Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,160 members, 7,887,381 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:57 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1494) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2383836 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1491) (1492) (1493) (1494) (1495) (1496) (1497) ... (3569) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:34pm On Jul 25, 2019
Saliba and Tierney please
Then Everton
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 3:41pm On Jul 25, 2019
Roland17:
Overall, I will say Arsenal had a successful US Tour for 2 important reasons.

Young Guns
For the first time in a very long time, we saw talented academy players who despite their age show a lot of promise and prospect. If you are an Arsenal fan you have to be excited about the development of Willock (who is ahead of the curve), Nketiah, Saka, Olayinka, Burton, and John Jules. We did not see much of Smith Rowe because he is recovering from an injury but he is also a good one. While all of them may not transition into our first team, we can get reasonable sums for these guys if they continue to develop at Arsenal if they are sold. Also, Young players like Nelson and Martinelli who are more experienced also showed they can play important roles when called upon.

Penetrating the US Market
All our games during the tour were well attended. If you watched the games you would observe that Arsenal fans drowned the supporters of our opponents and when you consider we played some very good teams, I will say that is a huge plus as we try to penetrate the US market. I remember before this tour I posted the importance of this tour from a financial standpoint for the club and I think we did a very good job in increasing our US fanbase. The success of the tour is also buttressed by how fast our new Adidas Jerseys have sold out. They are not available online or any store in the US or the UK and this drive is largely influenced by the fact that Adidas has a strong base in the US even though they are not an American company. This success will have a huge impact on our finances.

. I am glad you are finally convinced of Willock's ability and that it was no fluke. He is good and very matured in his gameplay for his age. The way and manner he beat the press against Madrid was impressive because Xhaka, a first team player couldn't and did his trademark nonsense of losing the ball in dangerous positions. Although, right now, Xhaka is irreplaceable in our midfield and I don't think Willock will be the guy to replace him, neither is Guendouzi as they are slightly different players but that Burton guy has shown promise. Fantastic talent.

.... Well, surprise, surprise, the tour was successful in terms of finance but a trophy would have been a boost for the young lads and players in general going into the season. A Champions League finish this season, a Europa League title and reaching beyond the group stages of the champions League should we quality will mean that KSE are doing better than before as see in the Nuggets team. Let's see how things play out.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by FergieRaww(m): 5:13pm On Jul 25, 2019
Good move for Ceballos, hopes he develops fine with you guys
Enjoy the lad smiley

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2019
Saliba sef Don show

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 25, 2019
BlueRayDick:
Saliba sef Don show
Things are moving fast now...

We need more incomings!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:23pm On Jul 25, 2019
Dreamswayne:

Things are moving fast now...

We need more incomings!!! grin

I have a feeling we might finally get Zaha...maybe on the eve of the new season sef. I just hope he turns out good noni
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:27pm On Jul 25, 2019
With the arrival of Saliba I guess we can tell Koscienly to go 4ck himself now right?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by FergieRaww(m): 5:29pm On Jul 25, 2019
BlueRayDick:
With the arrival of Saliba I guess we can tell Koscienly to go 4ck himself now right?

I don’t think you guys will have him this season cause he’s going back on loan
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 5:30pm On Jul 25, 2019
BlueRayDick:

.....Nah, with Mustafi and Furious Socratic marshalling our defense, we still need the mumu except he is sold and replaced within the remaining two weeks. Saliba will play for us from the season after the one starting next month. That was the deal with St. Etienne.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Chrisus(m): 5:39pm On Jul 25, 2019
Where Arsenal dey see money spend? angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Neimar: 6:24pm On Jul 25, 2019
who be SALIBA? Arsenal sef
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:24pm On Jul 25, 2019
I just watched several clips of Everton soares on YouTube and based on what I saw in those clips, other than being in the epl for a while now Zaha is not better than that guy. He's a typical skilfull Brazilian. We should get him if palace insists on 80million for Zaha.

Zaha is not worth 80 million at all!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:26pm On Jul 25, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.....Nah, with Mustafi and Furious Socratic marshalling our defense, we still need the mumu except he is sold and replaced within the remaining two weeks. Saliba will play for us from the season after the one starting next month. That was the deal with St. Etienne.

Holding should be back pairing sokratis while kos should be on the bench and come in in the later stages of the match
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 25, 2019
BlueRayDick:
I just watched several clips of Everton soares on YouTube and based on what I saw I saw in those clips, other than being in the epl for a while now Zaha is not better than that guy. He's a typical skilfull Brazilian. We should get him if palace insists on 80million for Zaha.

The only difference is Zaha is proven in Epl while Soares isn't...

If he can replicate it in EPL, he would be worth what Zaha is worth...

I feel it's a good gamble if we don't land Zaha (I think we won't)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:52pm On Jul 25, 2019
BlueRayDick:
calm down he's not available this season but we need a new defender sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:53pm On Jul 25, 2019
BlueRayDick:
I just watched several clips of Everton soares on YouTube and based on what I saw in those clips, other than being in the epl for a while now Zaha is not better than that guy. He's a typical skilfull Brazilian. We should get him if palace insists on 80million for Zaha.

abi oo..I don't understand the whole zaha hype
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:54pm On Jul 25, 2019
With the introduction of var in the coming season, we should be scared of sokratis and his tackles. That man will cause us alot if he didn't calm himself
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:03pm On Jul 25, 2019
iamoyindamola:
With the introduction of var in the coming season, we should be scared of sokratis and his tackles. That man will cause us alot if he didn't calm himself

He only does body check which is not a crime. Moreover he's careful with reckless challenges inside the box unlike mustafi. If anybody should be extra careful in that team, it's should be mustafi. As for Xhaka he should even be anywhere near the box when things get heated. That one will just collect red with his lunging tackles
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:05pm On Jul 25, 2019
iamoyindamola:
abi oo..I don't understand the whole zaha hype

I also do not fancy Zaha like that. I've once watched a match he was just enjoying him doing yeye agídí dribble all tru the early stages of the match until his team was scored and it dawned on them that while he was busy enjoying himself they shouldve scored and possibly win the match.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:07pm On Jul 25, 2019
iamoyindamola:
calm down he's not available this season but we need a new defender sha

Yeah I know, which makes little sense sef. We need a defender now but we are busy signing a player for the future sad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 7:10pm On Jul 25, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Holding should be back pairing sokratis while kos should be on the bench and come in in the later stages of the match

... Holding won't start matches at least until November. He has to be eased in because of his injury. So it will likely be Sokratis/Mustafi/Chambers/Montreal/ Koscienly except if we get another defender this window. Emery doesn't seem to trust Mavrotanos.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:26pm On Jul 25, 2019
BlueRayDick:

He only does body check which is not a crime. Moreover he's careful with reckless challenges inside the box unlike mustafi. If anybody should be extra careful in that team, it's should be mustafi. As for Xhaka he should even be anywhere near the box when things get heated. That one will just collect red with his lunging tackles
mustafi + xhaka= calamity grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:29pm On Jul 25, 2019
BlueRayDick:

I also do not fancy Zaha like that. I've once watched a match he was just enjoying him doing yeye agídí dribble all tru the early stages of the match until his team was scored and it dawned on them that while he was busy enjoying himself they shouldve scored and possibly win the match.
we better don't waste money on zaha, if we don't get Everton let's manage Nelson and martinelli plus the mhki and iwobi.
#saynotoshakushaku
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:32pm On Jul 25, 2019
solomonbrown64:

... Holding won't start matches at least until November. He has to be eased in because of his injury. So it will likely be Sokratis/Mustafi/Chambers/Montreal/ Koscienly except if we get another defender this window. Emery doesn't seem to trust Mavrotanos.

Hey God!

Chambers nítorí Ọlọ́run!

How players like that stay for a long at arsenal baffles me yet it's more like we frustrated quality players like Podolski, Campbell...etc
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 7:46pm On Jul 25, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Hey God!

Chambers nítorí Ọlọ́run!

How players like that stay for a long at arsenal baffles me yet it's more like we frustrated quality players like Podolski, Campbell...etc

..... The wages of these "wonderful" players scare off people that might want them. Who will pay 90k for a comedian like Mustafi every week? No one, and we either sell Chambers for a low price or let him play as Baba no wan go loan again. We go just manage that defense until Holding come back but if we get Tierney and a winger, the pressure on the useless defense will reduce. Kolasinac/Chambers/Sokratis/AMN/Xhaka versus Liverpool na horror movie abeg
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:51pm On Jul 25, 2019
solomonbrown64:

..... The wages of these "wonderful" players scare off people that might want them. Who will pay 90k for a comedian like Mustafi every week? No one, and we either sell Chambers for a low price or let him play as Baba no wan go loan again. We go just manage that defense until Holding come back but if we get Tierney and a winger, the pressure on the useless defense will reduce. Kolasinac/Chambers/Sokratis/AMN/Xhaka versus Liverpool na horror movie abeg
that's what should have happened yesterday instead of Emery telling them to defend 2 goals lead, the defence is the most useless the best way is to keep possession and attack
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 8:04pm On Jul 25, 2019
iamoyindamola:
that's what should have happened yesterday instead of Emery telling them to defend 2 goals lead, the defence is the most useless the best way is to keep possession and attack

....I think the choice was a hard one since our best defender was off the pitch and we were clearly tiring. We don't have the players to keep possession and so he decided to defend at least until the end of the match but sometimes I think Emery gives too much credit to his players but then it's what he has. But Nketiah should have won us the match, it was just similar to the Europa final where we missed countless chances but and that cost us again.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:19pm On Jul 25, 2019
iamoyindamola:
we better don't waste money on zaha, if we don't get Everton let's manage Nelson and martinelli plus the mhki and iwobi.
#saynotoshakushaku
If Soarez deal won't get through, then they should risk wasting around £65+ chambers or loans or £70 on Zaha,

The target is to get back to ucl, I'm confident he will get us there and it would have been money well spent.

Nelson,nobodinho,iwobi and mhicky don't feel me with confidence at all,
Its not kuku my money
Zaha won't come here and do shaku and zanku, we are not palace where he will be forming boss, Emery won't tolerate that, Even Ozil who is a bigger name got some harsh treatment for his attitude..
After all, utd wey spend Billions on Pogba,lukaku never win league or champey.
I'm for Zaha or soarez to come in,both are costly and will help us.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:26pm On Jul 25, 2019
Fkhalifa:

If Soarez deal won't get through, then they should risk wasting around £65+ chambers or loans or £70 on Zaha,

The target is to get back to ucl, I'm confident he will get us there and it would have been money well spent.

Nelson,nobodinho,iwobi and mhicky don't feel me with confidence at all,
Its not kuku my money
Zaha won't come here and do shaku and zanku, we are not palace where he will be forming boss, Emery won't tolerate that, Even Ozil who is a bigger name got some harsh treatment for his attitude..
After all, utd wey spend Billions on Pogba,lukaku never win league or champey.
I'm for Zaha or soarez to come in,both are costly and will help us.
I know someone that knows you cheesy

Cheryl kiss
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:29pm On Jul 25, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Zaha of AFCON is not better. Everton won golden boot with Brazil at COPA...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:32pm On Jul 25, 2019
iamoyindamola:
I know someone that knows you cheesy

Cheryl kiss
Who is Cheryl? Is she related to Zaha or Soarez? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:34pm On Jul 25, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Who is Cheryl? Is she related to Zaha or Soarez? cheesy
lmao... seriously

I will tell you deny her tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (1491) (1492) (1493) (1494) (1495) (1496) (1497) ... (3569) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.