Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,256 members, 7,880,970 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:09 AM

Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions (15858 Views)

Binance: Crypto Platforms Impose 7.5% VAT On Transactions / 16 Transaction Types Exempted From CBN’s Cybersecurity Levy / CBN Directs Banks To Impose 0.5% Cybersecurity Levy On All Transactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by CrossRhodes: 7:13am On May 07
gbaskiboy:
Kuda, FairMoney, Opay, SmartCash are here to stay. With zero fee transfer when receiving and sending. Something that commercial banks can never do.
You didn't read that they are not exempted?
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by mubalex50(m): 7:14am On May 07
[i][/i][b][/b] They are all inclusive oooo
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by Fuckyoumod: 7:15am On May 07
helinues:

It's because most of those Fintech banks don't have future. Some of the services they are providing are not just something feasible for normal banks to do
so you get future pass Opay? 😂🤣🤣 Nigerians and bad mouth

1 Like

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by Fuckyoumod: 7:16am On May 07
helinues:

It's because most of those Fintech banks don't have future. Some of the services they are providing are not just something feasible for normal banks to do
so you get future pass Opay and fairmoney? 😂🤣🤣 Nigerians and bad mouth

1 Like

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by HOSTCOM(m): 7:16am On May 07
So all these wey una dey deduct every now and then never do una ba na cyber security una wan add join again?
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by SemperFid: 7:18am On May 07
helinues:

See the bastard way come get future. You get future like this?

1 Like

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:18am On May 07
Is this for all transactions or cyrpto related transactions??

Asking coz this doesn't look good.
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by slowice(m): 7:19am On May 07
PotatoSalad:
Wait o.

1. Electronic transfer levy.
2. 35 naira per transaction after 3 withdrawals in a month. (Remember that all banks have programmed their ATMs to dispense only 10,000 naira max. So if you need more, you have no choice than to collect the 35 naira charge)
3. Card Maintenance
4. SMS charges

A very silly idiott, one whose is drunk on his stupidiity

Now this grin

Businesses are now going to factor these charges in their prices.
You already know what that means

You will heal.

This boy is an idiot. In the UK, nobody has time to queue in bank halls anymore. Banking is advancing fast.
Innovate or die.

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by OYEDIPE(m): 7:21am On May 07
So some bunch of thieves will come together and enact a law that affects everybody thinking we are all stealing like them. Okay o
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by Oepforum(m): 7:21am On May 07
Just thinking, so if any bank account is compromised after collecting the "cybersecurity levy", bank are expected to compensate the victims?

Banks have to responsible for this cost

Check my signature.....
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by slowice(m): 7:23am On May 07
PotatoSalad:
Wait o.

1. Electronic transfer levy.
2. 35 naira per transaction after 3 withdrawals in a month. (Remember that all banks have programmed their ATMs to dispense only 10,000 naira max. So if you need more, you have no choice than to collect the 35 naira charge)
3. Card Maintenance
4. SMS charges

Now this grin

Businesses are now going to factor these charges in their prices.
You already know what that means

You will heal.

This boy is an idiot. In the UK, nobody has time to queue in bank halls anymore. Banking is advancing fast.
Innovate or die.

A very silly idiott, one who's drunk in his stupidiity
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by Simpubozz(m): 7:24am On May 07
Omo na wa oo, na to go buy kolo dey keep my money angry
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by Coronavirus1: 7:25am On May 07
Mases over to you next election is 3 years to go another 3 years suffering ahead. I already know this government is taxation government

2 Likes

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by lekonso: 7:27am On May 07
helinues:

That is a big lie. Fintech banks have greater future than traditional banks

1 Like

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by ejimatic: 7:28am On May 07
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by Kenmatt(m): 7:31am On May 07
gbaskiboy:
Kuda, FairMoney, Opay, SmartCash are here to stay. With zero fee transfer when receiving and sending. Something that commercial banks can never do.

They will charge it too if you had calmed down and gone through the text, rather than jumping into the comment session.
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by Inspirer1: 7:37am On May 07
meum:
People will go back to safekeeping money by burying it. Imagine 0.5% of 5 million. That’s 25k for cybersecurity alone
Even First bank sent a mail that they will be charging on depositing of money into accounts.
Charges left, right and centre...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by millhouse: 7:41am On May 07
Everyday you wake up in this country na deduction deduction all the time, no plans to better or make life easier for her citizens and APC supporters would still be shouting he's working

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by edogu(m): 7:44am On May 07
Equivalent to paying vigilante fee. In this case, cybersecurity fee. grin

1 Like

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by NapoleonHill: 7:53am On May 07
helinues:

My research was actually specific about Opay.. They have a blinking future. The traditional banks had their reasons for not just opening branches or having agents anyhow, it's the staff that will run the business down eventually because of scam and fraud.

Think on that, no more hints

I don't pay attention to a monikers but I had to check who this is.

I think you should spend more time learning about these institutions and their business models. OPay today has the highest number of customers by a lot. Their models are different.

1 Like

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by ellyrichy(m): 7:55am On May 07
Charges upon charges with no thought out way for your citizens betterment. Do you know that,opay charges transaction fees for receiving money into my account which is termed processing fee. This is what happens when our civil society groups have all been compromised and put under lock&key. Because you don't have a government deliberately making it's citizens poorer and no civil society groups to call them to question.

PS- This is my personal allegations

1 Like

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by Fulgur: 7:56am On May 07
CodeTemplar:
That's the result of allowing a govt that only knows how to tax you snatch power. It is cyber spaces they want to secure after leaving the physical spaces in undeniable mess.
0.5% to secure servers they don't control. Extremely foolish.

It's beyond foolishness. These people are thieves and extortionists
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by membranus: 8:01am On May 07
After all of them declared extraordinary humongous profits after tax this financial year end, the greedy devils are still not satisfied, and are planning to cheat their customers the more.

May God punish them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by BabaO2: 8:07am On May 07
cardoso will eventually destroy his career and little integrity he thinks he might have.
Is he really competent?
does he feel the pulse of the nation?
Just like the other guy adelabu that left CBN now parading himself as power minister that unthinkably and unconcerned increased power to #225, now another CBN constituency that has absolutely no regard for naira value, thinks 0.5% charge on customers for cybersecurity is negligible and will have no effect of the customers.
Look for other sources of funding your cybersecurity, you can even reduce your cut throat 7.5 VAT to 6.5, and use the 1% to finance your cybersecurity project, awon ole.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by christopheojo(m): 8:08am On May 07
lorenzobanks:
Reason why I don't keep my money with these useless bank. I have learn to keep my money in crypto and receive interest in it every day. Not only that I also get free auto investment to any newly launch crypto assets that would increase my earnings. I can teach people who really want to make money from crypto investment. Note: You can never loss money because this is not a trading thing rather saving and earn. Check my signature to connect with me.

Yes launchpool
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by membranus: 8:09am On May 07
Amb1045:
I think President Tinubu is clueless on how to run the affairs of this country. Man is choking the citizens

He wan kill us patapata, he has no single ounce of Compassion for anyone, unlike Buhari.
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by Kirchoffs: 8:11am On May 07
This is madness
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by amosnaira: 8:12am On May 07
The Lagos Template has begun. Whether businesses are struggling or not, it is none of their concern as long as the government meets its targeted revenue. Countries experiencing state-orchestrated cyber attacks do not levy a cyber fee on their citizens, unlike Nigeria, which boldly introduced it as the 'cyber fee.' I keep wondering how banks in other countries generate revenue. Even for ATM cards, they do not impose charges. In fact, customers are not charged for any transactions, and all transactions are processed through the banks

3 Likes

Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:21am On May 07
Dickcap:

Opay has more future than access bank. Nothing u fit tell me grin

grin
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by amosnaira: 8:21am On May 07
YOU SAID IT ALL
HeadNigga:
It seems this administration is against cashless policy. With this nonsense policy don't expect young people in your banking halls anymore.

This automatically means that for every alert you receive the government has earned 0.5% of it. If you have 200,000 in your account just know that 1,000 naira of that money is no longer yours.

The man is a genius, he is a master strategist..he increased Lagos IGR...to what end? You are killing businesses, pushing more people into poverty, discouraging cashless policy, etc. Tomorrow they will boast of actualizing 20 trillion from cyber security levy and some dummies will clap for them. These things haven't made life easy for the masses instead it is the reverse
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by Pharaoh4rin(m): 8:29am On May 07
The beginning is near
Re: Banks To Charge Nigerians For Cybersecurity Levy on Transactions by Alamkir: 8:30am On May 07
helinues:

Perhaps because they don't have physical structure and lots of employees to maintain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. / Detailed Guide: How To Register As An Uber Driver in Lagos / Beware Of ATM Card Cloning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.