Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,675 members, 7,951,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 03:27 AM

Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model (40362 Views)

Lovelyn Enebechi Is Germany's Next Top-Model 2013 / ~ ANTM : Top Model Favourites ~ Where Are They Now? / Tyra Banks: America Next Top Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by hotangel2(f): 2:08am On Mar 17, 2006
This week's photo shoot.

i didnt watch it yesterday, but i'll watch the encore presentation on tuesday. So i cant really say much now. But i think they shaved her head. hmmm
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by hotangel2(f): 2:26am On Mar 17, 2006
MAkeover photo shoot. ( ithink she could have done beter, this is nuhh uhh)

Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by Seun(m): 3:11am On Mar 17, 2006
So a woman can be this beautiful without hair.
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by Badman888(m): 3:38am On Mar 17, 2006
yup, African beauty
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by pearldrops(f): 4:24am On Mar 17, 2006
black ebony
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by chinani(f): 6:46am On Mar 22, 2006
She's[i] exquisite.[/i] . .
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by omogenaija(f): 2:02am On Mar 26, 2006
what happened with Nnenna this week on top model i missed it.
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by Rhodalyn(f): 2:10am On Mar 26, 2006
shocked shocked shocked shocked bones!!!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by Rhodalyn(f): 2:13am On Mar 26, 2006
Seun:

So a woman can be this beautiful without hair.
thats what we call[i] real [/i] beauty wink
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by chinani(f): 2:27am On Mar 26, 2006
Rhodalyn:

thats what we call[i] real [/i] beauty wink

Fo sho! Some women need hair, jewelry, make up, & money. Nnenna's doing it BALD! That's bold. cheesy Braver than me.
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by Eastcoast(f): 2:40am On Mar 26, 2006
omoge02863:

what happened with Nnenna this week on top model i missed it.
She wasn't the talk of the show. they asked them to catwalk with a roach. she was just ok but not outstanding. in the photo shoot, they asked them to dress up as fairy tale characters and jump from a stool. nnenna was dressed as a princess. she was just ok. when it was time to stand infront of the judges, nnenna was among the last four. she needs to step up her game a lil bit. u know, just move out of her comfort zone. Jade was the main star.
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by omogenaija(f): 3:32am On Mar 26, 2006
thanks homegirl
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by hotangel2(f): 7:36am On Mar 26, 2006
Nnenna didn't really do well last wednesday. She was good tho, just not like she always was.

Her pictures.

This is when they were made up to do walk on the run way.

Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by Eastcoast(f): 1:57pm On Mar 26, 2006
The catwalk challenge was really wierd. i hated it. the designer and his judges looked like they came from hell. smiley
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by igboekwenu: 3:23pm On Mar 26, 2006
I remember seeing Nnenna in the Modivah Fashion show last year and she had a great walk but on the show they tried to make it look like she didn't have a great walk by not showing her that much and barely showing her only when she was about to strike a pose. I think Tyrant and Co. are under some kind of conspiracy to take down this chick. They pretty much avoided her the entire show and showed her only when they really had to. It really looked like they were trying to mask her walk even though they pretty much showed the rest of the girls walk at least half way.
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by omogenaija(f): 5:48pm On Mar 26, 2006
i love Nnenna , but i didnt like her pictures this week. i think they used to much make up for her which took away her natural beauty.
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by chinani(f): 5:57pm On Mar 26, 2006
I agree. The show didn't seem as "supportive" of her. The make-up and the lack of attn. But I figured they did it for ratings. I mean maybe if she seems like the front runner than the show won't be entertaining for some. Not me! I'm only watching b/c she's on it!!! But this way NNENNA can avoid a "she's not all that!" backlash. Do ya'll agree? Maybe I'm just making petty excuses. I hope they don't just boot her b/c she's not dramatic like Jade or weird like Gina. (Gina is weird right? It's not just me?)

@ Igbokwenu

So Nnenna has modelled before? So, it is her dream! Well she KNOWS she's got the face! What is Modivah Fashion? Peace.
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by disney(f): 7:38pm On Mar 26, 2006
Ya so rite everyone, l noticed it too but l pray she makes it to the top at least.

Well, everyone sha de pray for Nnenna o.
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by Eastcoast(f): 9:10pm On Mar 26, 2006
@ chinani, i agree with you on that one. nnenna is quiet. jade, gina and feronda add a lot of drama to the entire show and i believe that is the reason why gina and jade have not been evicted. if you watched the last episode you would know what i mean. the girl that was sent home's picture was better than gina's picture . but i belive they allowed gina, just so that she can keep spicing up the show, i wasn't able to watch last season because there was no drama.
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by larger20(m): 9:16pm On Mar 26, 2006
Nnenna might be the next to go
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by Eastcoast(f): 9:16pm On Mar 26, 2006
i agree with you
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by chinani(f): 9:37pm On Mar 26, 2006
larger_20:

Nnenna might be the next to go
Say it ain't so! Awww, I see what you guys are saying but I'd be UPSET! What'd'ya think about Mary Jane the red head? I don't think she's anything spectacular. Thoughts.

@ Eastcoast
So right! Gina's pic was unspeakable. The girl they sent home was so baby doll cute. I couldn't believe her look. She's one of those girls you see and think "Air brushing" but no, that's her. I think she's a white guys dream or something, esp all that blond hair. I bet she's doing alot of stuff back in Dakota right about now.
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by oby1384: 7:37am On Mar 27, 2006
i think tyra is trying to bring nnenna. i don't think she like nnenna but she pretends she does. why would she shave her head bald who in the model industry has a bald head? i think it was done to intentionally bring her down.
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by oby1384: 7:44am On Mar 27, 2006
And i also think that because nnenna is liked by so many, they would try and take the attention away from her, maybe that's why they did not show her very much last wednesday. if they had given her daniel's makeover, or even furonda's, i can only imagine. she still looks good though. everyone should go on upn.com to vote for her, she has 49 percent of viewers votes while the other girls are at 9 percent or less. she is liked by everyone. i still think there is a conspiracy behind them shaving her head bald. tyra would never give that kind of makeover to any of the black girls on there why nnenna? anyway, she is still ahead. I wish her all the best.
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by oby1384: 7:52am On Mar 27, 2006
you guys should not be fooled by nnenna's pictures, tyra picks the pictures so of course she will pick the ones that she wants viewers to see. the girl she doesn't like, i'm pretty show she will pick a bad picture of them and use that as an excuse to send them home. don't believe everthing you see. nnenna is the best. they very best. intelliegence, looks, u name it. if she does not win hey at least she got the exposure it's better than nothing. i hope they show more of her this wednesday. i'm sure she will win the next challenge.
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by Eastcoast(f): 1:17pm On Mar 27, 2006
@oby, i agree with you. that is what i was telling my friend. Even janice dickenson said something like that and that is why tyra removed her from been a judge.
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by larger20(m): 1:37pm On Mar 27, 2006
lets not be prejudice here becasue she is our own. She is not completley the best. Jade seems like it. BUt if Nnenna wins great! its something we need to be proud off. Infact for her to be in the top 6 is something to be proud of too!
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by chinani(f): 5:39pm On Mar 27, 2006
@ eastcoast

I was wondering why they ditched JANICE! Argh, that makes me kinda mad. . .ok, I'm over it but really I'm not impressed w/ Twiggy. I mean her name is Twiggy and I never knew what all the fuss over her was about.

I don't like Jade's look. It's not as versatile as some of the other girls. Like the judges keep saying, she's a bit transvestite/man-ish etc. She'll never or rarely do print work whereas some of the other grls can do runway & print work etc. I like BROOKE b/c of her original look (yea for not conventionally prett-y girls!), her attitude & b/c she's from my neck of the woods. Reppin' TX Baby! cheesy
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by oby1384: 9:04pm On Mar 27, 2006
i agree with you @ larger20, i'm sure nnenna is thankful for even making it to america's next top model, i would be in i were in her shoes. jade is okay looking, she has a nice body and a different look. i still frimly think that nnenna is more beautiful. picture jade with a bald head i mean come on. you saw the pictures the took with the bald look. eveyone is entitled to their own opinions.
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by oby1384: 9:07pm On Mar 27, 2006
what did janice say @ eastcoat? hmm i didn't even observe that she's not one of the judges any more.
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by larger20(m): 2:35am On Mar 28, 2006
oby1384:

i agree with you @ larger20, i'm sure nnenna is thankful for even making it to america's next top model, i would be in i were in her shoes. jade is okay looking, she has a nice body and a different look. i still frimly think that nnenna is more beautiful. picture jade with a bald head i mean come on. you saw the pictures the took with the bald look. eveyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Thank u ofcourse if this is politics, i will turn black into white to make nnenna win smiley
Re: Nnena, A Nigerian Girl, Is On America's Next Top Model by hotangel2(f): 5:22am On Mar 28, 2006
People!! cheesy, Janice dickinson is comming to the show this wednesday, and from what i see in the commercial, the whole light is gon be on Nnenna. OMG, she was having a photo shoot, a sexy photo shoot that is, it went out of control, and when they were in judging room she was like "i have a boyfriend".

Anyways, talking about they are trying to ditch nnenna, trust me, no one is ditching her, and she's not next to go, I'm sure of that. nnenna needs to show more personality, and not just be the "quiet chemist girl who's all brain, and only shows up and wants to have her photo shoot right. There's no harm in having a little fun and showing your personalities.

when you are quiet, so u won't do something that'll kick you off the show, you end up doing something that'll kick u off. Personality is what counts in being a top model. Don't get me wrong now, i ain't saying she should go all "shaniqua" and act crazy on the show. But she can do a lil better to put herself in the spotlight. If she wants to do it the all brains way, Talk in a brainy way, and tell me whether or not we wont see her all the time.

Hey besides, there r other girls they don't show, basically, the heat right now is on jade, furonda and gina. It shifts as time goes on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

How To Remove Dark Spots From The Face Naturall / Ugoji Catherine Mary-Nneamaka Crowned Miss Coal City Nigeria / Afro Vs Hi Top Fade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.