Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,824 members, 7,872,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:32 PM

Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! (1513 Views)

God Never Rest, It's Biblical Error / History Of Copernicus: Man Who Asserted Heliocentric Fact Against Biblical Error / Looking For A Very Strong Juju Priest Or Pastor Or Alfa Or Anybody That Can See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by AbuTwins: 6:53pm On May 23
TenQ:

Did Jesus say it was Abiathar that gave David the Holy Bread?

Jesus said in the time of Abiathar the high priest! It was actually the time of Ahimelech! Abiathar was never mentioned as high priest during Ahimelech's time.

Show me when the Bible mentions Abiathar as high priest?

Show us where Abiathar had any bread dealings with David?

And show us where David entered the house of God and took bread like the disciples did?

The liar is clear.
Even your disciple Fzmasterz agreed it was a mistake. Here you are being adamant to cover up lies.

Abeg I no time to waste on Mark's error of portrayal of Jesus as an ignoramus or a liar!
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by FatherCHRISTMAS(f): 6:58pm On May 23
SeraphEl:
It is also (sadly) telling to note that you went with "Jesus made mistake", rather than ascribing the error to possible transcription changes over time. It shows that your intent is less than noble, but 'malicious'.

The explanation above says it all. You make no sense. Your explanations is of 2 different people with same name; who served as priests at different times. But what do I expect since you are demonically inspired.

You confuse 2 different people with same name who served at different times. In those days, as it is today, many people went by same name. And same people went by many names.

Simple. End of story. Stop seeking for contradictions where there is none. If you had bothered to actually google and search various explanations OR just Thought ANALYTICALLY, you would have not posted this embarrassing reply.

The problem is most of them just carry the English translation and think they understand the scripture already.
If they had an indept knowledge of the Torah and the spetuagint, it would have been easier to explain to them, those were not errors.

How do you start to explain biblical Hebrew and biblical Greek to them?
Its even much harder to convince them because they aren't actually looking for knowledge but negative criticism
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by TenQ: 8:14pm On May 23
AbuTwins:

Jesus said in the time of Abiathar the high priest! It was actually the time of Ahimelech! Abiathar was never mentioned as high priest during Ahimelech's time.

And show us where David entered the house of God and took bread like the disciples did?

The liar is clear.
Even your disciple Fzmasterz agreed it was a mistake. Here you are being adamant to cover up lies.

Abeg I no time to waste on Mark's error of portrayal of Jesus as an ignoramus or a liar!
Can you show me where Jesus said it was the High Priest?

Your eyes is seeing double!
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by advocatejare(m): 8:47pm On May 23
FxMasterz:

If demons lived inside his prophet, why shouldn't they live inside him too?
Of course, Muhammad said demons are attached to all of them and that the demons sleep inside their nostrils every night and that is why they rinse their nostrils with water during ablutions to chase the demons away! How dumb can that be? Using water to chase demons away grin

I heard there are even Muslim demons.
Yes, they share religion with demons

Quran 72:14
And among us (Al-jinn) are Muslims and among us are the unjust. And whoever has become Muslim - those have sought out the right course.

Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by FxMasterz: 8:52pm On May 23
advocatejare:

Of course, Muhammad said demons are attached to all of them and that the demons sleep inside their nostrils every night and that is why they rinse their nostrils with water during ablutions to chase the demons away! How dumb can that be? Using water to chase demons away grin
Only a brainwashed human being would believe that water would chase demons away from his nose. Lolz.

Yes, they share religion with demons

Quran 72:14
And among us (Al-jinn) are Muslims and among us are the unjust. And whoever has become Muslim - those have sought out the right course.

Why are they then sending the demons away with water? Don't they want their fellow Muslims to keep dwelling in their nostrils?

Abutwins, aka antichristian, can you answer the question please?

1 Like

Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Aemmyjah(m): 10:32pm On May 23
FxMasterz:

Who are you that I cannot debate you? What do you make of yourself? You must be very arrogant!

Because that's exactly what Mark said. If Mark has said the right thing, there'll be no need for the use of the word 'Hermeneutical SOLUTION'

'In the time of' is not a notion but another MEANING of epi. epi also means 'in the time of', it also means 'during'. While 'on account of' is a notion and not another meaning for epi.

I have shown you AI screenshots that tells you that epi means 'During' and 'in the time of'. epi does not mean 'on account of' - that's just an 'Hermeneutical SOLUTION'. An idea I wouldn't buy.

But epi could mean in the passage about shey?

See the screenshot below
It used the same preposition, epi, not epic

Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by MightySparrow: 6:41am On May 24
FatherCHRISTMAS:

The problem is most of them just carry the English translation and think they understand the scripture already.
If they had an indept knowledge of the Torah and the spetuagint, it would have been easier to explain to them, those were not errors.

How do you start to explain biblical Hebrew and biblical Greek to them?
Its even much harder to convince them because they aren't actually looking for knowledge but negative criticism

You are right sister. When you see a die hard, chronic, unreasonable Muslim, they think they know the Bible more than the Christians. They neither know Hebrew, Aramaic, or Greek. Funny enough, most of them don't even know Arabic , the language of their religion. Many of them bear such names as ladder ( mustapha), key, and so on....

They flex muscle here.

The Bible has fewer words from God and history of how the recipients related to the words.

Many of those things written were not written by eye witnesses. Luke for instance, wrote as a researcher, and forwarded his writings to another person.

Quran is different. Quran was ' dictated ' to Mohammed. But, in the editing if Quran, after the compilation, all other resources were burned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by AbuTwins: 8:33am On May 24
TenQ:

Can you show me where Jesus said it was the High Priest?

Your eyes is seeing double!

The liar is clear.

SEE THE HIGH PRIEST IN RED BELOW FROM YOUR COMMENT!
TenQ:

1. Was there only ONE priest in Israel at the time of David?
1 Sam 22:11
11 So the king sent to call Ahimelech the priest, the son of Ahitub, and all his father’s house, the priests who were in Nob. And they all came to the king.

Abiathar was a Priest as well as his Father Ahimelech!
2. Is it untrue that Both Ahimelech (Father) and Abiathar (the Son) were alive at the time David eat from the Holy Bread?
1 Sam 22:18-20
18 And the king said to Doeg, “You turn and kill the priests!” So Doeg the Edomite turned and struck the priests, and killed on that day eighty-five men who wore a linen ephod. 19 Also Nob, the city of the priests, he struck with the edge of the sword, both men and women, children and nursing infants, oxen and donkeys and sheep—with the edge of the sword.
20 Now one of the sons of Ahimelech the son of Ahitub, named Abiathar, escaped and fled after David. 21 And Abiathar told David that Saul had killed the Lord’s priests. 22 So David said to Abiathar, “I knew that day, when Doeg the Edomite was there, that he would surely tell Saul. I have caused the death of all the persons of your father’s house.
23 Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”

85 Priests were killed by King Saul that day alone sir.

Abiathar escaped the massacre of the Priests and ran to David for protection.
3. Since both Ahimelech and Abiathar were alive at the time of David, Jesus was correct in saying

Mark 2:26
26 how he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and ate the showbread, which is not lawful to eat except for the priests, and also gave some to those who were with him?”
It was in the days of Abiathar the Priest.

As Abiathar was the more popular Priest who was at the time of King David!

Was the event not in the Days of Abiathar the Priest?

Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by FxMasterz: 12:36pm On May 24
Aemmyjah:

But epi could mean in the passage about shey?

See the screenshot below
It used the same preposition, epi, not epic

You're still not giving us the justification for the use of the word "account". You said it's a notion. An insertion that happened as a result of some hermeneutical solution.

Meanwhile 'in the time of' is not a nation. Neither is it an hermeneutical solution. It is one of the natural meanings of epi. It fits naturally into the verse and its context, while the hermeneutical solution has to bring in a word foreign to the verse - 'account', to give it a new meaning.
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Aemmyjah(m): 2:51pm On May 24
FxMasterz:

You're still not giving us the justification for the use of the word "account". You said it's a notion. An insertion that happened as a result of some hermeneutical solution.

Meanwhile 'in the time of' is not a nation. Neither is it an hermeneutical solution. It is one of the natural meanings of epi. It fits naturally into the verse and its context, while the hermeneutical solution has to bring in a word foreign to the verse - 'account', to give it a new meaning.

In the passage of is also one of the natural meanings of epi as I showed u from Luke account of the thornbush
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by FxMasterz: 2:56pm On May 24
Aemmyjah:

In the passage of is also one of the natural meanings of epi as I showed u from Luke account of the thornbush

I remember you showing me for the word 'epic' and not the Greek word 'epi'.
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by TenQ: 4:42pm On May 24
AbuTwins:

The liar is clear.

SEE THE HIGH PRIEST IN RED BELOW FROM YOUR COMMENT!
My question was simple:
Can you show me where Jesus said it was the High Priest who gave the bread to David?

Jesus said : "In the Days of Abiathar the High Priest"

Was Abiathar NOT a High Priest?

Jesus was simply saying that the event happened in the time of Abiathar the High Priest. The "High Priest" is a Qualifier to know which of the Abiathar was being referred to by Jesus.

If I said:
During the Nigerian Civil War, President Olusegun Obasanjo commanded the 3rd Marine Commando Division of the Nigerian Army.

Is this statement an indication that Colonel Obasanjo was President of Nigeria at that time or that "the identity of "President Obasanjo" (he is no longer even the president) lead the 3rd Marine Commando Division of the Nigerian Army.

Another example:
President Muhammadu Buhari served as Nigeria's head of state in 1984–85 after a military coup on December .
Was Buhari already president in 1984-1985?

If you cannot understand this simple English, too bad.
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by AbuTwins: 4:50pm On May 24
TenQ:

My question was simple:
Can you show me where Jesus said it was the High Priest who gave the bread to David?

Jesus said : "In the Days of Abiathar the High Priest"

It was not in the days of Abiathar the High Priest! It was accurately in the days of Ahimelech the Priest!
This is a biblical inaccuracy!

Was Abiathar NOT a High Priest?
He became one after his father died and he escaped!

Jesus was simply saying that the event happened in the time of Abiathar the High Priest. The "High Priest" is a Qualifier to know which of the Abiathar was being referred to by Jesus.
Once again, it was not in the days of Abiathar at all but that of his father Ahimelech!

If I said:
During the Nigerian Civil War, President Olusegun Obasanjo commanded the 3rd Marine Commando Division of the Nigerian Army.

Is this statement an indication that Colonel Obasanjo was President of Nigeria at that time or that "the identity of "President Obasanjo" (he is no longer even the president) lead the 3rd Marine Commando Division of the Nigerian Army.

Another example:
President Muhammadu Buhari served as Nigeria's head of state in 1984–85 after a military coup on December .
Was Buhari already president in 1984-1985?

If you cannot understand this simple English, too bad.

You sure had a better understanding of English than me!
The Bible was written in English!
Jesus and the disciples were English men!

Summary of Error!
1. The incident of David happened in the days of Ahimelech the father of Abiathar!
2. David did not enter the house of God to just take bread without permission like the disciples did! He requested for loves of bread which was not available before opting for consecrated bread!
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by TenQ: 10:33am On May 25
AbuTwins:

It was not in the days of Abiathar the High Priest! It was accurately in the days of Ahimelech the Priest!
This is a biblical inaccuracy!

He became one after his father died and he escaped!

Once again, it was not in the days of Abiathar at all but that of his father Ahimelech!

You sure had a better understanding of English than me!
The Bible was written in English!
Jesus and the disciples were English men!
Too Bad: You could have proved the error with Arabic, Greek or Aramaic!

You think fighting with the Bible will free you from the serious flaws by both Allah and his prophet Mohammed: you are mistaken.

Face the truth I have revealed to you: Its for your own good.

Summary of Error!
1. The incident of David happened in the days of Ahimelech the father of Abiathar!
[/quote]
As Abiathar was not even yet born. It wasn't his time and he was never a high priest in Israel
AbuTwins:

2. David did not enter the house of God to just take bread without permission like the disciples did! He requested for loves of bread which was not available before opting for consecrated bread!
This wasn't the point. Jesus was addressing the law of Moses which was seemingly violated by both David and His Disciples.
Mark 2:27-28
27 Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. 28 So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

Jesus highlighted just two things:
1. The law of the Sabbath was made for man to rest and not the other way round.
2. He was greater than the giver of the Law of the Sabbath

Of course, you don't want to know and neither can you understand for Allah has deceived and blinded you just as he did to Iblis. Until Quran 19:71 is fulfilled you will not hear.

Have a nice day!

Note:
It takes just one error in the Quran and Allah is FALSE!
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by AbuTwins: 1:29pm On May 25
TenQ:

Too Bad: You could have proved the error with Arabic, Greek or Aramaic!

You think fighting with the Bible will free you from the serious flaws by both Allah and his prophet Mohammed: you are mistaken.

Face the truth I have revealed to you: Its for your own good.
You have no truth! It is clearly a Biblical error!

Summary of Error!

As Abiathar was not even yet born. It wasn't his time and he was never a high priest in Israel

Jesus said : "In the Days of Abiathar the High Priest". Abiathar there is an error which is supposed to be Ahimelech! Now you agree there was a mistake! Why the strong head before! grin

This wasn't the point. Jesus was addressing the law of Moses which was seemingly violated by both David and His Disciples.
Mark 2:27-28
27 Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

Jesus highlighted just two things:
1. The law of the Sabbath was made for man to rest and not the other way round.
2. He was greater than the giver of the Law of the Sabbath

And the violation of the law was different in the cases of David and Jesus's disciples.
Jesus' disciples were accused of breaking the Sabbath, while David was not accused but rather put Ahimelech in a difficult position regarding the consecrated bread.

All this were made up for Jesus to seem like a God which he clearly isn't!
What actually happened was the abrogation of some of Moses's law!
It wasn't even the Son of man that was committing the deed but his apostles!

Have a nice day too!
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by TenQ: 7:15pm On May 25
AbuTwins:
You have no truth! It is clearly a Biblical error!

Jesus said : "In the Days of Abiathar the High Priest". Abiathar there is an error which is supposed to be Ahimelech! Now you agree there was a mistake! Why the strong head before! grin

And the violation of the law was different in the cases of David and Jesus's disciples.
Jesus' disciples were accused of breaking the Sabbath, while David was not accused but rather put Ahimelech in a difficult position regarding the consecrated bread.

All this were made up for Jesus to seem like a God which he clearly isn't!
What actually happened was the abrogation of some of Moses's law!
It wasn't even the Son of man that was committing the deed but his apostles!

Have a nice day too!
Sing like a Cuckoo till next year if you like insisting on what you are ignorant about. It doesnt cahnge a thing about you and your fate
1. Allah has destined you for hell fire and you cannot escape it Quran 19:71
2. Exactly as Allah deceived Iblis, he has deceived you Quran 15:39 and you are slamming your head on the ground daily in error
3. Of course Allah is not the God of Abraham or Moses or the prophets of Israel. Allah has 99 names and none of these name is Yahweh, the most sacred name of God the Creator.
4. Muhammad is Allah in disguise: if not, tell me why Mohammed has 99 (or 201) names which carries only the attributes of Allah. Check these names and tell me that they are not attributes of Allah
Aadil, Afoow, Ahmad, Awwal, Qarib, Hafeey, Hafiz, Hakeem, Haq, Jaami, Kaaf, Kaamil, Nur

Wake up Bro!
*A God who thinks women have reproductive fluids from their rib bones is not God
*The God who does not know that the sun does not set in some murky water is not God.
*A God who can only be in one location at a time is at best Iblis
* A God who tells as real stories and fables of the ancients is not God

How you Ignore the Messiah for this 419 of a man baffle's me.
It can only be a deep satanic deception!
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Kobojunkie: 1:20am On May 26
FatherCHRISTMAS:
∆ The problem is most of them just carry the English translation and think they understand the scripture already.
∆ How do you start to explain biblical Hebrew and biblical Greek to them? its even much harder to convince them because they aren't actually looking for knowledge but negative criticism
Nonsense! No knowledge of the septuigant is necessary to understand the Gospel of the Old Testament. most English translations developed without ulterior motive are all what needs to understand what Jesus Christ said in this case. undecided

2. Abeg get away with these ludicrous claims of yours.
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by FatherCHRISTMAS(f): 3:11am On May 26
Kobojunkie:
Nonsense! No knowledge of the septuigant is necessary to understand the Gospel of the Old Testament. most English translations developed without ulterior motive are all what needs to understand what Jesus Christ said in this case. undecided

2. Abeg get away with these ludicrous claims of yours.

You are confusing yourself again undecided
*Torah... Hebrew ... Old Testament
*Spetuagint.... Greek.... New testament

So how will you use spetuagint to understand old Testament? They are two different path on language basis now.

The Bible is the combination of the torah and Spetuagint. If you want to understand a people, you learn there language.
When you learn their language, you notice the usage of verbs and 2nd person noun and several other aspects that can't be adequately translated to English scripture.

This lack of knowledge, is bornes most of these anti Christian threads
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Kobojunkie: 3:15am On May 26
FatherCHRISTMAS:
■ You are confusing yourself again undecided
*Torah... Hebrew ... Old Testament
*Spetuagint.... Greek.... New testament
So how will you use spetuagint to understand old Testament? They are two different path on language basis now. The Bible is the combination of the torah and Spetuagint. If you want to understand a people, you learn there language.
When you learn their language, you notice the usage of verbs and 2nd person noun and several other aspects that can't be adequately translated to English scripture. This lack of knowledge, is bornes most of these anti Christian threads
You do know that the Septuagint was written before the birth of Jesus Christ, right? undecided
The Origins of the Septuagint
The very first translation of the Hebrew Bible was made into Greek, probably as early as the third century BC. This, the so-called Septuagint translation of the Hebrew Bible into Greek, is traditionally dated to the reign of Ptolemy II Philadelphus of Egypt (285-246 BC).
It is commonly called the 'Septuagint' version (from the Latin for 'seventy') because according to the traditional account of its origin, preserved in the so-called Letter of Aristeas, it had seventy-two translators. This letter tells how King Ptolemy II commissioned the royal librarian, Demetrius of Phaleron, to collect by purchase or by copying all the books in the world. He wrote a letter to Eleazar, the high priest at Jerusalem, requesting six elders of each tribe, in total seventy-two men, of exemplary life and learned in the Torah, to translate it into Greek.
On arrival at Alexandria, the translators were greeted by the king and given a sumptuous banquet. They were then closeted in a secluded house on the island of Pharos close to the seashore, where the celebrated 110 m. high lighthouse, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, had just been finished.
Or are you talking here of an entirely different book that Google is not aware of? undecided

Jesus Christ is famously believed to have read from the Septuigant when He visited a synagogue in Nazareth. undecided
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by FatherCHRISTMAS(f): 7:54am On May 26
Kobojunkie:
You do know that the Septuagint was written before the birth of Jesus Christ, right? undecided
Or are you talking here of an entirely different book that Google is not aware of? undecided

Jesus Christ is famously believed to have read from the Septuigant when He visited a synagogue in Nazareth. undecided

Yes but are the languages the same?
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Kobojunkie: 8:08am On May 26
FatherCHRISTMAS:
∆ Yes but are the languages the same?
Why should the languages be the same? What two languages do you know of that are the same abeg? undecided
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by FatherCHRISTMAS(f): 8:09am On May 26
Kobojunkie:
Why should the languages be the same? What two languages do you know of that are the same abeg? undecided
awori and Yoruba
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by Kobojunkie: 8:14am On May 26
FatherCHRISTMAS:
awori and Yoruba
Last I checked, Awori is instead a dialect of the Yoruba language. undecided
Re: Abiathar The Priest Or Ahimelek The Priest? Another Biblical Error! by AbuTwins: 9:29am On May 27
TenQ:

Sing like a Cuckoo till next year if you like insisting on what you are ignorant about. It doesnt cahnge a thing about you and your fate
1. Allah has destined you for hell fire and you cannot escape it Quran 19:71
2. Exactly as Allah deceived Iblis, he has deceived you Quran 15:39 and you are slamming your head on the ground daily in error
3. Of course Allah is not the God of Abraham or Moses or the prophets of Israel. Allah has 99 names and none of these name is Yahweh, the most sacred name of God the Creator.
4. Muhammad is Allah in disguise: if not, tell me why Mohammed has 99 (or 201) names which carries only the attributes of Allah. Check these names and tell me that they are not attributes of Allah
Aadil, Afoow, Ahmad, Awwal, Qarib, Hafeey, Hafiz, Hakeem, Haq, Jaami, Kaaf, Kaamil, Nur

Wake up Bro!
*A God who thinks women have reproductive fluids from their rib bones is not God
*The God who does not know that the sun does not set in some murky water is not God.
*A God who can only be in one location at a time is at best Iblis
* A God who tells as real stories and fables of the ancients is not God

How you Ignore the Messiah for this 419 of a man baffle's me.
It can only be a deep satanic deception!

I am awake!
What about the Error of Jesus mistaking Abiathar for Ahimelech?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Deepsight / A Letter From Devil / Are There Only 144,000 People In Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.