Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,632 members, 7,834,076 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? (44561 Views)

The Only Type Of Nigerian Who Will Enjoy The Japa Lifestyle Of The West / The Japa After The Japa / Nigerian Youths And The ‘Japa’ Syndrome, By Fredrick Nwabufo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by anamo: 4:34am On Apr 27
franchasofficia:
UK has adjusted their immigration policy and made it unattractive to most Nigerian Japarians.

Canada did same.

US has been a no go area since Trump's regime.

Germany is now delaying visa appointments, same with most other European countries.

When you join these points with high inflation making naira to lose its value, tell me how else you expect average Nigerians to japa?

US has been so hard cuz they no dey give visa again. It’s like they’ve shadowbaned the green passport, but keep collecting money from us for visa — you’re spending nothing less than 1M+ trying to get appointment, especially if you are thinking of the student route — yet denied. Go to Walter Carrington around 6AM to 8AM, and see crowd , only to get denied and money wasted. Most Nigerians now will rather use their money chop fish and open shop for their wives to be selling beans and rice than to waste such money on American visa

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by anamo: 4:37am On Apr 27
Gerrard59:

The US has always been tough to migrate to legally and establish a stable residency. Even other white folks find it hard to emigrate to the US legally. The economic downturn has exacerbated things. H1B quotas have not been increased, and other legal routes take so much time due to clogs within the system.

The world is going to be more competitive as time goes on. Make people know how dem dey fvck o.

US has been so hard cuz they no dey give visa again. It’s like they’ve shadowbaned the green passport, but keep collecting money from us for visa — you’re spending nothing less than 1M+ trying to get appointment, especially if you are thinking of the student route — yet denied. Go to Walter Carrington around 6AM to 8AM, and see crowd , only to get denied and money wasted. Most Nigerians now will rather use their money chop fish and open shop for their wives to be selling beans and rice than to waste such money on American visa
Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by BigDawsNet: 7:56am On Apr 27
anamo:
Who else notice that the japa noise has reduced these days? Or people no longer japa again ? Before, anywhere you go on twitter you’ll see things like “I don’t get these things, I just talk to a man who sold his 5 duplexes and 500 cars and 6 businesses in Nigeria to relocate to UK permanently “ “new dispensation”

Is it that people no longer japa ir they’re hiding it now?

Exchange rates has double

Uk is d moat destination.. they hav stooped dependent visa

Countries are tightening dia borders

12 Likes

Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by seanwilliam(m): 8:41am On Apr 27
Gerrard59:

The US has always been tough to migrate to legally and establish a stable residency. Even other white folks find it hard to emigrate to the US legally. The economic downturn has exacerbated things. H1B quotas have not been increased, and other legal routes take so much time due to clogs within the system.

The world is going to be more competitive as time goes on. Make people know how dem dey fvck o .
brrrrrrro… 😂😂
U don see the future

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by Eshera: 9:33pm On Apr 27
People are too broke to travel
Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by ClearFlair: 9:33pm On Apr 27
anamo:
Who else notice that the japa noise has reduced these days? Or people no longer japa again ? Before, anywhere you go on social media you’ll see things like “I don’t get these things, I just talk to a man who sold his 5 duplexes and 500 cars and 6 businesses in Nigeria to relocate to UK permanently “ “new dispensation”

Lol... people are still moving o

2 Likes

Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by franchasofficia: 9:35pm On Apr 27
pansophist:
Those that have money are doing it codely.

I have about five people in my hands that I am processing japa for through the student route. They don't make noise, because silence is security.

Japa happens, all the time. People leave the airport every day, they just choose not to make noise.
The rate has reduced drastically ever since UK implemented that their draconian international student visa policy that you cannot bring your spouse or children as a foreign student. They further reduced the figure through the caregivers work visa policy that restricted those on care visa sponsorship from bringing their dependents. If you add this to the revised red list Nigerian healthcare workers were put in by the WHO which UK healthcare employers are adhering to strictly, then you will realize that UK is now a no go area for Nigerian Japarians lol

Canada also reviewed their student visa process, making it more stricter, plus the increased living cost. All these put more pressure on European countries who then reciprocated silently with delayed visa appointments and increased admission denials to foreign students from Africa.

But like you said, some highly placed and financially buoyant Nigerians are still migrating but the rate is no longer much when compared to 2022 to 2023

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by Quebec91(m): 9:35pm On Apr 27
cheesy
Bongadu:
Na mumu day japa

Everything good in naija
Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by IbeOkehie: 9:39pm On Apr 27
tensazangetsu20:
Exchange rate palava. Also immigration policies have become very stringent now.

Exactly. It's informative to go check out Nairaland Anti-Jakpa threads from 2007, 2012, 2015, 2019. It was much easier to migrate legally from Nigeria but some were deceived into thinking Nigeria will get better. Alas, the results are out and very clear.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by Quebec91(m): 9:40pm On Apr 27
cheesy abi.. no mind am
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah but people are complaining they aren't even getting the jobs so what's the essence of a night shift earning more than in Nigeria if the job no dey.

1 Like

Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by femi4: 9:40pm On Apr 27
anamo:
Who else notice that the japa noise has reduced these days? Or people no longer japa again ? Before, anywhere you go on social media you’ll see things like “I don’t get these things, I just talk to a man who sold his 5 duplexes and 500 cars and 6 businesses in Nigeria to relocate to UK permanently “ “new dispensation”

UK has shut the border

Students n care workers can no longer bring dependants

It's more expensive now

4 Likes

Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by Mcslize: 9:42pm On Apr 27
Cost of japa has risen maybe that's why. But any way, we are not backing down, come rain, come sun. ☀️

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by Mcslize: 9:45pm On Apr 27
Bongadu:
Na mumu day japa

Everything good in naija

Lol! See weti weed dey cause. Too much weed is not good bro.

5 Likes

Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by Hezmatosky: 9:45pm On Apr 27
Tinubu regime is doing us well. There's job for graduates and business for artisans. Prices of food stuffs has collapse to almost 90%, they've turn Nigeria to mega city and the other one is gradually dealing with insecurity in Bornu. I mean why do I need to Japan? grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by peterboro: 9:46pm On Apr 27
E DON CAST!
Visa denial at high.
No more dependants.
Exchange rate too high.

OUR FATHERLAND UK ARE JUST CHANGING THEIR POLICIES UP and DOWN EVERY WEEK.

5 Likes

Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by chatinent: 9:47pm On Apr 27
Team Canada.🙂

2 Likes

Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by poiu44: 9:47pm On Apr 27
ThìsGlobe.com

1 Like

Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by year2013: 9:49pm On Apr 27
Bongadu:
Na mumu day japa

Everything good in naija

Especially now that Nigeria economy is booming abi. Mumu

5 Likes

Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by omoadeleye(m): 9:51pm On Apr 27
Dollars rate fe pa iya everybody

3 Likes

Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by qtguru(m): 9:51pm On Apr 27
People are still leaving, for now it's mostly those who have remote jobs or expatriates, because we have a Malta group and everytime there's always a new Nigerian joining the nomad group.

1 Like

Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by LOVEGINO(m): 9:52pm On Apr 27
Bongadu:
Na mumu day japa

Everything good in naija
I am telling u. See free toto everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by maasoap(m): 9:54pm On Apr 27
Naira losing value and foreign countries, most especially UK raising the various amounts of fees being paid by aspiring japa people. And the stoppage of couple undergraduate student visa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by remsonik(f): 9:55pm On Apr 27
Alot of people I know in my childhood days and while growing up don japa finish. Alot of them are running all around those countries as the immigration hasn't grant them full citizenship over there. Alot of them over there are complaining of hyperinflation and advising Nigerians here not to japa anymore. They're mostly doing that to make sure the number of migrants reduced and they can get much more income in their pockets.

As for me I wish to make it,get successful in nigeria and grow to a state whereby I won't have to struggle to travel outside the country and anywhere I wish to go to their doors will always open for me

18 Likes

Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by JapaPrince: 9:55pm On Apr 27
What we saw was a surge due to COVID restrictions, JAPA is still business as usual.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by chopnaira: 9:57pm On Apr 27
So you did not hear that the UK has locked up.
Australia too has locked up.
And Canada is in the process of locking up.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by otherway: 9:57pm On Apr 27
tensazangetsu20:

UK is just an overrated country. Aside the presence of electricity I dont even see the difference between Nigeria and the UK. I have friends in the UK with the same experience level as I am and they cant even get a job interview despite being there for more than a year o. They will be saying UK experience. As if the javascript written in the UK is different from the one written in Nigeria. Canada is a much better place but an extremely difficult place to survive if you arent well loaded. Australia has made great changes to its post study scheme. I am so glad I followed an uncommon route and I like it so far.

You and those who gave you likes are myopic.

6 Likes

Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by Dennisochampa: 9:58pm On Apr 27
Exchange rate and economic hardship....

Werin suppose be 10m before na like 15 to 18m now.... Not easy to come by these days

4 Likes

Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by bizhop01: 9:58pm On Apr 27
Why not visit embassies to find out

1 Like

Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by Clintonpaul: 10:04pm On Apr 27
What's the uncommon route bro let me know if I will try luck

tensazangetsu20:

UK is just an overrated country. Aside the presence of electricity I dont even see the difference between Nigeria and the UK. I have friends in the UK with the same experience level as I am and they cant even get a job interview despite being there for more than a year o. They will be saying UK experience. As if the javascript written in the UK is different from the one written in Nigeria. Canada is a much better place but an extremely difficult place to survive if you arent well loaded. Australia has made great changes to its post study scheme. I am so glad I followed an uncommon route and I like it so far.

1 Like

Re: What’s Happening To The Japa Wave In Nigeria?? by DeltaBachelor(m): 10:07pm On Apr 27
Nsjs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

New Pedestrian Bridge Along The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Lagos / Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k / So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.