Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,174 members, 7,896,983 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 06:13 AM

My Farming Journey (pictures) - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Farming Journey (pictures) (37223 Views)

My Snail Farming Journey / 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) / My Cucumber Farming Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by Tonytonex(m): 8:41am On Jun 08
Thugnificent:
Yea it's inside my compound and has two expanses of fenced land used for the farm.
ok nice
Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by Naijaepic: 8:44am On Jun 08
Yes,
See my comment above.

Read up on Yam Sett

Love800:
Hello. Pls i want to ask a question. Can one buy a full tuber of yam and cut into pieces to plant?
Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by henrimoto(m): 8:54am On Jun 08
Lovelyn451:
herdsman, why u dey ask, u wan go attack?
Why you call me this?.. i dont think you in Abakaliki
Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by Thugnificent(m): 9:28am On Jun 08
GloryDome47:

Can I have your number I also want to start farming in the east
O 80 61 34 74 81
Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by fineboynl(m): 9:30am On Jun 08
Thugnificent:
I could but why only Enugu tho

Transportation can be easily taken care of with no issues.
the yams will not be harvest at once. 20 - 30 every month. From December to April. Transport matters and I have to come check things myself.

Also I thought the Abakaliki yam is the first to come out. Very big and usually July and August. And before December they will all disappeared from the market. And now you want to farm Abakaliki yam?
Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by Love800(m): 9:51am On Jun 08
Okay.
I want to quickly ask, what is coco-yam used for?
Thugnificent:
Water yam is softer and lighter than white yam and has lesser starch. Also, white yam is more in demand and sweeter and more preferable for poundo and also more expensive. Apart from this, no much noticeable difference.
Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by Love800(m): 9:53am On Jun 08
Alright.
Thugnificent:
I mean people that can invest in the business and we share the profits or a soft loan with reasonable time frame for repayment etc
Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by Love800(m): 9:54am On Jun 08
Okay.
Thanks so much.
Thugnificent:
Yes exactly. No problem with that or what do you think the mould is for and the expended energy used in making them?
Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by Love800(m): 10:13am On Jun 08
Thanks so much.

When can one start planting yams?
Naijaepic:
Yes,
See my comment above.

Read up on Yam Sett

Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by DaveHarry(m): 10:13am On Jun 08
i eat better food then. my dad was a very good crop farmer, fisherman and hunter. we have a very big forest for agricultural activities in ekpan and okpe lga. only one of his sons followed his footsteps, now he lives rich, while people worry in anxiety.
Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by Thugnificent(m): 10:29am On Jun 08
fineboynl:
the yams will not be harvest at once. 20 - 30 every month. From December to April. Transport matters and I have to come check things myself.

Also I thought the Abakaliki yam is the first to come out. Very big and usually July and August. And before December they will all disappeared from the market. And now you want to farm Abakaliki yam?
I don't see the problem here honestly, i can do all that for you at a very subsidized rate.

What do you mean by Abakaliki yam
Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by Thugnificent(m): 10:32am On Jun 08
Love800:
Okay.
I want to quickly ask, what is coco-yam used for?
Alot of things. For example grounded as an ingredient for different kinds of soup and can also be eaten alone cooked with palm oil etc

1 Like

Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by Thugnificent(m): 10:44am On Jun 08
DaveHarry:
i eat better food then. my dad was a very good crop farmer, fisherman and hunter. we have a very big forest for agricultural activities in ekpan and okpe lga. only one of his sons followed his footsteps, now he lives rich, while people worry in anxiety.
Why didn't you follow his footsteps
Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by Ndidi29: 10:58am On Jun 08
How much do they sell the yam setts. They ones I see growing in that your pics there
Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by Thugnificent(m): 11:02am On Jun 08
Ndidi29:
How much do they sell the yam setts. They ones I see growing in that your pics there
It depends on the quantity. I bought mine for 15k.
Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by Love800(m): 11:06am On Jun 08
But people dont usually eat it cooked wholly.
They only pound it and afterwards they use it in cooking soups.
Thugnificent:
Alot of things. For example grounded as an ingredient for different kinds of soup and can also be eaten alone cooked with palm oil etc
Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by netmillionaires(m): 11:16am On Jun 08
It is fenced o. The location is Atan Otta, Ogun state. The funny thing is that I was discussing with someone about a man whose Cassava was harvested around 4:30 am one day, not knowing that they were already planning to rob me too before the next day's break. I saw the person's footprint because it rained the previous day.

Thugnificent:
Really? Is your compound not fenced and where is that

1 Like

Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by netmillionaires(m): 11:19am On Jun 08
I didn't see the person. It happened before daybreak. I only saw his footprints.
Ogbuu101:

Do you shoot am?
Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by Thugnificent(m): 11:27am On Jun 08
netmillionaires:
It is fenced o. The location is Atan Otta, Ogun state. The funny thing is that I was discussing with someone about a man whose Cassava was harvested around 4:30 am one day, not knowing that they were already planning to rob me too before the next day's break. I saw the person's footprint because it rained the previous day.

Wow this is really crazy oo😧

Hope there wasn't much damages

And also, how did you deal with stray animals because that's what I'm currently facing.
Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by Thugnificent(m): 11:28am On Jun 08
Love800:
But people dont usually eat it cooked wholly.
They only pound it and afterwards they use it in cooking soups.
Few people eat it wholly Sir

1 Like

Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by Love800(m): 12:02pm On Jun 08
Okay.
Thugnificent:
Few people eat it wholly Sir
Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by Bankowner: 12:13pm On Jun 08
Love800:
You planted these in sacks?
Apart from those that are tree based, yes you can plant others in sacks.
Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by Bankowner: 12:15pm On Jun 08
Thugnificent:
That's amazing to hear, So are you still on the farming level or you stopped?
Na japa make me stop jare.
But I enjoyed every bit of farming at the time.
Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by fineboynl(m): 12:24pm On Jun 08
Thugnificent:
I don't see the problem here honestly, i can do all that for you at a very subsidized rate.

What do you mean by Abakaliki yam
Google Abakaliki yam
Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by Love800(m): 12:33pm On Jun 08
What do you mean by tree base?
Bankowner:

Apart from those that are tree based, yes you can plant others in sacks.
Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by Thugnificent(m): 1:26pm On Jun 08
Bankowner:

Na japa make me stop jare.
But I enjoyed every bit of farming at the time.
Okay so What are you consuming over there presently with the GMO craze going on.
Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by Thugnificent(m): 1:27pm On Jun 08
fineboynl:
Google Abakaliki yam
Just did, but i clearly mentioned water yam in my post #no offence
Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by ObiaboAdoka(m): 1:45pm On Jun 08
Love800:
Hello. Pls i want to ask a question. Can one buy a full tuber of yam and cut into pieces to plant?
Yes. But remember dat we av different species of yam.
Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by ObiaboAdoka(m): 1:51pm On Jun 08
Love800:
When is yam planting season?
Here in my place we use to plant yam in December nd January nd in early April d yam begin to grow tenders nd in July/August we begin to harvest. But in April nd May u can plant d big yam seedlings but d smaller one's u can plant in late May to early June.
Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by Love800(m): 2:15pm On Jun 08
How does the different species of yam concerns it?
ObiaboAdoka:

Yes. But remember dat we av different species of yam.
Re: My Farming Journey (pictures) by Love800(m): 2:26pm On Jun 08
Okay, thanks.
When is harvesting time?
ObiaboAdoka:

Here in my place we use to plant yam in December nd January nd in early April d yam begin to grow tenders nd in July/August we begin to harvest. But in April nd May u can plant d big yam seedlings but d smaller one's u can plant in late May to early June.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Palm Oil Is Produced In South Eastern Nigeria (video/pictures) / How Do I Stop This Continuous Bee Attack On The Farm? / Photos From My Present Tomatoe Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.