Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,727 members, 7,882,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 06:19 AM

Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 (20503 Views)

Zulum Offers Christma Package To Soldiers A Day After Clash With Military (Pics) / Lagos Government Begins House-to-house Sharing Of Stimulus Package To The Aged / Femi Gbajabiamila Gives "Christmas Package" To His Constituents (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by Islie: 11:08am On Apr 30
A harmonised new minimum national wage may be ready on or before President Bola Tinubu’s first anniversary on May 29.
A source in the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF) which made this known to The Nation yesterday, said the new wage would meet the nation’s current economic reality.

The government’s representatives on the Bukar Goni Aji-led tripartite committee met yesterday to consider the proposals presented by the Organised Labour on the issue.

The source, who did not divulge specific information from the meeting, said: “They want to ensure that there’s a reasonable, realistic minimum wage. They’ll be having another meeting in another few days and that’s because they want to ensure that something happens on or before May 29.

The way the discussions are going, the focus is to ensure that Nigerian workers have something reasonable to meet the economic reality of now. This is one of the things the members are harping on.

“I am sure before or on May 29, they should be able to come up with something reasonable that will gladden the hearts of Nigerians.”

Vice President Kashim Shettima inaugurated the tripartite committee on January 30 at the State House, Abuja.

The committee has federal and state governments, Organised Labour, and the private sector representatives as members.

https://thenationonlineng.net/minimum-wage-harmonised-package-to-be-ready-may-29/#google_vignette

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by PressMyButton: 11:14am On Apr 30
Asiwaju JA GA BAN.

I hope it doesn't trigger inflation a bit upward, I rather it is not publicly announced.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by thesicilian: 11:20am On Apr 30
Can't be more than 100k

7 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by ivandragon: 11:57am On Apr 30
N195K should be the minimum as long as the government can keep prices at present levels...

If not, even N1m minimum wage would have no effect.

9 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by Righthussle: 11:59am On Apr 30
We go hear another story by that 29th May.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by MrProlific95: 12:21pm On Apr 30
For more Jokes type RHINO OMOKERY TO 419

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by ravensckar(m): 2:07pm On Apr 30
TINUBU has finally realized that it will be his ONE YEAR in OFFICE very soon. Since he has no laudable achievement to boast of, he has resorted to all these LAST MINUTE GRAGRA to please his f00lish supporters.

How funny can governance be? As clueless as BUHARI was, he's still better than TINUBU. EVen Buhari too wouldn't believe that there's anyone on this surface of the Earth that can be more useless than him. Tinubu has really shattered all bad records of governance. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Economy - 20%
Poverty Rate - 95%
Insecurity - 90%
Healthcare - 30% (Thanks to our many disease resistant genes as Nigerians).
Power - 5%
Education - 5% (see as children fail UTME scatter scatter).
Propaganda - 99%
Promise & Fail (I will do this, I will do that) - 99%
Blame game - 99%.

Oh! Lest I forget, this TINUBU 1 year anniversary will favour me and my family. cheesy cheesy cheesy

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by Gbadugbakun(m): 2:08pm On Apr 30
Shebi they said he would announce the new minimum wage on the first of May. First don reach dem don shift am go 29th.

Yeye government. undecided

15 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by id4sho(m): 2:08pm On Apr 30
Tinubu ehhhhhh tongue
Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by CodeTemplar: 2:08pm On Apr 30
Print n pay idlers.
Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by AngelSlay: 2:09pm On Apr 30
I need 6 CV's for 2 years Experience Accountant

Sector: Furniture and Interior Decoration

Salary: #200k Net

Please 3 Female and 3 Male

Send a WhatsApp message+234 703 830 5102
Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by adioolayi(m): 2:09pm On Apr 30
Indirectly saying no news should be expected concerning this tomorrow...the Workers Day??

3 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by Bobloco: 2:09pm On Apr 30
angry
Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by PlasmaTV: 2:09pm On Apr 30
Lies
Tinubu and his cronies will squeeze every citizen.

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by tuoyoojo(m): 2:09pm On Apr 30
These guys are playing with workers o

Fuel price increase....they did it immediately

Price in electricity traffic.....done with no qualms

Inflation....galloping effortlessly

Increase in salary....them dey turn wrorkers like barber's chair...them put them for "is coming"

APC na "Post Master General"

Keeping the masses in perpetual expectancy mood with nothing to show for it

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by 900warriorz: 2:10pm On Apr 30
If them increase minimum wage pass N100k before May 29 make I bend cheesy

Hit like if you believe they will increse minimum wage above 100k, Hit share if you believe it is a scam as usual grin

10 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by Nackzy: 2:10pm On Apr 30
We don tire

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by yankison(m): 2:10pm On Apr 30
PressMyButton:
Asiwaju JA GA BAN.

I hope it doesn't trigger inflation a bit upward, I rather it is not publicly announced.

Oloshi still de shout asiwaju .. Which kind leader be this ..ever since from one prpem to another

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by virginboy1(m): 2:11pm On Apr 30
Minimum wage...another distractions for 2024...After Dollar rise and fall...Fall and Rise

Unserious Government and Labour

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by Lanretoye(m): 2:12pm On Apr 30
Na posting be this again?,workers should just go on strike until the may29 jare

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by AdamuKD: 2:12pm On Apr 30
grin
IJIOTS
Harmonize kee una generation there
Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by Melagros(m): 2:12pm On Apr 30
COMRADES, I don't believe it, until I see it

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by Honestey: 2:13pm On Apr 30
Really?
Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by Hotzone(m): 2:14pm On Apr 30
I stand on 650k minimum wage or nothing

5 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by Nice2023(m): 2:14pm On Apr 30
PressMyButton:
Asiwaju JA GA BAN.

How can it trigger inflation when ur politicians are padding budgets it doesn't and yaya bello steals to the tune of 80billion it still doesn't trigger the inflation but workers own is what would trigger abi?

U guys hate yourselves.

I can see why the rich hardly antagonised themselves.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by AcadaWriter: 2:15pm On Apr 30
Can't be more than 100k ... Ah, need help with your academic papers? Contact us.
Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by Thomthom(m): 2:16pm On Apr 30
NLC and FG just using workers to catch cruise

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by David160(m): 2:16pm On Apr 30
thesicilian:
Can't be more than 100k

50k or 60k

6 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by Negroid001(m): 2:16pm On Apr 30
I earn quite standard and i can tell you this minimum wage can never be enough.
Some People's monthly earning is what i spend on data.
Person never marry oo. I don't have a child either.

These government workers have families they're taking care of. How do expect them not to take out the frustration on us?

4 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by Tobest94: 2:17pm On Apr 30
PressMyButton:
Asiwaju JA GA BAN.

minimum wage should not be publicly announced . Are you serious at all?
Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by chopnaira: 2:18pm On Apr 30
Nice
Re: Minimum Wage: Harmonised Package To Be Ready May 29 by able20(m): 2:20pm On Apr 30
I don't believe Tinubu can do more than what he's doing today.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded / Femi Fani-kayode: A Nation Of Perverts And paedophiles / "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.