Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,800 members, 7,915,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 07:48 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1495) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2410231 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1492) (1493) (1494) (1495) (1496) (1497) (1498) ... (3592) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 25, 2019

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:52pm On Jul 25, 2019
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-49121554

Someone said this is the first time he will see Kola defending

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 25, 2019
iamoyindamola:
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-49121554

Someone said this is the first time he will see Kola defending

Another said this will be Arsenal’s best defending this season grin grin grin the banters is real.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:17pm On Jul 25, 2019
PRESENTATION:

Another said this will be Arsenal’s best defending this season grin grin grin the banters is real.
lmao grin
But ozil sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 25, 2019
iamoyindamola:
lmao grin
But ozil sha

He’s always ghosting in big games, what did you expect ?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:30pm On Jul 25, 2019
PRESENTATION:

He’s always ghosting in big games, what did you expect ?
when Kola was fighting for his life local man shut his car door and drove grin
Who does that!!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 10:32pm On Jul 25, 2019
Özil. What a vajayjay
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:22am On Jul 26, 2019
Heard ozil and Kola's wives were in the car and that was the reason he had to drive off to a nearby restaurant to keep the women safe.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:26am On Jul 26, 2019
By the way if I was just married and I know men like John Terry wey dey ffuck person wife even when he dey alive still abound in this life, trust me I will also Japa from a knife fight ó.

We no go jam agbako o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 9:14am On Jul 26, 2019
is arsenal not the most useless football club in the world ?

they keep shouting that they have only £45million to spend this season yet they still went on to loan a player for over £15million for just one season without an option to buy

and then they bought a defender for £25million and send him back on loan almost immediately, when you know that your current crop of defenders are nothing to write home about

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 12:00pm On Jul 26, 2019
iamoyindamola:
I know someone that knows you cheesy

Cheryl kiss
casted
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:33pm On Jul 26, 2019
Akinbahm:

casted
what are you taking about
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:39pm On Jul 26, 2019
Ẹni orí yọ odile grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 1:19pm On Jul 26, 2019
kodded:
is arsenal not the most useless football club in the world ?

they keep shouting that they have only £45million to spend this season yet they still went on to loan a player for over £15million for just one season without an option to buy

and then they bought a defender for £25million and send him back on loan almost immediately, when you know that your current crop of defenders are nothing to write home about

If you don’t know details and implications of these transactions why not ask instead of peddling lies that are promoted by click bait newspapers.

For Ceballos, Arsenal paid 4 million as loan fee while his weekly wage is around 55k/ week. St Etienne will be paid 5 million yearly for Saliba.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 26, 2019
Roland17:

If you don’t know details and implications of these transactions why not ask instead of peddling lies that are promoted by click bait newspapers.

For Ceballos, Arsenal paid 4 million as loan fee while his weekly wage is around 55k/ week. St Etienne will be paid 5 million yearly for Saliba.
Also tell him the 27m paid for Saliba was amortised for 5 seasons... undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 2:02pm On Jul 26, 2019
Dreamswayne:

Also tell him the 27m paid for Saliba was amortised for 5 seasons... undecided

Baba, that is why I used 5 million/ year.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:06pm On Jul 26, 2019
Roland17:

Bros u should identify trolls from afar na.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 2:18pm On Jul 26, 2019
While some may say we are slow, I actually prefer the meticulous method we are utilizing in the transfer of players in comparison to the panic buys we made in the past most of whom have become deadwood we cannot get rid of.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 2:28pm On Jul 26, 2019
I would say get Everton Soares and leave Zaha.

Soares is Brazilian( it comes with better future transfer fee) ,younger, and cheaper.
In three seasons, Everton will be a 100m plus player while Zaha will be 30yrs with little sell on value.

Forget about the myth of being EPL grown. Kante, Hazard, Mahrez, are all players who were not EPL grown but had won PFA player of the season awards in recent years.

I also hate the fact that by buying Zaha expensive, United gets a huge chunk of the money to invest in buying players, seeing as they hold a 25% stake on the player.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by groundnutoil(m): 2:50pm On Jul 26, 2019
Roland17:

wait saliba wont be playing this season ?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:01pm On Jul 26, 2019
groundnutoil:

No, he will return to St Etienne to play next season and join Arsenal after the conclusion of 2019/2020 season. This is a mutual decision between Saliba and St. Etienne which was one of the terms of agreement for every team interested in Saliba. Saliba believes he needs another season to develop before the big jump, also, to repay St. Etienne for their faith in him. My only prayer is that he stays healthy and does not cop any injuries.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:21pm On Jul 26, 2019
groundnutoil:
Don't regard Saliba as part of this summer's signings. His is purely future investment.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:23pm On Jul 26, 2019
pazienza:
I would say get Everton Soares and leave Zaha.

Soares is Brazilian( it comes with better future transfer fee) ,younger, and cheaper.
In three seasons, Everton will be a 100m plus player while Zaha will be 30yrs with little sell on value.

Forget about the myth of being EPL grown. Kante, Hazard, Mahrez, are all players who were not EPL grown but had won PFA player of the season awards in recent years.

I also hate the fact that by buying Zaha expensive, United gets a huge chunk of the money to invest in buying players, seeing as they hold a 25% stake on the player.
Afcon totally exposed the fraud Zaha would have been for 80m. I feel Arsenal are using him as a decoy to land their main target-Soares
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 26, 2019
Roland17:

Baba, that is why I used 5 million/ year.
Oh, didn't notice it... wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 26, 2019
Spy360:

Afcon totally exposed the fraud Zaha would have been for 80m. I feel Arsenal are using him as a decoy to land their main target-Soares
Soares is easily achievable! smiley

Bid 40m and he's ours... angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:01pm On Jul 26, 2019
Spy360:

Baba, I'm for either of Soares or Zaha, but I don't want to agree Afcon should be used in assessing who he is..
Sallah,Ziyech,Mane,Pepe,Keita,Partey who rocked Europe last season didn't have the best of AfCON..

Messi was also a fraud in copa,Aguero hasn't done much for his country, Sanchez who was trash at utd,looked better at in the Summer..

Country and Continental football are very different from club footy, At Arsenal, we are much concerned with who will do well for in the league, Zaha is proven in the league, he's got everything, the goals and assist will improve when he starts playing with top quality players..

The most important competition for us this year is the league, get top4, and see of we can win Europa or any other cup. Zaha is the best available form the league.

Zaha or Everton Soares, anyone will do.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 5:22pm On Jul 26, 2019
What goals exactly has Zaha scored. He will be 27yrs in November, same age as Mane and Salah, and has only scored 10 goals as best league goal tally in his career.
No one should tell me that he plays for smaller club in Palace. That's the whole point, if Zaha is good enough, he will not be in Palace at this his age.

Buying Zaha anything more than 35m will be waste of funds.
We don't have the funds, we should be aiming for younger prospects who can earn us big mega transfer fee in the future to reinvest in our squad. That's the template self sustaining clubs like Liverpool, Athletico are using.
Zaha will be 27yrs this year, already at his peak, yet still not top class. Soares on the other hand is just 23yrs, already playing in Brazil national team ahead of Willian, Neres, Moura. He is destined for greatness, and yet to hit his peak.

If we miss out on him, we will rue it.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2019
pazienza:
What goals exactly has Zaha scored. He will be 27yrs in November, same age as Mane and Salah, and has only scored 10 goals as best league goal tally in his career.
No one should tell me that he plays for smaller club in Palace. That's the whole point, if Zaha is good enough, he will not be in Palace at this his age.

Buying Zaha anything more than 35m will be waste of funds.
We don't have the funds, we should be aiming for younger prospects who can earn us big mega transfer fee in the future to reinvest in our squad. That's the template self sustaining clubs like Liverpool, Athletico are using.
Zaha will be 27yrs this year, already at his peak, yet still not top class. Soares on the other hand is just 23yrs, already playing in Brazil national team ahead of Willian, Neres, Moura. He is destined for greatness, and yet to hit his peak.

If we miss out on him, we will rue it.

You couldn't have said it much better. I was about typing something along this line when I saw Ur post.

Truth be told I think Fkhalifa likes zaha personally, and I think there's no problem in that.

But arsenal buying Zaha at all cost despite having a soares at a cheaper price and letting him slip is not what arsenal should do. Zaha has had a stint at man utd that didn't turn out good. He's playing for a club like palace and and isn't doing as much as Frasier did last year for Bournemouth. Maybe he is key to palace's "success" which is why they price him that high, but there's no guarantee he won't be a bad investment especially when he is fast approaching the peak age for footballers which means selling him high might be an impossible task in the future.

If we can get soares without losing any of our promising youngsters and even paying lesser, then that's cool.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:27pm On Jul 26, 2019
I feel I understand what fkhalifa is saying here. Having a winger like zaha won't make us only threatening but will improve our forwards chances drastically (I pray we've two like that on opposite wings). Zaha is fast, dribbles and score more than anyone in our team to play such a position. Also, saying Zaha is 27yrs old and still in palace is unfair (my opinion tho). Van dijk was 27yrs old even while at Southampton, yet Liverpool bought him for a record fee. Also saying he's worth £35m in this current market is a bit miserly if you ask me.
We should also remember salah was a flop at Chelsea, same as kdb, yet they're kings at their respective clubs. I feel if Emery wants zaha as his option, we should buy him, and not be thinking about resale value. Now we're thinking of how to get back to the top, and not how to sell someone in 2-3yrs time. We need to support emery to succeed and if it's zaha he wants, I feel we should go all out on him(who knows, he might pull off a salah for us). Also, afcon or copa is never a place to rate players.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 8:33pm On Jul 26, 2019
Roland17:

my bad, I read them from one of those affiliate website in newsnow-arsenal, I never knew that the news were false
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:35pm On Jul 26, 2019
kodded:

my bad, i read them from one of those affiliate website in newsnow-arsenal, i never knew that it was false

Baba, no wahala. We all care about our club and that is what matters most.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:06pm On Jul 26, 2019
BlueRayDick:

You couldn't have said it much better. I was about typing something along this line when I saw Ur post.

Truth be told I think Fkhalifa likes zaha personally, and I think there's no problem in that.

But arsenal buying Zaha at all cost despite having a soares at a cheaper price and letting him slip is not what arsenal should do. Zaha has had a stint at man utd that didn't turn out good. He's playing for a club like palace and and isn't doing as much as Frasier did last year for Bournemouth. Maybe he is key to palace's "success" which is why they price him that high, but there's no guarantee he won't be a bad investment especially when he is fast approaching the peak age for footballers which means selling him high might be an impossible task in the future.

If we can get soares without losing any of our promising youngsters and even paying lesser, then that's cool.
Sincerely bro, I don't mind either of them signing, what I saw on Soares was impressive and good, my only fear is we only saw and knew him at the Copa this Summer, He may not or adapt late to the rigours of English football,Soares and Ceballos will be joy to watch starting together like carzola/Sanchez , Fabregas/Hleb..
I just don't like reading Zaha is trash,AfCON exposed him he doesn't score 30 and all..
At utd, he was still developing, De bruyne,Sallah,sterling and many weren't that hot from their first attempt in top sides, some players bloom late, Zaha may do it till 34,players differs.
According to sky sports,the guy is 1st and 2nd in everything in the league a winger should have except goals and assist, and it's sure to improve when he starts playing with top quality players at Arsenal..
Townsend is the only creative player in that palace team, he's got Benteke and batsuayi who are arguably not better than Welbeck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1492) (1493) (1494) (1495) (1496) (1497) (1498) ... (3592) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.