Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,916 members, 7,942,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 06:22 AM

Nigerians With NIN To Get National ID Card With Payment Feature – NIMC - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerians With NIN To Get National ID Card With Payment Feature – NIMC (169 Views)

How To Get National ID Card / We Need Our National ID Cards / NIMC: National ID Card Pre-enrolment Portal Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians With NIN To Get National ID Card With Payment Feature – NIMC by AprokoBlogger: 5:00pm On Apr 14
https://segunratings.com/NationalIdentityManagementCommissionNEWS 👈👈 See More News from NIMC

NIMC to Launch National ID Card with Payment Functionality

The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) announces plans to introduce a multifunctional National ID card with payment capabilities, in collaboration with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the Nigeria Inter-bank Settlement System (NIBSS). This initiative aims to provide Nigerians with secure access to social and financial services.

Key features of the card include machine-readable zones, conforming to international standards, and biometric authentication for identity verification. Cardholders, linked to their National Identification Number (NIN), can access government services, financial inclusion opportunities, and participate in national development programs.

The card, meeting International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) standards, will serve as the country's primary national identity card and function as a debit or prepaid card when linked to bank accounts. Data protection measures ensure the security and confidentiality of users' information, aligning with international data security protocols.

Accessible online and through various channels nationwide, the card aims to empower citizens and promote inclusive growth, fostering increased participation in nation-building efforts.

https://segunratings.com/NationalIdentityManagementCommissionNEWS 👈👈 See More News from NIMC

1 Like

Re: Nigerians With NIN To Get National ID Card With Payment Feature – NIMC by Olachase(m): 5:15pm On Apr 14
This people day whine us

Even the original NIN card I never see after 2 years Nigeria my country cry cry

1 Like

Re: Nigerians With NIN To Get National ID Card With Payment Feature – NIMC by saintopus(m): 5:22pm On Apr 14
This News has been around for a very long time but card we no see.
Re: Nigerians With NIN To Get National ID Card With Payment Feature – NIMC by immortalcrown(m): 5:26pm On Apr 14
I have heard this many times. When will it happen?

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: African Icon Awards 9th Edition To Hold In Abuja / Can I Get My USDT Back From A Scammer? / Patience Jonathan Linked To Firms Being Investigated By The EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.