed in the dictionary?

Oga free me. Ask another person.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Procashtips(m): 10:16pm On Apr 05
If Landmark is going, that means all the other beaches along that same coastal line are going too or why was only Landmark mentioned?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by lexy2014: 10:16pm On Apr 05
Bintasukai:

Oga free me. Ask another person.

is it "another person" that said

Bintasukai:

You are always on threads that denigrate SW.

how does this thread denigrate SW?

can you pls show me the "bigotry" in this question....what will be the economic value that the road will bring?

has the meaning of the word "bigotry" changed in the dictionary?
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by MasterTeeUSA: 10:19pm On Apr 05
The point he is making does not fly anywhere...go and check the Barclay Center in New York...some people even said they would never sell their houses...the Court took them over and gave them to the Govt...the public good supersedes private assets.

Gerrard59:

You did not address the issue but rather attacked his personality.

Interesting to note.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by wolebest: 10:26pm On Apr 05
nlfpmod:
Nigeria Wants A Road To Rival The Pacific Coast Highway - CNN

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/05/business/landmark-beach-nigeria-demolition-superhighway/index.html

What most people don't realize is the coastal road project is as old as Nigeria.

The concept is not new.......past government lacked the will and commitment to go ahead the project.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Originalsly: 10:48pm On Apr 05
Has the road even begun? .... why not complete the first phase? ... iconic road .... these politicians and their grandiose plans. What happen to Fashola's promise of sky scrapers lining the coast and rivaling Dubai? ... or the gondolas for mass transportation? When this man site is demolished and the road project is abandoned ... would the ones be preaching now be available for explanation?... or sunbathing in Dubai with the looted funds.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Boldideas: 10:48pm On Apr 05
nlfpmod:
Nigeria Wants A Road To Rival The Pacific Coast Highway - CNN

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/05/business/landmark-beach-nigeria-demolition-superhighway/index.html

Bros collect your compensation and partner with Government. Your whatever is not as important as this laudable,project. Honestly it beats my imagination.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by LilX2: 10:50pm On Apr 05
Zxcvbnmghtr:

I haven't heard Yoruba's crying that Bobrisky was arrested because he is Yoruba. grin grin grin grin That is what they would have been crying 😭 all over by now had it been Cubana Priest was arrested.

Hear them start crying up and down now that this is because PAUL ONWUANIBE is an Igbo man. undecided

Where’s the shame in mentioning Bobrisky? To even compare him is alarming.

But thank God for the bolded remarks in the comment below about the Minister of works who is Igbo and not Yoruba or Hausa or Wike's tribe.

Where’s the shame in mentioning Bobrisky? To even compare him is alarming.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by agabusta: 11:05pm On Apr 05
olisaEze:
"Valued at over $200 million, according to Onwuanibe, the Landmark site is home to over 80 businesses and provides more than 4,000 direct jobs. It also generates over 2 billion Naira ($1.5 million) in annual tax revenue"

They’re prepared to lose $1.5 million annually in tax and 4000 jobs in these hard times. Why, because Tinubu and his all Yoruba advisers are real dullards who will not stop until they see the country in ruins. Even the CNN reporter is shocked! Funny thing there is, they think they’re dealing with the Igbos, but I bet over 50% of those 4000 jobs sent into the unemployment market will be Yoruba.

Myopia
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by tctrills: 11:11pm On Apr 05
KillIgbohoN0W:
Why wasn't Oniru & Elegushi beaches notified?
You are right, igbos care about themselves and love to protect each other's business.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Wenonawde(m): 11:20pm On Apr 05
omoredia:
Until we team up to send these vampires in government straight to hell where they belong, nothing good will come out from all our struggles and hustle as Nigerians.
You are simply typing nonsense here; is this not a positive development for the country? Let him to file for compensation, and I believe the government will also be waiting for it. It's unfortunate that his business is going down, but the country really needs such infrastructure right now..

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by abbey621(m): 11:28pm On Apr 05
Bintasukai:

I swear. Question wey no Dey ever make sense. E go come Dey ask am like say na d question go bring enlightenment to the whole world. The reason why he asks again and again is because he did not get the bigoted answer wey e Dey find. Real sociopath. Unstable guy.

The guy don dey do am for years now, anytime I see him on a thread, I just avoid that thread.....It took a long time before I realized his pattern.....Any answer wey him no agree with, he'll keep asking the same thing over and over again.....Omo I ran for my mental health grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Wenonawde(m): 11:34pm On Apr 05
Blaze14k:
Why always igbo people I really don't understand this trend
. Why must you link everything to tribalism? Can't you read from the post that it connects almost nine states? Is that not an amazing development for the country? You, Igbos, are Nigeria's problem. Everyone realises it will be a big loss for him, let him file for compensation.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Blackdisciple(m): 11:35pm On Apr 05
ogub:
That will not be too much to ask for.

Ehh they should compensate him or stop paying tax that worth landmark for so so and so years besides when he aquire that place even Lagos state government approved that place for him
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by SonofElElyonRet: 11:39pm On Apr 05
Overriding public interest. He shall be fairly compensated
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Peppysco: 12:04am On Apr 06
Artscollection:

EZI !!! i know the agbado they promised you has eaten the miniature grey matter in your cranium hence your lack of comprehension of basic statement.

Just when I thought your first comment was wack, this one takes the prize. Just take your trophy and walk home, ain't engaging with a dud no more.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by indigenous234(f): 1:48am On Apr 06
So the Beach resort didn't get building approval?... In as much as I feel for the guy seeing his hard earned sweat on the verge of being destroyed I can't but imagine if, just if, he had the wisdom to build it in Imo State.

If that investment is owned by an indigenous yoruba, would they not have found some solution to workaround not demolishing the place?.

The truth is such a bitter pill.

They bankrupted our fathers after the war by ceasing their wealth and only handing them 20pounds after the war and have been demolishing the businesses of the present generation. One day, just one day, Fathers and sons will say enough is enough.

Emekaonline:

Ensure you build wisely. If you build anyhow, Your house will be demolished anywhere. Go and ask those whose property are being demolished in Anambra. Oh I forgot Anambra is not part of Igbo land. Nonsense!
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by indigenous234(f): 1:52am On Apr 06
Akun ruo ulo... Gerrard nwanne. Akun ruo ulo. The Southeast is such a fertile land for business and I wonder why our people want to die in Lagos. Nigeria has 36+1 states & Lagos is the largest economy followed by Imo State !!!.

Akun ruo ulo 💯

Gerrard59:

The short term plan should be to lease. The long term goal should be to park the wealth outside Nigeria. The die-put-mentality in Nigeria by Igbos has to change. There exist other places across the world to invest and actually OWN properties.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by AcrylicProperty(f): 2:49am On Apr 06
Oh Yes! Your best is yet to come guys...

Reach out to us for the best of genuine & verified properties with a reputable Real Estate company that delivers. Read more on our signature below here 👇to leverage the current promo and contact the number.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Dshocker(m): 3:17am On Apr 06
Nigeria is one sick place to invest your money.

In as much as the rail project is a mega project and more beneficial to the state and Nigeria at large, the government don't go about destroying people's business, that was set up legitimately.

If landmark was duly and properly acquired by
Paul Onwuanibe, then the government must compensate him to the tune of the value.

Things like this scare off investors from investing here in Nigeria, you invest, and 20yrs later, another government comes in and gives 1001 reasons why your business has to be shut down.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by adicius: 3:20am On Apr 06
He should go and build the beach in the east,..............oh wait!!!!!! 😁

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:44am On Apr 06
Image123:

Don't be unfortunate. He's not the only one affected, many more will be affected and compensated across 9 states. The FG has right of way by law. The man has duly and early enough been given the demolition order, which also urged him to file compensation claims. Stop thinking like a termite.

BTW, it's just 50metres into his property. Wonder why he's telling half truth about $200 million like it's the whole property.
so it's not the entire property right?? Then if naso no need to cry much and this is why town planning is important and necessary
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Image123(m): 4:32am On Apr 06
OGHENAOGIE:
so it's not the entire property right?? Then if naso no need to cry much and this is why town planning is important and necessary

Exactly.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by naijamerican: 4:58am On Apr 06
RenaissanceGuy:
If you knew the caliber of structures America tears down to build new structures, you'll see that this is moi-moi. If White House needs to be demolished and relocated for a very important road line like this Lagos-Calabar road, they'll do it! One of the reasons Nigerian towns and cities are so jaga jaga is due to the lack of willingness to demolish structures to align with earlier or new city-plan layouts.

They hardly tear down structures in America you bloody liar
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by naijamerican: 5:01am On Apr 06
Aussie2doc:

Just keep shut. I am Yoruba. My property worth 200 million is marked for demolition for the same coastal road. In my estate, more than 70 homes are marked and we were given one week notice too. The total estimated value by Federal ministry of works approved estate valuer is 16 billion. More than half of the properties are owned by Yorubas.

Just shut the Bleep up Tribalist

You’re a liar, shut up
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Aussie2doc: 5:43am On Apr 06
naijamerican:

You’re a liar, shut up

let me tell you more lies.

More than five thousand homes are involved all the way from VI, IKate, orchid road, oniru all the way to Sangotedo. etc. Many elite estates are involved.
I don’t care whether you believe it or not. If I am asked to give an estimate of my property, I will say 300 million.

The valuer from the federal ministry of work that came valued it at 200 million. We have up to 70 homes marked in our estate alone.

You guys will be shouting Igbo , Igbo …. What is wrong with all of you?
You people should just keep shut and let us hear word.

EVEN LEKKI CONSERVATION CENTRE IS AFFECTED. How much it affects it is what I don’t know but I am sure.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Lavor234: 5:56am On Apr 06
Very short sighted and myopic reasoning with no consequential thinking. Demolition will cost you more than you petty grouse since you cannot think past today, it will also ruin future investment in the country.
Money is a coward and goes only where it is welcome. No one will invest in a place where it will be demolished under the whims and caprices
Most industries are relocating to Togo and Benin. How will the govt recoup FDI, is it through taxing improverished citizenene
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by dejol88: 6:02am On Apr 06
I genuinely need someone to clarify why Nigeria at this time is embarking on this 1 trillion naira project. Do we really need this new road?
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Diligence: 6:07am On Apr 06
When I remember Third Mainland Bridge, when I remember Lagos-Ibadan Express Way, messed up environment in the ND areas, #so many abandoned federal highways/roads... & suddenly, I hear of these coastal lines, I just conclude: Nigeria is always embarking on White Elephant projects they HV no plans at all to maintain/sustain.

Except Nigeria fixes the issue of Project Management & Controls, Public-Private synergy, Environmental Protection Responsibilities ...
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by Benwallt(m): 6:19am On Apr 06
Obidients aka igbos have seen something to cry about. Why is the topic changing? CNN 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 these boys are prone to foolery
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by iReddington: 6:24am On Apr 06
olisaEze:
"Valued at over $200 million, according to Onwuanibe, the Landmark site is home to over 80 businesses and provides more than 4,000 direct jobs. It also generates over 2 billion Naira ($1.5 million) in annual tax revenue"

They’re prepared to lose $1.5 million annually in tax and 4000 jobs in these hard times. Why, because Tinubu and his all Yoruba advisers are real dullards who will not stop until they see the country in ruins. Even the CNN reporter is shocked! Funny thing there is, they think they’re dealing with the Igbos, but I bet over 50% of those 4000 jobs sent into the unemployment market will be Yoruba.

$1.5 million in tax compared to the hundreds of thousands of jobs, real estate, motels, restaurants that will spring up along the coast in the entirety of the 9 states, do you guys think at all, why are you people just incredibly unreasonable and think everything is about you. Do you even have a working brain to begin with? Because only someone who is completely oblivious, foolish and empty upstairs would reason this way. 🤦
Re: Lagos To Demolish Landmark Beach Resort For Coastal Road by iReddington: 6:33am On Apr 06
Lavor234:
Very short sighted and myopic reasoning with no consequential thinking. Demolition will cost you more than you petty grouse since you cannot think past today, it will also ruin future investment in the country.
Money is a coward and goes only where it is welcome. No one will invest in a place where it will be demolished under the whims and caprices
Most industries are relocating to Togo and Benin. How will the govt recoup FDI, is it through taxing improverished citizenene
Do you know the magnitude of this project, the hundreds and thousands of jobs, real estate, motels, restaurants, fuel stations and other small businesses that will spring up along the coast in the entirety of the 9 states, do you guys think at all, you're bleating how investments and FDI but can the beach rival the economic benefits and upturn this massive project would bring to the country and all the all 9 states individually.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak In Onitsha As Truck Crashes Toronto Hospital Fence (Photos, Video) / Moremi Statue Of Liberty - Photos and Video of The Tallest Statue In Nigeria / US To Deport Foreign Students Whose Courses Go Fully Online

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.