Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,878 members, 7,872,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:02 AM

Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. (53138 Views)

Look At The Bridge Chinese Constructed In China And The Type They Built For Us. / Update On Rural Roads Constructed In Akwa Ibom For The Last 18months... Photos / Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by ChybuzzDD(m): 10:45am On May 07
triple996:
Them swear 4 diz people ? Always doing substandard project.

Which "people"?
Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by Believeintruth: 10:45am On May 07
LegendHero:
Below is one of the bridge constructed by Bitter Obi.

I am waiting for OP to call him out instead of getting fixated on Umahi who have more record of visible infrastructure he embarked on.

oga try and have sense. you cannot deflect the real topic here.
Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by Believeintruth: 10:47am On May 07
muhammaduyusufu:
The erosion in the SE is eating up the road. Just like Peter Obi's roads in Anambra.

how old are you? are you still a 10 year old boy? Soludo is busy revamping Onitsha and the roads are there for all to see, why bringing in pictures from 15 years ago for lies and propaganda.
Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by Believeintruth: 10:48am On May 07
LegendHero:

Oh so why not apply same metrics to Umahi roads in Ebonyi?

The job is a shoddy job done by Umahi
Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by themanderon: 10:49am On May 07
This is the future state of the so-called coastal road.
Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by Believeintruth: 10:49am On May 07
FreeStuffsNG:

My point exactly! Even the link bridge that connects Ozumba to Falomo bridge that hi-tech donated to LASG is still in great shape and state in spite of its heavy usage and traffic on it.

Oga that is not the point, the concrete road in Ebonyi was poorly done and they never factored that high temperatures cause expansion

1 Like

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by kelly72: 10:50am On May 07
LegendHero:
Below is one of the bridge constructed by Bitter Obi.

I am waiting for OP to call him out instead of getting fixated on Umahi who have more record of visible infrastructure he embarked on.

Peter Obi left office 10 years ago and you are showing a bridge he constructed probably 4 years before 2014? Lol. Lack of good reasoning will always lead people to saynstupid things.

By the way, where has the owner of Sahara Reporters constructed a 1 meter road before? Nowhere because, he CANNOT win an LG charmanship election in Ondo State in a free and fair election.

Here is a man who believes he has the popularity and goodwill to win election, but each election cycle, he scores 14,000 votes. Hmmnnn....is somebody not deceiving him?
Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by ojinuocheibi(m): 10:50am On May 07
FatherOfJesus:
as in eh
APC are thiefs
Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by Belleful: 10:51am On May 07
Still better than many asphalt roads. Because it could easily be fixed.
Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by Beautifulday: 10:53am On May 07
Lifestone:

But the concrete Road that Dangote built in Lagos is Solid without asphalt

Where the road dey in lagos?
Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by TheOldGods: 10:54am On May 07
ekineme:

The problem with some of you is that you are too insultive, can't you pass your message without insult?
For the sake of information:
Longitudinal crack in concrete pavement is caused by the presence of highly plastic clay( expansive) soils as the subgrade material and changes in the moisture content of these soils due to climatic changes.
Ensure you put yourself in order before quoting me Mr Man.

2. The rigid pavement Umahi constructed was reinforced with Y8 rod which is the primary cause of the thermal expansion due to extreme high temperature.

3. Ebonyi falls under the tropical monsoon region which has alternate high temperature and heavy rainfall, considering the underneath soil is plastic clay, what do you think will happen when the clay absorb water?

oga, all these thing you're saying is jargons. This dude built a road that got damaged within 2 years. Wtf is that. He just embezzled the money

1 Like

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by BarrElChapo(m): 10:55am On May 07
NwaNimo1:
Heat expansion not considered.....one of the benefits of tar is that it expands and contracts

Umahi is an illiterate responsible for so many atrocities and monstrosities!

Nothing has happened to Mile 2 to oshodi road for yes now and even those have expansion joints.. the roads are substandard period !
Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by BigYash: 11:00am On May 07
Wow! The coastal biscuits road man.. grin

1 Like

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by AerialMapper: 11:07am On May 07
Be like na concrete dey this man brain... Everything concrete? Perhaps he has shares in one of the cement companies cos this love for concrete so something else!!

Talking bout concrete, there are so many things you need to get right to have good concrete and going by the anyhowness in Nigeria and the quest for excessive profit... I really doubt the quality of these roads.
Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by hitekk: 11:10am On May 07
FatherOfJesus:
A lot of his concrete roads are failing.

David Umahi act as if he knows too much. This same man constructed concrete runway in Abakaliki airport that is not safe for planes to take-off or land on because of poor grip hence commercial airlines avoided the airport (aside that the airport has no economic value). He wasted 40billion.

While I know that concrete roads are good if they are properly constructed, like the one in gbagada, but Umahi will be forming engineer while he cannot deliver quality roads in his state.

I don't trust the quality of the concrete road that Will be delivered on the coastal road project. Umahi likes substandard and shiny things like China and Hitech construction company is not reputable enough to handle such magnitude of project. The only construction company I can trust to deliver is julius berger.
Are you from nkalagu cos that's my hometown
Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by Bluntemperor: 11:10am On May 07
Beautifulday:

Where the road dey in lagos?

Frop Apapa Wharf -- Oshodi- Gbagada,you can go for verification,it's Solid!
Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by atilla(m): 11:11am On May 07
FatherOfJesus:

While I know that concrete roads are good if they are properly constructed, like the one in gbagada,

Umahi likes substandard and shiny things like China and Hitech construction company is not reputable enough to handle such magnitude of project. The only construction company I can trust to deliver is julius berger.

Hi tech did the concrete one in gbagada.

It's crazy for just one company to handle this magnitude of a project.
The government should have broken it up in bits then subcontract portions to the likes of craneburg, j.b, Elalan, c&d.
Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by Paramount01(m): 11:12am On May 07
LegendHero:
So what should we do with this news? Some road built with asphalt also get spoilt as we’ve seen in many case.

Cement Roads that Hitech constructed in Lagos are still standing in good condition so I don’t know what’s up with this.

Help me ask them ooo, is it all the roads that crack
Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by Gabbriell: 11:15am On May 07
Erosion control should be carried out along side road construction.

This is clearly a good road ruined by internal erosion (suffusion).

The vegetation on the sides of the road shows the watery situation in the area.

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by kolexy(m): 11:19am On May 07
ekineme:
1.Preliminary investigation from the picture reveals expansion as the major cause of the crack, the heat this year is intense, they was no (Joint) provision made for expansion.
2. The underneath soil is expansive clay, which swells due to the rainy season hence the result you are seeing.

Recommendation:
The concrete should be partitioned leaving room for slight Earth movement ( this will prevent crack as a result of expansion of reinforced concrete as a result of extreme temperature and Earth movement)

Isn't that basic science?
Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by jumper524(m): 11:21am On May 07
NwaNimo1:
Heat expansion not considered.....one of the benefits of tar is that it expands and contracts

Umahi is an illiterate responsible for so many atrocities and monstrosities!
there are loads of asphaltic roads that have been destroyed in weeks of construction.
if you criticize the standard, you have a point but the road itself seems baseless.
Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by babamoha(m): 11:21am On May 07
We can not enjoy good governance if the level of corruption in the society is not reduced to the minimum.
Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by Bizibi(m): 11:24am On May 07
LegendHero:
So what should we do with this news? Some road built with asphalt also get spoilt as we’ve seen in many case.

Cement Roads that Hitech constructed in Lagos are still standing in good condition so I don’t know what’s up with this.
that is a substandard job say it as it is.....
Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by AuschwitzPrefec: 11:28am On May 07
Because Umahi warned Obi to stop making unguarded statements .

This same Umahi who since the advent of indigenous rule has constructed more roads in his state than any and all past eastern governors is whom they are now insulting.

Truly , blind pyschophancy by the Obidients need to be studied at all levels of pyschiatry.
Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by AuschwitzPrefec: 11:30am On May 07
FatherOfJesus:

David Umahi act as if he knows too much. This same man constructed concrete runway in Abakaliki airport that is not safe for planes to take-off or land on because of poor grip hence commercial airlines avoided the airport (aside that the airport has no economic value). He wasted 40billion.

While I know that concrete roads are good if they are properly constructed, like the one in gbagada, but Umahi will be forming engineer while he cannot deliver quality roads in his state.

I don't trust the quality of the concrete road that Will be delivered on the coastal road project. Umahi likes substandard and shiny things like China and Hitech construction company is not reputable enough to handle such magnitude of project. The only construction company I can trust to deliver is julius berger.

Nothing that ordinary coal tar will not solve.

Show us the ones Obi constructed that have not been upgraded.

See the tiny cracks you are using as example when the ones Obi constructed had deep valleys less than a month after commissioning.

Yeye
Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by Smartcitizen: 11:31am On May 07
triple996:
Them swear 4 diz people ? Always doing substandard project.

Hahaha hahaha!

See Dapo Abiodun people o!

Una shame dey shame me.
Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by flyinnizam(m): 11:34am On May 07
Beautifulday:

It's not about substandard. Concrete has low expansivity ratio. So will easily crack under high temperature or low temperature. For it to last, it must be overlayed with asphalt.
wrong...if it is reinforce concrete (qualify rod not those china rod) nothing will happen
Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by flyinnizam(m): 11:35am On May 07
Yankee101:
Concrete roads crack under the equatorial sun
This man just wants to do deals with the dangotes
how? concrete road needs cement
Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by Beautifulday: 11:40am On May 07
Bluntemperor:

Frop Apapa Wharf -- Oshodi- Gbagada,you can go for verification,it's Solid!

Those road has been overlayed with asphat. go and verify and come back
Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by VULCAN(m): 11:42am On May 07
Does it mean that to be an urchnn implies a substandard brain.

Somebody made a clear observation that Umahis work is substandard yet, he is overseeing the construction of a road whose price tag is more tham Dangote's net worth- and an urchins response is to say "what should we do with this news?

LegendHero:

1 Like

Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by triple996(m): 11:42am On May 07
ChybuzzDD:

Which "people"?
Victim mentality syndrome .......I did not mention anybody's name
Re: Current State Of Concrete Road Umahi Constructed In Nkalagu, Ebonyi. by Segxydube: 11:43am On May 07
FatherOfJesus:

Who told you chinese companies cannot deliver?

Go and see what they are building in china

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

South Africans Enjoy Snowfall In Much of the Country (PICS) / Kaduna-Abuja Train Breaks Down In Bush By 2am, Stranded Passengers Cry Out / The 100+ Most Beautiful And Breathtaking Places In The World (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.