Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,673 members, 7,878,970 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 10:26 AM

My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues (26286 Views)

His Wife Always Gets Angry Because He Leaves The Bed / Help !! My Wife Removes Her Ring Anytime We Have A Quarrel / Neighbours Flog Man Who Beats His Wife Always (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by bnbash(m): 3:26pm On Apr 30
Valoromega:
I've been married for 2 years now with a new born baby. the issue now is that anytime we have issues my wife always threatens to leave.
she will arrange and bag and say she's leaving. this has happened more tha 4 times, basically anytime we have issues as a couple.

She will say she's still young and she can't take any nonsense in marriage, Mind u i have never hit her before so this isnt a case of domestic violence, just normal couples issue.

I'm tired of this and i'm thinking about my options right now, I want to tell her to leave but she should drop my child for me. she can't use our marriage as a threat everytime we have issues
Some Women are like that sometimes though. My advice is that keep managing her like that and be patient with her. In most cases it's the anger control that they lack but truly it's not that she wants to leave or she's tired of the marriage except of you are hurting her physically of emotionally. If you are patient with her then you both will be happy but if you fail to tolerate her now then you both together with your little baby will not be happy because of separation.
Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by AZControversial(m): 3:27pm On Apr 30
Desusi:
Hmmm,there's no doubt, somebody,somewhere is encouraging her seriously. Peradventure, he may be telling her, 'she is still young'according to her statement.I want to ask if she's contributing 50% in the house? Or, is she the one who is authoritative ? All these are the reasons women gain advantage over the husband. Nonetheless, identify causes of your argument with her.Call her in the zero hour in the night and bear your mind over her incessant nagging. Where these fail, let her go for a leave of absence for sometimes. I would never encourage you to divorce her as a Christian, God hate being put away.

undecided

If she was even contributing 50% in the house or being authoritative like you asked, she'd have been bossing him in that house not threatening to leave.

She crossed the line by threatening to leave. No amount of talking can change that. Like some have said, her mind was made up long ago.
Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by Zion243(m): 3:28pm On Apr 30
She will definitely leave one day.
Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by dreamworld: 3:29pm On Apr 30
Is too much seeing, that's y I don't want want my wife to be seeing me everyday
Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by reservd(m): 3:30pm On Apr 30
Valoromega:
I've been married for 2 years now with a new born baby. the issue now is that anytime we have issues my wife always threatens to leave.
she will arrange and bag and say she's leaving. this has happened more tha 4 times, basically anytime we have issues as a couple.

She will say she's still young and she can't take any nonsense in marriage, Mind u i have never hit her before so this isnt a case of domestic violence, just normal couples issue.

I'm tired of this and i'm thinking about my options right now, I want to tell her to leave but she should drop my child for me. she can't use our marriage as a threat everytime we have issues
Let her go next time she threatens you. Do not ever beg her to stay, just dont give her the money for transport, dont touch her bags, allow her do her packing out herself, she will not try it again. Even if she carried out the threat, keep your cool, when she finally decide to have sense, she will beg you for reconciliation
Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by okomile(f): 3:31pm On Apr 30
No be by force
If she wants to go, let her go jor

Plenty better babes dey out there
Shior

Unless u r a shim grin grin
Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by Proserpina: 3:31pm On Apr 30
22 year old faargin at it again grin grin grin grin grin grin

Op sorry o cheesy
Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by kunle75(m): 3:32pm On Apr 30
Valoromega:

Bro for your sanity sake, you can co-parent without any problem.
You don't want to die of hypertension
Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by FrontPageLawyer(m): 3:33pm On Apr 30
Don’t waste your time. She will eventually leave. That’s all I can tell you.
Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by royalfly(m): 3:35pm On Apr 30
JayEdm:
Op,those pple telling you to allow her leave r not married o. If u like goan take yeye advice. Sit her down and let her know there r better ways to handle your conflicts. If she insists on leaving,follow her go. Dnt mind all these kids yarning dust

I don't think u married or have any marraige exprlorience either. That woman will eventually leave.. the only thing that would change that is the quality of family she is from. And that's a 50 50 chance. We have seen this replay over time. U can't keep a woman who does not want to be kept
Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by Guynexttdoor: 3:37pm On Apr 30
I bet you she will leave someday lipsrsealed
Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by FireUpNow(m): 3:47pm On Apr 30
Let her quit now. You dey beg her unto wetin? U get time.
Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by ukaface(f): 3:47pm On Apr 30
Valoromega:

Make she comot
When her eyes see Wetin outside she go know
Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by Faposky95: 3:49pm On Apr 30
diogo23:

Something somewhere is giving her hope , One day let her leave , stop keeping someone where she or he don't want to stay

Tell her to do one last thing.....
That she gives you her fone so you can copy Schidima' s number ........
Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by sexy74(m): 3:50pm On Apr 30
Valoromega:

My brother it is too early for you to be going through this.
If what you are saying is truth any time she packs her bag that she is going, give her transport fare and tell her never to come back.

She is young make she enter street, she go know say the street are not smiling.
Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by TableLeg(m): 3:50pm On Apr 30
Valoromega:

Let her live bro.
Next time she brings it up, help her pack her bags and show her the door.
Look after yourself, and your kid.
Best wishes.
Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by lalalista: 4:05pm On Apr 30
Women are now getting wiser
Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by ola9ja(m): 4:07pm On Apr 30
Your wife is going through post partum depression, with anxiety of being a mother at her age.

I understand that you are not a switch that when ever she swing her mood you will switch towards her part, though it’s worrisome, but you will need to go and buy a lot of patience from where ever you can find it, you will need to be intentional about caring , loving and taking care of her, that’s what she needs now so that she can come out of the situation.

I have been through this and I’m coming out stronger.

However if it’s not PPD, then when ever she tells you she wants to leave, tell her to go that you don’t care, give her the wedding certificate, tell her that 1000 of your exes are ready to take care of your child, she will think twice and readjust, more over she has more to loose at the longer term.

Valoromega:

1 Like

Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by millionboi(m): 4:09pm On Apr 30
Valoromega:

just dey play along make she born children for you finish,make the money weh you for take marry her no waste then send her away.
Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by edgeP(m): 4:12pm On Apr 30
MrCork:

Is she lightskin? angry
went to Geogia Tech?
Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by Buffalo2(m): 4:17pm On Apr 30
My problem is that irrespective of people's pieces of advice here, the OP will still not be courageous enough to take the bull by the horns. So the harassment will continue till eternity.
Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by WILLIAMS488: 4:18pm On Apr 30
my wife use to tell me the same thing..until one day i was man enough to tell her she is free to leave..she was quite for sometime at the end of the day she did not go anywhere and that was the last time she threaten me that she is leaving my house.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by mosicola(m): 4:19pm On Apr 30
thesicilian:

Next time once she packs her bag over trivial issues call an Uber for her and help her move her stuff into the car. Even let her go with the baby. Then call her parents and inform them she's on her way. As long as you keep begging her not to leave, as long as she knows that she can always use the threat of leaving to gain advantage over you, you'll never hear the last of it.
you said it all. Case closed.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by gabicon: 4:21pm On Apr 30
Valoromega:

I think your wife may be a little immature, all leaving the marriage drama, is simply aimed at getting your attention. She simply wants to feel like the prize she truly is. It is one thing to get her to stop saying this, it's another thing for her to shift to another gimmick of attention seeking. I will suggest you solve the problem from it's roots, the next time she says she wants to leave do not stand in her way, let her go, don't say any hurtful words to her just an ok. Two things different scenarios will play out. The first is that she realises that her bluff isn't working again and the second is that she truly leaves. If she does leave immediately call the father or father figure in and let him know his daughter has dumped the marriage and is on her way to his house (make sure you control the narrative).

She will eventually come back, before she does, make sure you have a conversation on effective communication, arguements, and outbursts. That conversation should set the tone for communication. You will be shocked that her agitation comes from you raising your voice or stuffs like that.

Please remember your child needs the both of you, you are not the problem, she is not the problem, effective communication is the problem, so fix it.
Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by danzaki63: 4:25pm On Apr 30
How can you allow a woman, no matter how beautiful or rich, she is to be blackmailing you? She still has her eyes outside, someone is still woeing her. Let her go and never allow her to come back.make it known to her that if she leaves, she wont come back as your wife again, then she will come back to her senses. meanwhile was she the one who married you or you married her? e get why i dey ask.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by Mortiple(m): 4:29pm On Apr 30
Dear friend,
Please NEVER you beg a woman not to leave. Allow her to do what she pleases.
If not, you will beg and beg all your life.
It is better she does it now so that you too can move on.
Someone might think I am 'wicked'. Not at all. Experience is the best teacher.
Let her satisfy her curiosity. You can actually do with her. Unfortunately, you may not have the balls.
Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by rollywise(m): 4:32pm On Apr 30
Next time she wants to leave, don't stop her. So long you not the one that threw out her things, let her go with the child. She came into the marriage with plan A, B and C. Once she leaves, inform her people and one she spends a night out of your house, demand your bride price from her parents. When she has exhausted her options and seen what single divorced mothers see outside, she'll know there's a difference between a single mother and a single divorced mother
Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by Lexusgs430: 4:40pm On Apr 30
Valoromega:

If she wants to leave, let her go...... Head to court and arrange sharing formula for your child.......
Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by callmenazarene: 4:49pm On Apr 30
Na normal normal for new couple. If she tries that again, tell her to leave immediately, her brain go enter factory settings.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by pansophist(m): 5:00pm On Apr 30
Your wife will learn

Those men outside giving her hope, who are tempting her to break her marriage, will teach her a very bitter lesson about men, which is that men just want to fork, not privatize a woman, especially when she already has a child.

Women confuse attention from men with a desire for marriage. In the same way, men confuse a woman being friendly with romantic interest. Lots of men have no standards when it comes to sex and will betray their morality for it.

They will tempt a married woman, promise her marriage, then fork and leave her for nothing. I only pray your wife is not stupid.

If she threatens you again, facilitate her move. Make your balls work for once. But tell her to drop your baby. Your mother can help you take care of the child. And if she returns, depending on the situation of things, you might accept her back.

That's the only cure. Begging will take you nowhere. Don't beg on nonsense.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by GloriousGbola: 5:03pm On Apr 30
thesicilian:

Next time once she packs her bag over trivial issues call an Uber for her and help her move her stuff into the car. Even let her go with the baby. Then call her parents and inform them she's on her way. As long as you keep begging her not to leave, as long as she knows that she can always use the threat of leaving to gain advantage over you, you'll never hear the last of it.

Problem is she likely learned it from watching her mother do the same to her dad. So the parents may not be any help.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues by anonimi: 5:11pm On Apr 30
pansophist:
Your wife will learn grin

Those men outside giving her hope, who are tempting her to break her marriage, will teach her a very bitter lesson about men, which is that men just want to fork, not privatize a woman, especially when she already has a child.

Women confuse attention from men with a desire for marriage. In the same way, men confuse a woman being friendly with romantic interest. Lots of men have no standards when it comes to sex and will betray their morality for it.

They will tempt a married woman, promise her marriage, then fork and leave her for nothing. I only pray your wife is not stupid. grin

If she threatens you again, facilitate her move. Make your balls work for once. But tell her to drop your baby. Your mother can help you take care of the child. And if she returns, depending on the situations of things, you might accept her back.

That's the only cure. Begging will take you nowhere. Don't beg on nonsense.

Please what are the kind of situations that might make her acceptable back after she has abandoned the husband and baby to get fcvked by other men

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cobbler And His Wife Welcome Triplets In Uyo, Cry For Help (pics) / What These Kids Are Doing In Private Will Shock You / What Is That Thing You Don't Pray Your Children Inherits From You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.