Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:11 PM

What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You (21624 Views)

How can I stop being broke in 2020? / What Has 2018 Taught You? / Tired Of Being Broke? See An Opportunity Many Nigerians Have Overlooked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by tochez24(m): 2:44pm On Apr 23
BlackyOne:

I know the relationship between yourself and your mom is strained, but find ways to strengthen it, send her more that would be befitting of a mother if you have it.

I don't care if you decide to cut all others off.

Did she strengthen our relationship when i was down and broke?

I remember one time when i was hustling to save up money, i asked my dad for some money(before he passed away) he said: he will think about it, i immediately knew he will tell my mum and later on my father declined my request.... damn i knew she was the one that persuaded him not to give me the money🎯

💔💔

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Threedoorsdown: 2:46pm On Apr 23
I have accounts but some cannot hold that huge funds due to the tupe5

I got a debit of 250k from my access and 200k from my gtb. The accounts were clearly not safe so i had to remove it but na mistake sha cos my siblings de dere.

It's just funny, lessons learnt
emmanuelewumi:

How can you have one bank account, why didn't you transfer the fund to another account, buy Money Market fund or FGN bonds with the fund.
How come you transferred the money to your baby mamas account.

I hope you are not a Simp.

You just learned the hard way .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Threedoorsdown: 2:46pm On Apr 23
Lessons learnt bro
jmichael259:

Nna mehn, opening another account or multiple accounts would have taken you less than 2hrs to run. How una dey get this kind mind self? Anyways lessons dun learn like you said.
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Jovi10: 2:56pm On Apr 23
tochez24:

My own mum called me lazy, and 3 three of my sisters were all misbehaving because i no hol bar... All my friends left and my babe back then finally broke up with me!!!!!

I see shege banza when my money finish, before god the magician did it for me again⚠️

I travelled and BLOCKED all of them ASAP!!!!

I only talk to my mum once in awhile and send peanuts for her because she carried me for 9 months, if not she too for don chop blocking🥴

Human beings are DISGUSTING creatures i tell you!!!!

My brother continue to keep your head up, e go click one day i tell you✅✅✅

I know how painful it can feel bro. But still in still they are your family you know. Forgive and forget. Show them you're a better human than they will ever be. May God keep raising you up.
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by GreatVocalist: 2:57pm On Apr 23
Badmashiii:

You are a big fool I'm not sorry to say. Normally,if you're smart you shouldn't help anyone unless you have something to gain.
And the best way to communicate your opinion is to insult me? You need help. The sooner you realize it, the better for you.
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by SweetDipBenny(m): 2:57pm On Apr 23
People are mean
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Princewill1(m): 3:01pm On Apr 23
As a man Embrace Pain & Suffering

Don't be terrified by it. Don't be shocked by it. Accept the fact that you won't excape it so far as you're alive as a man.

Understand that life as man is filled with pain and suffering. It can come from Extreme brokeness, Debt, Betrayals, Health problems, lawful or unlawful incarceration etc.

Your low moments is a blessing in disguise. Instead of getting depressed by it, use it as fuel to achieving your goals.

The idea that gave me the money I'm enjoying today came during my dark period. During low moments, your creative thinking get boosted and your survival instinct get high. Use them to recreate yourself instead of slipping into depression.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by RealTalker02: 3:09pm On Apr 23
tochez24:

My own mum called me lazy, and 3 three of my sisters were all misbehaving because i no hol bar... All my friends left and my babe back then finally broke up with me!!!!!

I see shege banza when my money finish, before god the magician did it for me again⚠️

I only talk to my mum once in awhile and send peanuts for her because she carried me for 9 months, if not she too for don chop blocking🥴

This is deep

Some people don't know the best time to stick with a man is when he is down, except the rare ungrateful ones, most men will never forget .

If you also do otherwise and treat a man like shit when he is down, he also won't forget

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Divoc19(f): 3:13pm On Apr 23
You just described my life. I never hammer still struggling but am learning how to be wicked on my daughters grave… that little 6year old can confess the world is wicked before she left me.

obinna58:

The thing Dey shock person to the inner core
My sister and brother Dey show me shege banza grin

You’ll be treated with high disregard and disrespect, you’ll be dared to do your worst, everything you do will be the most useless and stupid thing ever bcoz they’re trying to pepper you, if you not strong you die of heart attack, these are same people that use to love you and ready to do anything to help, one time you genuinely need their help and you’ll see their real personality is to pepper you for nothing sake except it gives them vibes to dominate, laugh and gossip about you. You’ll be wondering what you did to them.

Thanks there will still be someone who would be there for you, a genuine friend

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Princeokwuego1(m): 3:13pm On Apr 23
Similar to what am experiencing now.my baby baby refuse to bring my baby so i will see her for a year now because i dont provide like before.my gf left me to marry someone..i pack out from 2 bedroom flat to self con..everyday i think and miss my baby but i cant do anything so i have to remove her picture so i feel better yet i still feel pains all day.is not easy at all
Uche559:
Unnecessary excuse just to cover up one's poverty. My younger sister whom I senior with 10years was getting married I ve to lie that I was not given permission in the office. Even transport to travel home guy man no get......it's painful. Imagine me moving from a one bedroom flat to a single room and sold all my properties with a stupid excuse to my colleagues that am still single....my fiancee left this year, she could not endure anymore, but i had to lie to all those that knew us that our genotype does not match......

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by RealTalker02: 3:14pm On Apr 23
Threedoorsdown:
Someone that hasn't experience this will call u a liar, lol. Life is a lesson teacher

I used to think i had friends or colleagues. I resigned with over 12m saved but i was being debited on my accounts (250k, 200k). So before dem go tif my money finish, i transferred it to my baby mama pending when i resolve the account issue.

Before i could say jack, this woman has lost all my money. I had to sell my high end laptops and car sef.

Now the true color of everyone came out. Friends are the worse, the ones i bot fone for no de reach my house again. He comes every weekend cos we stay on d same street. Friends i de buy things for every weekend that i even dash money every and then stopped relating with me immediately. Hasn't called or chat.

The one wey dey come meet me borrow money every week wey i de even tell am to forget repayment embarrassed me cos he is now doing fine and i borrowed some funds and couldn't pay bak in time.

Only one or 2 colleagues reach out.

My siblings, two have been so supportive and encouraging. The other two wey i even place on salary for over 5 yrs no send me like dat.

My parents have been very wonderful mehn. They re lovely especially my mom. I just feel so sad i can't cater for her now but thank God dad is a pensioner

Street pple wey i de support financially nko i, lol.

Brokeness willq teach u lesson and u must learn

The moment God lifts me up again, i would not revenge or stop being good but omoooooooooo, i will always put myself first o. Big lessons mehn

It's interesting how you have already noted each person and how they treated you. This is what many don't know, that man whom is down is keeping records

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Polynek(m): 3:18pm On Apr 23
tochez24:

You wouldn't HV blocked them, so that they can see how life changes
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by HRHQueenPhil(f): 3:19pm On Apr 23
ONE THING people dont know is those family members were used by GOD 2 make u uncomfortable and push u 2 be great
i WISH YOUR EYES WAS opened in the spirit to see how things work...even JOSEPH saw shege ..pls forgive them and dont punish them harshly
now u are in a better place, be a blessing...2033167435 kuda GOD BLESS U
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by tochez24(m): 3:27pm On Apr 23
Polynek:

You wouldn't HV blocked them, so that they can see how life changes

They have all seen enough on my social media pages bro⚠️

I just don't want direct calls or texts from any of them💯

Even most of them, esp girls that betrayed me back then are all in my sm DMs, i don't even get to open their messages talkless of reading or replying them!!!

You all should be very careful of women out there💀

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by zudozz: 3:30pm On Apr 23
emperor4love:
Lol bro, buy log from vendors,fbdating is there,Instagram with page is there,hookup site u post ads is there but in all,clear ur way shaaa,cos as ppl de go church fr success naso u go dey so bro,with this ,u fit de collect 10metres say e bad every month through billing oooh ,den u com get cl way get cra,idme,better cc or better old chase.....go price car find house for lekki dem dey pay 5metres monthly...anyone way tell u street no de pay,no tell u update but on that shaaa no be say our mind de am or we like de work ,omo man gets to survive

Tankx bro grin

But I no like dating. I feel say d level don cast since d time wey military dating cast.
I no mind email, blasting, facebook lotto, some story that initiate transaction.

I get one boy for Oshodi wey bin wan sell old fb account for me, even give me link wey i go dey blast but codeine and tramadol no gree am. Everytime he go dey ask me for money, if I give am he go use am go do drugs, he no go keep to wetin we discuss, upon say him know something. Na im tell me abt idme for d 1st time, wire checkere etc! abeg i need a system wey go dey bring yankee clients under any story. Then leave me n them!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by eepeepook: 3:33pm On Apr 23
That there’s nothing sweeter than financial independence.

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:34pm On Apr 23
Threedoorsdown:
I have accounts but some cannot hold that huge funds due to the tupe5

I got a debit of 250k from my access and 200k from my gtb. The accounts were clearly not safe so i had to remove it but na mistake sha cos my siblings de dere.

It's just funny, lessons learnt

You can freeze your account through the App, you unfreeze when you need fund. With that nobody can move fund out of your account.
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Skyehigher1: 3:37pm On Apr 23
That's what am passing through now now now a very tough time but is not new to me that is why I keep my head up to make sure I reach my future destination passing through hell now is not new to my life because that is the part of life

1 Like

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Goldbw122(m): 3:38pm On Apr 23
You will feel like you don't have any one in this world, and that is actually true, no one want to relate with a broke man.. when you don't have money that is when you know that no one, not even your pastor, family is your friends.. but when you have money, you don't need to have a camera phone to snap a picture..

3 Likes

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by placeofallure(f): 3:49pm On Apr 23
Caleycash:
Truth!, but you see that "Arrogance" that's what you need when you're doing well!, people who didn't aid you in anyway and feel entitled to your money deserve it!, it's also a great tool to checkmate manipulative and blackmailing people, they will smell your energy from far, Arrogance has its own benefits when utilised well!

No you didn't get it. That arrogance Ehn, I mean when you are still struggling to make it, don't be too proud to do any kind of job within the ambience of the law, don't see any job as beneath you, you never can tell.
I used to hawk wares, I used to serve food at parties and wash the plates afterwards, I used to do laundry service before (Local Alagbafọ) I used to do background vocalists for musicians. Those things don't deter me, I know where I'm going. I'm still going o. I believe in my own hands. If anyone gives me fine, if not, it's also fine. That's why I always say even if I marry a Dangote, I'll work. I can't stay idle it's a taboo. If you have made your money and you want to add a tinge of arrogance to it, it's fine but be careful.

2 Likes

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by sheDD(m): 3:52pm On Apr 23
Godsonkemz:
That was when I completed nysc and could not boast of 30k in the account. I was reduced lower than a church rat. Even church rat could afford to eat left over food in the church.

After exhausting the little I raised during NYSC, searching for jobs, I was left with nothing.

But God changed my story.

Funny enough then I was broke, I had more good female friends who wished I had money than now.
i wish u can throw more light in ur "after nysc life"
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by schoolboymatt(m): 3:54pm On Apr 23
nobody trury gives a f.

money must be nurtured.
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by emperor4love(m): 3:54pm On Apr 23
zudozz:

Tankx bro grin

But I no like dating. I feel say d level don cast since d time wey military dating cast.
I no mind email, blasting, facebook lotto, some story that initiate transaction.

I get one boy for Oshodi wey bin wan sell old fb account for me, even give me link wey i go dey blast but codeine and tramadol no gree am. Everytime he go dey ask me for money, if I give am he go use am go do drugs, he no go keep to wetin we discuss, upon say him know something. Na im tell me abt idme for d 1st time, wire checkere etc! abeg i need a system wey go dey bring yankee clients under any story. Then leave me n them!
Lol go run hookup ads or run apartment, all those lotto na strong body ip bro,evian gas to be strong no be debate work u nd cl, run that two I giv u, just buy number carry btc go post ,wait fr dem reply u go run
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Monaboo(m): 4:02pm On Apr 23
1) Nobody else cares about you except your immediate family.

2) Giving is a Spirit. Not everybody has the Spirit.

3) Everything in life is vanity. And I mean everything. Except food to eat, cloth to wear and a shelter over your head.

4) Do not only remember God when it is well with you. Remember God all the time.

4 Likes

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Boldideas: 4:20pm On Apr 23
It taught me common sense

1 Like

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by 2mininuP: 4:20pm On Apr 23
You know true love, from From wife, friends and siblings.
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by holarmylekan(m): 4:40pm On Apr 23
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
All man for himself....

Walai
If you go think say someone dey for you, na jogodo you enter be that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by Futureyahooboi(m): 4:59pm On Apr 23
YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN THATS THE TRUTH

1 Like

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by roqrules04(m): 5:02pm On Apr 23
I remember in 2018 I sent my Step-brother 1M Naira so we could do biz together. He fumbled the money and couldn't account for it, which made me sad and delayed alot of my projects .

Now he's broke and expecting me to help him, family members are also asking me to forgive and forget. Although I've forgiven him but it's not possible to forget.

So how is it possible to help that kind of person. Whenever he asks for help again from me I always remember that sad period in my life cos it's like he duped me .

I learnt no one is really trustworthy when it involves money. And I've learnt to always say NO cos you can never help everyone

8 Likes

Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by noble2faith(m): 5:08pm On Apr 23
Threedoorsdown:
Someone that hasn't experience this will call u a liar, lol. Life is a lesson teacher

I used to think i had friends or colleagues. I resigned with over 12m saved but i was being debited on my accounts (250k, 200k). So before dem go tif my money finish, i transferred it to my baby mama pending when i resolve the account issue.

Before i could say jack, this woman has lost all my money. I had to sell my high end laptops and car sef.

Now the true color of everyone came out. Friends are the worse, the ones i bot fone for no de reach my house again. He comes every weekend cos we stay on d same street. Friends i de buy things for every weekend that i even dash money every and then stopped relating with me immediately. Hasn't called or chat.

The one wey dey come meet me borrow money every week wey i de even tell am to forget repayment embarrassed me cos he is now doing fine and i borrowed some funds and couldn't pay bak in time.

Only one or 2 colleagues reach out.

My siblings, two have been so supportive and encouraging. The other two wey i even place on salary for over 5 yrs no send me like dat.

My parents have been very wonderful mehn. They re lovely especially my mom. I just feel so sad i can't cater for her now but thank God dad is a pensioner

Street pple wey i de support financially nko i, lol.

Brokeness willq teach u lesson and u must learn

The moment God lifts me up again, i would not revenge or stop being good but omoooooooooo, i will always put myself first o. Big lessons mehn

Please, expansiate the bolded.
Re: What’s The Biggest Lesson Being Broke Has Taught You by MatthiasChin: 5:11pm On Apr 23
Hunger just like the Sun no send you it keeps doing it's thing....

If you no find remedy on time hunger go disorganize your brain, push harder and eventually weaken you and then take your life...

Work to feed thyself first, then with a filled stomach plan your way out of the trenches...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

For Uba Afri Card Users Only / Lagos Govt. Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market / Eniola Adenuga And Damilola Ogun Child Custody Battle: Police Arrest Damilola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.