Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,745 members, 7,879,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 02:32 PM

Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral (59799 Views)

NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike / This Is A Picture Of Abacha, Tinubu And MKO Abiola That Was Taken In 1994 / Mustapha Abacha Remains First Child To Be Born In Aso Rock In 1994(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by CaptainFM1: 10:40pm On May 02
What exactly are they seeking for?
We already have her submission of 30years ago?

Not like they want to do anything to better her life now.

Indolent youths of 2024 better buckle up because the road ahead is really really rough and troublesome.

Nigerian youths of today can never call their government to order. I repeat that again. Infact, Nigerian youths of today will even back and support their oppressors against their fellow suffering citizens once they collect little tokens.

To get Nigeria working, we need to make politics very "un-lucreative". As long as politics is all about money, we will never get good and willing people ready to serve the masses in government.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by UNNGRADUATEEE: 10:40pm On May 02
Nomyth:
Mrs Kofoworola Akinkugbe now CEO of SecureID ltd.
Stop lying, she isn't the one.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by yemmit90: 10:40pm On May 02
That is why I always angry whenever some people praise our past leaders. Nigeria are not blessed with good and visionary leader since her political independence. The only person that would've made a little difference was chief Obafemi Awolowo, and they did everything to denied him.

Only those that witnessed fuel scarcity back then will know this current one is just a child play. So unfortunate that Nigeria is still the same after 30 years.

No one can fix Nigeria in this present arrangement, the best bet is true federalism or total disintegration. When a new nation is born, the new constitution will address all the disparity and madness associated with Idea of stupid democracy we are practicing in this part of the world.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by Forumites: 10:41pm On May 02
Nomyth:
I respect your intelligence. Thanks for this fine forenzy.
Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by Nazgul: 10:41pm On May 02
Zxcvbnmghtr:
Fela is nothing but a critic who has no moral values whatever. You can imagine if Fela is the President of Nigeria. grin grin grin.
You're absolutely right about Fela not having moral values due to the kind of lifestyle he was living.

But when a message is passed, it's much wiser to focus on the message than to attack the messenger.

One of the reasons of our stagnant state is because we focus more on strangling the messenger than the message he brings. That's why we've refused to get things right.

Zxcvbnmghtr:
Nigeria to be very honest has moved forward. Very way forward. That's the truth.
Lol...move forward in what way.

We don't still have uninterrupted power supply.

We still have bad roads.

Insecurity is still high.

Medical sector is dead cos all our doctors and nurses are fleeing the country.

Name one sector of our economy that has moved forward?

8 Likes

Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by ukaface(f): 10:42pm On May 02
Dyfynezz12:

Hope say u resemble am?
of course
Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by Forumites: 10:42pm On May 02
UNNGRADUATEEE:
Stop lying, she isn't the one.
How do you know. You weren’t born as at that time na.
Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by Orlu13: 10:42pm On May 02
Nigerians and their nonsense....when will d citizens have sense...instead of sober reflection, they are looking fr a beautiful woman...is she d only one to have ever spoken abt bad administration

useless country with a more useless citizens with misplaced priorities

3 Likes

Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by Konquest: 10:43pm On May 02
Nomyth:
Is she the young woman in the video back in 1994?

The Akinkugbe's are from Ondo State. Ok I can see that she's married into the prominent Akinkugbe family.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by Kepukepu: 10:44pm On May 02
The same problem since 1994.

Ha
Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by Kepukepu: 10:45pm On May 02
yemmit90:
That is why I always angry whenever some people praise our past leaders. Nigeria are not blessed with good and visionary leader since her political independence. The only person that would've made a little difference was chief Obafemi Awolowo, and they did everything to denied him.

Only those that witnessed fuel scarcity back then will know this current one is just a child play. So unfortunate that Nigeria is still the same after 30 years.

No one can fix Nigeria in this present arrangement, the best bet is true federalism or total disintegration. When a new nation is born, the new constitution will address all the disparity and madness associated with Idea of stupid democracy we are practicing in this part of the world.
Awolowo was tribal bigot.
He was yorubacentric a lot

3 Likes

Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by dewiseacre(m): 10:46pm On May 02
She didn't know that year that "ridiculous" (in her words) was just a tip of the iceberg.. Today, ridiculous no gree define Nigeria matter again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by mankan2k7(m): 10:46pm On May 02
It is so unfortunate that Nigeria has not change. In fact it is getting worse and worse.

APC has come to destroy Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by Nickymezor(f): 10:46pm On May 02
Fine woman

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by jessylaurel(f): 10:48pm On May 02

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by jahsharon: 10:49pm On May 02
ukaface:
Make I talk true
Na my mama be that woman

Oya, talk LIE now, this your truth is too bitter.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by Jayyyy122: 10:50pm On May 02
*TODAYS GAMES HAVE BEEN POSTED*

NOTHING COMES CLOSE TO THE JOY OF WINNING MASSIVELY WITH LITTLE STAKES…

_HIT THE LINK BELOW TO WIN WITH THE REST OF THE TEAM🥂_
https:// t. me/+ AESBBiDVNQZhMzg0
https:// t. me/+ AESBBiDVNQZhMzg0
Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by wntnews: 10:51pm On May 02
Here she is!
Lady relocated to US in 1996, now 51

https://www.facebook.com/reel/975240670282502

4 Likes

Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by Akell(m): 10:51pm On May 02
ukaface:
Make I talk true
Na my mama be that woman
You sef like better thing.
Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by grandstar(m): 10:52pm On May 02
Konquest:

Grandstar, how's it going? Did you also attend Unilag back in the day for your Uni education?

Omo! Omoyele Sowore was dealt with by those campus gangs who didn't like the fact that he was leading an anti-campus gang war.

They got hold of him and injected him with a substance that till date, Omoyele and the rest of the world don't know what the syringe contained.

I still had a copy in my archives of the 1994 Guardian newspaper that featured Omoyele's picture after being injected and hospitalized in Lagos.

Unilag was that brutal back then.

I was in Unilag then o! I was in my 3rd year. I remember the closing of school from April 1994 to like March 1995. It was not easy. grin grin grin

Many who came after our generation "worship" us. Many of the lecturers then seemed to take out their frustration of poor pay on us innocent students.

It wasn't easy

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by merits(m): 10:53pm On May 02

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by Informant101: 10:54pm On May 02
See their thumbs like , i need that lady's number, instead, we need that mama number.
Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by Zxcvbnmghtr: 10:54pm On May 02
Nazgul:

You're absolutely right about Fela not having moral values due to the kind of lifestyle he was living.

But when a message is passed, it's much wiser to focus on the message than to attack the messenger.

One of the reasons of our stagnant state is because we focus more on strangling the messenger than the message he brings. That's why we've refused to get things right.

Lol...move forward in what way.

We don't still have uninterrupted power supply.

We still have bad roads.

Insecurity is still high.

Medical sector is dead cos all our doctors and nurses are fleeing the country.

Name one sector of our economy that has moved forward?

The likes of Taye Solarin criticized the government, especially the military government of General Ibrahim Babangida. Babangida deliberately made him the chairman of People's Bank. A bank for the poor Masses. The bank failed under his watch. My honest point is this. Unless you have been there, done that and have been successful while at it, then your criticism is very much one that is SINCERE and born out of your experience. Otherwise it's nothing but NOISE.

All the sectors above have moved forward compared to the past, its all about perspective.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by Clinton207: 10:56pm On May 02
It's so sad to know that in 30years, Governance in Nigeria has not improved in anyway.

May God help us.
Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by greypencils: 10:59pm On May 02
Times changes yesterday. Just look at the array of cars on queues for fuel. None of those cars can be seen on the road today.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by yemmit90: 11:02pm On May 02
Kepukepu:
Awolowo was tribal bigot.
He was yorubacentric a lot

That is why this country can never work, just look at the way you reason. Who is tribal bigot between you that see everything from ethnic point of view and the great Awo you are ignorantly accusing.

If we check very well, you were not even being born during his time.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by yewit37486: 11:03pm On May 02
Nomyth:

That's clearly not the lady in the video.
Minus the similar hairstyles, the lady in the video is fair skinned while Mrs Akinkugbe is brown skinned.

Meanwhile, Nigerians and misplaced priorities ehn.

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by Kepukepu: 11:04pm On May 02
yemmit90:

That is why this country can never work, just look at the way you reason. Who is tribal bigot between you that see everything from ethnic point of view and the great Awo you are ignorantly accusing.

If we check very well, you were not even being born during his time.

Awolowo was a complere yorubacentric person who would have place the interest of yorubas above others.

You and I know this

3 Likes

Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by oluwaahmed: 11:04pm On May 02
Funny how when abach took over from colossal babangida there was nothing like fuel scarcity & the man brought down inflation from 50% to 8% despite looting

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by Burob: 11:05pm On May 02
sirchim:
ApCHEAT just added fire to the already existing hardship, on a stolen mandate.
Na so, because of APC that you are poor today abi?
Re: Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral by Burob: 11:07pm On May 02
grandstar:

I was in Unilag then o! I was in my 3rd year. I remember the closing of school from April 1994 to like March 1995. It was not easy. grin grin grin

Many who came after our generation "worship" us. Many of the lecturers then seemed to take out their frustration of poor pay on us innocent students.

It wasn't easy
Wow that was a long time ago, thank Jehovah for life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Timipre Sylva Chills In His Abuja Mansion After EFCC Released His Seized Houses / Junaid Mohammed To Presidency: Stop Lying To Nigerians About Buhari's Health / Meet The Youngest Minister Nigeria Has Ever Had [see Photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.