Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,886 members, 7,872,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:08 AM

Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions (15822 Views)

CBN Officially Withdraws Cybersecurity Levy / 16 Transaction Types Exempted From CBN’s Cybersecurity Levy / CBN Directs Banks To Impose 0.5% Cybersecurity Levy On All Transactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by symbianDON(m): 6:22am On May 07
Are these APC people never tired of devising new ways of fleecing innocent citizens? Just imagine the ridiculousness.....na wa o!
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by favour32(m): 6:22am On May 07
Is end less taxing of the people,
a good governance?

1 Like

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by Emmbanny(m): 6:22am On May 07
This will seriously affect the POS business

This government should think now

1 Like

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by kaludestiny10(m): 6:22am On May 07
It is well.
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by 18wheeler: 6:23am On May 07
Yankee101:
Is no one going to stop all these frivolous bank charges?

If you can’t secure your network just get out of the banking business
It’s not the banks that will earn this charge. It’s the government through the ONSA. The banks will only collect and remit, just like they collect WHT, VAT and the electronic levy and remit to the FIRS or CBN as applicable.
0.5% is really outrageous though.

1 Like

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by SirLakes: 6:24am On May 07
By the time Tinubu is done grin

No mercy for the citizens just tax tax and tax grin

Na air tax remain - as long as you still dey breathe 🫁 and still on Nigerian soil you must pay

1 Like

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by helinues: 6:24am On May 07
Dickcap:

Opay has more future than access bank. Nothing u fit tell me grin

My research was actually specific about Opay.. They have a blinking future. The traditional banks had their reasons for not just opening branches or having agents anyhow, it's the staff that will run the business down eventually because of scam and fraud.

Think on that, no more hints
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by Ikpunekenwa(m): 6:26am On May 07
olaniyilukman:
bro, please drop your number, I want to learn crypto

Why him go drop en number, make all these hungry urchins use billing kill him.

1 Like

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by Akinpresident: 6:26am On May 07
No be this same govt wey their INEC server no dey work?

1 Like

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by Ikpunekenwa(m): 6:27am On May 07
helinues:

My research was actually specific about Opay.. They have a blinking future. The traditional banks had their reasons for not just opening branches or having agents anyhow, it's the staff that will run the business down eventually because of scam and fraud.

So commercial banks don't have fraudulent staff?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by Counselor123: 6:27am On May 07
Will CBN or the banks take responsibility or refund money to an account holders if money is lost or their account wiped off through cyber attacks ? If not, they should not add any levy to our transactions because it won't be of any benefit to us. If they charge, then, they just have to take responsibility and be ready to refund

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by esti98: 6:27am On May 07
@Lorenzobanks kindly assist me
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by jayce232: 6:28am On May 07
helinues:

You are very senseless!
Is Opay account created through agents or via mobile app? Is it not the same mobile apps commercial banks are using? Everything u always say is nonsense!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by NaijaCover(m): 6:28am On May 07
No Be Small Thing ooooo
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by helinues: 6:28am On May 07
Ikpunekenwa:

So commercial banks don't have fraudulent staff?

The traditional banks had their reasons for not just opening branches or having agents anyhow
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by frankputer: 6:28am On May 07
Oti lo
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by helinues: 6:29am On May 07
jayce232:

You are very senseless!
Is Opay account created through agents or via mobile app? Is it not the same mobile apps commercial banks are using? Everything u always say is nonsense!

Okay sir

Nothing to argue about this
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by Franking: 6:29am On May 07
Why don't they charge us for breathing? Tinumbu sef.

2 Likes

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by izubext007: 6:31am On May 07
Tinubu is here to extort every Nigerians

5 Likes

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by SEGLIZ: 6:31am On May 07
helinues:

It's because most of those Fintech banks don't have future. Some of the services they are providing are not just something feasible for normal banks to do
don't always have a statement to defend the flaws of this government. all these banks has what it takes to offer the best of services but they only chose to inflict hardship on the customers and citizens for they know they have fellows in government that will support their criminal act.

4 Likes

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by martineverest(m): 6:31am On May 07
Counselor123:
Will CBN or the banks take responsibility or refund money to an account holders if money is lost or their account wiped off through cyber attacks ? If not, they should not add any levy to our transactions because it won't be of any benefit to us. If they charge, then, they just have to take responsibility and be ready to refund
I was looking for this question.... It's more like insurance/assurance and they should follow the footsteps of insurance companies.if I pay 25k to secure my transfer on 1 million,they should refund me if anything happens to my money

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:31am On May 07
Let’s assume we agree to pay, what happens when monies are still stolen from our accounts? Do we get a full refund plus compensation?

1 Like

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by helinues: 6:33am On May 07
SEGLIZ:
don't always have a statement to defend the flaws of this government. all these banks has what it takes to offer the best of services but they only chose to inflict hardship on the customers and citizens for they know they have fellows in government that will support their criminal act.

Is it FG that is planning to increase their levy or banks? Where did I defend government here.

I still stand by my words regarding the Fintech banks, no be today we dey yarn things
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by phemmie06(m): 6:34am On May 07
Dickcap:

Opay has more future than access bank. Nothing u fit tell me grin

Aba........ To ri Olorun but of a truth our banks no get joy in terms of service, those that had their bad experience will never forget
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by lorenzobanks(m): 6:34am On May 07
esti98:
@Lorenzobanks kindly assist me

Assist for what exactly? If it is about learning how to convert your cash to crypto saving and earning interest in them everyday. Then check my signature in my profile.
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by microgiant: 6:34am On May 07
gbaskiboy:
Kuda, FairMoney, Opay, SmartCash are here to stay. With zero fee transfer when receiving and sending. Something that commercial banks can never do.

Second paragraph bro, read before comment.

nairalandkachy1:

This was contained in a circular dated May 6, 2024 by Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to all commercial, merchant, non-interest and payment service banks as well as mobile money operators and payment service providers.
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by miniziter(m): 6:36am On May 07
helinues:

Thank God you're referring to Opay and not my darling Moniepoint. You need to come close to see how we operate. Do you think the owner is stupid enough to leave a loop hole for some useless staff to harm his customers?
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by Dreamhighnow(m): 6:36am On May 07
khingTony:
this boy you too Mumu, I just realized that you're a very jobless person and you're found in almost every comment section in Nairaland. Either you are being paid to spam Nairaland or you're one of those very lazy yahoo boys!

Take my advice, quit this attention seeking parade and go do something meaningful with your life.

You shouldn't worry about the future of Fintech banks because yours is probably in the hands of a certain "2k per night Olosh0"

He is staunch APC e-rat paid to disrupt the peace of nairaland. Helinus is Very unintelligent and without class. Spit on his head

7 Likes

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by lakeside2gud(m): 6:37am On May 07
Y this charge again. Everyone is a cyberist or what ? Electronic transfer fee , sms charge , quarterly card maintenance fee , Vat charges are not enough for you apex and now THIS , ontop my money . I'm just an ordinary Nigerian and I get charges close to #800 every month without engaging in agent of pos. Imagine !!!

Every portfolio in Nigeria is there to just milk Nigerians dry totally .
They should charge us for sex ,breathing and existing .

Nigeria as a nation is finished .

1 Like

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by tradepunter: 6:41am On May 07
Dreamhighnow:

He is staunch APC e-rat paid to disrupt the peace of nairaland. Helinus is Very unintelligent and without class. Spit on his head

He is a very useless thing..... Can't even qualify the thing as a person.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CBN Governor Cardoso Blames Naira’s Fall On ‘Demand Season’ / I Want To Setup A Football Betting Shop...help / CBN Unveils 36 Items Approves For Forex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.