Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,371 members, 7,940,413 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 04:24 AM

Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional (4914 Views)

WiSDOM SEED DAILY DEVOTIONAL / Woman Sows Seed With Her Husband's Car In Delta Church (Photos) / Pastor Forces Woman To Use Her Suv To Sow Seed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 7:42am On Aug 19
PST. SUNDAY & PST.CHAKOR OGIDIGBO.

Holyhill Church Abuja.

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday, August 19, 2024

*PERFECT LOVE AND FEAR MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE*

*2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV*
_“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”_

Fear entered the world as a result of sin; after Adam and Eve ate the fruit and fell, they fled from God, indicating fear. Shame, guilt, and fear followed the fall of man; the KJV bible contains 92 instances of the phrase "fear not," as well as other variations such as "fear ye not; not fear." Fear is not a gift from God; we are only allowed to love God perfectly as stated in 1 John 4:17 and not fear. There are numerous obstacles that we face daily, and the moment we begin to think too deeply about them, we allow fear to enter our hearts, which can lead to us losing confidence in God, causing worries, disappointments, sadness, and rage.

Nevertheless, God's love is sufficient for us, so we don't need to worry or be afraid. Every dread in our hearts is vanquished by His perfect love. God is always able to provide for us when we are in need. To stop our worries from ruling us, we must learn to embrace the truth of God's love for us. The antidote to all fear is God's love. We won't be afraid if we fully comprehend how much God loves us. The dread of what the holy God may do to man for sinning (penalty of death) was the reason Adam, who bore mankind in his likeness (Gen 5:3), was afraid.

When Jesus Christ took on the full weight of God's wrath on behalf of humanity, the recreated man can rest assured that death is no longer a punishment. It takes maturity to learn to place all of our trust in God. We must mature in God; as we do, we will start to comprehend His perfect love for us. John, the beloved, was aware of this love, which is why nothing could harm him. We have to realise how much God loves us, how He keeps an eye on us, how much He knows about us, and how He will always be there for us. We know that God will intervene just in time or work things out for our benefit, even when we don't understand why he won't do things our way or come at that specific time.

When we don't trust God, we may become control freaks. We want to be in charge of everything because we fear being let down, harmed, or thinking we may end up poor. We must constantly experience and be aware of God's love. Seek of the Father to reveal His love to your heart and sight. Consider the goodness of God. No matter how minor they may seem, count your blessings and record them because they are proof of God's love for you. These will comfort you and keep your heart at ease. Keep a journal of the things and favours you receive from others, or the times God grants your prayers and fulfils your desires; this will help you recognise God's love for you. Whatever you are going through, don't be afraid. God will see you through; He is your advocate, not your adversary.

*Prayer*
Father, please open my heart to your perfect love for me and allow it to conquer any fear, in Jesus' name, Amen.

*Declaration*
I declare in the name of Jesus that I am loved, I am aware of God's abundant love for me, I have complete faith in God's love, I feel God's love, and I walk in His divine love, Amen.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 7:27am On Aug 20

Holyhill Church Abuja.

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday, August 20, 2024

*THE OUTPOURING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT*

*Acts 2:1-4 NIV*
_"When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them."_

On the day of Pentecost, the disciples were gathered together in one place. Suddenly, a sound like a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. This dramatic and awe-inspiring event caught everyone’s attention. Then, what appeared to be tongues of fire separated and came to rest on each of them. This fire symbolizes the presence and power of the Holy Spirit, purifying and empowering the believers.

All of the disciples were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them. This miraculous ability to speak in different languages allowed them to communicate the gospel to the diverse crowd gathered in Jerusalem for the festival. People from various regions and languages heard the disciples declaring the wonders of God in their own tongues, leading to amazement and curiosity.

The outpouring of the Holy Spirit was not a one-time event confined to the early Church. It signifies the ongoing work of the Holy Spirit in the lives of all believers. The Holy Spirit empowers us, guides us, and equips us for service. He is our Comforter, Advocate, and Helper, enabling us to live out our faith and fulfill the Great Commission.

Just as the Holy Spirit enabled the disciples to speak in other tongues and share the gospel, He empowers us to be effective witnesses for Christ. We do not rely on our strength or abilities but on the power of the Holy Spirit. When we are filled with the Spirit, we can boldly proclaim the good news and impact the world around us. The Holy Spirit is our guide and teacher. He leads us into all truth and gives us wisdom for making decisions. By staying attuned to the Spirit’s leading, we can navigate life’s challenges with divine insight and understanding. Regular prayer and seeking the Spirit’s guidance are essential for living a Spirit-filled life.

The presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives brings transformation. He works in us to produce the fruit of the Spirit, which includes love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. As we yield to the Spirit’s work, we become more like Christ and grow in spiritual maturity.

*Prayer*
Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for the gift of the Holy Spirit. Fill me anew with your Spirit, empowering me to live boldly for you. Guide me with your wisdom and help me to discern your will in every situation.

*Declaration*
I declare that I am filled with the Holy Spirit, empowered to live a life of purpose and impact. I yield to the leading of the Spirit and walk in obedience to God's will, bringing glory to His name in all that I do.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 11:41am On Aug 21

Holyhill Church Abuja.

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, August 21, 2024

*EMBRACING THE GIFT OF DISCIPLINE*

*Hebrews 12:11 NIV*
_“No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.”_

In our fast-paced, distraction-filled world, discipline can feel like a daunting task. Yet, it is in this very struggle that we find our strength. Like a seed pushing through the soil to reach the sunlight, our efforts in discipline bring forth growth, resilience, and a deeper connection with God.

Among the many virtues that shape our spiritual journey, discipline stands as a beacon of strength and transformation. Discipline is often perceived as a stringent set of rules, a rigid path that confines rather than frees. But what if we viewed it as a gift, a divine tool designed to align our hearts with the heartbeat of God? Imagine discipline not as a burden but as a bridge—a bridge that leads us from chaos to peace, from distraction to focus, from mediocrity to excellence.

Consider the life of a gardener. Each day, they tend to their garden with unwavering dedication. They prune, water, and nurture the plants, understanding that their consistent care is what brings forth the beauty and bounty of the harvest. Similarly, our souls require the gentle, persistent touch of discipline to bloom into their fullest potential.

The Apostle Paul, in his letter to the Corinthians, compares our spiritual journey to that of an athlete in training: "Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever" (1 Corinthians 9:25). Here, Paul highlights the eternal reward of spiritual discipline, a reward far greater than any earthly prize.

In our daily lives, discipline manifests in various forms: in prayer, in study, in acts of kindness, and in moments of stillness. It is the commitment to rise early for quiet time with God, the resolve to turn the other cheek, and the courage to stay true to our values in the face of temptation. Discipline is not about perfection but about persistence. It's the daily choice to align our actions with our beliefs, to live with intention and purpose.

We see numerous examples of discipline shaping the lives of God's people. Daniel, in the face of great temptation, chose to pray three times a day, aligning his heart with God's will despite the threat of the lion's den. Paul, enduring countless trials, disciplined his body and mind to run the race set before him, pressing on toward the heavenly prize.

When we embrace discipline, we create space for God's presence in our lives. We become like clay in the hands of the potter, molded and shaped into vessels of His love and grace. The fruits of discipline—patience, self-control, humility, and resilience—are not just virtues we aspire to but reflections of God's character in us.

As we journey through life, let us not shy away from the path of discipline. Let us welcome it as a divine invitation to grow, to deepen our faith, and to become more like the One who calls us by name. In the daily rhythms of discipline, we discover the profound truth that true freedom is found not in the absence of constraints but in the joyful surrender to the Creator's loving guidance.

*Prayer*
Oh God, let my life be a testament of the transformative power of discipline. Help me to shine as a light for others to follow on this blessed journey of faith in Jesus' name. Amen.

*Declaration*
I am focused and disciplined. My spirit is yielded to the Holy Spirit, and I am Spirit-controlled.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 11:16am On Aug 22

Holyhill Church Abuja.

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday, August 22, 2024

*DIVINE FAVOR: A PATH TO BLESSING*

*Psalm 5:12 KJV*
_“For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.”_

*Psalm 30:5 KJV*
_“For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.”_

Favour can be defined as "demonstrated delight." It represents the tangible evidence of a person's approval and blessing from the Lord. God's favour allows us to achieve what is humanly impossible, grants us undeserved eternal life, and empowers us to live for Him. Divine favour distinguishes individuals, making them sources of wonder and admiration. When you have divine favour, people marvel at your seemingly unattainable achievements.

Every child of God needs God's favour in their life. It elevates believers to places beyond the reach of wealth and qualifications alone, opening doors that skill and hard work cannot. Relying solely on toil and sweat may mean missing out on the transformative power of God's favour. Effective leadership requires not just giftedness and training, but also the favour of God.

Favour with God is essential for success in all aspects of life, turning challenges and impossibilities into opportunities and blessings for His glory. God's favour can profoundly impact your life, family, academics, business, and projects. The good news is that God's favour extends to His Church, making us recipients of His divine favour as His covenant children.

When you find favour with God, everything you touch begins to prosper, causing others to marvel at your success. However, God's favour is not automatic nor a result of wishful thinking. It flows from a consistent and healthy relationship with Him, grounded in obedience to His Word. Step out in faith, and divine favour will permeate your life.

Each act of obedience attracts favour. While many proclaim "this is my year of favour," its manifestation hinges on obedience. Those who obey God and His Word attract His favour. Areas lacking favour often reflect areas lacking obedience. Favour is the reward for obedience. God seeks those who love Him and His commands, blessing, guiding, and protecting them. Yet, favour does not guarantee a life free from hardship. Heroes of faith like Noah, Moses, Daniel, and Mary faced difficulties but remained faithful, knowing that God's favour and purpose sustained them.

Those who walk in God's favour become agents of His grace and blessings to others. They influence communities, bring about positive change, and exemplify God's kingdom values in society. The journey of favour often involves seasons of waiting and testing. It requires steadfast trust in God's timing and faithfulness, knowing that His plans for us are for good and not for harm.

*Prayer*
Lord, I pray for favour and breakthrough in every area of my life. Open doors where I am hindered, and let your favour surround me.

*Declaration*
I decree and declare that the Lord's divine favour seeks me, finds me, chooses me, and anoints every area of my life.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 7:13am On Aug 23

Holyhill Church Abuja.

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday, August 23, 2024

*Grace*

*Hebrew 4:16 KJV*
_Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need._

*1 Peter 5:10 KJV*
_But the God of all Grace who has called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that you have suffered a while, makes you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you._

*Ephesians 2:4-6 KJV*
_But God, who is rich in mercy for His great love wherewith He loves us. Even when we were dead in sins, has quickened us together with Christ-by grace you are saved._

Grace is an unmerited favor, assuring us that we are forgiven before God through Christ Jesus. God's grace is given freely, overlooking our shortcomings. As stated in 2 Corinthians 12:9, "My grace is sufficient for you; for My strength is made perfect in weakness." This means that God's power and mercy support us during our weaknesses, struggles, temptations, and the devil's attacks.

Grace cannot be earned; it is a gift from God, born out of His immense love for us. Ephesians 2:8-9 (NKJV) affirms this: "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God." Have you ever experienced something extraordinary that you felt undeserving of? God's grace is precisely that—sufficient and unmerited. Our Lord Jesus Christ's death on the cross, His humiliation, beating, and torture for undeserving humanity, exemplifies this grace (Romans 5:15).

While we must not take God's grace for granted and continue living sinful lives (Romans 6:14-15 KJV), we should remember that Jesus will not give up on us. He has called us to live a holy life. Although we have all sinned and fallen short of His glory, we are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus (Romans 3:23).

In prayer, we should seek God's grace for each new day. As Hebrews 4:16 (KJV) encourages, "Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace in time of need." May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen (2 Corinthians 13:14 KJV).

*Prayer*
Father, may I never run out of your grace throughout my life. Keep me by your grace and help me to live a life worthy of admiration.

*Declaration*
I am a partaker of God's grace and have His grace in abundance. The love of God is rich toward me.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 9:16am On Aug 24

Holyhill Church Abuja.

*WISDOM SEED*
Saturday, August 17, 2024

*FREED FROM THE CURSE*

Galatians 3:13 KJV
“Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is everyone that hangeth on a tree.”

Our lives can sometimes feel weighed down by burdens that seem inescapable. These burdens can feel like curses, dragging us down and holding us back from living the joyful, abundant life God desires for us. However, Galatians 3:13 offers a powerful and liberating truth: Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us.

The “curse of the law” refers to the consequences of not perfectly obeying God's laws. In the Old Testament, the law was given to guide the Israelites in living a holy life. But because of human nature and sin, no one could keep the law perfectly. This failure to keep the law brought a curse upon the people—punishments, hardships, and ultimately, spiritual death.

However, God's plan of redemption through Jesus Christ changed everything. Jesus, the Son of God, took upon Himself the curse that we deserved. He did this by willingly dying on the cross. The phrase “Cursed is everyone that hangeth on a tree” comes from Deuteronomy 21:23, which speaks of those who are executed by hanging under God's curse. Jesus, though sinless, was crucified—an execution method that involved being hung on a wooden cross (a tree). By doing this, He bore the curse for us.

This act of ultimate sacrifice has implications for our lives. First, it means that we are no longer under the curse of the law. We are set free from the penalties of failing to live up to God's perfect standards. Jesus paid the price in full, and His righteousness is credited to us. This is what redemption means—being bought back and set free.

Second, it means that any curses that we might feel are affecting our lives can be broken in Jesus’ name. This includes generational curses or patterns of sin and failure passed down through families. In Christ, we have the authority to break these curses because He has already borne them for us. We no longer need to live in fear or under the oppression of these curses.

Understanding that Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law transforms how we live. We no longer have to strive to earn God's favour by our own efforts; we receive His grace as a gift. This truth frees us from guilt and shame, knowing that Jesus took all of that upon Himself. Hence, we can live confidently, knowing that we are loved and accepted by God because of what Jesus has done.

Living in this freedom also empowers us to overcome the negative patterns and curses that may have plagued our lives. We can pray with confidence, declaring the victory that Jesus has won for us. When we face challenges or feel oppressed by circumstances that seem like curses, we can remind ourselves and claim the truth of Galatians 3:13. Christ has already borne these curses, and we are now free in Him.

Prayers*
Heavenly Father, thank You for sending Jesus to redeem me from the curse of the law. Thank You, Jesus, for taking my place and bearing the curse for me by dying on the cross. I am grateful for the freedom and redemption You have given me.

*Declaration*
I declare that Christ has redeemed me from the curse of the law. I am no longer under the penalty of sin because Jesus has paid the price for me. I declare that any generational curses or negative patterns in my life are broken in Jesus' name
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 9:56am On Aug 25

Holyhill Church Abuja.

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday, August 25, 2024

*Navigating Trials and Temptations*

*James 1:2-4 NIV*
_"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."_

Trials and temptations are inevitable parts of our earthly journey. They come in various forms: personal struggles, relational conflicts, health issues, financial difficulties, and moral dilemmas. Yet, in the midst of these challenges God provides us with wisdom and strength to endure and grow.

James encourages believers to "consider it pure joy" when facing trials. This perspective is counterintuitive; our natural response to suffering is often frustration, fear, or despair. However, James reveals that trials test our faith, producing perseverance. This perseverance refines our character, making us "mature and complete, not lacking anything." Through trials, God is at work within us, molding us into the likeness of Christ.

In the Old Testament, we see how Joseph faced severe trials. Sold into slavery by his brothers, wrongfully imprisoned, and forgotten by those he helped, Joseph endured years of hardship.
Yet, he remained faithful to God. In Genesis 50:20, Joseph declares to his brothers, "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives." Joseph's story reminds us that God can turn our trials into triumphs, using our suffering for a greater purpose.

Temptations, on the other hand, are enticements to sin that seek to draw us away from God's path. James 1:13-14 clarifies, "When tempted, no one should say, 'God is tempting me…" Temptations come from within, fueled by our desires. Yet, God provides us with the resources to resist.

In 1 Corinthians 10:13, Paul offers reassurance: "No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." God is faithful, He equips us with the strength to withstand temptation. By relying on His Word, prayer, and the Holy Spirit, we can overcome the lure of sin.

Jesus Himself faced temptation in the wilderness (Matthew 4:1-11). After fasting for forty days and nights, He was tempted by Satan. Jesus responded to each temptation with Scripture, demonstrating the power of God's Word in resisting the devil. His example teaches us to immerse ourselves in Scripture, equipping us to stand firm against temptation.

In both trials and temptations, prayer is our lifeline. In Matthew 26:41, Jesus advises His disciples, "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the

flesh is weak." Through prayer, we draw near to God, seeking His strength and guidance. It is in these moments of communion that we find the fortitude to endure trials and resist temptations.

*Prayer*
Heavenly Father, thank You for Your presence in our lives, especially during times of trials and temptations. Help us to consider our trials with joy, knowing that they produce perseverance and maturity. Strengthen us to resist temptation, relying on Your Word and Spirit, in Jesus' name, Amen.

*Declaration*
In Jesus’ name, I embrace my trials with faith, knowing they refine and strengthen me. I resist temptations and immerse myself in God's Word and continually seek His guidance through prayer.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 9:01am On Aug 26
PST. SUNDAY & PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO

Holyhill Church Abuja.

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday, August 26, 2024

*THE DANGERS ASSOCIATED WITH LEADERSHIP.*

*1 Samuel 13:13,14 NKJV*
_“And Samuel said to Saul, “You have done foolishly. You have not kept the commandment of the Lord your God, which He commanded you. For now the Lord would have established your kingdom over Israel forever. But now your kingdom shall not continue. The Lord has sought for Himself a man after His own heart, and the Lord has commanded him to be commander over His people, because you have not kept what the Lord commanded you.”_

The Bible states that God is not a respecter of persons; God is not sentimental or people-conscious. When a leader begins to become sentimental or people-conscious, they put themselves in grave danger. King Saul is a prime example of the failures of leadership and the pitfalls that can lead to them. Respect for people is one of the major pitfalls in this case. King Saul, the man from the scripture we read above, was more concerned with what people said and felt, with their support, their attitude, their body language, and how they saw him. He was a people-pleaser who would stop at nothing to keep people applauding him, even when he was told he had sinned against God, he was more conscious of not wanting to look foolish in front of them.

It is extremely harmful to follow the advice of man rather than that of God. With the backdrop that the earth and its fullness belong to the Lord (Psalm 24:1), more of Saul's folly was an exaggeration. According to 1 Samuel 13:3–4, Jonathan destroyed the Philistine garrison with a thousand men, but Saul declared that "he (Saul) had destroyed the Philistine garrison." An exaggeration is a lie.

Also, knowing that the country of Israel belonged to God and that the army was His own, King Saul referred to the army as his men before defaming (negatively confessing) them; the army of Israel stank to high heaven... He succeeded in rousing the people with pride; it's no surprise that King Saul failed because God despises the haughty. Thank God for Jonathan, who broke out of his father's camp and led a triumphant onslaught of faith (1 Samuel 14). When a leader fails, they get enamored with their power and constantly remind people who is in charge. In this context, King Saul was a tragic example of ineffective leadership. Thus, one of the list's dangers is arrogance.

When God summoned Gideon, the people test was the first challenge He handed him; failing the people test in leadership means you risk being ignored. This was a crucial test for Gideon to pass because, although we indeed need men to run alongside us to realize the vision that God has given us, we must never let this stand in the way of our relationship with God. People are necessary, but we must draw the line when they try to stand in the way of our relationship with God.

Every house is created by a man, but the One who builds everything is God. With Gideon, God demonstrated that he did not need men as long as He was on his side; one with God is the majority. The people test is critical, and respect for others has destroyed many leaders. This is rooted in low self-esteem, carnality, and ignorance - specifically, misunderstanding of God's place - and it is still one of Satan's most successful techniques for destroying leaders.

*Prayer*
Dear Father, kindly teach me not to be driven by a people-pleaser mentality in Jesus' name, Amen.

*Declaration*
In Jesus' name, I get the wisdom of God in my heart, courage, and the ability to say no when it's appropriate and yes when it's necessary. I am given the grace of God to carry out His will every day of my life, Amen.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 8:31am On Aug 27
PST. SUNDAY &PST. CHAKOR OGIDIGBO.

Holyhill Church Abuja.

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday August 27, 2024

*UNDERSTANDING THE POWER OF THE TONGUE*

*Proverbs 18:21 NIV*
_“The tongues has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat his fruit”_

Words are powerful. They can build up or tear down, encourage or discourage, heal or hurt. Proverbs 18:21 reminds us of this truth, stating that “The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.” This verse highlights the significant impact our words can have, both positively and negatively.

The tongue, though small, wields great power. It can shape our relationships, influence our self-esteem, and determine the course of our lives. With our words, we can inspire hope, express love, and bring comfort. Conversely, we can also cause pain, spread lies, and sow discord. Understanding the power of the tongue means recognizing the responsibility that comes with our ability to speak.

Throughout the Bible, we see numerous examples of the impact of words. In Genesis, God spoke the world into existence. Jesus, with a word, healed the sick and calmed the storm. Conversely, the lies of the serpent in the Garden of Eden led to the fall of humanity. These examples illustrate that words can create, heal, and bring life, or they can destroy, deceive, and bring death.

James 3:5-6 compares the tongue to a small spark that can set a great forest on fire. This vivid imagery emphasizes how even a few careless words can cause significant damage. Gossip, slander, and harsh criticism can spread quickly and wreak havoc in relationships and communities. On the other hand, words of affirmation, encouragement, and truth can build people up and foster unity and love.

Use your words to build up rather than tear down. Look for opportunities to encourage, praise, and affirm others. When someone is struggling, offer words of hope and support. When someone succeeds, celebrate with them. Speaking life means choosing words that bring positivity, healing, and growth. Be honest in your communication, but speak the truth in love. Avoid exaggeration, deceit, and gossip. When you need to address a difficult issue, do so with kindness and a desire for reconciliation, not to hurt or condemn. Speaking truth builds trust and strengthens relationships.

Think before you speak. Consider the impact your words may have on others. James 1:19 advises us to be “quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.” This means taking the time to understand before responding and choosing our words carefully to ensure they align with God’s wisdom and love. Ask God to help you use your words wisely. Psalm 141:3 says, “Set a guard over my mouth, Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips.” Seek God’s guidance in your speech, and ask Him to help you speak in ways that honor Him and reflect His love.

Regularly reflect on the words you have spoken and their impact. If you realize you have hurt someone with your words, seek forgiveness and make amends. Strive to learn from your mistakes and to grow in your ability to use your tongue for good.

*Prayer*
Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for reminding me of the power of my words. Help me to use my tongue to speak life, truth, and wisdom.

*Declaration*
I declare that my tongue has the power of life and death, and I choose to speak life. I will use my words to build up, encourage, and bring healing. I will speak the truth in love, avoiding deceit and gossip. I will think before I speak, considering the impact of my words and seeking to align them with God’s wisdom.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 8:30am On Aug 28

Holyhill Church Abuja.

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday, August 28, 2024

*THE POWER OF PRAYING FOR THE SICK*

*James 5:14-15 NIV*
_"Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven."_

Have you ever felt the crushing weight of seeing a loved one suffer from illness? The feeling of helplessness, the desire to do something—anything—to alleviate their pain can be overwhelming. In these moments, prayer can become our most powerful tool, a lifeline that connects us directly to the heart of God.

Prayer is more than just words; it is a profound act of faith. When we pray for the sick, we are not merely uttering hopeful phrases into the void. We are engaging in a divine dialogue, inviting God's healing presence into the lives of those we love. James 5:14-15 reminds us that the prayers of the faithful have the power to bring healing and restoration. This is not a promise of immediate physical healing every time, but it is a promise that God hears us and is with us in our pain.

Anointing with oil when we pray is a biblical practice that symbolizes the Holy Spirit's presence and power. When elders of the church anoint the sick and pray over them, it is an act of consecration and a powerful reminder of God's ability to heal. It's a tangible expression of our faith, a physical act that mirrors the spiritual reality of God's care and provision.

Praying for the sick requires faith—a faith that believes in God's ability to heal and a faith that trusts in His will, no matter the outcome. It's about surrendering our desires and fears to God, knowing that He is in control. Sometimes, the healing we seek is physical; other times, it may be emotional or spiritual. God's ways are higher than our ways, and His plans are always for our good.

There is a story about a woman named Joyce. She was diagnosed with a severe illness, her prognosis was grim, and the doctors were unable to help her. Her church community gathered around her, praying fervently for her healing. They anointed her with oil, laid hands on her, and interceded with heartfelt prayers. Over time, Joyce's health began to improve dramatically. The doctors were baffled, but her church rejoiced, knowing that God's healing hand had touched her.

Joyce's story is a powerful testimony to the impact of collective prayer. It underscores the importance of community and the miraculous power that can be unleashed when God's people come together in faith. You don't have to be a pastor or elder to pray for the sick. Your prayers, offered in faith, can make a significant difference. Whether it's a friend, family member, or even someone you've never met, your prayers can bring comfort, hope, and healing.

*Prayer*
Heavenly Father, I come before you with hearts full of faith and compassion for those who are suffering. I lift up the sick to you, believing in your power to heal. May your presence bring comfort, your Spirit bring peace, and your hand bring healing. Teach me to trust in your will and to pray with unwavering faith.

*Declaration*
I embrace the power of prayer. I am praying daily for the sick. I trust in God's ability to bring healing and wholeness to those I love and those in my community. My faith is becoming a beacon of hope in times of sickness and trial for others in Jesus' name. Amen.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 11:07am On Aug 29

Holyhill Church Abuja.

*WISDOM SEED*
Thursday, August 29, 2024

*THE PERILS OF REBELLION*

*1 Samuel 15:23 NKJV*
_“For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, And stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, He also has rejected you from being king.”_

*Proverbs 17:11 ESV*
_“An evil man seeks only rebellion, and a cruel messenger will be sent against him.”_

Rebellion always begins in the heart. It was humanity's first sin against God's authority and continues to be our downfall. Rebellion opens the door to demonic influence in a person's life. The Bible strictly warns against rebellion and its severe consequences, stating that rebellion is as sinful as witchcraft. It also warns that a cruel messenger will be sent against the rebellious. Rebellion can lead to spiritual dryness and separation from God.

One of the clearest demonstrations of rebellion and its consequences in the Bible is the story of King Saul. Chosen by God to lead Israel, King Saul thought he knew better than God. He disobeyed God's direct instructions, substituting his own ideas. Instead of destroying all the plunder from the enemy’s camp as God commanded, Saul kept the best livestock. Instead of killing the wicked King Agag as instructed, Saul brought him back as a prisoner. These acts of rebellion against God's orders pleased Saul, who tried to justify his disobedience by claiming the animals were for sacrifice to the Lord.

Within human society, God has established a chain of command, and rebellion against this ordained order is a sin. Scripture instructs us to submit to governing authorities as long as they do not require us to disobey God. Rebellion against righteous authority leads to societal dissolution. In the home, God’s chain of authority places the husband as the head of the family. The husband’s responsibility is to lead his family in submission to Christ. The wife is to submit to her husband, and children are to obey their parents. Rebellion against this familial authority leads to chaos and dysfunction within the home.

Humanity's rebellion resulted in being denied access to eternal life and losing dominion over the earth. Man's abilities were corrupted, leading to the abuse and destruction of the earth. Rebellion is the act of resisting authority, characterized by defiance, open resistance, and bold disobedience. The Bible is clear that a rebellious person has a heart not right with God. Rebellion shuts a person’s ears to God's voice. A rebellious house has eyes but cannot see. Rebellion allows Satan, the god of this world, to blind our spiritual eyes. When our spiritual eyesight is blinded, our discernment suffers greatly, placing us in a dangerous position.

As we strive to live in obedience to God, we will experience the blessings of peace, joy, and spiritual growth. Our relationships will flourish, and we will find fulfilment in living according to God's purpose for our lives. By submitting to God's will and rejecting rebellion, we honor Him and reflect His love and grace to those around us.

*Prayer*
Father God, open up my understanding to your will for my life, and recover me from any path of rebellion, in Jesus' name.

*Declaration*
I repent of any act of rebellion in my life and submit to God's will for my life. I choose to live in obedience to His Word and seek His guidance in all aspects of my life.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 9:53am On Aug 30

Holyhill Church Abuja.

*WISDOM SEED*
Friday, August 30, 2024

*Fasting and Prayer*

*Isaiah 59:1*
_Is not this the fast I have chosen? To lose the bands of wickedness, to do the heavy burdens and let the oppressed go free, and that you break every yoke?_

Prayer is a privilege we have to access God. It is also a proof that we are wise and it’s a sign of humility saying that we need the help of God. Prayer is one way to talk to God. Buy why do we need to fast. Fasting is a higher dimension of Wisdom when we decide to set a time aside to do it regularly and in the secret place. Jesus taught us how to pray in Matthew 6:9-13 but he also mentioned fasting, leaving us instructions on how to fast (Matt 6:18) Fasting is a spiritual exercise that is carried out by an individual. It is a time we set aside to God, neglecting the flesh, staying away from food, staying away from water, keeping our minds and body Holy unto God and pressing unto God in prayer. We should take not that fasting is our private alter with God, not making men see that you fast as Jesus instructed us in Matthew 6:18

There are some things you can’t shift in the Spirit if a fast is not done on that matter. By Fasting, we generate powers into our life to secure help and divine intervention from God and we can fight back demonic set back and open the portal of our prophecies hanging over our life. As it is on earth, so it is in heaven. We sometimes need to fast for some things that we need to bring down from Heaven, agreeing about it on earth and making it register in Heaven. Some of our struggles are destroyed in that secret place of prayer and fasting. We will fight the devil to death and negative addictions of the flesh.

Fasting is not religious but it is strategic. There are some instructions we need to be attentive to while praying and fasting that triggers results. And what is carried out in the secret will be the result in the open. We have to be sure that we are praying according to the will of God and also put it in our mind that we are praying and fasting to a God who answers prayer. We must trust God that he can change our situation and trust Him that He hears always when we Pray.

There are ways to fast: we can fast as individuals, we can fast as a congregation, we can add alms giving to our fasting and prayer journey which is the recommended way to fast as stated by Jesus and as performed by Cornelius. There is a way you give to the needy that your giving will shake heaven and your prayers answered speedily. Because God knows the heart Cornelius took to prayer always, it was actually aligned with God. Praying, but with the right spirit is Mandatory if we want God to hear us. When we are in the place of prayers, we should destroy every thought that is not of God from our mind. And one of the best ways to get results in the place of prayer is to picture your result while you are praying.

*Prayer*
Father, help me to wait on you and let me not do it that men may see me buy in your secret place. Help me to generate power in the place of prayer and fasting and let me burn for you.

*Declaration*
I declare that I am a prayer person. I pray and fast according to the will of God. I shift things in the spirit and I command supernatural result
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 1:01pm On Sep 01
PST. SUNDAY & PST.CHAKOR OGIDIGBO .

Holyhill Church Abuja.

*WISDOM SEED*
Sunday, September 1, 2024

*Manifest the Life of God*

*1 John 5: 12- 13 NKJV*
_He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God._

Welcome to the glorious month of September! God as usual is set to do mighty things with us this month, individually and collectively as a church family. In this month, you must look with the eyes of the Spirit, inward, to the God and the resources in you because you are in Christ. The Bible says that for greater is He that is in you than He that is in the world. The days we are in calls for an understanding of the spiritual resources and infrastructure that have been deployed in our favor and have been installed inside of us. The days require you to operate fully in your capacity as a god. You cannot afford to have downtime spiritually. You must know the weapons of your warfare, the things that are yours, the things that you have and the things you can do in Christ Jesus. As a god you must be aware of the life that is in you because you are one with God. A god that has the life of God and the spirit of God in him.

Knowing that you have the life and the spirit of God will give you an advantage. That was how Jesus operated in the days of His flesh. Jesus walked the face of this earth as a god. The way the Father sent Him is how He has sent us. The bible says that you will die like mere men if you are not conscious of the fact that you are a god. You must manifest the life and light of God. The bible says in John 1: 4 – 6, In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. We are in the days of gross darkness. The way Jesus who had the life of God manifested that life as the light of God, we also must manifest that life in us in the form of light. We are the light of the world because we have the light of God in us. It must manifest to destroy the stronghold of death, of diseases, of poverty and all challenges around us.

The world is in need of peace. Wherever you enter and say let there be peace there will be peace, where there is crisis you bring sanity, where there is foolishness you bring wisdom, where there is sickness you bring health, where there is lack you bring supplies. That is how God expects us to manifest. In this season, the world is looking for solution providers. The world is sick so our hands must become healing hands, the world is blind so our eyes must become their eyes, the world is lame so we must give them strength in their feet to stand. We must operate in our fullness of God on the face of the earth. Declare this with me: I have Zoe, I have the life of God and that life of God is the light of men. Shalom!

*Prayer*
Father Lord, open, my eyes to see the life that I have in you

*Declaration*
I declare in the name of Jesus, September 2024 opens to me in glory, splendor, majesty and all-round dominion. I operate in my status as a god on the face of the earth. Amen!
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 8:04am On Sep 02

Holyhill Church Abuja.

*WISDOM SEED*
Monday, September 2, 2024

*THE TRANSFORMATIVE POWER OF UNCONDITIONAL LOVE*

*1 Corinthians 13:4-8 NIV*
_"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."_

Unconditional love is not based on what someone can do for us, nor is it swayed by our emotions or circumstances. It is steadfast, patient, kind, and forgiving. It seeks the best for others, even when it comes at a personal cost. This love is beautifully exemplified in the life and sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

Love is the heartbeat of the Christian faith. It's the greatest commandment, the central theme of the Gospel, and the most powerful force in the universe. Jesus Himself summarized the law in two commandments: to love God and to love others as ourselves (Matthew 22:37-40). But what does this love look like in our daily lives? How can we embody this divine love in a world that often misunderstands or undervalues it?

When we think of love, we often picture romantic gestures, warm feelings, and happy moments. While these are beautiful expressions of love, the love described in 1 Corinthians 13 goes much deeper. Its a love that perseveres through difficulties, remains steadfast in the face of challenges, and consistently seeks the best for others.

Unconditional love is powerful. It has the ability to heal, restore, and transform. As we strive to love others in this way, we become conduits of God's love, bringing light into the darkness and hope to the weary. Let us love deeply, for in doing so, we reflect the heart of our Savior. Here are three things to understand about the unconditional love of God.

Understanding God's unconditional love: God's love is unchanging and constant. It is not dependent on our actions or worthiness. Romans 5:8 tells us, "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."This profound truth reveals that God's love is proactive and redemptive. He loves us at our worst and seeks to draw us closer to Him.

Loving others as God loves us: Jesus commands us in John 13:34, "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."Reflecting God's love means extending grace, forgiveness, and kindness to others, even when it is difficult. It requires us to see people through God's eyes and love them despite their flaws and failures.

The power of unconditional love: Unconditional love has the power to transform lives. It heals wounds, mends relationships, and brings people closer to God. When we love others with a genuine, selfless love, we become conduits of God's grace and mercy. Our actions and attitudes can reflect the heart of God, drawing others to experience His love firsthand.

*Prayer*
Heavenly Father, thank You for loving us unconditionally. Help us to understand and embrace the depth of Your love. Fill us with Your Spirit, so we can love others as You have loved us. Teach us to forgive, to sacrifice, and to be patient and kind. May our lives reflect Your love in all we do. In Jesus' name, Amen.

*Declaration*
I receive grace to love unconditionally. I have deeper wisdom on love,and my spirit is saturated with the love of God in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 7:17am On Sep 03

Holyhill Church Abuja.

*WISDOM SEED*
Tuesday, September 3, 2024

*UNDERSTANDING ALL-ROUND SUCCESS IN LIFE*

*Luke 15:12, 29 LB*
_‘’When the younger told his father, ‘I want my share of your estate now, instead of waiting until you die!’ his father agreed to divide his wealth between his sons. But he replied, ‘All these years I’ve worked hard for you and never once refused to do a single thing you told me to; and in all that time you never gave me even one young goat for a feast with my friends.’’_

In Luke 15:11-32, Jesus tells the story of two sons, each representing different struggles that children of God may face regarding true success in life. The younger son, who had all the possessions he could desire, ended up with nothing, dissatisfied and in want. On the other hand, the older son, though loyal and religious, felt short-changed and resentful when his father welcomed the younger brother back with open arms. Both sons, despite their different paths, missed the satisfaction that their father offered, which symbolises the all-round success that God desires for His children.

In today’s world, some Christians find themselves asking, "What do I have to show for following You, Lord, for being loyal to You?" Others, blessed by God with resources, feel discontented, envying the ways of the world. This discontent can lead to offence against God, creating a barrier to the success that He wants to give. The key question then is: what is your understanding of the kind of success God wants for you?

Satan often takes advantage of moments of dissatisfaction, planting seeds of doubt and offence in our hearts towards God. But God's perspective on success is vastly different from the world's. Once our perspective aligns with His, we start to attract the all-round success He desires for us.

One of the fundamental secrets to experiencing God's all-round success is the consciousness of your identity in Christ. Many believers miss out on true success because they mistakenly define themselves by their possessions rather than by who they are in Christ. When your identity is rooted in Christ, rather than in material possessions, you begin to understand that true success is not about what you have but who you are.

The moment a believer defines themselves by what they possess, they step out of the true success that God has for them. True success begins when you find contentment in who God says you are, not in what you own. When you base your identity on possessions, you fall into the trap of comparison, which leads to dissatisfaction and a lack of wisdom, as warned in 2 Corinthians 10:12.

In Luke 12:15, Jesus clearly states that a person's life does not consist in the abundance of their possessions. The essence of a successful life is not in what you own but in your awareness of your identity in Christ. Once you lose sight of this identity, you lose out on the true success that God desires for you.

To sum it up, one of the greatest secrets to experiencing all-round success in life is maintaining a strong consciousness of your identity in Christ. As 1 Peter 1:23 reminds us, our identity is rooted in the imperishable seed of God's Word, not in perishable possessions. By embracing this identity, we open ourselves to the fullness of the success that God has planned for us.

*Prayer*
Heavenly Father, I thank You for the gift of my identity in Christ. Help me to always see myself through Your eyes, not defined by my possessions but by who You say I am, in Jesus' name, Amen.

*Declaration*
I declare in the name of Jesus that I know who and whom I am in Christ Jesus, therefore I experience all-around success in my finances, health, family, faith and marriage, Amen.
Re: Wisdom Seed Daily Devotional by Faithfulness99: 8:55am On Sep 04

Holyhill Church Abuja.

*WISDOM SEED*
Wednesday September 4, 2024

*ANTICIPATING HEAVEN, OUR ETERNAL HOME*

*Revelation 21:1-4 NIV*
_"Then I saw 'a new heaven and a new earth,' for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, 'Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”_

Heaven, the eternal home of God and His people, is a source of great hope and excitement for believers. In Revelation 21:1-4, John gives us a glimpse of the new heaven and new earth, where God’s presence fills everything, and there is no more sorrow or suffering.

The Bible describes heaven as a place of unmatched beauty, joy, and peace. Jesus tells His disciples about His Father’s house, where there are many rooms prepared for them. He promises to return and take them to be with Him (John 14:1-3). Paul talks about being taken to the third heaven and hearing things that are beyond words (2 Corinthians 12:2-4). These passages offer us a look into the amazing glory of heaven, where believers will experience God’s full presence forever.

Heaven is not just a distant hope but a present reality that shapes how we live. Paul says in Colossians 3:1-2 that we should focus on the things above, where Christ is at God’s right hand. Our true citizenship is in heaven, and we wait for our Saviour, Jesus Christ (Philippians 3:20-21). This heavenly perspective helps us remember that our time on earth is short, and our real home is with God forever.

The hope of heaven also gives us comfort during difficult times. Peter talks about an inheritance in heaven that is imperishable, pure, and never fading, reserved for believers (1 Peter 1:3-5). No matter what challenges we face now, we can find peace in the promise of heaven, where God will wipe away every tear, and we will experience His love and care completely.

As we move through life, let’s keep our focus on the hope of heaven, eagerly looking forward to the day we will be with Christ in glory. May this hope encourage us to live in a way that honours God and reflects His kingdom values, knowing that our work for the Lord is never wasted (1 Corinthians 15:58).

*Prayer*
Heavenly Father, thank You for the promise of heaven, where we will dwell in Your presence forever. Help us to set our hearts and minds on things above and to live in eager anticipation of the day when we will be united with You for all eternity. In Jesus' name, amen.

*Declaration*
I declare that my hope is anchored in the promise of heaven, where I will experience the fullness of God's love and joy for all eternity. I live each day with anticipation and expectancy, knowing that my citizenship is in heaven, and my ultimate destination is with Christ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GURU» The Pathfinder / 11-year Old Christian Girl Baffles Islamic Scholar With One Simple Question / What's The Difference Between Those Canned Prayer Points And Hail Marys?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.