Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,354 members, 7,940,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 02:17 AM

Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional (4913 Views)

WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL / Woman Sows Seed With Her Husband's Car In Delta Church (Photos) / Pastor Forces Woman To Use Her Suv To Sow Seed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 8:27am On Jun 09
PST. SUNDAY & PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO.

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday, June 9, 2024

*FASTING DOES NOT CHANGE GOD*

*Matthew 6:16-18 NIV*
_“When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.”_

Fasting is a spiritual discipline that involves voluntarily abstaining from food or certain activities for a period of time, typically for the purpose of seeking God's guidance, repentance, or spiritual renewal. When fasting is properly understood, we'll come to see that it doesn't affect or change God in any way; rather, it transforms our minds and brings us to a place where we are able to fellowship and receive from God easily.

At the heart of fasting is a deFasting is a means of spiritual discipline and self-control. In Galatians 5:22-23, self-control is listed as one of the fruits of the Spirit, indicating its importance in the life of the believer. By denying ourselves physical nourishment or certain pleasures, we exercise discipline over our desires and impulses, allowing the Holy Spirit to work in us and through us.

sire for intimacy with God and a willingness to sacrifice worldly comforts for spiritual growth. In Matthew 6:16-18 (NIV), Jesus teaches about the importance of fasting with sincerity and humility, avoiding the temptation to seek recognition from others. When we fast, we demonstrate our dependence on God and our desire to seek His will above all else.

Additionally, fasting is a powerful tool for spiritual breakthroughs and discerning God's direction. In Acts 13:2-3, the early church leaders fasted and prayed before making important decisions, seeking God's guidance and empowerment for their ministry. Similarly, when we fast and pray, we position ourselves to hear from God more clearly and to receive His wisdom and direction for our lives.

Furthermore, fasting is a means of expressing repentance and seeking God's forgiveness. In Joel 2:12-13, the prophet Joel calls for a fast as a response to sin, urging the people to "rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love." Fasting serves as a tangible expression of our repentance and our desire to turn back to God with sincerity and humility.

Fasting is a spiritual discipline that holds great significance in the life of every believer. It is a means of putting the body under, drawing closer to God, exercising self-control, seeking spiritual breakthroughs, and expressing repentance. As we embrace the discipline of fasting with sincerity and humility, we open ourselves to the transformative power of God's presence and His will in our lives. Let us commit to fasting and praying regularly, seeking God's guidance, empowerment, and forgiveness, and experiencing His abundant blessings and grace.

*Prayer*
Heavenly Father, Thank You for the gift of fasting. Lord, as I wait on You, draw me closer to You and guide me according to Your will. Amen.

*Declaration*
In the name of Jesus, I declare that as I fast and pray, I draw closer to God and His will, experiencing His transformative power in my life.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 8:47am On Jun 10

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday, June 10, 2024

*LAUNCH INTO THE DEEP*

*Luke 5:4-6 KJV*
_‘’Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught. But Simon answered and said to Him, “Master, we had toiled all night and caught nothing; nevertheless at Your word I will let down the net.” And when they had done this, they caught a great number of fish, and their net was breaking.’’_

Sharks don’t swim in puddles. If you want to see the wonders of God, desist from camping around shallow waters. There are heavy breakthroughs that only remain the constant normal to those who do business in deep waters. Peter’s toiling all night shows us clearly that Satan and his demons are not always responsible for our lack. All we need to do sometimes is to simply change our address by entering into the realms of the Spirit. By doing this, you no longer pick the impulses of the flesh again nor can offenses affect you anymore. You simply glide, advance and soar. This is where the eagles dwell.

Lack does not exist to people who believe in and live by the Word of God. This is because they operate in the economy of “…At Your word”, just like Peter. Anytime you want a net-breaking testimony or a boat-sinking harvest, just remember that they reside in the deep. You need to act in obedience, launch into the deep in prayer and faith, believing God's Word totally.

The season upon us calls for heavy investments in prayers to download the plans and thoughts of God concerning the Kingdom. You can toil all night and also work in the energy of the flesh without any result. To get results, listen to God’s voice, obey His command and act in faith. The demands you make in the Spirit can only be met when you take a step of faith.

You need to pray in God’s presence. Take out time to fast and pray His will into your life. By doing this, you come into divine intelligence on the depth He wants you to go. God doesn’t want you to scratch the surface alone. He desires that you seek like the deer panting for water. Only by going deeper can we enjoy the supernatural life like Jesus and the apostles did.

We are called to journey into spiritual depths, just as Peter did when Jesus told him to cast his nets into deep seas and was rewarded with a plentiful catch. It is in this sphere where breakthroughs occur, the body is conquered, and God's plan is revealed. We position ourselves for tremendous blessings by acting in obedience and faith, completely trusting God's Word. This necessitates a fervent desire to seek God's will through prayer, fasting, and in the Word. Only by delving deeply into the Spirit can we receive the fullness of God's promises and live supernaturally, as Jesus and the apostles did.

*Prayer*
O Lord, take me into the deep by Your mercy; help me not to walk in the energy of the flesh. Amen.

*Declaration*
I operate in obedience and faith. I am no longer shallow, and I constantly navigate the deep waters where God’s Spirit moves and dwells.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 7:35am On Jun 11

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday, June 11, 2024

*FINDING YOUR PATH WITH GOD'S DIRECTION*

*Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV*
_"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."_

In the journey of life, we often encounter crossroads where decisions must be made. And big or small, they shape our destiny. At such pivotal moments, seeking divine direction from God becomes essential. But how do we discern His guidance amidst the noise of the world?

Divine direction is seeking God's guidance and wisdom in making decisions, big or small. It's about inviting God to be an active participant in our lives, trusting His wisdom to lead us on the right path. Seeking divine direction acknowledges our dependence on God's sovereignty and our desire to align our will with His.

God sees the bigger picture that we often miss. Seeking divine direction allows us to tap into His wisdom and gain clarity on our situation from His perspective. Making decisions without seeking God's guidance can lead to unintended consequences. Seeking divine direction helps us avoid pitfalls and make choices that are in line with God's will for our lives. Trusting God's guidance strengthens our faith as we witness His faithfulness in leading us through life's challenges and uncertainties. Seeking divine direction leads us closer to fulfilling our God-given purpose. When we align our decisions with God's will, we step into the path He has prepared for us, fulfilling His plans for our lives.

How do we seek God’s direction?

Prayer is the foundation for seeking heavenly direction. Prayer allows us to communicate with God, revealing our desires, concerns, and anxieties. We seek His direction and wisdom, knowing that He hears and responds to our petitions. The second is through God’s Word. The Bible is an invaluable source of knowledge and advice. Psalm 119:105 says, "Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path." Studying God's Word reveals His character and His will for our life.

God communicates with us in a variety of ways, including His Word, the guidance of wise mentors, and the prompting of the Holy Spirit. Therefore, we must learn to listen for God's voice and respond obediently. Discernment is the process of discerning between God's voice and other voices. Proverbs 3:5-6 says, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."

Seeking divine direction involves a path of faith, trust, and surrender. It is about admitting God's sovereignty, seeking His wisdom, and trusting His guidance to lead us in the right direction. As we develop the habit of seeking direction from God, may we find reassurance in knowing that we are following God's will for our lives.

*Prayer*
Gracious God, as I stand at the crossroads of life, I humbly seek Your divine direction. Open my eyes to see Your guiding hand, and grant me the courage to follow where You lead. Amen.

*Declaration*
Today, I declare my commitment to seek divine direction in all areas of my life, trusting in God's wisdom and guidance to lead me along the path of righteousness and fulfillment.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 9:46am On Jun 12

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, June 12, 2024

*IN UNITY WE THRIVE*

*Psalm 133:1 ESV*
_"Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity!"_

*Colossians 3:14 NIV*
_"And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."_

Show me a man that says “my vote doesn’t count” and I will show you a person who doesn’t care about the responsibilities of democracy. As Nigerians, Democracy Day holds profound significance, marking the triumph of unity, freedom, and the collective will of the people. It is a day to reflect on our journey as a nation, celebrate our diversity, and renew our commitment to the principles of democracy.

Romans 13:1 reminds us of the importance of governance and authority. In a democratic nation like Nigeria, where leadership is chosen by the people, we must recognize that not performing your civic duty of voting and holding our leaders accountable will do damage to our country.

With over 200 ethnic groups, Nigeria is a tapestry of cultures, languages, and traditions woven together in a vibrant mosaic of diversity. As Nigerians, Democracy Day is more than just a date on the calendar—it is a symbol of our collective journey towards unity, freedom, and the fulfillment of democratic ideals. While many of us might not be too pleased with the last elections, our mandate now as citizens is to honour and respect our governing authorities, holding them accountable while contributing positively to the development of our nation. Psalm 133:1 beautifully captures the essence of unity, which is a cornerstone of democracy. It extols the beauty of unity, emphasizing its importance in fostering peace and prosperity.

As Nigerians, our diversity is our strength. Democracy Day is an opportunity to celebrate this diversity and acknowledge that our strength lies in our ability to dwell together in unity, regardless of our differences. Nigeria will indeed experience true peace when we all, from all the different ethnic groups, begin to see each other first as Nigerians before anything else. If we cannot unite within ourselves, then we will become easy prey for outsiders who might want to devour.

In commemorating Democracy Day, let us embrace the values of freedom, justice, and equality. Let us commit to active citizenship, engaging in the democratic process to shape the future of our nation. Through dialogue, collaboration, and mutual respect, we can build a Nigeria where every voice is heard, every life is valued, and every dream is achievable.

*Prayer*
Empower us, O Lord, to be agents of unity, peace, and progress in our nation. Fill us with Your wisdom, Your courage, and Your love as we strive to build a Nigeria where every voice is heard, every life is valued, and every dream is achievable, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

*Declaration*
Today, I declare that I am committed to the principles of democracy and unity in Nigeria. I commit to being a beacon of light in my community and thereby inspiring others to join me in the journey towards a better Nigeria.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 9:47am On Jun 13

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday, June 13, 2024

*NURTURING FELLOWSHIP WITHIN THE BODY OF CHRIST*

*Hebrews 10:23-25 ESV*
‘’Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.’’

Hebrews 10:23–25; serves as a reminder of the critical role that fellowship plays in the body of Christ. This passage emphasizes the importance of encouraging one another in love and good deeds while holding firmly to our hope in God's promises. As Christians, we have a responsibility to foster deep connections within the church community, supporting and uplifting each other.

These verses call us to maintain our faith in God's promises, for He who promised is faithful. Our trust in God forms the foundation of our fellowship, uniting us as one body with a shared hope and purpose. This hope sustains us through difficulties and uncertainties, anchoring us amidst life's challenges.

How can we create a solid fellowship among ourselves?

Hold Fast to Hope: Root your fellowship in the hope of God's promises. Remind yourself of His unwavering loyalty and dependability, particularly during times of uncertainty or doubt. Let your faith in Christ be a source of strength and encouragement for others.

Cultivate Authentic Relationships: Strive to form genuine and meaningful relationships within the church. Make a conscious effort to nurture these ties, creating an environment of love, trust, and mutual support.

Encourage One Another: Look for ways to uplift and edify your fellow believers. Offer words of encouragement, acts of kindness, and prayers of support. Be a source of comfort and inspiration to those who are struggling or in need.

Prioritize Fellowship: Make fellowship a priority in your life, not just as an optional activity but as an essential aspect of your spiritual growth. Attend church services, small group meetings, and other church events regularly, eager to connect with others and grow in your faith together.

Hebrews 10:23–25 reminds us of the importance of sticking together as believers. We need to encourage each other, trust in God's promises, and build real friendships. Our faith in God's trustworthiness should be the glue that holds us together. By making time for each other, staying hopeful, being genuine, and cheering each other on, we can create a strong and supportive community within the church.

*Prayer*
Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of fellowship within the body of Christ. Help me to hold fast to my hope in Your promises and also to encourage one another in love and good works.

*Declaration*
I declare that I will prioritize fellowship within the body of Christ, holding fast to my hope in God's promises, and encouraging others in love and good works..
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 8:30am On Jun 14

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday, June 14, 2024

*THE TRANSFORMATIVE POWER OF HUMILITY*

*Philippians 2:5-8 NKJV*
_“Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.”_

Humility is widely recognized as a significant virtue in various religious and philosophical traditions. The Bible provides profound insights into humility, depicting it as a transformative trait that draws us nearer to God and helps us face life's challenges with grace. The ultimate example of humility is presented in the person of Jesus Christ. Philippians 2:5-8 states, "Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant." Jesus exemplified humility by leaving the glory of heaven to become a servant to humanity, demonstrating selflessness and humility.

The Bible consistently urges believers to practice humility. In 1 Peter 5:5, it states, "Clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, 'God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.'" This verse underscores the importance of humility in our relationships, highlighting that it invites God's favor into our lives. Humility involves acknowledging our dependence on God and recognizing that all we have and are is by His grace. James 4:10 further emphasizes, "Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up." When we approach God with a humble heart and surrender to His will, He meets us with His love and elevates us.

The Bible also teaches that humility is directly linked to wisdom. Proverbs 11:2 states, "When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom." Humility opens our hearts to receive divine wisdom, enabling us to make wise decisions, face challenges, and grow in character. Furthermore, humility is tied to serving others selflessly. In Mark 10:45, Jesus says, "For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many." God calls us to follow Christ's example by serving others with a humble heart, recognizing the inherent dignity and value of every individual.

The Bible reveals humility as a transformative quality that draws us closer to God and enables us to live purposefully and in service to others. By embracing humility, we imitate the divine example set by Jesus Christ. Through humility, we acknowledge our dependence on God, seek His wisdom, experience His favor, and serve others with love and compassion. Let us strive to cultivate humility in our lives and witness the profound impact it has on our relationship with God and our spiritual growth.

*Prayer*
Dear God, help me to embrace humility as a virtue that draws me closer to You and transforms my character. May Your Spirit guide me in walking humbly before You and others, recognizing my dependence on Your wisdom and strength. Amen.

*Declaration*
I embrace humility as a virtue that brings me closer to God and enables me to navigate life's challenges with grace and wisdom. Today and every day, I choose to walk humbly before God and others, knowing that His favor rests upon the humble.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 9:57am On Jun 15

Holyhill Church Abuja

WISDOM SEED
Saturday, June 15, 2024

*COME AS YOU ARE*

*Ephesians 2:19 KJV*
_‘’Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God.’’_

*2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV*
_‘’For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.’’_

Salvation means to be delivered or rescued from peril. In the case of the salvation of our souls, it means to be saved by God from the consequences of our sins. It is God showing us great mercies by preventing us from experiencing the punishment we deserve. When we think of salvation, we must relate it to these: what we are saved from, what we are saved to, and who we are saved by. Also, we must think of our salvation in stages – past, present and future. Hence, we are saved, we are being saved, and we shall be saved. Salvation speaks of receiving deliverance from our greatest problem, namely the many consequences of our sin against a holy God.

By whom are we saved? We are saved by Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is referred to as our Lord and Saviour. He is the only one that can save us. He doesn’t want you to clean yourself up before you come to Him. He wants you to come as you are and He will wash and clean you up with His precious blood and you will be clean and pure. He wants you to come now because now is your time for salvation. Even if you are already saved, run towards him when you make mistakes and fall into sin. His arms are wide open to receive you, and like a child learning to walk, He will keep washing you and helping you until you can stand strong in Him.

Salvation is not only being saved from something, it is also being saved to someone. We are saved from sin and brought to God. We are translated from the kingdom of darkness to the Kingdom of His dear Son Jesus. We have been delivered from the powers of darkness; we are now sons of God and enjoy all the benefits of being children of light. We have been set free and have been rescued from bondage and brought into freedom. We were saved from wrath and brought into peace with God. The Bible consistently shows that where sin once brought havoc and wreckage, the gospel brings life. Of all the many benefits of the gospel, the greatest one is that it brings us to God Himself. Glory to God. We are saved for a relationship. God has overcome our greatest problems so that we could be brought into a relationship and fellowship with Him. This very point must not be taken for granted as it will determine a lot of our experiences here on earth and even in heaven.

*Prayer*
Father, help me to always remember the main reason for my salvation which is to relate and fellowship with You, and help me to maintain an intimate relationship with You, in Jesus’ name.

*Declaration*
My eyes see well. I am conscious of the main reason for my salvation. I am deliberate and passionate about my relationship with God. I give every area of my life to God and I withhold nothing from Him.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 7:22am On Jun 17

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday, June 17, 2024

*THE DANGERS OF PRIDE*

*Proverbs 11:2 NKJV*
_‘’When pride comes, then comes shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.’’_

*Proverbs 13:10 KJV*
_‘’Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.’’_

Though we live in this world, we are not of the world. It is important we do not allow our hearts to be polluted by the spirit and ways of this world. 1 John 2:15-17 says, “Love not the world nor the things that are in the world, if any man loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever.”

The pride of life is one of the weapons in the hands of the devil to squeeze out from our hearts the agape love of God. Once the stronghold of love is weakened, the believer becomes unstable and unreasonable. Faith, the driver of everything, operates by love. The enemy knows that without faith and love you cannot please God so he tries to inject pride in the heart. The Bible says, ‘Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall’ (Prov. 16:18 KJV). So it is important we guard our hearts with all diligence by the help of the Holy Spirit, because pride is very subtle and can enter into the heart without a person knowing.

As believers, pride can be especially tricky. We might think that because we believe in God, we're better than others. But that's not what God wants. He wants us to be humble, which means knowing that we're not perfect and that we need His help. When we're humble, we can see the good in others and treat them with respect.

This year do not allow pride – that foolish and irrational corrupt sense of your status or achievement, or that over-bloated ego or sense of self-worth – to deprive you of entering into the things that God has in store for you. Pride is designed to make you the enemy of God, for He resists the proud and withdraws grace from them. The devil lost his standing with God because of pride. This season, pray for the Spirit of humility; for humility brings honour, promotion and grace.

Pride weakens our faith and makes us unstable. Therefore, we must guard our hearts against pride, seeking humility through prayer and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Pride leads to destruction and estrangement from God, so this year, let us reject pride and embrace humility, allowing God's will to prevail in our lives.

*Prayer*
Father, purge my heart from all roots of pride and arrogance. Clothe me with the garment of humility in Jesus’ name. Amen.

*Declaration*
I declare that no pride is in my heart. My heart is wise and humble. Arrogance and foolishness are far from me in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 9:40am On Jun 18
PST. SUNDAY & PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO..

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday, June 18, 2024

*SURRENDERING TO GOD'S WILL*

*Mark 14:36 NIV*
_"And he said, 'Abba, Father, all things are possible for you. Remove this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.'’_

In life, we frequently confront moments of uncertainty and adversity—times when we yearn for clarity and respite from the responsibilities we bear. In these moments, yielding to God's will becomes more than a choice; it is a profound act of faith and trust.

Mark 14:36 presents a powerful picture of surrender as Jesus prays to His Father in the Garden of Gethsemane, expressing His human desire yet eventually succumbing to God's almighty will. By this act Jesus taught us what it truly means to yield to God's will. To submit to God's will is to acknowledge His sovereignty and to surrender our own desires and plans into His loving hands. It is in this act of surrender that we find liberty and peace, knowing that God's plans for us are always greater than we could ever imagine.

In Mark 14:36, Jesus, facing the approaching agony of the crucifixion, cries out to His Father, "Abba, Father, anything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will." Here, Jesus shows the essence of surrender: admitting His human desires and vulnerabilities while completely yielding to the Father's will. At the heart of surrender is faith—trust that God is good, trust that He loves us unconditionally, and trust that His plans for us are for our good rather than evil, to provide us with a future and hope (Jeremiah 29:11). Surrendering to God's will demands us to lay our worries, anxieties, and desires at the foot of the cross, giving them to His capable hands.

Surrendering to God's will entails letting go of our desire for control. It is a humble recognition that we are not in control of our own destiny, but rather loving children of a heavenly Father who knows what is best for us. Proverbs 3:5-6 buttresses this, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”

Surrendering to God's will isn't always easy; it takes courage, faith, and humility. However, in the act of surrender, we find the tremendous liberation that comes from losing our grip on the things of this world and fully giving ourselves to God. As we follow Jesus' example in Gethsemane, may we also say, "Not my will, but yours be done," and experience the transformative power of surrender in our lives.

*Prayer*
Heavenly Father, I surrender myself to Your will, knowing that You are a loving and gracious God. Help me to let go of my own desires and plans, and to trust completely in Your divine guidance, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

*Declaration*
Today, I declare my commitment to embrace the power of submission in my life, surrendering my will to the Divine Will and trusting in God's perfect plan for me. Amen.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 8:30am On Jun 19

Holyhill Church Abuja.

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, June 19, 2024
*LIVING IN THE LIGHT OF GOD'S TIMELESS LOVE*

*Ecclesiastes 3:11 ESV*
_"He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man's heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end."_

*Psalm 100:5 ESV*
_"For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations."_

Growing up, way before I understood what eternity is and what it means to a believer, I would always panic listening to any song that referenced “is your name in the book of life”. At a point, it was hard to be certain where I would spend my eternity and that bothered me a lot.
I soon understood that those thoughts were not accidental; they were put there by God. The Bible, in Ecclesiastes 3:11, reveals that God has placed a sense of eternity within our hearts—a longing for something lasting that goes beyond the limits of time.

Thinking about eternity prompts us to view our lives from a divine perspective. Psalm 100:5 assures us of God's everlasting love, faithfulness, and goodness. His love isn't bound by time; it endures throughout all generations, stretching into eternity. Eternity isn't just a distant future; it influences our daily lives, or at least it should. It should challenge us to live intentionally, recognising that our actions have a lasting impact. God’s plan is for us all to spend forever in heaven; the choice is now up to you whether or not that plan will come to pass in your life.

Indeed, eternity is not only a distant future, but a present reality that influences the course of our lives. It encourages us to see our existence through the lens of heavenly perspective, encouraging us to live with goal and purpose. Let us be motivated by God's eternal love to live lives of love, faith, and kindness. Let us see each moment as an opportunity to grow in our relationship with Christ, knowing that our actions have an eternal impact on the world around us.

Recognising the eternal significance of our life pushes us to live with aim and purpose. It encourages us to match our priorities with the values of God's kingdom, focusing on His righteousness and investing in things of eternal significance. In doing so, we shift away from the pursuit of transitory pleasures and temporal pursuits, instead opting to build our lives on the solid foundation of God's eternal truths. May our lives on this side of eternity reflect our everlasting love, bringing glory to the One who exists beyond time and space.

*Prayer*
Dear God, thank You for the gift of eternity within me. May I seek Your guidance to live purposefully, understanding the eternal impact of my choices, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

*Declaration*
Today, I choose to live in the light of God's timeless love, allowing it to shape every aspect of my existence. I embrace each moment as an opportunity to cultivate love, faith, and kindness, knowing that these eternal principles have the power to transform lives and impact generations to come.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 8:40am On Jun 20

Holyhill Church Abuja.

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday, June 20, 2024

*EMBRACING YOUR IDENTITY AND AUTHORITY IN CHRIST*

*Genesis 1:26 ESV*
_‘’Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”_

In today's fast-paced world, it's easy to forget who we are and the power we possess as God's children. Yet, as Christians, it is our right and duty to walk in dominion, not by our own strength, but through the power of Christ. God’s declaration in Genesis 1:26 unveils a profound truth about our identity and purpose. We are intentionally created in the likeness of our Creator, not by chance.

Moreover, God entrusts us with dominion over His creation. This dominion is meant to be exercised not with tyranny or exploitation, but with stewardship and care. It is a call to wield authority with wisdom, love, and reverence for God's handiwork. As stewards, we are tasked with nurturing and preserving the earth and all its inhabitants.

Understanding our identity as image-bearers and our authority as stewards empowers us to live purposefully and impactfully. It shapes our perception of ourselves, others, and the world around us. It compels us to walk in humility, recognizing that our authority comes from God and is to be used for His glory.

As a child of God, how can you put this into practice?

Embrace your identity: Recognize that you were made in God's likeness. Accept your inherent value and dignity as His cherished child. Let this identity shape how you view yourself and others.

Exercise authority in humility: Acknowledge the authority God has given you, but remember that true authority is exercised with a servant's heart and humility. Use your influence to empower and uplift others, not to dominate or exploit them.

Walk in dominion: Have confidence in your identity and authority as a child of God. Align your life with God's purposes and work to advance His kingdom on earth.

Understand the realities of spiritual warfare and the challenges we face as we strive to walk in dominion. Remember that we are more than conquerors in Christ and have been given spiritual weapons to demolish strongholds. Reflect on the freedom and assurance we have as God's children, and recognize that living confidently and fearlessly comes from knowing who we are in Christ and our authority. Seek God to help you experience the freedom and confidence that come with being His cherished child and to deepen your understanding of His love.

*Prayer*
Heavenly Father, thank You for creating me in Your image and entrusting me with dominion over Your creation. Help me to embrace my identity as Your child and to exercise my authority with humility and wisdom.

*Declaration*
I am created in the image of God and entrusted with dominion over His creation. I embrace my identity with humility and exercise my authority with wisdom and love.I walk in dominion, advancing His kingdom and glorifying His name.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 8:06am On Jun 21

Holyhill Church Abuja.

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday, June 21, 2024

*HIS ARMS WIDE OPEN*

*Jeremiah 31:3 KJV*
_‘’The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.’’_

*John 3:16 KJV*
_‘’For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.’’_

God's love is incomparable. It is the agape kind of love, the love that has saved us and continues to save us. The Bible tells us that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. God sacrificed His only Son so that He could have us. Jesus, who was sinless, became sin so that we might have fellowship with God. His blood was the price for our redemption. Even while on the cross, Jesus prayed for His persecutors, asking the Father to forgive them because they didn't know what they were doing. What incredible love this is! It's the most powerful display of love. Even if you were the only one who needed saving, Christ would have died for you. He loves us all perfectly, and each of us holds a special place in His heart.

Don't let the Devil tell you otherwise. You are precious to God. You are important to Him, and He loves you deeply. He knows you intimately; He knew you before you were formed and knows the number of hairs on your head. This is how intimately He knows you. He says you are fearfully and wonderfully made, intricately formed by Him in your mother’s womb (Psalm 139:13). He has engraved your name on His palms. This shows how special you are to God. Your presence is always before Him. We are so loved, which is why God went to great lengths to have us. He did not hesitate to sacrifice His Son to build a relationship with us. Behold the manner of love God has for us that we should be called His children. He has adopted us into His family.

Now, the question is, do you know God intimately? Does He hold a special place in your heart? Does your heart beat for Him? Have you forsaken all to follow Him? There is immense joy when we completely yield to God and establish the intimate relationship He desires with us. Nothing compares to the deep love and peace of God that we enjoy when in communion with Him. A central prayer we must hold in our hearts is to understand God’s love for us. When we grasp His love, we can trust Him more easily. We will be able to obey and follow His instructions because we know His thoughts towards us are always good. God always has a better plan for us if we trust in His love. Even when we don't see His hand at work, we must trust His heart.

*Prayer*
Father, give me a revelation of Your love for me and help me walk in this truth in Jesus’ name. Amen.

*Declarations*
I am loved. I am God’s beloved. I am a child of God. I am special. I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 4:43pm On Jun 22
PST. SUNDAY & PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO..

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday, June 22, 2024

*THE POWER OF THE MIND*

*2 Corinthians 10:4 KJV*
_“For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds.”_

*Philippians 4:8 KJV*
_“Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.”_

The mind is our most powerful tool. It has the power to control the way we feel, the way we act, and what we do. Some of us have built-up cases internally against another person because of what we perceive they did. Sadly, sometimes these thoughts and perceptions are assumed, but we believe them and walk in offence towards the person. This means we believe a lie Satan told us about them. But we ought to be careful not to work with Satan’s script. His goal is to destroy us and our relationships. His aim is to sow discord and frustrate us.

We all can relate to how thoughts can totally change our outlook on situations and towards people around us. Sometimes you find yourself in a new place and the devil whispers to you that the people there don’t like you or that you don’t measure up. And if you believe the lies, they affect how you socialise in that environment.

Negative thoughts make us doubt ourselves and lose confidence in our abilities. A study published in the Journal of Clinical Psychology reviewed the effects of worrying and negative thinking on performance. The subjects were required to sort items into two categories. People who reported that they worry 50% of the time or more showed significant disruption to their ability to sort the items as the difficulty of the sorting task increased. This shows that negative and wrong thinking has an immediate destructive impact on our lives. Therefore, the moment you have a negative thought, you must hold it captive and bring it under the authority of Christ.

Our first step to winning in the mind is to determine that we will not allow any outside force to do our thinking; not man, not spirit. There are spiritual laws that demons must obey. For one, they cannot stay where a man does not permit them to stay. Your power is in the name of Jesus, the blood of Jesus, and the Word of God. Ask God to give you discernment to the lies of the devil. That is, the capacity to catch his lies. Then speak against those evil thoughts by binding them in the name of Jesus and forbidding them to stay in or use your mind. Use this prescription regularly to catch the devil’s lies in your mind and you will regain peace and the ability to concentrate and comprehend.

*Prayer*
Father, I bring every negative thought under Christ; I plead the blood of Jesus over my mind in Jesus’ name.

*Declaration*
I have the mind of Christ. I think of things that are true, noble, just, pure, lovely, of good report, of virtue and praiseworthy. I meditate on the things God says about me. I walk in the consciousness of who God says I am, in Jesus’ name.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 12:56pm On Jun 23

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday, June 23, 2024

*MAXIMIZING THE MINISTRY OF THE HOLY SPIRIT*

*Acts 1:8 NIV*
_“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”_

The Holy Spirit is a pivotal figure in the life of every believer, offering empowerment, guidance, and transformation. As we explore the depth of His ministry, we uncover the richness of His presence in our lives, enabling us to fulfill God's purposes with confidence and effectiveness. At the core of the Holy Spirit's ministry is empowerment. Acts 1:8 (NIV) promises that when the Holy Spirit comes upon us, we receive power. This divine empowerment equips us to be effective witnesses for Christ, not only in our immediate surroundings but also to the ends of the earth. The Holy Spirit imparts boldness, wisdom, and spiritual gifts, enabling us to share the gospel boldly and impact lives for eternity.

The Holy Spirit serves as our Guide and Counselor, leading us into all truth. Jesus promised His disciples in John 14:26 (NIV), "But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." Through the Holy Spirit's guidance, we gain deeper insights into God's Word, discern His will for our lives, and navigate life's challenges with wisdom and discernment.

The Holy Spirit brings transformation and renewal to our hearts and minds. Romans 8:11 (NIV) assures us, "And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you." The same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead resides within us, enabling us to live victoriously over sin and to experience spiritual renewal and transformation.

Furthermore, the Holy Spirit fosters intimacy and communion with God. Galatians 4:6 (NIV) declares, "Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, 'Abba, Father.'" Through the Holy Spirit, we experience a deepening relationship with God as our Father, crying out to Him with the affectionate term "Abba," signifying a close and intimate bond.

The ministry of the Holy Spirit is indispensable to the life of every believer. He empowers us for ministry, guides us into truth, transforms our hearts, and fosters intimacy with God. As we maximize His ministry in our lives, we are equipped to fulfill God's purposes with boldness, wisdom, and effectiveness. Let us continually yield to the leading of the Holy Spirit, allowing Him to work in and through us for the glory of God's kingdom.

*Prayer*
Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit who empowers, guides, and transforms me. Help me to maximize His ministry in my life, yielding to His leading and fulfilling Your purposes with boldness and effectiveness. Amen.

*Declaration*
In the name of Jesus, I declare that I am empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill God's purposes and to be a witness for Christ to the ends of the earth.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 7:18am On Jun 24
PST. SUNDAY & PST CHAKOR OGIDIGBO.

Holyhill Church

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday, June 24, 2024

*THE LANGUAGE OF THE SPIRIT*

*1 Corinthians 14:2 NKJV*
_‘’For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.’’_

As Believers, God has blessed us with a powerful prayer language. He gave us the advantage of speaking with new tongues, which is given to all Believers, not reserved only for a selected few. Before Jesus ascended to heaven, He told His disciples to wait in Jerusalem to be filled with the Spirit. So, every Believer ought to be filled with the Holy Spirit, and speaking in tongues is the initial evidence of the infilling of the Holy Spirit. It is an integral part of the Believer’s devotional life. It is an important gift every Believer must operate in order to have an active prayer life. However, being filled with the Spirit is not automatic; you have to desire it and receive it by faith.

In writing to the Church at Corinth, Paul specifically encouraged Christians to follow the practice of speaking with tongues in their private prayer lives. There are several reasons a Believer should speak in tongues. There is the devotional use of tongues. 1 Corinthians 14:2 says, “For He who speaks in a tongue addresses God, not man; no one understands him; he is talking of divine secrets in the Spirit.” Paul is talking about the Believer employing the use of tongues in his prayer life.

Through speaking in tongues, you can pray out the plan of God for your life by the power of the Holy Spirit. Tongues are also used as a means of spiritual edification. 1 Corinthians 14:4 says, “He that speaks in an unknown tongue edifies himself.” However, it is not mental edification, it is spiritual edification. Verse 14 says “My spirit by the Holy Spirit within me prays but my mind is unproductive”. Also, tongues are used in our worship and devotion to God. In Acts 10:46, the Bible says concerning Cornelius and his household when they began to speak with tongues, “They heard them speak with tongues and magnify God.” Speaking with tongues is a supernatural way to magnify God.

Speaking with tongues is the doorway into all the other spiritual gifts. Some people want to experience all the gifts of the Spirit at once, but you have to go through the door to get into the supernatural. Moreover, it is as the Spirit wills, not as we will. You can’t force or put on a manifestation of the gifts of the Spirit. Everyone who operates in the other gifts of the Spirit such as healings, working of miracles, interpretation of tongues, discerning of spirits, word of knowledge, word of wisdom, gift of prophecy, gift of faith has already been filled with the evidence of speaking in tongues. God has given us this language to help us when we are praying. The Holy Spirit prays the perfect will of God for us. There is no active Christian life without us operating in this gift of speaking in tongues. It did not pass with the apostles or early church; it is still very much for us Believers now.

*Prayer*
Father, thank You for the gift of the Holy Spirit. Fill me with Your Spirit to the overflowing. Fill me afresh and I receive a new tongue in Jesus’ name. Amen.

*Declaration*
I am filled with the Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit is my helper. I am consumed with the fire of the Spirit. I have a sweet fellowship with the Holy Spirit. I am sensitive to the Holy Spirit in Jesus’ name.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 8:01am On Jun 25

Holyhill Church Abuja.

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday, June 25, 2024

*THE POWER OF MORNING DEVOTION: NURTURING YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD*

*Psalm 5:3 NIV*
_"In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly."_

It's easy to become engrossed in the mess of our daily lives and lose sight of what is actually important. In the midst of the chaos, finding a moment of serenity and connection becomes critical. This is where morning devotion comes in—a hallowed time set apart to communicate with God, think, pray, and strengthen our connection with God.

Morning devotion is more than just a routine or a habit; it's a sacred practice that sets the tone for the rest of your day. It's a time when you intentionally carve out space for God amidst the busyness of life. It's about pausing, listening, and opening your heart to the presence of God.

Before you begin your morning devotion, it's helpful to create a sacred space—a quiet corner of your home where you can retreat and be alone with God. This space doesn't need to be elaborate; it could be a cozy chair, a cushion, a carpet on the floor, or simply a quiet spot in your room. What matters most is that it's a place where you feel comfortable and undisturbed.

In a world full of noise, stillness is a valuable gift. Morning devotion allows us to embrace solitude and stillness—to quiet our minds and listen for God's words. In this hallowed solitude, we can hear God's voice whispering to our hearts, guiding, soothing, and bringing us peace.

Prayer is the language of the soul, allowing us to communicate directly with God. During your morning devotion, take time to pray—express thanks, pour out your heart, share your anxieties and concerns, and seek guidance. Prayer is more than just asking for things; it is also about developing a relationship with God, deepening that connection, and aligning your will with His.

Reflection is another important part of morning devotion. Take time to contemplate on scripture, examine the mysteries of faith, and consider your own life journey. Allow God to speak to you through scripture and listen with an open heart for the knowledge that emerges.

Gratitude is the key that opens the door to prosperity and happiness. During your morning meditation, take time to list your blessings and recognize the numerous gifts that God has bestowed upon you. Cultivating a grateful attitude enables your heart to receive additional benefits and improves your appreciation for life's abundance.

*Prayer*
Dear God, as I awaken to a new day, I invite Your presence to fill my heart and mind. Let everyday be a time of deep communion with You, as I lay my requests before You and wait expectantly for Your guidance. Amen.

*Declaration*
Today, I declare my commitment to embrace the significance of talking to God and building a relationship with Him. I will prioritize this sacred time of communion with God, knowing that in His presence I find strength, guidance, and peace for the day ahead.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 9:13am On Jun 26

Holyhill Church Abuja.

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, June 26, 2024

*LED BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD*

*Psalm 119:105 ESV*
_"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."_

*Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV*
_Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."_

I remember when God told me it was time to start HolyHill Church. Wow! It wasn’t the most convenient time. I was engulfed in a political campaign that could potentially change my life. The trajectory of my life, or what I thought it was going to be, was halted almost instantly. But then, even though it didn’t seem like the perfect time, I had begun recognising the voice of God a long time ago and was sure it was God speaking to me.

What do you do when you are super sure God is speaking? You obey; because to do otherwise is too risky. I could obey fully because I knew then, like I know now, that God’s divine direction for my life is the only direction that would ever make any sense. Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) says, "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Why then would I worry about letting go of the reins of my life and handing it fully to God?

Consider the story of Abraham, called by God to leave his homeland and embark on a journey to an unknown destination. Despite the uncertainty and the seemingly illogical nature of God's command, Abraham chose to obey. His obedience paved the way for God's divine direction to unfold, leading to blessings beyond measure. Similarly, in our own lives, God may call us to step out in faith, even when the circumstances seem unfavorable or the timing appears inconvenient. It's in these moments of surrender that we position ourselves to experience the fullness of God's divine direction.

Divine direction is not always about clarity of vision but about trust in the One who holds our future. It's about relinquishing control and allowing God to lead us step by step, even when the path ahead seems obscured by darkness. Our faith teaches us that in seeking divine direction, we find a guiding light. Psalm 119:105 assures us that God's Word illuminates our path, providing clarity in times of uncertainty. Proverbs 3:5-6 encourages us to trust in the Lord wholeheartedly, recognizing that His wisdom surpasses our understanding. Divine direction involves acknowledging God in all aspects of our lives, allowing Him to straighten our paths and guide our steps.

Embracing divine direction requires surrendering our plans to God. It's a conscious choice to align our desires with His purpose, understanding that His ways are higher than ours. As we yield to His guidance, we experience the peace that comes from trusting the divine plan. Divine direction often comes through obedience to God's Word. By aligning our actions with His teachings, we position ourselves to receive His guidance. Obedience opens the door to a closer walk with God and a clearer understanding of His divine direction.

*Prayer*
O God, I come before You seeking Your guidance. I ask for discernment and wisdom to recognize Your divine direction and to trust Your leadership, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

*Declaration*
I choose to trust wholeheartedly in the Lord, acknowledging His sovereignty over my life. With every step I take, I affirm that His Word is a lamp to my feet, illuminating the path before me and guiding my way forward.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 8:50am On Jun 27

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday, June 27, 2024

*FIXING OUR EYES ON JESUS*

*2 Corinthians 4:16-18 ESV‬*
_“So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.”_

Life can sometimes bring suffering, anguish, and uncertainty. Nevertheless, in 2 Corinthians 4:16–18, the apostle Paul encourages us not to lose hope amid difficulties. He urges us to focus on Jesus, who is our source of strength and hope, reminding us that despite external deterioration and temporary misfortunes, God's unchanging grace is always renewing our inner selves.

Life often presents us with challenges like relationship problems, health issues, and financial struggles, all threatening our optimism. However, Paul advises us to hold on to wisdom. He offers hope by saying that the eternal glory awaiting us makes our current pains insignificant by comparison.

This enduring vision has the power to transform us, It helps us see beyond present difficulties and focus on Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith. In Him, we find an unwavering nature, limitless love, and absolute authority over everything.

But how can we keep our eyes fixed on Jesus amidst life's chaos? It starts with a shift in perspective, a deliberate choice to prioritize the invisible realities of God's kingdom over the visible distractions of this world. It involves immersing ourselves in His Word, cultivating a prayer life, and surrounding ourselves with fellow believers who constantly remind us of Christ.

When we keep our eyes on Jesus, our problems gain new meaning. We start to see them as opportunities for growth and transformation rather than obstacles to overcome. We recognize that despite our suffering, God is at work, creating a beautiful picture of redemption and restoration.

*Prayer*
God, I am grateful for the reminder to focus on Jesus. Help me to shift my attention from the temporary to the eternal, trusting in Your promises even in the most hopeless situations.

*Declaration*
Today, I choose to fix my eyes on Jesus, the source of my hope and strength. I will not be swayed by life's storms, for I know that God is with me, working all things together for my good. I declare that His promises are true, and His faithfulness endures forever.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 7:40am On Jun 28

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday, June 28, 2024

*WISDOM FOR EVERYDAY LIFE*

*Psalm 68:19 KJV*
_‘’Blessed be the Lord, who daily loads us with benefits, the God of our salvation!”_

*Mathew 6:34 KJV*
_‘’Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.’’_

Every day, God grants us the chance to start anew, offering fresh mercies, wisdom, and countless blessings. The Bible assures us that God daily fills our lives with benefits, the foremost being the gift of the day itself. Each day is endowed with enough anointing to confront any challenges it brings, as Jesus said, “sufficient for the day is the evil thereof.” You need not worry about potential problems or negative events each day may hold. Remember, God has entrusted His angels to watch over you, ensuring His protection and guidance.

One significant benefit is the gift of sound speech. The Bible states, “day to day utters speech.” There are vital messages you must hear daily, words prepared by God to provide the wisdom, faith, strength, and grace needed for each day. The Holy Spirit is the foremost counselor, delivering God's fresh Word to us.

Stay attentive to the Spirit’s voice. Your pastor’s teachings, accessed through daily messages, are crucial, along with those from other anointed ministers who speak into your life. Gather counselors whose words bring knowledge, processed during the night to form the foundation of your life and unlock God’s wisdom for your current season.

Another crucial daily gift is the time itself. Each day presents 24 hours to begin anew and invest wisely. Every hour is precious; what you fill it with determines your future. Time can be transformed into wisdom, strength, or anointing. Use today wisely by establishing a routine and avoiding laziness. With God on your side, the future promises great success and prosperity for those who seize each day’s opportunities.

Embrace today and strive for success.

*Prayer*
Father, teach me to number my days, that I may apply my heart to wisdom, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

*Declaration*
In the name of Jesus, I am awake and alert. I know what to do today, and I make the most of every opportunity. No evil shall befall me, no plague shall come near my dwelling. I recover lost ground, am guided to solid relationships, and receive wisdom from God for today.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 10:23am On Jul 01
PST. SUNDAY & PST.CHAKOR OGIDIGBO.

Holyhill Church Abuja.

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday, July 1, 2024

*Laying Up Gold as Dust*

*Job 22:21-25 KJV*
_Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee. Receive, I pray thee, the law from his mouth, and lay up his words in thine heart. If thou return to the Almighty, thou shalt be built up, thou shalt put away iniquity far from thy tabernacles. Then shalt thou lay up gold as dust, and the gold of Ophir as the stones of the brooks. Yea, the Almighty shall be thy defence, and thou shalt have plenty of silver._

Welcome to the glorious month of July! Thank God that we've seen the end of the first half of the year and we are alive to partake of the second half. I have no doubt that God is set to do new, massive things in our lives, particularly in our finances. As the economy of the world is in a state of uncertainty, God is set to move mightily in the lives of His people, to bring us the place of wealth, uncommon prosperity and uncommon financial increase. We are coming to that season where resources will begin to flow to us from the North, South, East and West. God is going to open to us His good treasures and cause us to have access to the hidden wealth of secret places.

For us to break into this reality, particularly in this second half of the year, we need to do a few things. Top on the list is to "Acquaint now thyself with the Lord." That is, you have to be current and up-to-date in your relationship with God. To be on the same page with Him and ensure that your antenna is alert to receive very clear signals from heaven.

Secondly, you have to pursue peace with all men, ensuring that there is no strife, bitterness or malice in your heart towards anyone. In walking with God, you must ensure that you’re at peace with all men around you. So, once you know God and are at peace with all men, prosperity, good, and financial open doors will continually come to you.

Also, you must ensure that you put the Word of God concerning your financial prosperity and increase in your mouth. You must meditate on the Word day and night. Remember, the Word in your mouth is what frames your world and adjusts circumstances in your favour. Then, from your mouth you plant the Word inside your heart. That is because the prosperity we're talking about here is both Word-based and Word-driven. Therefore, after putting the Word in your mouth (through confessions of faith) and in your heart (by believing it), then you stay in the place of prayer. You pray in the Spirit to build yourself up (spiritual capacity) and pray out God’s will for your prosperity.

Next, in addition to these, you must keep sin very far from you. Make sure that there is no sin in your heart, imagination, or body. You must disengage from anything that defiles and maintain yourself in sanctification. When you do these, then you will lay of gold as dust, as God has promised.

A lot of times we want the experience of laying up gold as dust, but we're unwilling to fulfil the conditions that will make that happen for us. But once you do, as stated above, God Himself ensures that the prosperity you are gaining is well guarded. Because once you begin to prosper, you need to increase your security. So, God will be your prosperity and your security at the same time.

Get ready for massive financial increase and overflow. God has decreed it, and I will see you at the end of the year with your testimony of greatness and uncommon financial explosion. God bless you!

*Prayer*
Father God, grant me grace and help me to effectively walk with You in this season.

*Declaration*
I decree and declare, July 2024 opens to me in glory, splendor and uncommon grace. I begin to lay up gold as dust like never before. I begin to experience financial increase in Jesus’ mighty name! Amen.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 9:17am On Jul 02

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday, July 2, 2024

*EXPERIENCING GOD'S UNCONDITIONAL LOVE*

*Romans 8:38-39 NIV*
_For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord._

In a world where love often comes with conditions and expectations, understanding unconditional love can be tough. But the Bible shows us a clear picture of God's unwavering love for everyone. God's love is a beacon of hope and acceptance, different from the conditional love we often experience.

In the parable of the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32), a young man asks for his share of his father's estate and wastes it on a wild lifestyle. When he hits rock bottom, he decides to go back home, expecting to be treated as a servant. Instead, his father sees him from a distance, runs to him, and welcomes him back with open arms, even throwing a big celebration. This story shows how God loves us no matter how far we stray.

The Apostle Paul talks about God's unwavering love in Romans 8:31-39. He asks, "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble, or hardship, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or danger, or sword?" Paul answers with a clear "no," assuring us that nothing can separate us from God's love. He emphasizes that neither death nor life, angels nor demons, the present nor the future, nor any powers, height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation can separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Another powerful example of God's love is the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. John 3:16 says, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." This verse shows the incredible extent of God's love, as He gave His only Son to save us. This ultimate act of sacrifice wasn't because we deserved it, but because of God's boundless love for us.

God's love is different from human love. It doesn't have limits and can't be lost. It's always there, giving us strength and comfort, especially in tough times. Unlike human love, which often has limits and conditions, God's love is constant and unending. It is not something we can earn through our actions, nor can we lose it through our failures. God's love is a steadfast presence in our lives, providing strength and comfort even in our darkest moments. It is a love that endures all things and remains ever-present, offering us hope and reassurance no matter what we face.

While we can always count on God's unconditional love, we also have a responsibility to live in a way that honors Him. Our response to His love should be gratitude, obedience, and a desire to share this incredible love with others. By doing so, we not only honor God but also help to spread His message of hope and acceptance to those who may not yet know Him.

*Prayer*
Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for Your unwavering love for me. Help me to open my heart to receive Your love more fully and share it with others. Amen.

*Declaration*
I experience God's love. I am loved by God, and I radiate the love of God to my world.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 9:15am On Jul 03

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, July 3, 2024

*THE POWER OF TRUE FRIENDSHIP*

*Proverbs 18:24 KJV*
_A man that has friends must shew himself friendly and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother._

Friendship is the vessel in which we journey through the waters of life. Although ‘friendship’ is a commonly used word, it is often misunderstood and misused. True friendship requires knowledge and understanding. It is not just about having relationships but also about recognizing the purpose and power within those connections. Without friendship, navigating the human experience becomes difficult. Life is like an invisible sea that we are all called to traverse, and friendships are essential for a successful journey.

However, some friendships can be detrimental to our destiny. One bad friend can be enough to ruin a life. The friendships we choose determine the direction our lives take. Our progress and safety are influenced by these relationships; some friendships lead to success, while others lead to downfall. God has given us the potential to reach great heights, but negative friendships can hold us back.

We are all works in progress, and our friends don't have to be perfect, but our friendships should help us grow and move forward. In Mark 2:3-5 (KJV), we see the story of the paralyzed man who had friends full of faith and wisdom. Despite the crowded house, they found a way to bring their friend to Jesus by lowering him through the roof. Their determination and faith led to his healing. This story shows the importance of having supportive, godly friends. Proverbs 18:24 (KJV) says, "A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother."

The saying "Show me your friend and I will tell you who you are" holds true. Choosing friends wisely is one of the most important decisions we can make. Here are some key considerations about friendship:

Friendship Begins at Home: Matthew 10:36 reminds us not to fight against our family members. Satan's agenda is to create division among families, but Jesus' teachings encourage us to maintain strong, loving relationships within our families to counteract this.
Be Friendly: Proverbs 18:24 (KJV) warns against being disconnected from people. We must be friendly both at home and outside. Our attitude shapes the quality of our friendships.

Have a Pleasant and Kind-Hearted Attitude: Being friendly means being kind-hearted and pleasant. Our disposition towards others should be genuine and come from the heart. When both parties in a friendship exhibit this attitude, the relationship becomes truly amazing.

Friendship is a crucial aspect of our interactions with others and our survival in this world. Understanding the importance of friendship can lead to a more successful and fulfilling life. Always be mindful of who you choose as friends, remembering that friendship is the ship in which we journey through the waters of life.

*Prayer*
Father, help me to choose my friends wisely. Open my eyes to understand Your wisdom in friendship and may it be those that align to my glorious destiny in Christ Jesus.

*Declaration*
I receive wisdom to choose my friends. I attract positive people and godly friendships.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 8:16am On Jul 04

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday, July 4, 2024

*THE SPOKEN WORD*

*Numbers 14:28 KJV*
_Say unto them, As truly as I live, saith the Lord, as ye have spoken in mine ears, so will I do to you._

The preceding verse to our Bible reading above revealed that the Israelites were constantly murmuring against God and He was fed up of hearing their constant complaints and murmurings. They were so blind to the goodness of the Lord that they fell into the trap of ungratefulness. They had forgotten about the way God delivered them from the hands of Pharaoh. They even desired to go back to bondage; they desired the leeks, cucumbers and onions they enjoyed in Egypt, so they murmured against God and Moses.

Their story applies to most of us today. Like them, we have started speaking evil against God. We have gotten into complaining and murmuring. We have forgotten about the much deliverances God has brought us through that we despise our present realities.

Some of us desire to go back home to our parents so we don't have to pay rent or buy food or pay electricity bills. Nobody can grow well in the place of comfort; we are to turn our present challenges to opportunities to grow our faith. We are expected to call forth those things that are not as though they were. We must seize challenges and make testimonies come out of them. To do this, allow God to display His goodness again in your life by using your past as a tool for further glorious testimonies and display of God's goodness. Instead of murmuring, therefore, speak the Word. Say ‘I have all things’. Say ‘God has provided for me according to His riches in glory’. Say to that business, ‘You prosper’. Speak to your hands; speak God's words over your life.

Curse that growth in your body; don't wallow in pity over challenges in your life, just speak to it. Mark 11:23 says, “...that whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith”. The only people that will enjoy their walk with God are the believers. We are called believers because we believe. We don’t only believe what we hear, we believe that what we say according to the Word of God is done, and our God does what He hears us say.

*Prayer*
Father, thank You for the ability to speak the right words. Thank You for revealing in Your Word the things I should speak. Father, help me to always speak life giving words in Jesus’ name. Amen.

*Declaration*
My words are spirit and life because I speak the words of God. My words bring life to every dead situation. My words are filled with grace and wisdom. My words are seasoned with salt and encourage the hearts of many. I receive boldness to speak the truth to myself and to the world.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 8:07am On Jul 05

Holyhill Church Abuja.

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday, July 5, 2024

*RIGHTEOUS ANGER VS. SINFUL RAGE*

*Ephesians 4:26-27 NIV*
_In your anger do not sin: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold.

Anger is a potent emotion that every human experiences, but how we handle it can lead us down vastly different paths. The Bible provides profound insights into the nature of anger, distinguishing between righteous anger, which reflects God's character, and sinful rage, which can lead to destruction and estrangement from Him.

Righteous anger is an emotion rooted in a deep sense of justice and love for God's holiness. It arises in response to sin, injustice, and wrongdoing. The Bible offers several examples where God Himself displays righteous anger: "Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. 'It is written,' He said to them, 'My house will be called a house of prayer,' but you are making it 'a den of robbers.'" (Matt. 21:12-13 NIV).

Here, Jesus' anger was directed at the corruption and commercialisation of the temple, a place meant for worship and prayer. His response was neither selfish nor out of control; it was a measured act to restore the sanctity of God's house. This type of anger aligns with God's desire for justice and righteousness.

In contrast, sinful rage is an expression of anger that is self-centered, uncontrolled, and destructive. It often stems from personal affronts, pride, or a desire for revenge. James 1:19-20 warns us about the dangers of such anger:

"My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires." Sinful rage leads to words and actions that harm relationships and dishonour God.

Practical Steps to Eschew Anger
As Christians, we are called to reflect Christ in our responses, including how we handle anger. Here are some practical steps to managing anger:

Self-Examination: Reflect on the source of your anger. Is it rooted in a desire for justice or personal offense? Psalm 4:4 advises, "In your anger do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent."

Pursue Reconciliation: Aim to resolve conflicts and seek peace. Ephesians 4:26-27 says, "In your anger do not sin: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold."

Model Forgiveness: Follow Christ's example of forgiveness. Colossians 3:13 reminds us to "Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you."

In conclusion, Anger in itself is not sinful; it is a natural human emotion. However, how we respond to it determines whether it leads to righteousness or sin. By aligning our responses with biblical principles, we can navigate anger in a way that upholds justice, fosters peace, and honoUrs God.

*Prayer*
Oh Lord, I receive strength and wisdom today to overcome every spirit of anger/rage in Jesus' name, Amen.

*Declaration*
I am full of the Holy Spirit. I am quick to forgive. I am slow to anger. I walk in grace, in Jesus' name, Amen.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 9:02am On Jul 07

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday, July 7, 2024

*WORSHIP AS A WEAPON FOR BREAKTHROUGH*

*Acts 16:25-26 NKJV*
_But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone's chains were loosed._

Life can be incredibly challenging sometimes. We all face moments of pain, doubt, and difficulty. It’s in these moments that worship can become a powerful weapon for breakthrough. Acts 16:25-26 tells the incredible story of Paul and Silas, who used worship to overcome a dark hour.

Paul and Silas were imprisoned for preaching the gospel. They were beaten and thrown into the deepest part of the prison, and their feet fastened in stocks. It would have been easy for them to give in to despair, but instead, they chose to worship God. At midnight, in their darkest moment, they prayed and sang hymns to God.

Their worship was not quiet or hidden. The other prisoners were listening to them. Paul and Silas’s worship was a bold declaration of their faith in God, even when they were in a tough situation. Their situation did not change their perception of God’s goodness. They knew that God was worthy of their praise, no matter their circumstances. And as they worshiped, something miraculous happened. A great earthquake shook the prison, opened all the doors and loosened everyone’s chains, including the other prisoners who were mere spectators. Their worship brought a supernatural breakthrough to everyone.

This story teaches us that worship is a powerful weapon, especially when we are in difficult situations. Worship shifts our focus from our problems to God’s power and presence. It invites God into our circumstances and opens the door for His intervention.

Worship is more than singing songs; it’s an act of faith and trust in God. When we worship in tough times, we declare that our God is bigger than our problems. Our praise invites God to intervene in our circumstances. And so, like Paul and Silas, our worship leads to supernatural breakthroughs.

In our darkest moments, we have a choice. We can focus on our problems or lift our eyes to God in worship. But when we choose to worship and praise Him, we shift the atmosphere. Our faith rises and we create space for God to move powerfully in our lives.

Nevertheless, worshiping God when things are tough isn’t always easy, but it’s always powerful. It is a declaration that our faith is in God, not our circumstances. It is a reminder that God is with us, even in the darkest valley. And it’s an invitation for God’s power to break through and bring us victory.

*Prayer*
Lord, thank You for the example of Paul and Silas. Help me to remember their lesson when I face tough times. Teach me to worship You with all my heart, no matter what I’m going through. Strengthen my faith and let my worship be a testimony of Your goodness and power, in Jesus’ name.

*Declaration*
I declare that God’s power is greater than any struggle I face. As I worship, I believe that God is moving on my behalf. My praise is a weapon, and through it I will see miracles, breakthroughs, and the loosening of every chain. God is with me, and He is for me.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 7:35am On Jul 08

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday, July 8, 2024

*FAITHFULNESS IN OUR WALK WITH GOD*

*Hebrews 10:23 KJV*
_“Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised; ) .”

*Proverbs 28:20 KJV*
_“A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent.”_

Our God is an ever-faithful and loving Father, always there to guide, protect, and save us, even from ourselves. As children of God, we too need to be a people of faithfulness. We must be faithful in our relationship and service to God, and in performing our priestly duties on earth. Faithfulness is one of the characteristics of God's ethical nature, and as His children, we must also possess this attribute. When God is faithful to us, He cares for us, leads us, and loves us. When we’re faithful to God, it means that we trust He will care for us, we follow where He leads, and we love Him in return. Being faithful also means that there will be evidence of our faith in God. A faithful Christian will often produce fruit.

Our faithfulness to God means trusting in Him and loving Him through all circumstances. It means following His commandments even when we’d rather choose a different path. Faithfulness does not mean that we will be perfect. It does not mean that we won’t struggle or make poor decisions. It means that we will continue to trust in God and try to follow His commandments, even when life seems difficult. God knows our capabilities. He knows that we’re not all given the same talents and opportunities. He doesn’t expect the same results from all of us. He just wants us to do something good with the talents and resources we are given. He also wants us to do more than bury our talents in the ground.

In the parable of the talents, Jesus says: “He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much.” Luke 16:10 (KJV). Faithfulness is a fruit of the Spirit that every believer must produce. The good news is we don’t have to produce this faithfulness alone. God promises to give us strength when we need it. If you’re feeling faint, tired, or weary, know that God is there to help.

Faithfulness helps our spiritual walk and helps us grow in God and remain strong. Faithfulness is also a key that opens the door of multiplication and increase for believers. But before you are given access to the bountiful harvest, you must first be recognized as a good and faithful servant of the Lord.

Let us strive to be faithful in all things, trusting that God will strengthen us and reward our faithfulness. In doing so, we honor Him and fulfill our divine purpose.

*Prayer*
God, help me to be faithful and committed to you. Help me to be faithful to all that you have placed in my care.

*Declaration*
In the name of Jesus, I declare that I am a faithful and committed child of God, I do not bury the gifts of God in my life, I receive grace to bear fruit and increase the gift of God given to me in Jesus’ name, Amen.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 9:16am On Jul 09

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday, July 9, 2024

*THE SPIRIT OF GENTLENESS*

*Galatians 5:22-23 NIV*
_But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, Gentleness, Self Control: against such there is no law._

In our busy world, full of loud voices and strong opinions, gentleness can seem out of place. Yet, the Bible says gentleness is a key fruit of the Holy Spirit, bringing great power and benefit to our lives. People often mistake gentleness for weakness, but it's not about being passive or timid. The Greek word for gentleness in the Bible, "praotēs," means inner strength under control, a firmness softened with kindness and patience. Think of a powerful river flowing peacefully yet with unstoppable force.

Jesus showed us what gentleness looks like. In Matthew 11:29 (NIV), He says, "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Despite His great power, Jesus treated everyone with kindness and compassion. He healed the sick, forgave sinners, and taught with a gentleness that drew people to Him.

Another example is the story of the woman caught in adultery in John 8:3-11 (NIV). The religious leaders brought her to Jesus, demanding her punishment. Jesus responded, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." This gentle yet firm response stopped their accusations. He didn’t excuse her actions but offered her a chance to change. Jesus’ gentleness wasn’t weakness; it came from His strong love and understanding.

Gentleness helps us build trust and understanding with others. It lets us listen carefully, respond with empathy, and handle conflicts gracefully. It also brings more peace into our lives. Gentleness calms our inner turmoil and promotes peace around us. It helps us approach challenges with patience and see the good in others.

Gentleness reflects God's character. God is described as gentle and compassionate. Psalm 86:5 (NIV) says, "You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you." By being gentle, we become more like God and grow closer to Him.

We can’t create gentleness on our own. It’s a gift from God, developed by the Holy Spirit within us. So, ask God to fill you with His gentleness and help you respond to situations with kindness and patience. Being gentle often means holding back anger or frustration. Ask for God's strength to control your reactions and respond with grace, trying to see things from others' viewpoints. This can help you approach interactions more gently.

Remember, gentleness is not weakness. It’s a powerful fruit of the Spirit, showing inner strength, compassion, and love. By following Jesus' example and other biblical figures, practising gentleness in our daily lives, and relying on the Holy Spirit, we can grow this beautiful fruit and see its positive effects on our relationships, inner peace, and walk with God. As the Holy Spirit develops gentleness in us, we become more like Christ, the ultimate example of gentle strength.

*Prayer*
Holy Spirit, help me show this fruit of the Spirit in my daily life. Fill me with gentleness, guide my responses, and help me see things from others' viewpoints. Strengthen me to control my reactions and bring peace to my surroundings.

*Declaration*
I am yielded to the Spirit of God and nurtured by the Holy Spirit from within.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 8:41am On Jul 10

Holyhill Church Abuja.

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday, July 9, 2024

*THE SPIRIT OF GENTLENESS*

*Galatians 5:22-23 NIV*
_But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, Gentleness, Self Control: against such there is no law._

In our busy world, full of loud voices and strong opinions, gentleness can seem out of place. Yet, the Bible says gentleness is a key fruit of the Holy Spirit, bringing great power and benefit to our lives. People often mistake gentleness for weakness, but it's not about being passive or timid. The Greek word for gentleness in the Bible, "praotēs," means inner strength under control, a firmness softened with kindness and patience. Think of a powerful river flowing peacefully yet with unstoppable force.

Jesus showed us what gentleness looks like. In Matthew 11:29 (NIV), He says, "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Despite His great power, Jesus treated everyone with kindness and compassion. He healed the sick, forgave sinners, and taught with a gentleness that drew people to Him.

Another example is the story of the woman caught in adultery in John 8:3-11 (NIV). The religious leaders brought her to Jesus, demanding her punishment. Jesus responded, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." This gentle yet firm response stopped their accusations. He didn’t excuse her actions but offered her a chance to change. Jesus’ gentleness wasn’t weakness; it came from His strong love and understanding.

Gentleness helps us build trust and understanding with others. It lets us listen carefully, respond with empathy, and handle conflicts gracefully. It also brings more peace into our lives. Gentleness calms our inner turmoil and promotes peace around us. It helps us approach challenges with patience and see the good in others.

Gentleness reflects God's character. God is described as gentle and compassionate. Psalm 86:5 (NIV) says, "You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you." By being gentle, we become more like God and grow closer to Him.

We can’t create gentleness on our own. It’s a gift from God, developed by the Holy Spirit within us. So, ask God to fill you with His gentleness and help you respond to situations with kindness and patience. Being gentle often means holding back anger or frustration. Ask for God's strength to control your reactions and respond with grace, trying to see things from others' viewpoints. This can help you approach interactions more gently.

Remember, gentleness is not weakness. It’s a powerful fruit of the Spirit, showing inner strength, compassion, and love. By following Jesus' example and other biblical figures, practising gentleness in our daily lives, and relying on the Holy Spirit, we can grow this beautiful fruit and see its positive effects on our relationships, inner peace, and walk with God. As the Holy Spirit develops gentleness in us, we become more like Christ, the ultimate example of gentle strength.

*Prayer*
Holy Spirit, help me show this fruit of the Spirit in my daily life. Fill me with gentleness, guide my responses, and help me see things from others' viewpoints. Strengthen me to control my reactions and bring peace to my surroundings.

*Declaration*
I am yielded to the Spirit of God and nurtured by the Holy Spirit from within.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 8:52am On Jul 10

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, July 10, 2024

*THE POWER OF GRATITUDE IN A CHRISTIAN'S LIFE*

*Mark 6:41 KJV*
_And when he had taken the five loaves and the two fishes, He looked up to Heaven, and blessed and brake the loaves and gave them to his disciples to set before them; and the two fishes divided he among them all._

The attitude of gratitude is essential in the character of a Christian. We should never consider ourselves too important to give thanks. Jesus, during His time on earth, consistently demonstrated the beauty of giving thanks. He taught His disciples and all who listened about the importance of gratitude in all circumstances. David is a prime example of expressing gratitude. In the book of Psalms, he constantly gave thanks to God for everything He did. David’s practice of gratitude is one reason he is described as a man after God’s own heart. Gratitude opens doors and activates God’s presence in our lives.

In Luke 17:12-19, we read the story of the ten lepers. Jesus healed them, but only one returned to give thanks. Jesus did not demand gratitude, as He gave glory to God for the healing. However, the one who returned to thank Jesus received complete healing and wholeness. This story teaches us that gratitude brings total redemption and freedom. Another powerful example is the story of the five loaves and two fishes. Jesus gave thanks to God before distributing the food to the crowd of 5,000 men, not counting women and children. His act of gratitude led to a miraculous multiplication, demonstrating the power of giving thanks.

Jesus emphasized the importance of gratitude because He knew it was the key to answered prayers and multiplication. Gratitude heals us, makes us whole, sets us apart, and brings favor. It activates answers to prayers and brings abundance into the life of a Christian. Gratitude must be genuine and heartfelt, not done grudgingly. It is an expression of deep appreciation. When we give thanks sincerely, we receive more blessings from God and favor from people.

In Luke 7:38, a woman who was despised for her sins showed profound gratitude by washing Jesus’ feet with her tears and drying them with her hair. Her act of gratitude was accepted by Jesus, and her name is remembered in history. Every heartfelt thanksgiving is acceptable to God. A person with a grateful heart is a blessed person. As children of the Kingdom of God, we must embody the spirit of gratitude. It is a Christ-like behavior and should not be reserved for special occasions but practiced at all times. No act of kindness is too small to acknowledge with gratitude.

Gratitude is a powerful antidote to negativity. It can dispel feelings of envy, resentment, and bitterness. When we focus on what we have rather than what we lack, we become more content and less likely to compare ourselves to others. This contentment breeds joy and peace, aligning us with God’s will for our lives.

Practicing gratitude also keeps us humble. Recognising that every good gift comes from God reminds us of our dependence on Him. It prevents us from becoming prideful and keeps our hearts aligned with His purposes.

*Prayer*
Father, give me the spirit of gratitude. May I never belittle anything You do for me. Amen.

*Declaration*
I have a heart of gratitude. I declare that I will cultivate a heart of gratitude. I will not consider myself too important to give thanks.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by J0HNNY(m): 2:40pm On Jul 10
Noted
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 8:15am On Jul 11

Holyhill Church Abuja.

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday, July 11, 2024

*Accessing Divine Wisdom through Meditation!*

*Mark 6:2 KJV*
_… What wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands._

According to scriptures, the wisdom of God expresses itself in mighty words and works. For instance, Jesus exemplified divine wisdom as He taught in the synagogue. The scripture above recounts that the people were utterly astonished, as they listened to Him.

The Bible recognises four kinds of wisdom: Earthly, sensual, devilish, and the wisdom from above. Earthly wisdom is natural wisdom, and it is instinctive. Sensual wisdom, which is acquired through intellectual training, enhances our social status. Devilish wisdom, on the other hand, is destructive; which is what magicians, witches, wizards and men of the occult use. The supreme of them is the wisdom from above, which is divine (Jas. 3:15-17).

As we know, whatever is from above is above all (Jn. 3:31). Therefore, the wisdom from above is superior to the other kinds of wisdom. Interestingly, this wisdom is traceable and ‘track-able’ because it is pure, easily entreated, and full of good fruits without partiality or hypocrisy. Thus, it delivers the same way and at the same rate to anyone who engages it; there is no sentimental or biased discrimination or partiality associated with it. That means when we operate in divine wisdom, we get the same result and command the same level of dominion regardless of our background (Rom. 2:11).

We understand from the scriptures that Jesus is the living Word of God. He is the power and the wisdom of God. Thus, God’s Word, the Bible, is the custodian of the power and the wisdom of God. Consequently, putting the Word to work is walking in the wisdom of God, which puts us above others in every area of life (1 Cor. 1:24).

But how do we access this wisdom from the Word?

One of the channels of accessing divine wisdom from the Word is MEDITATION, which is the art of pondering through scriptures in search of answers to the bugging questions of life. Meditating on God’s Word makes us wiser than our enemies (Psa. 119:97-100).

Meditation is also thinking through scriptures to find the way out of our predicaments (Josh. 1:8 ). Consequently, it is impossible to flow in divine wisdom without genuine commitment to the Word. This is because God’s Word is His wisdom bank where we draw the virtues of divine wisdom from.Therefore, if we are not committed to the Word, it is impossible to flow in divine wisdom. We must understand that our profiting cannot be evident without meditation (1 Tim. 4:13, 15). Meditation is key to accessing divine wisdom because we encounter unbelievable solutions as we think through scriptures and give ourselves wholly to our findings. As already mentioned, studying and meditating on the Word are vital to accessing the wisdom virtues in the Book, and when we have a genuine heart for God, our meditation will always be fruitful.

*Prayer*
Lord God, I seek Your strength daily as I face the trials and tasks before me. Grant me the fortitude to overcome adversity, the courage to walk fearlessly, and the faith to embrace Your plans. Let Your love be my foundation and Your wisdom my guide as I navigate each moment, in Jesus' mighty name, Amen.

*Declaration*
Father, in the name of Jesus, as I meditate, I declare an abundance of love, joy, and prosperity in my life. Guide me to declare forgiveness, release the weight of resentment, and embrace freedom. I declare that my meditation is a sacred space for connecting with the divine energy that surrounds and fills me.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 8:14am On Jul 12

Holyhill Church Abuja

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday, July 12, 2024

*Breaking the Chains of Addiction through Faith in Christ*

*John 8:34 ESV*
_Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin._

*Philippians 4:13 NLT*
_For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength._

Addiction is a powerful chain that binds the soul, distorts reality, and disrupts the life God intends for us. Whether it's substance abuse, pornography, masturbation, gaming/gambling, or any other practices, addiction can become a wall of hindrance between us and the life of freedom promised in Christ. Yet, the Bible offers profound hope and practical wisdom for overcoming and breaking free from these chains.

It's important to understand that addiction is more than just a physical or psychological dependence; it's a spiritual battle. It's a battle against your health, peace, joy, and your reign with Christ. And our anchor scripture above reveals the power of sin and its ability to enslave us. This enslavement is evident in the compulsive behaviors that characterize addiction, where individuals feel powerless to change despite the guilt they feel afterward and the negative consequences. But there is a way out!

This is the good news Jesus brought to us Himself, offering a path to everlasting freedom from all kinds of addiction. He declared in John 8:36 (ESV), "So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." This promise is not just a future hope but a present reality for those who believe and have faith in Him. Freedom in Christ means total liberation from the power of sin and the ability to live a life of purpose and peace.

Steps to Breaking the Chains of Addiction:

Acknowledge the Problem: The first step to overcoming addiction is acknowledging its presence and impact. Proverbs 28:13 (NIV) states, "Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy." Admitting the problem is a courageous act of humility that opens the door to God's healing grace. Any sickness you hide, you cannot heal from. Addiction is a demonic sickness targeted at robbing you of your inheritance in Christ.

Seek God's Help: Overcoming addiction requires divine intervention. Because addiction is a spiritual battle, you cannot overcome it with mere sensual strategies. Psalm 121:1-2 (NIV) reminds us, "I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth." Turning to God in prayer, asking for His strength, and allowing Him to increase your faith in His promises are crucial steps in the journey to freedom.

Renew Your Mind: Addiction often involves entrenched patterns of thinking that must be transformed. Romans 12:2 (NIV) says, "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind." The Word of God is your mind renewal medicine in the journey of breaking free from addiction. Get up and take as much as you can on a daily basis.

In addition, you need to join a community of believers where your faith will grow and be well nurtured. You can also talk with someone about your struggles and trust that you are not alone in the journey. It's my prayer that you find the help that your heart seeks today in Jesus' name. Amen.

*Prayer*
Father, I turn to You today asking for mercy and strength to overcome this addiction [mention it], in the name of Jesus Christ! Amen.

*Declaration*
I am born of God. I am holy. I am an overcomer. I yield my body to God. I commit my heart daily to God. I am a consistent doer of God's Word, and my life is saturated by the presence of the Holy Spirit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastors And Men Of God: Rev. Fr. Emmanuel Ede / GURU» The Pathfinder / 11-year Old Christian Girl Baffles Islamic Scholar With One Simple Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 266
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.