Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,574 members, 7,888,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 04:56 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1551) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2385809 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1548) (1549) (1550) (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) ... (3570) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:54pm On Aug 25, 2019
BlueRayDick:

What I'm telling u is city has a team that has been trained to beat any press and they've been doing that well. The almighty Loserpool team was rattled by Chelsea even without one or two of their keymen.

Maybe Losperpool will try to press like they always do, but City too will beat the press like they alwasys do. The rule won't be handing loserpool any easy route
dude you get patience oo like I'm losing it on your behalf already
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 10:05pm On Aug 25, 2019
BlueRayDick:

What I'm telling u is city has a team that has been trained to beat any press and they've been doing that well. The almighty Loserpool team was rattled by Chelsea even without one or two of their keymen.

Maybe Losperpool will try to press like they always do, but City too will beat the press like they alwasys do. The rule won't be handing loserpool any easy route

..... I think Pool underestimated Chelsea in that game and they nearly paid dearly for it. Compared to ours, Chelsea have a better midfield than we do especially in beating the press.

.... Pool will press as they usually do except if Klopp comes up with something new against them. God willing, we shall see if the new rule will aid pool against City in a match in the premier League this season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 10:18pm On Aug 25, 2019
solomonbrown64:
..... Some fans were like start Torreira, he is like our Kante.. Lol.... Wasn't Torreira so damn pressed at Anfield last season that he lost possession in that capitulation? Even in yesterday's game, he was bundled off the ball a few times.

.... This same Torreira faded badly last season after a good start and I think Emery doesn't want to make that same mistake again where Lukas was overused that he became a liability on the pitch. A fit and well managed Torreira will come in handy for us this season but it will be incorrect to say we didn't transit with the ball well or lost the match because he didn't start. The result would have been more or less the same even if he started or not.

Baba, please tell me you are joking with what you just posted about Torreria up there!!!! You obviously typed these untrue comments to accommodate the now despicable excesses of Guendouzi and when he is called out for not being good enough to start games, you have resorted to belittling Torreira to this irresponsible point. This has to be the lowest anyone can go to justify Torreira starting from the bench. Torreira is a totally different player from Kante, Kante can not boast of the Torreira's ball technique and passing range neither can Torreira match Kante's defensive attributes but it does not mean Torreira is not a good DM/ CM. Torreira is a very good defensively with better offensive upsides. Torreira offers more than Kante in today's game and it is not surprising as to why Chelsea under Sarri started playing him higher up the pitch with hopes that he develops some offensive skills which Torreira has in abundance. I love this team passionately and have a lot invested in it outside of my emotions and that is why I support everyone in the team but I detest when you put down a player so the other can look better and that is what you are doing outrightly. I am one who protects my players in the face of brash criticisms but I never fail to call them out including players that I have a special feeling for.

"A fit and handy Torriera will come handy", "A liability on the pitch"! What in the name of football do these mean? So we should keep our best midfielder on the bench because we need him in the long haul and then continue to rotate between Willock, Guen, and Xhaka? Common man!!!!!!! this is becoming nauseating to read and disrespectful to the team. Torreira started the game against Liverpool at the Emirates and performed excellently, we got a result in that game. Is it a surprise that after Torreira was introduced to the line up last season, we actually started picking points and looking potent? But somehow because your golden boy did not start either game you want to heap all the blame of the loss at Anfield on Torreira? ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW? Let me make it very clear, if your attempt is to compare Torreira with Guendouzi, I will tell you that Torreira is a demon and the pinnacle of Guen's game at this time can not lace the sole of Torreira's worst. Honestly, if for some reason Torreira leaves Arsenal because he is unhappy with his playing situation, I will never forgive Emery and your likes. I know you love your Guendouzi so do I and many other fans but the global consensus including your favorite Reddit is that Torreira should not be sacrificed for him or anyone for that matter.

No be everything/ opinion you read on www.reddit.com especially the ones that support your school of thought about the team, you go come carry post, word for word for here.

Accept my apologies if this post comes off aggressive and I hope it does not change your opinion about your preferred players because after all, we are all entitled to our respective opinion(s).

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:26pm On Aug 25, 2019
Hypocrite is when you use a game to judge torreira but blame others for Jerry curls errors grin grin
Na here we day las las both Emery and guen will gedifok out of our club
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 10:46pm On Aug 25, 2019
Roland17:

Baba, please tell me you are joking with what you just posted about Torreria up there!!!! You obviously typed these untrue comments to accommodate the now despicable excesses of Guendouzi and when he is called out for not being good enough to start games, you have resorted to belittling Torreira to the irresponsible point. Torreira is a totally different player from Kante, Kante can not boast of the Torreira's ball technique and passing range neither can Torreira match Kante's defensive attributes but it does not mean Torreira is not a good DM/ CM. Torreira is a very good defensively but has better offensive upside. Torreira offers more than Kante in today's game and it is not surprising as to why Chelsea under Sarri started playing him higher up the pitch with hopes that he develops some offensive skills which Torreira has in abundance. I love this team passionately and have a lot invested in it outside of my emotions and that is why I support everyone in the team but I detest when you put down a player so the other can look better and that is what you are doing outrightly. I am one who protects my players in the face of brash criticisms but I never fail to call them out including players that I have a special feeling for.

"A fit and handy Torriera will come handy", "A liability on the pitch"! What in the name of football do these mean? So we should keep our best midfielder on the bench because we need him in the long haul and then continue to rotate between Willock, Guen, and Xhaka? Common man!!!!!!! this is becoming nauseating to read and disrespectful to the team. Torreira started the game against Liverpool at the Emirates and performed excellently, we got a result in that game. Is it a surprise that after Torreira was introduced to the line up last season, we actually started picking points and looking potent? But somehow because your golden boy did not start either game you want to heap all the blame of the loss at Anfield on Torreira? ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW? Let me make it very clear, if your attempt is to compare Torreira with Guendouzi, I will tell you that Torreira is a demon and the pinnacle of Guen's game at this time can not lace the sole of Torreira's worst. Honestly, if for some reason Torreira leaves Arsenal because he is unhappy with his playing situation, I will never forgive Emery and your likes. I know you love your Guendouzi so do I and many other fans but the global consensus including your favorite Reddit is that Torreira should not be sacrificed for him or anyone for that matter.

No be everything/ opinion you read on www.reddit.com especially the ones that support your school of thought about the team, you go come carry post, word for word for here.

Accept my apologies if this post comes off aggressive and I hope it does not change your opinion about your preferred players because after all, we are all entitled to our respective opinion(s).

..... You can't tell me what to post and what not to post as regards my team, no be you get this thread. Whether from Reddit or other blogs, I can post what I like. Do I tell you what to post? What nonsense. I do not accept your apology. angry

... As to the matter we are discussing; you didn't counter anything I posted up there about Torreira. Did he fade towards the tail of the season or not? Was he the same player that started the last season on fire? The answer is no.

... Do we have better midfielders currently than they do at Chelsea? The answer is no. When we played at Anfield last season, was he responsible for 1 or 2 of their goals? The answer is yes. What has bias or whatever you are accusing me of in your post have to do with the facts posted. I posted Torreira should be managed properly because from last season, overusing him burned him out. This is a long season, why rush him in because of one game since we all know his importance in the team? Where's the logic in that?

.... Never have I posted here that I would rather see Guen or Willock or even Xhaka start ahead of a fit and able Torreira, so what is this unnecessary aggressive epistle about? Would Torreira have done better against Liverpool's press yesterday? Perhaps; but from the last time we were there, he didn't and that's the yardstick I used in assessing what he could and couldn't have done yesterday. FYI, If I am to choose between Kante and Torreira, I will choose the former.

.... Everyone to his own opinion, if you have a different one, post it and we can all discuss it. That's why this is a forum. Honestly, if I say I am not disappointed with your approach to how you have responded to a different perspective than yours this evening, I will be lying. Please, never again tell me what and what not to do. It's not polite. Football is a game, nothing more.

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 11:15pm On Aug 25, 2019
solomonbrown64:

..... You can't tell me what to post and what not to post as regards my team, no be you get this thread. Whether from Reddit or other blogs, I can post what I like. Do I tell you what to post? What nonsense. I do not accept your apology. angry

... As to the matter we are discussing; you didn't counter anything I posted up there about Torreira. Did he fade towards the tail of the season or not? Was he the same player that started the last season on fire? The answer is no.

... Do we have better midfielders currently than they do at Chelsea? The answer is no. When we played at Anfield last season, was he responsible for 1 or 2 of their goals? The answer is yes. What has bias or whatever you are accusing me of in your post have to do with the facts posted. I posted Torreira should be managed properly because from last season, overusing him burned him out. This is a long season, why rush him in because of one game since we all know his importance in the team? Where's the logic in that?

.... Never have I posted here that I would rather see Guen or Willock or even Xhaka start ahead of a fit and able Torreira, so what is this unnecessary aggressive epistle about? Will Torreira have done better against Liverpool's press yesterday? Perhaps; but from the last time we were there, he didn't and that's the yardstick I used in assessing what he could and couldn't have done yesterday. FYI, If I am to choose between Kante and Torreira, I will choose the former.

.... Everyone to his own opinion, if you have a different one, post it and we can all discuss it. That's why this is a forum. Honestly, if I say I am not disappointed with your approach to how you have responded to a different perspective than yours this evening, I will be lying. Please, never again tell me what and what not to do. It's not polite. Football is a game, nothing more.

Without mincing words, I will tell you to stop PLAGARIZING and in the rare instance you have never come across that word, I will tell you that it is a crime and one punishable under the law including in Nigeria. If that is telling you what to do, I will tell you and anybody else breaking that rule over and over again, if you don't like it, you can hit your head on the wall next to you. You are intelligent enough to create/ formulate your own analogies and posts instead of copying and pasting word for word ideas by others so yes, I can call you and anybody else out for PLAGARIZING. You will not be the first person I am calling out for PLAGARIZING on and off this forum and you will not be the last. I do not need your validation or that of anyone's here for that matter. At worst, give credit to the originator of the idea or the person with the comment.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by airmark(m): 11:20pm On Aug 25, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Europa people also arguing.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:24pm On Aug 25, 2019
Roland17:
Now that the dust has settled, I am going to write my own thoughts about the loss to Liverpool.

First off, I think the formation was good, in fact, if the team went into half time tied, it would have buttressed this thought. The problem was the player selection by Emery to carry out that formation. Considering Liverpool are renowned for pressing, I expected to see Torreira start in the middle of the park. Torreira is one of the most technically gifted midfielders in our team and he plays with intensity and intelligence. Our problem in the midfield was a carryover from the Burnley game where we lacked players who could break the press and carry the ball into Liverpool's half. Consequently, we spent a lot of our possession on our half and that made the press even more difficult to manage. Ceballos could not do much because he was either isolated at the top or was drowned immediately he received the ball deep in our own half, leading to numerous errors on the ball. Ceballos needs to improve his sense of awareness to avoid dangerous turnovers, especially against a good press. Xhaka was one player whose performance was confusing to me because he started poorly but in the 2nd half, he looked really sharp and energetic. I am sorry but I have seen enough to reiterate that Guen shouldn't be a starter for this team especially when we play teams that press relentlessly and this is because they expose a lot of his weakness which is at the detriment of the team. There are critical aspects of the central midfield game that he desperately needs to learn and quick. Is he talented? Absolutely and I love his intensity and willingness to stay in the thick of the action. Willock needs to get better with his ball control and technique an he will become dominant. I would like to see a game where we have enough ball carriers with the skill to break any press and move the ball into our opponents half. We are creating a very bad weakness that other teams are now taking note of and that is to press Arsenal into self destruct.

I thought the back 4 did reasonably well considering the opponents and the fact that the midfield continued to burden the back 4 with the responsibilities of building our offense. They did this by constantly returning the ball to the defenders even when they could foray into Liverpool's half and this only invited more pressure. Someone mentioned Miki would have been good for this game and I have to agree especially in that diamond midfield. The first goal we conceded was quite debatable and I am shocked VAR did not seek to review that goal because there was a lot going on inside the box before Matip connected with that header. That being said, the back 4 still held their own in the first half. I think Emery agreed the formation was working but he failed by not making personnel changes very early and that cost us. Emery needs to understand that you don't have to build from the back every time. This is because it makes us quite predictable and invites unnecessary pressure especially when you consider that we still don't know the basics of playing from the back in his 2nd season now. There has to be a balance between building from the back and straight-up kicking the ball out. For those who heap a lot of blame on Niles, I would tell you that his major problem is lack of concentration but we are not doing him any favors by playing him as a RB and every time he comes up against wingers, he is decimated. I am excited and looking forward to the return of Bellerin and the slow integration of Teirney and Holding into the rotation.

Considering our formation, I thought Emery would have taken Auba off early in the 2nd half because the style did not suit him. The same formation with Lacazette and Pepe would have caused more damage in my opinion because Pepe can play off Laca who is great at holding the ball and linking the midfield. We looked dangerous every time we had an opportunity to counter Liverpool and a special mention to the individual brilliance of N. Pepe who had a great game and was our best player. He still has a lot to learn about making quick decisions and not being over-elaborate in a play. He is a touch of quality who is not afraid of attacking his opponents. Emery failed in the area that had been his strength and that is a tactical substitution. I was beyond petrified that he waited until the 80th minute to introduce Lacazette. We looked dangerous and had a healthy possession of the ball when we had Auba/ Laca/ Pepe all on the pitch and this means we should have switched to a 4-3-3 early enough before going down 2/3/

All in all, I hope we can dust off this performance and give Spuds a run for their money next week by getting all 3 points. Losing to Spuds is never acceptable and a bad performance will definitely pitch Emery against the fans.

#COYG

This was Emery's undoing. I was shocked too.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 11:26pm On Aug 25, 2019
Roland17:

Without mincing words, I will tell you to stop PLAGARIZING and in the rare instance you have never come across that word, I will tell you that it is a crime and one punishable under the law here in the US. If that is telling you what to do, I will tell you and anybody else breaking that rule over and over again, if you don't like it, you can hit your head on the wall next to you. You are intelligent enough to create/ formulate your own analogies and posts instead of copying and pasting word for word ideas by others so yes, I can call you and anybody else out for PLAGARIZING. You will not be the first person I am calling out for PLAGARIZING on and off this forum and you will not be the last. I do not need your validation or that of anyone's here for that matter.

..... I only post news and transfer headlines. If I didn't post some of the sources of these headlines, then that's an error on my part. When I take from a site, I post the website too. My posts about players are my own opinion, not copied from anywhere, moreover I am a member of other blogs and forums where Arsenal is discussed. Can you kindly show me where the post that started this discussion was copied from or haven't I posted something of sorts on this thread before? Mister, if you don't like what I post, read and move past it. I repeat, don't tell me what or what not to do.

.... At emboldened, neither do I too, so kindly stay off my mentions.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 11:32pm On Aug 25, 2019
Spy360:

This was Emery's undoing. I was shocked too.

Nwanne, I was beyond shocked. We stood a very good chance if he played to his strength with tactical substitutions.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:55pm On Aug 25, 2019
Roland17, Solomonbrown64

Good points you guys have noted. We need more quality discuss here bordered on facts and opinions rather than emotions and sentiments.

Better use of English too.

It is a thing of joy to have the headache of selection for any manager. It allows for more tactical fluency and exchange.

Torriera, Xhaka, Willock, Guendouzi and Ceballos are our main midfielders this season (at least so far) and to be honest I am quite impressed of the performances and development. Any three could start a game depending on the tactics and give us quality results. Though they all have their strengths and weaknesses, yet I think they compliment each other well.

Against Spurs, I would like to see a Xhaka, Ceballos, Torriera combo, with Auba, Laca and Pepe ahead of them.

On the Liverpool game, If only Emery had introduced Laca earlier- with score still at 1-0, which would have allowed Auba and Pepe move to the wings, and our fullbacks to push up a little and keep those Liverpool's fullbacks on check, game probably would have taken a different turn. Regrets.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 25, 2019
Una don Dey see the light small, MO is to blame others for Guen’s shortcomings.

His presence overburdens other players, yesterday Xhaka had to leave his side and ran to Guen’s side of the pitch to mark down a player Guen was busy shadow marking into the box. It almost cost Xhaka a yellow.

How many tackles does Guen win, how many attack build ups does he launch but he’s now better than Torreira na here we Dey.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 12:16am On Aug 26, 2019
solomonbrown64:

..... I only post news and transfer headlines. If I didn't post some of the sources of these headlines, then that's an error on my part. When I take from a site, I post the website too. My posts about players are my own opinion, not copied from anywhere, moreover I am a member of other blogs and forums where Arsenal is discussed. Can you kindly show me where the post that started this discussion was copied from or haven't I posted something of sorts on this thread before? Mister, if you don't like what I post, read and move past it. I repeat, don't tell me what or what not to do.

.... At emboldened, neither do I too, so kindly stay off my mentions.

Anytime you PLAGIARIZE especially verbatim without giving credit, I will call you out and if that is your interpretation of "telling you what or what not to do", I will be patiently waiting for you to do your worst brother.

That's it for me.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 12:18am On Aug 26, 2019
Spy360:

Good points you guys have noted. We need more quality discuss here bordered on facts and opinions rather than emotions and sentiments.

Better use of English too.

It is a thing of joy to have the headache of selection for any manager. It allows for more tactical fluency and exchange.

Torriera, Xhaka, Willock, Guendouzi and Ceballos are our main midfielders this season (at least so far) and to be honest I am quite impressed of the performances and development. Any three could start a game depending on the tactics and give us quality results. Though they all have their strengths and weaknesses, yet I think they compliment each other well.

Against Spurs, I would like to see a Xhaka, Ceballos, Torriera combo, with Auba, Laca and Pepe ahead of them.

On the Liverpool game, If only Emery had introduced Laca earlier- with score still at 1-0, which would have allowed Auba and Pepe move to the wings, and our fullbacks to push up a little and keep those Liverpool's fullbacks on check, game probably would have taken a different turn. Regrets.

.... Bro, the outcome of that Liverpool game pained so many fans but it was the tactics used by the coach that made it seem like we could actually beat Liverpool. We might have superior technical players in midfield compared to Fabinho and co but ours couldn't match their fitness. On another day, the match could have ended in a draw and we would all hail Emery but that didn't happen.

.... Klopp already predicted that Xhaka would start and if Torreira was fit, I think he would have started too. So he could guess with a great degree of accuracy how we were going to set up against his team and according to Arnold, his prediction was correct. I think we pushed for the equaliser early the second half and we got punished as a result. Monreal who doesn't have the legs to run anymore was caught high up the pitch and since Luiz was already on a yellow, Salah was allowed to do his thing. Playing against Liverpool is difficult especially because of their front three and our ineffective fullbacks. Emery's plan was good and would have been the best way to beat Liverpool or perhaps get a draw but little mistakes ruined everything. He didn't want to change tactics quickly in the game since we were already trailing as that could back fire and the match could end in a cricket score and he also didn't want to ruin a working plan at 1 - 0, after all Liverpool had scored from a corner not open play. It's easy for fans to say he could have done this and that, but it's not easy in reality as Klopp is a very smart man in his own right.

... Regrets sure, but it wasn't as bad as it has been portrayed by some of the fans.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 12:22am On Aug 26, 2019
Roland17:

Anytime you PLAGIARIZE especially verbatim without giving credit, I will call you out and if that is your interpretation of "telling you what or what not to do", I will be patiently waiting for you to do your worst brother.

That's it for me.

.... That's all? undecided . Okay.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:24am On Aug 26, 2019
Roland17:

Nwanne, I was beyond shocked. We stood a very good chance if he played to his strength with tactical substitutions.
For me the formation at 0-0 was OK. We had probably clearer chances at goal but couldn't take advantage. At the start of second half at 1-0, introducing Lacazette would have given us more bite and urgency, forcing Liverpool to retreat, and check their advancing fullbacks. It would have allowed us to attack more especially from the wings where I think Liverpool are weakest defensively.

The goal was a little relief.

The game against Spurs will be another tactical battle, we hope Emery comes out tops this time around.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:36am On Aug 26, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.... Bro, the outcome of that Liverpool game pained so many fans but it was the tactics used by the coach that made it seem like we could actually beat Liverpool. We might have superior technical players in midfield compared to Fabinho and co but ours couldn't match their fitness. On another day, the match could have ended in a draw and we would all hail Emery but that didn't happen.

.... Klopp already predicted that Xhaka would start and if Torreira was fit, I think he would have started too. So he could guess with a great degree of accuracy how we were going to set up against his team and according to Arnold, his prediction was correct. I think we pushed for the equaliser early the second half and we got punished as a result. Monreal who doesn't have the legs to run anymore was caught high up the pitch and since Luiz was already on a yellow, Salah was allowed to do his thing. Playing against Liverpool is difficult especially because of their front three and our ineffective fullbacks. Emery's plan was good and would have been the best way to beat Liverpool or perhaps get a draw but little mistakes ruined everything. He didn't want to change tactics quickly in the game since we were already trailing as that could back fire and the match could end in a cricket score and he also didn't want to ruin a working plan at 1 - 0, after all Liverpool had scored from a corner not open play. It's easy for fans to say he could have done this and that, but it's not easy in reality as Klopp is a very smart man in his own right.

... Regrets sure, but it wasn't as bad as it has been portrayed by some of the fans.
I never really expected much from the game. A point at Anfield is approx. 6points total. grin
My interest was to assess how much we have improved as a team. And I am quite impressed, especially with the development of youngsters like Willock and Guendouzi. They are not there yet, but the potentials are there.

A fit Torriera could have started though, he offers much in terms of intensity, drive and stamina. In all, I always leave a coach to his decisions. There are other reasons for selection which we can never tell; such as psychology, motivation and drive.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 12:49am On Aug 26, 2019
Spy360:

I never really expected much from the game. A point at Anfield is approx. 6points total. grin
My interest was to assess how much we have improved as a team. And I am quite impressed, especially with the development of youngsters like Willock and Guendouzi. They are not there yet, but the potentials are there.

A fit Torriera could have started though, he offers much in terms of intensity, drive and stamina. In all, I always leave a coach to his decisions. There are other reasons for selection which we can never tell; such as psychology, motivation and drive.

.... Very true, some of the fans don't understand this. We can't really tell the exact fitness levels of some of these players, which is why I asked why risk valuable players for just a game when there are plenty more to come this season? They misinterpreted my post to mean that a former ligue 2 player is better than an established ex - Seria á player. SMH. ..

...Theoretically, we are competing for four trophies but in reality it's three. We are not competing for the EPL but rather for champions qualification and should we defeat Tottenham this weekend which I expect as they are completely decimated in terms of injuries and dressing room issues, it will be 9 points out of a possible 12. I don't think that will be a bad start to the season. Anyways, unto the next game now, Liverpool is gone, Spurs are next.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:30am On Aug 26, 2019
When someone is spending half of his day doing copy and paste from Reddit and still looks stupid each time. I'm glad you are seeing the light gradually if not madness judging torreira for a single game the entire team failed woefully but that useless guen can be spared everyone.
This is what happens when someone else is thinking on your behalf grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:38am On Aug 26, 2019
Roland17:

but our keyboard pundits said we would have lost by a cricket score if we come at them. We packed trailer and still got beaten cry cry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:50am On Aug 26, 2019
Spy360:

For me the formation at 0-0 was OK. We had probably clearer chances at goal but couldn't take advantage. At the start of second half at 1-0, introducing Lacazette would have given us more bite and urgency, forcing Liverpool to retreat, and check their advancing fullbacks. It would have allowed us to attack more especially from the wings where I think Liverpool are weakest defensively.

The goal was a little relief.

The game against Spurs will be another tactical battle, we hope Emery comes out tops this time around.
That tactics was never okay, arsenal defence will surely crack and not equipped for packing bus style of play.
We play high line, Liverpool didn't have offside that day because we choked the box18 that's very unarsenal to say the truth, I was happy they scored in the first half because if not second half would be deadly.
They had free access from their own defence to our own without any disturbance our attackers were feeding on scrap.
It's better to look like a hero than to be a coward and still lose
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:08am On Aug 26, 2019
airmark:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Europa people also arguing.

Carry ur wahala go jor angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by airmark(m): 8:18am On Aug 26, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Carry ur wahala go jor angry

I forgot that you and Roland17, support this mumu team.

Una dey try o, you guys can wait for a stone to get cooked.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:50am On Aug 26, 2019
airmark:

I forgot that you and Roland17, support this mumu team.

Una dey try o, you guys can wait for a stone to get cooked.

Shebi una wait 50years to lift epl, abeg allow us to wait our wait jor.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:21am On Aug 26, 2019
sod09:
Against Chelsea at the super cup they played from the back , torreira would have been our kante because Chelsea played LFC that day. Their midfield is always shít if they don't use keita. Our problem when playing from back is the player collecting ball will face Leno not seeing what is going on at his back to think of the next free player
You don't mean it

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 26, 2019
If there is one thing Guendouzi needs to learn, it's positioning!!!

Can't he be taught?? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 26, 2019
Dreamswayne:

u are shouting
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:39am On Aug 26, 2019
Dreamswayne:

lol...you are hating
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 11:46am On Aug 26, 2019
Dreamswayne:

You think its one thing he should learn? I along with some fans feels they are about 68 things grin cheesy

I think some things are inborn, Auba's positioning looks natural and not learned, just like so many players with personal characteristics..

Maybe those in that dept feels it isn't needed, or he's been taught but haven't yet mastered

Good thing he's still at the stage he can learn, just like Niles, Bellerin,Holding,Martinelli and other youngsters.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:18pm On Aug 26, 2019
Fkhalifa:

You think its one thing he should learn? I along with some fans feels they are about 68 things grin cheesy

I think some things are inborn, Auba's positioning looks natural and not learned, just like so many players with personal characteristics..

Maybe those in that dept feels it isn't needed, or he's been taught but haven't yet mastered

Good thing he's still at the stage he can learn, just like Niles, Bellerin,Holding,Martinelli and other youngsters.

A certain Walcott never got better sha.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 12:24pm On Aug 26, 2019
BlueRayDick:

A certain Walcott never got better sha.
na only walcott cheesy
abeg they enjoy these clowns entertain you
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 12:25pm On Aug 26, 2019
solomonbrown64:

...... Xhaka's performance was a bit confusing. Different platforms gave him different scores, some said he was the best midfielder in our team that day, others gave it to Guendouzi until Lukas came in. I don't think it's about aggression, our case was actually trying to give what we didn't really have. We played exactly to the demands of the coach but started to gas out closer to the end of the first half, just before they scored. The extra work on the midfielders, moving back and forth across the lines drained them.

.... It wasn't exactly not being aggressive, it was the attackers failing to score that kept us on the backfoot more than the coach anticipated and his refusal to change tactics because Liverpool were still coming at us and leaving space behind for Pepe and Auba. When the third goal went in, Emery knew that his tactics had failed. We just didn't take our chances to open up the game and usher in Emery's next plans in Torreira and Laca to make it end to end stuff.

The way i refer to aggression in this context is saying, "we need to close spaces quickly and not allow any livepool player time on the ball" When teams do warm up, the purpose is mainly to get them up to speed before the game so it beats me when our team still starts slow. In hindsight, when we look at the game against burnley. Burnley was unto us from the whistle. the pressed us endlessly form Minute 1 to 90. Unfortunately they do not posses the quality we do which is why they are still below par but effort and discipline from them was spot on. same cannot be said of our team most times. Agreed that our failure to put away those chances could have changed the scope of the game but since we did not score, why not still put pressure on them with quickly closing space and forcing more errors. A top team should must not allow an opposing team player more than 5 seconds on the ball. Some liverpool players could stay with the ball for more than 20 seconds in that game and no one would close them down. Again i will agree with you on the setup of the team which i believe overworked the midfield players, what on earth were do they doing having to close both flanks and at the same time cover the midfield? Its really bizarre. I am not one for tactics cos all i ever played against any team was pure 4-4-2 and it does not matter who the opponent was . I can assure you they cannot get more than 5 seconds on the ball in the midfield or my attacking third. That was a guarantee! So when i see our players allowing the opponents so much time, i just feel sick within. It makes me wonder what fitness levels they have and what the coach really wants. Well the jury is out on emery as he starts his second season for us to know what he really demands. Remember also when OX was sold to liverpool that the fitness regime at liverpool were surprised at how unfit he was and had to take him through a whole new fitness programme to get him up to speed to play the way Klopp demands. So many things yet to be done to get us back to that level we ought to be but i guess it may take more time than imagined

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1548) (1549) (1550) (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) ... (3570) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.