Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,348 members, 7,947,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 11:20 PM

What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? (958 Views)

Why Prayers Of Many Christians Are Hindered / Labour To Get Your Own Divine Strategy - 2 Kings 2:14 / Who Should Go With You? [judges 7:1-8, 2 Kings 18:1-18] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by Michael547(m): 4:49pm On May 13
MightySparrow:

What interpretation?

He created all things for His pleasure'.
He creates light and form darkness.

He creates wasters to waste.

Okay adjust these scriptures and then interprete.

For me, it is clear enough.
Does that mean that God is responsible for all the evil happening in the world today and derives pleasure from it? Yes or no sir?
This question should not be hard for you to answer?
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by MightySparrow: 4:51pm On May 13
Michael547:

Does that mean that God is responsible for all the evil happening in the world today and derives pleasure from it? Yes or no sir?
This question should not be hard for you to answer?

He has created all things for His pleasure

Right?
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by Michael547(m): 5:02pm On May 13
MightySparrow:

He has created all things for His pleasure

Right?

According to you....yes sir.
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by judedwriter(m): 5:09pm On May 13
elated177:
Judedwriter, are you saying that chemosh stopped the Israelites or what?

Wherefore we would have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again; but Satan hindered us.
— 1 Thessalonians 2:18

However, Satan doesn't have all power because the Bible says again:

And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.
— Romans 16:20

Which is why Fasting is necessary.
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by MightySparrow: 5:59pm On May 13
Michael547:

According to you....yes sir.

R[b]ev.4.11 - Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.[/b]

Is this my writing?
My words?
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by Michael547(m): 6:20pm On May 13
MightySparrow:

R[b]ev.4.11 - Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.[/b]

Is this my writing?
My words?

No sir.......Is God responsible for all the evil happening in the world today for his pleasure? Yes or no?
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by MightySparrow: 7:34pm On May 13
Michael547:

No sir.......Is God responsible for all the evil happening in the world today for his pleasure? Yes or no?

Ask Him
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:36pm On May 13
Michael547:

He just quote but when it comes to grasping its application he doesn't care until one pastor or another tell him what to think and if another contradicts that one all is well as long as they're all claiming born again! undecided
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by MightySparrow: 8:20pm On May 13
MaxInDHouse:

He just quote but when it comes to grasping its application he doesn't care until one pastor or another tell him what to think and if another contradicts that one all is well as long as they're all claiming born again! undecided

It seems you guys are having problems with God. Is God complaining to you that His creations are not giving Him pleasure?

It is like you are not giving Him pleasure.

Kpele.
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:30pm On May 13
MightySparrow:

It seems you guys are having problems with God. Is God complaining to you that His creations are not giving Him pleasure?
It is like you are not giving Him pleasure.
Kpele.

If He's not complaining why do you comment when your cohorts speak against Islam?

You just think at times like there is nothing in your skull!

Someone wonders why certain prophecies are not fulfilled and another is reasoning with him only for you to quote irrelevant verses just to show that you also attended church yesterday.

Now the other is asking you the practical application of what you quoted so he can see how it relates to what they're discussing and it's benefits you said "it's God's word" and that's all!

Well i don't blame you that's what you want the word of your own God to be complicated and unreasonable! undecided
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by Michael547(m): 8:39pm On May 13
MightySparrow:

Ask Him

You said you have the answers na. Why not explain it to me?
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by Michael547(m): 8:40pm On May 13
MaxInDHouse:

Ah really?
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by MightySparrow: 8:42pm On May 13
MaxInDHouse:

If He's not complaining why do you comment when your cohorts speak against Islam?

You just think at times like there is nothing in your skull!

Someone wonders why certain prophecies are not fulfilled and another is reasoning with him only for you to quote irrelevant verses just to show that you also attended church yesterday.

Now the other is asking you the practical application of what you quoted so he can see how it relates to what they're discussing and it's benefits you said "it's God's word" and that's all!

Well i don't blame you that's what you want the word of your own God to be complicated and unreasonable! undecided

I think God is having problems with you or you are the one having problems with God. Maybe your lives not giving Him pleasure.

I don't have any problem with God.
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by MightySparrow: 8:43pm On May 13
Michael547:

You said you have the answers na. Why not explain it to me?

I gave you His word, you say that his not enough.

I think you have problem with God.

Is your life not giving Him pleasure?
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by Michael547(m): 8:47pm On May 13
MightySparrow:

I gave you His word, you say that his not enough.

I think you have problem with God.

Is your life not giving Him pleasure?
You gave me his word without interpretation. Are you not supposed to interprete so that one can get the point of the matter?
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:54pm On May 13
MightySparrow:

I think God is having problems with you or you are the one having problems with God. Maybe your lives not giving Him pleasure.
I don't have any problem with God.

Guy stop this delusional stupidity the question is whether the world's conditions is giving God pleasure!
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:55pm On May 13
Michael547:

You gave me his word without interpretation. Are you not supposed to interprete so that one can get the point of the matter?

He just want to mingle with people having faith he's empty headed! undecided
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by MightySparrow: 12:40am On May 14
[quote author=MaxInDHouse post=129937602]

Guy stop this delusional stupidity the question is whether the world's conditions is giving God pleasure![/quot

We are saying the same thing.
Are you giving him pleasure to start with?
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by MightySparrow: 12:41am On May 14
Michael547:

Are you giving Him pleasure?
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:58am On May 14
MightySparrow:
We are saying the same thing.
Are you giving him pleasure to start with?
My own God has nothing to do with yours so if a Ṣàngó worshiper gives his God pleasure others my displease the same God so whether i give my own God pleasure is not the point that's between me and my own God.

The Bible book of Revelations 4:11 is what you were asked to interpret so readers can grasp the coherence thereof between the discussion and the verse you quoted.

That verse is talking about spirit creatures in heaven who are constantly worshiping the one and only true God this has nothing to do with the evildoers on earth because the spirit creatures were there when the Bible said the deplorable condition of earth in Noah's day SADDENED God {Genesis 6:6} can you say He was pleased with what happened back then?

What we are experiencing today is much worse than Noah's time so next time ask others to teach you the practical application of God's word instead of quoting it out of context.

Now you can continue asking different people if they're pleasing your own God or not. undecided
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by MightySparrow: 6:39am On May 14
MaxInDHouse:

My own God has nothing to do with yours so if a Ṣàngó worshiper gives his God pleasure others my displease the same God so whether i give my own God pleasure is not the point that's between me and my own God.

The Bible book of Revelations 4:11 is what you were asked to interpret so readers can grasp the coherence thereof between the discussion and the verse you quoted.

That verse is talking about spirit creatures in heaven who are constantly worshiping the one and only true God this has nothing to do with the evildoers on earth because the spirit creatures were there when the Bible said the deplorable condition of earth in Noah's day SADDENED God {Genesis 6:6} can you say He was pleased with what happened back then?

What we are experiencing today is much worse than Noah's time so next time ask others to teach you the practical application of God's word instead of quoting it out of context.

Now you can continue asking different people if they're pleasing your own God or not. undecided

I can clearly see you are one of those giving God displeasure. grin grin
As long as I give my own God pleasure, and we don't serve the same God no problem.

Is my God complaining to you I don't give Him pleasure?
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by Michael547(m): 6:45am On May 14
[quote author=MightySparrow post=129940224]

Are you giving Him pleasure?[/Bible?
How does this answer the question of whether God derives pleasure from all the wickedness happening all over the world?
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by Michael547(m): 6:46am On May 14
MightySparrow:

Are you giving Him pleasure?
How does this answer the question of whether God derives pleasure from all the wickedness happening all over the world?
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by MightySparrow: 6:53am On May 14
Michael547:

s long as He takes pleasure in me and I give Him pleasure, I am fulfilling my destiny. I think that is where the discussion started.

Can you say that of yourself?
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:22am On May 14
MightySparrow:

Is my God complaining to you I don't give Him pleasure?
Now see what you're saying again?

Is the discussion about you or your so called "God"?

No nah, it's about God's will for mankind in general which 99.9999% of the world failed to do just as God's Son foretold {Matthew 7:13-14} so if Jesus said many aren't doing God's will and they're on the road to destruction how does that affect the relationship between God and His loyal worshipers?

The point is that the world is in chaos due to activities of Satan and demons {Revelations 12:9-11} manipulating the minds of billions and controlling them. 2Corinthians 4:4; 1john 5:19

So this is not about you and your so called "God"
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by Michael547(m): 7:31am On May 14
MightySparrow:

s long as He takes pleasure in me and I give Him pleasure, I am fulfilling my destiny. I think that is where the discussion started.

Can you say that of yourself?
Oga why are Taking us back na. Let's move forward.
The conversation is not about you. It's about the wickedness all over the world. Does it give God pleasure? Yes or no?
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by MightySparrow: 8:55am On May 14
Michael547:

Oga why are Taking us back na. Let's move forward.
The conversation is not about you. It's about the wickedness all over the world. Does it give God pleasure? Yes or no?

Has God complained to you that he has not derived pleasure in His creations?

Talk to me.
You have detailed the topic already!
gringringrin
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by MightySparrow: 9:00am On May 14
MaxInDHouse:

Now see what you're saying again?

Is the discussion about you or your so called "God"?

No nah, it's about God's will for mankind in general which 99.9999% of the world failed to do just as God's Son foretold {Matthew 7:13-14} so if Jesus said many aren't doing God's will and they're on the road to destruction how does that affect the relationship between God and His loyal worshipers?

The point is that the world is in chaos due to activities of Satan and demons {Revelations 12:9-11} manipulating the minds of billions and controlling them. 2Corinthians 4:4; 1john 5:19

So this is not about you and your so called "God"

I hope you still remember the topic!

Anyway, I am one of the very few giving Him pleasure. What about you?

If 99....... is not giving Him pleasure, how does that affect my giving Him pleasure?
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:05am On May 14
MightySparrow:

I hope you still remember the topic!
Anyway, I am one of the very few giving Him pleasure. What about you?
If 99....... is not giving Him pleasure, how does that affect my giving Him pleasure?

Going by the topic of discussion the OP is really concerned about the attitude of majority around him just as faithful people always feel like Enoch, Noah and many other Israelite prophets who felt concerned about what those around them are doing.
Do you think such ones are giving their God pleasure? smiley
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by Michael547(m): 10:43am On May 14
MightySparrow:

Has God complained to you that he has not derived pleasure in His creations?

Talk to me.
You have detailed the topic already!
gringringrin
No sir he has not told.....that is why I want you to answer the question.
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by MightySparrow: 1:13pm On May 14
Michael547:

No sir he has not told.....that is why I want you to answer the question.

Okay.
I say on His behalf that you are one of His problems.
Re: What Hindered God's Prophecy In 2 Kings 3:19? by MightySparrow: 1:15pm On May 14
MaxInDHouse:

Going by the topic of discussion the OP is really concerned about the attitude of majority around him just as faithful people always feel like Enoch, Noah and many other Israelite prophets who felt concerned about what those around them are doing.
Do you think such ones are giving their God pleasure? smiley

As long as I give Him pleasure. So what is my problem with that. Are you giving Him pleasure?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are Miracles? / God's Love For Mankind (part 1) / Who Is A Man Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.