Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,102 members, 7,880,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:13 PM

Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! (1568 Views)

God Never Rest, It's Biblical Error / History Of Copernicus: Man Who Asserted Heliocentric Fact Against Biblical Error / Looking For A Very Strong Juju Priest Or Pastor Or Alfa Or Anybody That Can See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Aemmyjah(m): 10:30am On May 22
AbuTwins:

You are ignorant! And you talk from ignorance!
How many people in the Bible saw angels in their true forms?

Read the hadith below, the narrator is a foremost companion of the Prophet and the 2nd Caliph after him:

What concerns me with your Hadiths
Your Hadiths and sura has made the whole world a chaos
Aisha husband lifestyle and teaching is making the world a terror in the 21st century even in the middle East
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by AbuTwins: 10:32am On May 22
Aemmyjah:

What concerns me with your Hadiths
Your Hadiths and sura has made the whole world a chaos
Aisha husband lifestyle and teaching is making the world a terror in the 21st century even in the middle East

You don't want truth! You just want to peddle falsehood about Islam like the other Christians!
Jehovah witnesses are the same! Just another cult!

How many Muslims dey middle east?

How many dey Africa?

You remain ignorant!

Bye!
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by FxMasterz: 10:33am On May 22
AbuTwins:

See coping and capping! grin

At least he had the guts to agree Mark lied about Jesus!
Unlike Kobojunkie who would argue from now till eternity on falsehood!

But the Book of Mark came earlier than Matthew and Luke.
I would say they both had time to edit that part out!
John came last and his book is the most "Jesus Goding"! tongue

Point of correction:

Mark was sincerely wrong. He didn't lie. He wrote what he knew.
Mathew and Luke didn't have to edit anything. They probably didn't know about Mark's works. Mark wrote to a specific group of people to which Mathew and Luke didn't belong. Luke wrote a letter to his friend whom he called Theophilus. None of them were writing for the purpose of inclusion in any religious book. They were just letters and addresses. There's no reason for any editing. If they'll even edit, they'll instead insert the right name - Ahimelech. Your assertion is wrong.

We don't deal with letters while studying the Bible, Abu. The letters kill, the Spirit gives life.

Letters are for historians and critics like you. We, the children born of the Spirit, feed on the Bible as spiritual food. It's good nourishment to our soul.
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by FxMasterz: 10:44am On May 22
Aemmyjah:

You're completely wrong... 2 over 10

Next, Emusan. Come here my boy and answer OP

Wrong according to the standard of your false prophets and occult organization?

1 Like

Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Emusan(m): 11:04am On May 22
Aemmyjah:
FxMasterz

Answer this OP and get a 🏆 or remain a blind, ignorant fellow forever

Emusan, show ur face for this thread

You couldn't answer the OP but you're calling on me to do so. Why?

Do you agree with the OP that Bible contains error as well?

1 Like

Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Aemmyjah(m): 11:09am On May 22
Emusan:

I will definitely answer
I been answering if you checked
Lemme see how Baals prophet call down fire from heaven first before we move cheesy
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Aemmyjah(m): 11:11am On May 22
FxMasterz:

Wrong according to the standard of your false prophets and occult organization?

If Mark made errors according to you. The Bible is already inaccurate
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Emusan(m): 11:26am On May 22
Aemmyjah:
I will definitely answer

Go ahead then.

I been answering if you checked
Lemme see how Baals prophet call down fire from heaven first before we move cheesy

Are you sure you pass through school?

Does what you wrote make any sense to you?
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Aemmyjah(m): 12:29pm On May 22
Emusan:

Fzmasters says Mark added errors which I disagree
I will answer the OP
Check my comments in his other thread

I mentioned you so you can call on your baal especially as na u sabi Bible na
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Emusan(m): 12:48pm On May 22
Aemmyjah:
Fzmasters says Mark added errors which I disagree
I will answer the OP
Check my comments in his other thread

Don't drag me into your delusion.

I mentioned you so you can call on your baal especially as na u sabi Bible na

Someone who called on Baal is still the one who sabi Bible pass you.

You must be confused than I thought.
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Aemmyjah(m): 12:59pm On May 22
Emusan:

Don't drag me into your delusion.

Someone who called on Baal is still the one who sabi Bible pass you.

You must be confused than I thought.

Kindly reply the OP
I may even learn from you

Educate the OP
Go go Emusan
Go my boy
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by FxMasterz: 1:00pm On May 22
Aemmyjah:

If Mark made errors according to you. The Bible is already inaccurate

Even the Bible says "We know in part."

Sincerity and Honesty is the Hallmark of the Bible. Not correctness.

The Bible was written by humans who are prone to mistakes. They were inspired by God but God was not the One moving their fingers.

1 Like

Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Aemmyjah(m): 1:01pm On May 22
FxMasterz:

Even the Bible says "We know in part."

Sincerity and Honesty is the Hallmark of the Bible. Not correctness.

Hmm
Emusan, do you agree with this?
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Emusan(m): 1:13pm On May 22
Aemmyjah:

Hmm
Emusan, do you agree with this?

Yes!

Do you agree that Watchtower claim inspiration for their works?
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Emusan(m): 1:17pm On May 22
Aemmyjah:

Kindly reply the OP
I may even learn from you

Educate the OP
Go go Emusan
Go my boy

I don't have time to waste with the OP, I've told him before that he should browse "101 contradictions in the Bible" to educate himself. So you too can educate and learn from that wonderful article compiled years ago.

True Christians have put a lot of works in that.

Don't forget the OP is just doing copy and paste.

Besides, address the OP if you feel like and stop looking for what is not lost.
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Aemmyjah(m): 1:23pm On May 22
Emusan:

I don't have time to waste with the OP, I've told him before that he should browse "101 contradictions in the Bible" to educate himself. So you too can educate and learn from that wonderful article compiled years ago.

True Christians have put a lot of works in that.

Don't forget the OP is just doing copy and paste.

Besides, address the OP if you feel like and stop looking for what is not lost.

So the Bible contradicts itself shey?
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Aemmyjah(m): 1:24pm On May 22
Emusan:

Yes!

Do you agree that Watchtower claim inspiration for their works?

We don't claim inspiration

Now answer my question
Do you agree with Emusan on that?
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Emusan(m): 1:24pm On May 22
Aemmyjah:

So the Bible contradicts itself shey?

O ma se oooo

Is that what you understand from my post?
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Aemmyjah(m): 1:25pm On May 22
Emusan:

O ma se oooo

Is that what you understand from my post?

You said 101 contradictions in the Bible
If that's true according to you, the Bible contradict itself
Yes or No
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Emusan(m): 1:26pm On May 22
Aemmyjah:

We don't claim inspiration

Stop lying I have showed you where Watchtower claimed inspiration.

Now answer my question
Do you agree with Emusan on that?

You're even confused.

You quote my post.
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Emusan(m): 1:30pm On May 22
Aemmyjah:
You said 101 contradictions in the Bible
If that's true according to you, the Bible contradict itself
Yes or No

Your comprehension is truly below that of baby in the womb.

"101 contradictions in the Bible" is A TITLE given to a book/article published by a True Christian to address ALL THE SAID CONTRADICTIONS in the Bible.

because of people like you, I don't use much big grammar yet you still couldn't comprehend simple thing.

Na wá ooo
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Aemmyjah(m): 1:32pm On May 22
Emusan:

Your comprehension is truly below that of baby in the womb.

"101 contradictions in the Bible" is A TITLE given to a book/article published by a True Christian to address ALL THE SAID CONTRADICTIONS in the Bible.

because of people like you, I don't use much big grammar yet you still couldn't comprehend simple thing.

Na wá ooo

Are the contradictions in the Bible
Yes or No?

It's like someone writing about poaching in Nigeria. He's asked if poaching is in the country and he's acting like a child

Is there contradictions in the Bible or not

Why not address the OP like fxmasterz did
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Aemmyjah(m): 1:34pm On May 22
Emusan:

Stop lying I have showed you where Watchtower claimed inspiration.

You're even confused.

You quote my post.

Ok na
If you say so
Same you quote from God knows where that 30 persons were gunned down in a KH
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Emusan(m): 1:39pm On May 22
Aemmyjah:
Ok na
If you say so

I didn't says so Watchtower did, I only provided the evidence.

So watchtower claimed inspiration for their works but you lied that they didn't.

Same you quote from God knows where that 30 persons were gunned down in a KH

Quoted from God, how?

Diversion tactics, I won't work.
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Aemmyjah(m): 1:44pm On May 22
Emusan:

I didn't says so Watchtower did, I only provided the evidence.

So watchtower claimed inspiration for their works but you lied that they didn't.

Quoted from God, how?

Diversion tactics, I won't work.

You say the watchtower claimed inspiration
Now you did not says so, you saying so na

Go heal your delusion
Enjoy your life cheesy
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Emusan(m): 1:46pm On May 22
Aemmyjah:
Are the contradictions in the Bible
Yes or No?

Can you imagine!

It's like someone writing about poaching in Nigeria. He's asked if poaching is in the country and he's acting like a child

You're truly olodo.

For years people have being claiming Bible contradicts itself.

And people came together to ADDRESS what some people actually called CONTRADICTIONS and tag it "101 Contradictions in the Bible"

Does that mean the person is saying Bible contradicts

O ma se popo

Is there contradictions in the Bible or not

I've answered this severally.

Why not address the OP like fxmasterz did

It will be better, if you start telling me how to use Nairaland, the post I should view, the thread I should reply to.
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Emusan(m): 1:48pm On May 22
Aemmyjah:
You say the watchtower claimed inspiration
Now you did not says so, you saying so na

I provided Watchtower writings where it shows they claimed INSPIRATION.

Which is against your lie that they never claimed to be INSPIRED.

Go heal your delusion
Enjoy your life cheesy

I'm not in your league.

Delusion belongs to you people.
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by AbuTwins: 2:05pm On May 22
FxMasterz:

Point of correction:

Mark was sincerely wrong. He didn't lie. He wrote what he knew.
Mathew and Luke didn't have to edit anything. They probably didn't know about Mark's works. Mark wrote to a specific group of people to which Mathew and Luke didn't belong. Luke wrote a letter to his friend whom he called Theophilus. None of them were writing for the purpose of inclusion in any religious book. They were just letters and addresses. There's no reason for any editing. If they'll even edit, they'll instead insert the right name - Ahimelech. Your assertion is wrong.

We don't deal with letters while studying the Bible, Abu. The letters kill, the Spirit gives life.

Letters are for historians and critics like you. We, the children born of the Spirit, feed on the Bible as spiritual food. It's good nourishment to our soul.

You started on a wrong foot. But it is proven that Matthew and Luke used Mark and other documents to generate their respective Gospels. Luke admitted in Luke 1-1:4 he was writing to Theophilus (as you claimed) and he was writing from some hearsays purportedly from those he thought were eyewitnesses which he didn't mention!

And your assertion that if they would even edit they'll insert the right name, Ahimelech, that's if they have the right manuscript to copy from!

Your last statement shows hypocrisy!
If that is what you do then there should be no criticism of any scripture at all!
Your spirit is born from the letters!
So if the letters contains mistakes then the spirit is a mistaken one too!
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Kobojunkie: 2:24pm On May 22
AbuTwins:
■ So why did Jesus mentioned Abiathar if he is not concerned with him? Anyways, it is a blunder!
And David didn't just enter the house of God to take bread! He requested for it. Jesus disciples didn't make any requests. They were just taking the crops!Really dumb mistake you'll agree with me!
The only dumb mistake here is you thinking it was your place to decide whether He could reference the High priest of the time instead of the actual priest David interacted with at that time or not. I get now you are merely desperate to find yourself ways to discredit Scripture but your attempts even a kindergartner would consider ridiculous. Are there contradictions in the book? Yes! These attempts of yours to invent them though show you no smart at all. grin
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by AbuTwins: 2:41pm On May 22
Kobojunkie:
The only dumb mistake here is you thinking it was your place to decide whether He could reference the High priest of the time instead of the actual priest David interacted with at that time or not. I get now you are merely desperate to find yourself ways to discredit Scripture but your attempts even a kindergartner would consider ridiculous. Are there contradictions in the book? Yes! These attempts of yours to invent them though show you no smart at all. grin

Jesus did mention Abiathar in Mark!
Abiathar did not have any consecrated bread dealings with David! Only Ahimelech did have such dealings!

If this is not a Biblical error then i wonder what is!
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by FxMasterz: 2:57pm On May 22
AbuTwins:

You started on a wrong foot. But it is proven that Matthew and Luke used Mark and other documents to generate their respective Gospels. Luke admitted in Luke 1-1:4 he was writing to Theophilus (as you claimed) and he was writing from some hearsays purportedly from those he thought were eyewitnesses which he didn't mention!

And your assertion that if they would even edit they'll insert the right name, Ahimelech, that's if they have the right manuscript to copy from!

Your last statement shows hypocrisy!
If that is what you do then there should be no criticism of any scripture at all!
Your spirit is born from the letters!
So if the letters contains mistakes then the spirit is a mistaken one too!

What does your scripture claim? It claims to have been purportedly dictated directly from God. It should be criticized. If it fails, then the claim is invalid.

The Bible is letters and documents written by humans. It doesn't have to be 100% correct. Humans are not perfect. That's why your criticisms are useless. But then, on matters of Revelation, the Bible supercedes your so called dictated Quran which errs both scientifically and spiritually. The errors are shameful. Revelations are not human. They're directly released by God.

No matter what those scholars say, they were not there. They can only draw inferences at best. Luke told us how he found information. We trust what he said more than what any scholar thinks. Mathew and Luke don't have to copy anything from anywhere to correct the Abiathar error of Mark if they saw it. They just needed to be familiar with the story.

Jesus didn't mention the name of the priest. That's obvious. If He did, Mathew would record it. Mathew was one of the 12. Mark would rather copy from Mathew, not Mathew from Mark. That's simple logic regardless of any nonsense any scholar is saying.

The Bible is a book written by imperfect men. All God needed was the sincerity of those men. God can use your honesty to bless the world. But even if your correctness was a lie that became correct by happenstance, God can't use it.

Christianity thrives on honesty and integrity. A pastor who goes on the pulpit to lie or exaggerate anything is already doomed. We don't abhor lies. All liars are false prophets. This is not like Islam where Taqquiya glorified Allah.

My spirit is not born from the letters. Stop being ignorant. Revelation is foundation for the release of the Spirit through faith.
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by AbuTwins: 3:15pm On May 22
FxMasterz:

What does your scripture claim? It claims to have been purportedly dictated directly from God. It should be criticized. If it fails, then the claim is invalid.
I no follow! No be Qur'an post be this na!

The Bible is letters and documents written by humans. It doesn't have to be 100% correct. Humans are not perfect. That's why your criticisms are useless. But then, on matters of Revelation, the Bible supercedes your so called dictated Quran which errs both scientifically and spiritually. The errors are shameful.
Let's finish this one first before you divert to the Qur'an. Growing up i always hear the Bible is the unmistaken word of God through the spirit! The Holy Bible! So the Bible is letters and documents written by humans who are prone to mistakes?

No matter what those scholars say, they were not there. They can only draw inferences at best. Luke told us how he found information. We trust what he said more than what why scholar thinks. Mathew and Luke don't have to copy anything from anywhere to correct the Abiathar error of Mark if they saw it. They just needed to be familiar with the story.
Everyone was using the documents and information available to him. When Matthew and Luke were written, Mark was around!

Jesus didn't mention the name of the priest. That's obvious. If He did, Mathew would record it. Mathew was one of the 12. Mark would rather copy from Mathew, not Mathew from Mark. That's simple logic regardless of any nonsense any scholar us saying.
But Mark was written earlier than Matthew! So it is Matthew who would copy from Mark! Abeg drop that Matthew was among the 12. Do you thing it was the real Matthew the disciple of Jesus that wrote Matthew? grin

Matthew 9:9 Matthew was writing and mentioning his name like this:
As Jesus went on from there, He saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax booth. “Follow Me,” He told him, and Matthew got up and followed Him.

He met Jesus in Matthew 9:9 above, where did he get the materials to write Matthew 1-9:8 from when he never knew Jesus? grin

The Bible is a book written by imperfect men. All God needed was the sincerity of those men. God can use your honesty to bless the world. But even if your correctness was a lie that became correct by happenstance. God can't use it.
This is coping!

Christianity thrives on honesty and integrity. A pastor who goes on the pulpit to lie or exaggerate anything is already doomed. We don't abhor lies. All liars are false prophets. This is not like Islam where Taqquiya glorified Allah.
This is coping!

[/quote]My spirit is not born from the letters. Stop being ignorant. Revelation is foundation for the release of the Spirit through faith[/quote] Even your spirit is as false as what Mark wrote! Have you heard about Mark 16:9-20 (Longer Ending of Mark) that is disputed and expunged from some translations of the Bible?

Make i create a thread on that later! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Level Of Debate On This Forum Is Disappointing... / Who Got Baptised 1st? Tom Cruise Or Van Damme (see Pics) / Mohammed Night Journey To Heaven Story: Who Are We To Believe?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.