Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,835 members, 7,921,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 04:19 PM

Your Intellect Gives You No Right To Insult Anybody – Baba-ahmed Replies Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Intellect Gives You No Right To Insult Anybody – Baba-ahmed Replies Soyinka (323 Views)

I Accept Your Debate Challenge As Long As You Bring Tinubu—Datti Replies Soyinka / Bola Ige's Murder: Omisore Replies Soyinka, 'Ask your cousin, OBJ' / Bashir Ahmed Replies Singer Skales After He Called Him An "Idiot" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Intellect Gives You No Right To Insult Anybody – Baba-ahmed Replies Soyinka by InsidePolitics(m): 12:52pm On May 26
Your intellect gives you no right to insult anybody – Baba-Ahmed replies Soyinka
https://insidepolitics360..com/2024/05/your-intellect-gives-you-no-right-to.html

Your intellect gives you no right to insult anybody – Baba-Ahmed replies Soyinka
Datti Baba-Ahmed Soyinka
Datti Baba-Ahmed Soyinka

Former Vice Presidential candidate of the Labour Party, LP, Yusuf Baba-Ahmed said Nobel Laureate, Prof Wole Soyinka does not have any right to insult anybody as a result of his intellect.

Baba-Ahmed stated this in an interview with Arise Television.

His reply comes following Soyinka’s comment that Peter Obi, LP’s presidential candidate, was unfit to lead the country.

Recall that Soyinka had said that Obi’s failure to reign on his supporters attacking others with opposing views online was a pointer that he is unfit to lead a country like Nigeria.

The literary icon also accused Obi of encouraging ‘Obidients’ to attack him and others with opposing views online.

However, Baba-Ahmed said what Soyinka was doing was an attempted distraction, adding that he would not join issues with him.

Baba-Ahmed said that he could say a few things to Soyinka that could destroy him for good but he wouldn’t say that.

He said, “You see, intellect doesn’t give you the right to insult anybody. I remember this Soyinka insulting late General Abacha, insulting him to the core that he was daft.

“Nothing gives him the right to do that. Abacha was not an academic. He was a soldier for God’s sake. And a good soldier in his own way in his own right.

“I beg you, let’s push Soyinka and his likes aside; we have better things to talk about. Nobel Laureates are loved and cherished by their people. Soyinka keeps getting insulted, and it is his responsibility to maintain his dignity and respect, not Peter Obi’s.

“I could say a few things to Wole Soyinka that could destroy him for good, but I wouldn’t say that,” he said.

Re: Your Intellect Gives You No Right To Insult Anybody – Baba-ahmed Replies Soyinka by Jostoman: 12:59pm On May 26
You are right o mr Datti
Re: Your Intellect Gives You No Right To Insult Anybody – Baba-ahmed Replies Soyinka by clearcrystal: 1:01pm On May 26
Soyinka is no longer relevant in todays politics. He shouldn't be taken serious.

6 Likes

Re: Your Intellect Gives You No Right To Insult Anybody – Baba-ahmed Replies Soyinka by Hollybratt(m): 1:25pm On May 26
Hey chap cheesy , i respect woli soyinka alot but when it comes to politics, he shouldn't be taken serious. it is obvious that Soyinka he's just doing all this just to stay and remain relevant in politics. Abi Mr Soyinka is preparing to write another play? "Trial of brother Obi" cheesy

IRMC

2 Likes

Re: Your Intellect Gives You No Right To Insult Anybody – Baba-ahmed Replies Soyinka by Paraman: 1:28pm On May 26
Baba-Ahmed reminds me of Gowon. This is the same way Gowon was reasoning when he jailed Soyinka because he spoke against the civil war
Re: Your Intellect Gives You No Right To Insult Anybody – Baba-ahmed Replies Soyinka by LibertyRep: 1:31pm On May 26
So he has intellect? I thought they said he's a fraud.

Tell your supporters to be circumspect to win more people to your side.
Re: Your Intellect Gives You No Right To Insult Anybody – Baba-ahmed Replies Soyinka by LibertyRep: 1:33pm On May 26

Tell your supporters to be circumspect to win more people to your side. The thing is your greatest critic this moment could be your biggest supporter the next time, never say never in politics.

"I could say a few things to Wole Soyinka that could destroy him for good, but I wouldn’t say that,”

What else does Datti has to say about WS that hasn't been said?
Re: Your Intellect Gives You No Right To Insult Anybody – Baba-ahmed Replies Soyinka by yarimo(m): 1:39pm On May 26
But it gives you rights to lie to the public abi? Mr 608 aircraft 🤣🤣 no president in the world has that number of aircraft in his/her fleet

Re: Your Intellect Gives You No Right To Insult Anybody – Baba-ahmed Replies Soyinka by Ofunaofu: 1:45pm On May 26
LibertyRep:

Tell your supporters to be circumspect to win more people to your side.

It could be a fraudulent intellect, you never can tell
Re: Your Intellect Gives You No Right To Insult Anybody – Baba-ahmed Replies Soyinka by Melagros(m): 2:20pm On May 26
COMRADES, Soyinka na nonsense man
Re: Your Intellect Gives You No Right To Insult Anybody – Baba-ahmed Replies Soyinka by simpleseyi: 2:21pm On May 26
I won't bring myself low to the gutter level of arguing with a Mauritanian Almajari who was born by the roadside by destitute parents who were later washed away by gully erosion
Re: Your Intellect Gives You No Right To Insult Anybody – Baba-ahmed Replies Soyinka by ElSudani: 2:46pm On May 26
Dafti Ahmed with incompetent Obi and his rabid Obidients. Nigeria truly dodged a bullet.

(1) (Reply)

Tanzania Surpasses Nigeria To Become India's Second Largest Trading Partner / Bandits Abduct 26 Villagers, Rustle Several Cows In Fresh Invasion Of Niger / �MORTUARY'S SECRET � �PART 1�

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.