Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,129 members, 7,880,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:14 PM

These Fears Are Real At 33 - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / These Fears Are Real At 33 (7803 Views)

Nigerian Women Are Not Too Old At 33 - Man Criticizes Double Standard / At 33 Am I Wrong For Not Having A Serious Wife? / Nigerian Lady Called Out For Not Being Married At 33 Replies Her Critics - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Love800(m): 8:49pm On May 26
Hi
I dont get you.
DonroxyII:
Is this not One hell of a Sense...

People would say Nairalander no get sense ... See Sense Everywhere !

1 Like

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Love800(m): 9:41pm On May 26
Okay.
I understood u.
Thanks for your appreciation.
DonroxyII:
Is this not One hell of a Sense...

People would say Nairalander no get sense ... See Sense Everywhere !

1 Like

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by elkon(m): 11:13pm On May 26
Coolmagy:
Guys are really going through a lot, it's rear to see guys coming out like this to speak out. But man no dey help man. Women usually stand a better chance of getting help from man than there fellow man. Very very sad.
you are damn right. I don't know wetin man do man I swear. I'm working in an hotel as a janitor or should I say portal after helping those male guest with their luggage and the end of the day you will see them tipping my female colleagues. E dey make me laugh

2 Likes

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Lance008(m): 12:03am On May 27
Bro do something now there is still time or u regret at 40

1 Like

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:28am On May 27
33 Is not too late to change your life. Get to work and stop sulking or you will be regretting at 40

2 Likes

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Gerrard59(m): 2:44am On May 27
It is funny how miscreants who and/or whose parents campaigned and voted for Buhari in 2015 are stunned that things have worsened over time. What were you lots expecting?! Fast-growing economy? You people ganged up against a president whose tenure witnessed unprecedented GDP growth rates, a ruthless onslaught against Boko Haram (a political invention anyway) and a diversifying economy. No!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Una say you wanted to phight kwarruption, so you voted a feudalist who was grossly incompetent!

Buhari’s antecedents date to 1984 when some of you were either zygotes, babies or una mama and papa were chanting to themselves I love you, oya talk ya own. After witnessing the terrible policies the disgruntled cattle rearer implemented, you lots conspired to vote him again in 2015 because he would handle cecurity, while the reticent pastor would handle the heconomi. How the matter don go?

This is a man who had 150 cows year in, year out! Buhari’s cows defied the basic laws of economics and biology! None of you people bothered to ask why. A man who proclaimed that he would advance the implementation of Sharia across the entire country. Una say he was the best thing since sliced bread. In 2016/7, there were countless threads on Nairaland by Nigerians who ventured into agriculture as a result of the policies of GEJ and his Agric Minister. People were investing into large-scale poultry, cassava, corn, soybeans etc., plantations. This incompetent feudalist empowered his marauding brothers to wreak havoc across farmlands waylaying people, burning farms and destroying investments worth millions! You lots still voted for him 2019 (not like an erstwhile dictator would have lost an election anyway). Ever since then, una don see anybody comot millions talk say him or her wan invest in kini kon large agricultural farm land? Everybody don run go yukay to clean oyibo yansh! Even Rotimi Williams, the then second biggest rice farmer in the country, fled to Senegal: https://www.nairaland.com/7723312/nigerian-kidnap-gangs-drive-big-time

Even those currently farming, can you enter your farms at peace?

Prior to Buhari’s ascendancy, hookup were not rife nor was yahoo yahoo. But today? The rate of hookup has ballooned while that of yahoo yahoo has swelled. Una no go ask questions to know why certain practices became so common. Why won’t they since children became orphans as a result of incessant killings across the country or parents wrecked financially as a result of continuous kidnapping of their children. Parents of kidnapped children in Kaduna in a year and few months paid ransoms of over 500 million naira. Nigerians across the North Central were butchered like suya! Una keep quiet.

Today, e don red and you bastards are lamenting of failed heconomi and lost years! Foolish people! Una never see anything! This is just the preamble!

franchasofficia:
This story is touching. Unfortunately one person alone who isn't a billionaire yet and not even a government official cannot make a visible change.

Seu.n please how can you pull willing Nairalanders together to assist some focused, willing, sincere and dedicated Nairalanders with a Nairaland skill acquisition and business training with some startup capital or tools at the end of the training? I am willing to be a part of it, unfortunately I am not a billionaire yet to embark on this journey alone, so we need a crowdfunding or joint committee of volunteers to do this, I am in.

Se.un Os.ewa lead this, open a thread for it and call for volunteers and put the thread on front page everyday for 30 days let's get this started because APC government have shattered hope for most Nigerian youths, it's sad. We need to play our own part as willing individuals and help the few we can and also encourage more volunteers to come on board to pull more youths out of this situation.

Sighs

Total nonsense! Why should you, an Igbo man, proffer solutions to miscreants who voted for a man who called your region a dot and promised to repeat the lessons your ancestors learnt over 50 years ago? When you folks were flogged like babies in Lagos during the 2023 elections, did any of the miscreants lamenting offer to assist you and heal your wounds? So, why cry more than the bereaved?

This Christianity of a religion don make Igbos not to understand that there are certain people you don’t forgive or forget what they did to you. A Buharist would always harbour hatred towards you as an Igbo man even if you offer your assets to him or her. These people loathe you so dearly and were actually shining their rotten teeth when young Igbo men were forced to drink mud water. Have you helped those men before these miscreants who campaigned and voted for Buhari in 2015?!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Double0h7(f): 2:48am On May 27
Blessedpalms:
These fears are more than real the moment you hit 33. I looked in my mirror and saw my beards, becoming everything I feared.
I have never felt so lonely in a world filled with 7 billon humans. Too much worries

Maybe I should have took that risk, maybe I should have learnt something instead of just focusing on academics. I keep thinking about everything I could have done earlier. Maybe I should have started this 5 years ago at 28. Maybe I should have started that 7 years ago when I was 26.
But it's unfortunate those years are in the past now.

It's my fault, I was optimistic and thought things were going to be better. Government employment, good salary. I'll have a good career and my own family. Maybe a wife and 2 kids.
I just laughed at myself now,
This clown got No kids, no business
maybe that's even a blessing in disguise because how do I feed them?
I have always been afraid not being able to be there for people around me talk less of my kids. These fears are real because I can't even be there for myself.

I am not the type that blames anyone. I feel like life has a way of telling you optimism is weakness and a lie.
Don't get me wrong, Life is kind to many others
And this is where temptations comes, you start to see society and crime from a different perspective.
No one is free from this kinds of temptations

No one is free from this kinds of temptations.
This is why I find it hard to blame call girls and women in clubs acting a stripper. You don't know the kind of struggles that push people to where they are. I have grown and learnt not to make mockery of anyone. Some of them aren't even 33 yet. Alot of things tempt people to Fall. Many people with no real jobs.

Appprehsive about what to eat, appprehsive about health, Appprehsive about neighborhood asking for any fee, apprehensive about Rent, Appprehsive about aged parents. I don't know what tomorrow holds. You tell people to teach you things, they tell you, you're too old.

I am at a point where I am trying not fall. It's emotionally shattering. NO job, no real solid financial backing. It feels like only you in the world. you have to fight and figure it all out.
You think, Plan, write but see, it all feels like a meaningless scribble.

If you you are still 25 or 26 now is the time to do something. Just do something, forget about optimism. Optimism is deceptive.
Do everything not to stumble and fall in the future. Don't be bothered about what people think about what you do. You'll only be respected if you are able to care for yourself and people around you.

Let me add my own; a different gender, a different generation, and from a different destination. I’m halfway across the ocean, 10 years older than you yet I’m experiencing the same situation.

In reality; it doesn’t matter in the long run. Those who did the right things, ticked all the boxes; education, family and responsibilities can find themselves in the exact same position as those who didn’t do any of it.

Life is a joke!

It’s only through depression that you see the light.

It doesn’t matter after all that is done because we’re all worm food at the end.

You can tick all the boxes until the end of time but there’s nobody at the finishing line giving out trophies.

The only satisfaction is doing right by your consequence.

If you had children do right by them, if you had a loving partner then do right by them but if you have neither then relax because you have nothing to account for and nothing to stand by.

Lass lass we go dey alright 🫶

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:59am On May 27
Gerrard59:
It is funny how miscreants who and/or whose parents campaigned and voted for Buhari in 2015 are stunned that things have worsened over time. What were you lots expecting?! Fast-growing economy? You people ganged up against a president whose tenure witnessed unprecedented GDP growth rates, a ruthless onslaught against Boko Haram (a political invention anyway) and a diversifying economy. No!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Una say you wanted to phight kwarruption, so you voted a feudalist who was grossly incompetent!

Buhari’s antecedents date to 1984 when some of you were either zygotes, babies or una mama and papa were chanting to themselves I love you, oya talk ya own. After witnessing the terrible policies the disgruntled cattle rearer implemented, you lots conspired to vote him again in 2015 because he would handle cecurity, while the reticent pastor would handle the heconomi. How the matter don go?

This is a man who had 150 cows year in, year out! Buhari’s cows defied the basic laws of economics and biology! None of you people bothered to ask why. A man who proclaimed that he would advance the implementation of Sharia across the entire country. Una say he was the best thing since sliced bread. In 2016/7, there were countless threads on Nairaland by Nigerians who ventured into agriculture as a result of the policies of GEJ and his Agric Minister. People were investing into large-scale poultry, cassava, corn, soybeans etc., plantations. This incompetent feudalist empowered his marauding brothers to wreak havoc across farmlands waylaying people, burning farms and destroying investments worth millions! You lots still voted for him 2019 (not like an erstwhile dictator would have lost an election anyway). Ever since then, una don see anybody comot millions talk say him or her wan invest in kini kon large agricultural farm land? Everybody don run go yukay to clean oyibo yansh! Even Rotimi Williams, the then second biggest rice farmer in the country, fled to Senegal: https://www.nairaland.com/7723312/nigerian-kidnap-gangs-drive-big-time

Prior to Buhari’s ascendancy, hookup were not rife nor was yahoo yahoo. But today? The rate of hookup has ballooned while that of yahoo yahoo has swelled. Una no go ask questions to know why certain practices became so common. Why won’t they since children became orphans as a result of incessant killings across the country or parents wrecked financially as a result of continuous kidnapping of their children. Parents of kidnapped children in Kaduna in a year and few months paid ransoms of over 500 million naira. Nigerians across the North Central were butchered like suya! Una keep quiet.

Today, e don red and you bastards are lamenting of failed heconomi and lost years! Foolish people! Una never see anything! This is just the preamble!

Total nonsense! Why should you, an Igbo man, proffer solutions to miscreants who voted for a man who called your region a dot and promised to repeat the lessons your ancestors learnt over 50 years ago? When you folks were flogged like babies in Lagos during the 2023 elections, did any of the miscreants lamenting offer to assist you and heal your wounds? So, why cry more than the bereaved?

This Christianity of a religion don make Igbos not to understand that there are certain people you don’t forgive or forget what they did to you. A Buharist would always harbour hatred towards you as an Igbo man even if you offer your assets to him or her. These people loathe you so dearly and were actually shining their rotten teeth when young Igbo men were forced to drink mud water. Have you helped those men before these miscreants who campaigned and voted for Buhari in 2015?!
Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by franchasofficia: 6:54am On May 27
Gerrard59:

All you said are obvious truths.

It's really sad, sighs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Streak47: 7:24am On May 27
Blessedpalms:
These fears are more than real the moment you hit 33. I looked in my mirror and saw my beards, becoming everything I feared.
I have never felt so lonely in a world filled with 7 billon humans. Too much worries

Maybe I should have took that risk, maybe I should have learnt something instead of just focusing on academics. I keep thinking about everything I could have done earlier. Maybe I should have started this 5 years ago at 28. Maybe I should have started that 7 years ago when I was 26.

It's my fault, I was optimistic and thought things were going to be better. Government employment, good salary. I'll have a good career and my own family. Maybe a wife and 2 kids.
I have always been afraid not being able to be there for people around me talk less of my kids. These fears are real because I can't even be there for myself.

I am not the type that blames anyone. I feel like life has a way of telling you optimism is weakness and a lie.
And this is where temptations comes, you start to see society and crime from a different perspective.

This is why I find it hard to blame call girls and women in clubs acting a stripper. You don't know the kind of struggles that push people to where they are. I have grown and learnt not to make mockery of anyone. Some of them aren't even 33 yet. Alot of things tempt people to Fall. Many people with no real jobs.

Appprehsive about what to eat, appprehsive about health, Appprehsive about neighborhood asking for any fee, apprehensive about Rent, Appprehsive about aged parents. I don't know what tomorrow holds. You tell people to teach you things, they tell you, you're too old.

I am at a point where I am trying not fall. It's emotionally shattering. NO job, no real solid financial backing. It feels like only you in the world. you have to fight and figure it all out.

If you you are still 25 or 26 now is the time to do something. Just do something, forget about optimism. Optimism is deceptive.
Do everything not to stumble and fall in the future. Don't be bothered about what people think about what you do. You'll only be respected if you are able to care for yourself and people around you.

Never give up. The system in our clime is designed to make the average person fail. My advice, get a mentor or any skill that's proven to be highly profitable. And learn 1 to 3 years to master and in your 40s you might be resting. Don't just give up yet.

2 Likes

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by narite: 12:38pm On May 27
Just few days ago I met a young man who was diagnosed with a high blood pressure, not that this is a new phenomenon to me, what makes it strange to me is that this young man his just 23 years old.

Just yesterday’s night; I saw an adult, very beautiful lady, beautifully dressed crying and lamenting as she was walking away. I was really scared but had to muster the courage to approach her and trying to find out what could be wrong, turns out it over something I see very silly.

@33, you already feel you are late and pretty over.

What happened to us? Humanity has fallen in all areas of life. Humans use to be tougher.

2 Likes

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Villa12(m): 5:52pm On May 27
okoroemeka:
say about your own woman the greatest motivator that is pushing me beyond targets and what I even thought is impossible is my wife
don't encourage people to settle down when they're still struggling. It's the reason we have more poor people in Nigeria today. How many family started from scratch in Nigeria and have break out of poverty today? Very minimal.

3 Likes

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by 0neal(m): 1:00am On May 28
I will hit the double three this year

completed a professional certification program successfully 2017, I have not been able to complete the part payment to get the license (I was able to raise 60% which is the part payment allowed to take the exams).

Looking back I wished I had put myself first, as most of my colleagues have gone way ahead of me, and even married with kid(s).

But I am still unmarried and carrying my family responsibilities on my head as the first Son with three sisters in uni, aged parent & other siblings to support.

I raised the Money after COVID but a pressing family demand came up, had to divert the fund to meet it.
and ever since it has been one emergency call after another.

The responsibilities keep increasing as the economy keeps getting "better"

6 Likes

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by qtguru(m): 1:52am On May 28
Honestly I used to feel the same, but one thing i have learnt as a man, complaining changes nothing, I never acknowledge down times, I just sleep it off and think about how to move forward.

The reason why I say so is because, I allowed that negative thinking to affect me that it threw me into drugs and alcohol to cope, because what you will realize that as a guy, almost no one comes to your support, You have to be intentional about keeping a network of support to be able to make it.

Sometimes that's just how life is, some are born into poverty with no escape.

Only thing I can say is try and create as much value, so you can be of use to others with means.

It is well,

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by zanebaddo(m): 3:26am On May 28
Blessedpalms:

Brother you have a skill already. You can write well. Go into copy writing!!!

2 Likes

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Acidosis(m): 7:25am On May 28
Seeing the number 33 sends shivers down my spine again. I lost my wife hours after childbirth some 33 days ago. She was 33 when she passed. Big dreams, big things we both planned all seem like they're over, right? But really, they are not. She lived a purposeful life. I'm mourning, ignoring the many "if" and "what if" scenarios—the thoughts won't stop coming if you allow them—and finding the courage to take care of two newborn babies. My point? Don't be too hard on yourself. Embrace the challenges and learn to recognise the blessings. All will be well and, more importantly, remember that good or bad, fast or slow, everything will come to an end someday. Make that a reality check.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by folake4u(f): 7:40am On May 28
Acidosis:
Seeing the number 33 sends shivers down my spine again. I lost my wife hours after childbirth some 33 days ago. She was 33 when she passed. Big dreams, big things we both planned all seem like they're over, right? But really, they are not. She lived a purposeful life. I'm mourning, ignoring the many "if" and "what if" scenarios—the thoughts won't stop coming if you allow them—and finding the courage to take care of two newborn babies. My point? Don't be too hard on yourself. Embrace the challenges and learn to recognise the blessings. All will be well and, more importantly, remember that good or bad, fast or slow, everything will come to an end someday. Make that a reality check.

Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!

Omgggggg Acid. I'm so sorry to hear that.

I will call you later.
Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by GloriousGbola: 8:05am On May 28
Acidosis:

I'm sorry for your loss.
Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by emmaodet: 9:18am On May 28
Acidosis:

Acidiosis, sorry bro.
I am really sorry for hearing this.
Sorry for your loss
Chaii...2 kids with you now to cater for.
May God guide you on how to proceed from here on...Amen

2 Likes

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by qtguru(m): 9:21am On May 28
Acidosis:

Damn sorry sir cry this hurts deeply.
Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Adebaba1(m): 9:24am On May 28
Mehn
This hits differently
I clocked 30 last February
No gf, no kids, no tangible skills except for web design using WordPress
To get gigs is so hard
Tried learning video editing, it was going well until
I got a job offer but I was too complete a trial test
Laptop failed me, capcut was just crashing because of the high resolution of the video
I don't even know if I should say village people are following me because I am getting fed up
Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Eunoiaa(f): 9:41am On May 28
Acidosis:

I'm so so sorry Acid. My condolences.
Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Acidosis(m): 10:26am On May 28
folake4u:

Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!

Omgggggg Acid. I'm so sorry to hear that.

I will call you later.

My dear, thank you so much. That meant a lot.

GloriousGbola:

I'm sorry for your loss.

Thank you bro.
Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Acidosis(m): 10:27am On May 28
emmaodet:

Acidiosis, sorry bro.
I am really sorry for hearing this.
Sorry for your loss
Chaii...2 kids with you now to cater for.
May God guide you on how to proceed from here on...Amen

My brother,
Amen
Thank you so much, bro
Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Acidosis(m): 10:28am On May 28
qtguru:

Damn sorry sir cry this hurts deeply.

It is for real. Thank you, brother.

Eunoiaa:

I'm so so sorry Acid. My condolences.

Thank you, sis. Really grateful

1 Like

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by folake4u(f): 10:36am On May 28
Acidosis:

My dear, thank you so much. That meant a lot.

You're welcome Sir.

Please be strong for the babies.😔💜
Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Archtype(m): 11:49am On May 28
I am clearly on this table now; it seems like you wrote my life history there.
No wonder Jesus hurriedly died @33
It is well

1 Like

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by kkins25(m): 11:53am On May 28
Acidosis:

Oh! Really sorry for your lost, sir. May her soul rest in Piece and may your heart be comforted.
Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Regex: 12:17pm On May 28
Acidosis:

Bless her soul. Bless you too. I recognise that you are strong and I appreciate it.

2 Likes

Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by Sijo01(f): 1:14pm On May 28
Acidosis:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Jesus. I thought you were serving a ban that's why I've not been seeing your post.

My condolences Acidos. May God rest her soul and give you the fortitude to bear the loss.
cry cry cry
Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by madprophet(m): 7:27pm On May 28
Acidosis:

Woow..

My condolences Oga Acid

May God comfort and help you as you navigate out of this

May her soul rest in peace
Re: These Fears Are Real At 33 by DAramis: 7:44pm On May 28
Acidosis:

Condolences to you boss.

May God grant you the fortitude to bear the loss; and strength to take care of your new born babies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Where Are They? / She Just Cant Look Me In The Eyes Anymore.why?? / Where Is Your Relationship Headed? Tell Yourself The Truth!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.