Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,541 members, 7,888,732 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 01:58 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1554) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2385666 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) (1555) (1556) (1557) ... (3570) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:26am On Aug 30, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Later they will say spurs is doing better than us and they aren't spending. Lailai
These our pundits are clowns jare...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:28am On Aug 30, 2019
Spy360:
My Team This Weekend

In the game against Liverpool, I correctly predicted the formation Emery would employ, if only he had stuck to the personel, who knows... :8

Here is my team for the NLD

..................... Leno.....................
AMN.. Socratis.. Luiz.. Monreal
....... Torriera ......... Xhaka.........
.................. Ceballos..................
Pepe.... Aubameyang..... Laca

3-1
laca in the middle...I'm not sure ceballos can excel in 10, we should just partner him and torreira and ozil to play 10
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:32am On Aug 30, 2019
sod09:
laca in the middle...I'm not sure ceballos can excel in 10, we should just partner him and torreira and ozil to play 10

Ah! Partner him and Torreira keh? That guy won't survive hard press in the middle of the park ó. E better make dem just push am go forward behind the front men.

What I watched against against loserpool no show say that guy will hold his own in that kind of withdrawn position o.

I like spy360 formation as the thing dey o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:34am On Aug 30, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Ah! Partner him and Torreira keh? That guy won't survive hard press in the middle of the park ó. E better make dem just push am go forward behind the front men.

What I watched against against loserpool no show say that guy will hold his own in that kind of withdrawn position o.

I like spy360 formation as the thing dey o
he was left alone against LFC,I think if he see someone technical like him that's why I said ozil to play 10.
Ceballos can also press
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:45am On Aug 30, 2019
sod09:
he was left alone against LFC,I think if he see someone technical like him that's why I said ozil to play 10.
Ceballos can also press

Hmmmm. That liverpool match na all man for himself na. Everybody had their hands full; Luiz was busy nodding out threatening crosses into the box, Guendouzi and Willock were busy trying to track Robertson and Trent, Fabinho was busy bursting into the path of Xhaka before he could make a long pass, Mane was keeping Monreal busy at the back,....chai! Ceballos that nearly gave a final pass to mane in front of our box. That match lasan.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:52am On Aug 30, 2019
sod09:
My idea of a front three is for constant switching. So Lacazette in the middle.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:25am On Aug 30, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Hmmmm. That liverpool match na all man for himself na. Everybody had their hands full; Luiz was busy nodding out threatening crosses into the box, Guendouzi and Willock were busy trying to track Robertson and Trent, Fabinho was busy bursting into the path of Xhaka before he could make a long pass, Mane was keeping Monreal busy at the back,....chai! Ceballos that nearly gave a final pass to mane in front of our box. That match lasan.
abeg format that match from your head...me I Dan clear anything that will make me remember the match grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:29am On Aug 30, 2019
sod09:
abeg format that match from your head...me I Dan clear anything that will make me remember the match grin grin

I kukuma don dey forget o, na that ceballos position u talk now just go bring the flash o cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 11:17am On Aug 30, 2019
sod09:
Tottenham don't spend this is the total amount spent since 93/94. I wonder what they have been spending don't people don't just get it.
Who did they buy in 18/19 season, All this stats from Iwe Iroyin no be am at all..

They didn't sign in the whole of last season and still bettered Arsenal, that's the claim.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 11:34am On Aug 30, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Who did they buy in 18/19 season, All this stats from Iwe Iroyin no be am at all..

They didn't sign in the whole of last season and still bettered Arsenal, that's the claim.

did they win any trophy
Yes or no?
Explain how they were better than arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:44am On Aug 30, 2019
sod09:
did they win any trophy
Yes or no?

They finished 1 point ahead of arsenal na. That's better na smiley
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 12:18pm On Aug 30, 2019
sod09:
did they win any trophy
Yes or no?
Arsenal and Spurs have a special trophy they play every year, it is about who finished ahead of the orther, they did and we couldn't celebrate St.Tottenham's day cheesy

Also in England now, Top4 is like a trophy, they did.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 12:21pm On Aug 30, 2019
Let me even throw this open..

Which would you prefer as a fan?

Finishing top4 or winning Carabao or Fa cup?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:29pm On Aug 30, 2019
Fkhalifa:

There's nothing special about finishing top 4. If u are not finishing top of the league, then u should be winning a cup( F.A cup in particular) for a decent team. What is the essence of finishing top 4 (without a trophy) and getting knocked out of the champions league in the second round or quarter finals the next year?

I will go for F.A cup any day any time. We got trolled for finishing top 4 each season without having anything to show for it until we won the FA cup. E get reason why na
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 12:38pm On Aug 30, 2019
BlueRayDick:

There's nothing special about finishing top 4. If u are not finishing top of the league, then u should be winning a cup( F.A cup in particular) for a decent team. What is the essence of finishing top 4 (without a trophy) and getting knocked out of the champions league in the second round or quarter finals the next year?

I will go for F.A cup any day any time. We got trolled for finishing top 4 each season without having anything to show for it until we won the FA cup. E get reason why na
I gat your point and I used to feel same way about your first paragraph, but not until recent times teams like Atletico,Liverpool, Spurs and Dortmund look to be growing bigger for reappearing in UCL.
Your 2nd paragraph, it's mostly a Nigerian thing, fans brag with trophies..

For me, I think I'll be happy with either of the 2.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 12:41pm On Aug 30, 2019
BlueRayDick:

They finished 1 point ahead of arsenal na. That's better na smiley
lmao
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 12:43pm On Aug 30, 2019
Fkhalifa:

let me throw it to you do you prefer when they tagged us trophy less with normal UCL register and nothing to show or winning trophies and finish outside top4
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 12:45pm On Aug 30, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Arsenal and Spurs have a special trophy they play every year, it is about who finished ahead of the orther, they did and we couldn't celebrate St.Tottenham's day cheesy

Also in England now, Top4 is like a trophy, they did.

nobody celebrate mediocre,spurs fans were praying for trophies so they can burn down north London.
Why do you think manyoo are still greater than city no be by mouth difference is clear
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 12:54pm On Aug 30, 2019
sod09:
let me throw it to you do you prefer when they tagged us trophy less with normal UCL register and nothing to show or winning trophies and finish outside top4
I used to prefer those trophies till Mr Roland analysed the huge benefits of playing UCL every year and how it made teams like Liverpool, Atletico,Spurs and Dortmund get bigger and stronger..
I would be happy with ant trophy but I'll probably prefer 2/3 yrs of consecutive UCL, strengthen the team, then start fully competing with the big guns in Europe, like Liverpool,Atletico and Spurs looks.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eness(m): 12:59pm On Aug 30, 2019
Our Europa league opponents

Group F

Arsenal

Eintracht Frankfurt

Standard Liege

Vitoria SC

This is a strong and tough Group
I see my darling Arsenal club qualifying for the next round

#COYG
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:08pm On Aug 30, 2019
sod09:
Tottenham don't spend this is the total amount spent since 93/94. I wonder what they have been spending don't people don't just get it.
2018/2019 season, (last season), it's believed they didn't spend anything. Where did the £100m+ come from?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 1:16pm On Aug 30, 2019
Eness:
Our Europa league opponents

Group F

Arsenal

Eintracht Frankfurt

Standard Liege

Vitoria SC

This is a strong and tough Group
I see my darling Arsenal club qualifying for the next round

#COYG
Ahh and I was thinking we should rest first team players till January shocked
Well, Emery has to mix bench,youths and few first teamers for group stage and round 32.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:17pm On Aug 30, 2019
Spy360:
My Team This Weekend

In the game against Liverpool, I correctly predicted the formation Emery would employ, if only he had stuck to the personel, who knows... :8

Here is my team for the NLD

..................... Leno.....................
AMN.. Socratis.. Luiz.. Monreal
....... Torriera ......... Xhaka.........
.................. Ceballos..................
Pepe.... Aubameyang..... Laca

3-1
Well, I think this is the best bet going forward. Especially the front 3 and switching. Torreira and ceballos who are hard workers and good passers. And xhaka who can be spraying
over the top passes. We can really get a result, except if David Luiz no ef up again.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 1:17pm On Aug 30, 2019
Jodera:
2018/2019 season, (last season), it's believed they didn't spend anything. Where did the £100m+ come from?
naso we see am oo, this is sky sports not goal grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:19pm On Aug 30, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Your 2nd paragraph, it's mostly a Nigerian thing, fans brag with trophies...

This is not true. Arsenal fans worldwide have been trolling spurs for years now for not winning a spoon; Are these fans mostly Nigerians?

Madrid and Barca bragging about who has won which competition the most, is that also a Nigerian thing?

If u are picking appearance in champions league over winning league cup, it is only because u are looking at the business side i.e the potential revenue that may accrue to the club as a result of the team playing the competition. However, as a fan I am mostly concerned about my team winning trophies. Afterall, I started supporting the club because of its history and that history is entrenched in cups won in the past, memorable display in crucial matches( of course not losing 10-2 on two legs in a champions league match) and great Players that have played for the club in the past.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:20pm On Aug 30, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Ahh and I was thinking we should rest first team players till January shocked
Well, Emery has to mix bench,youths and few first teamers for group stage and round 32.
I still think Emery will do it as he did last season. More of academy and very few first team. We can't risk our main squad players o, especially as it's two spot up for grabs. By February, it'll be biz as usual.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2019
sod09:
naso we see am oo, this is sky sports not goal grin
grin grin grin.
Who am I to argue with sky sports.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 1:36pm On Aug 30, 2019
BlueRayDick:

This is not true. Arsenal fans worldwide have been trolling spurs for years now for not winning a spoon; Are these fans mostly Nigerians?

Madrid and Barca bragging about who has won which competition the most, is that also a Nigerian thing?

If u are picking appearance in champions league over winning league cup, it is only because u are looking at the business side i.e the potential revenue that may accrue to the club as a result of the team playing the competition. However, as a fan I am mostly concerned about my team winning trophies. Afterall, I started supporting the club because of its history and that history is entrenched in cups won in the past, memorable display in crucial matches( of course not losing 10-2 on two legs in a champions league match) and great Players that have played for the club in the past.
That's the reason I said "mostly" I'm sure most Nigerian fans will choose trophies, but when I saw them debate it on AFTV and other top oyinbo forums,most are rooting for UCL football.
Wenger made that statement of UCL is like a trophy, and the white people celebrated him for bringing us UCL for good consecutive 16yrs..
Klopp in his first pre match conference said top4 is his target and doesn't see his side as title contenders..

So all these made me see UCL football as success and I may be wrong.

Barca and Madrid have no top4 or UCL football issues, financial or any big issue other than enriching their history.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:00pm On Aug 30, 2019
Fkhalifa:

That's the reason I said "mostly" I'm sure most Nigerian fans will choose trophies, but when I saw them debate it on AFTV and other top oyinbo forums,most are rooting for UCL football.
Wenger made that statement of UCL is like a trophy, and the white people celebrated him for bringing us UCL for good consecutive 16yrs..
Klopp in his first pre match conference said top4 is his target and doesn't see his side as title contenders..

So all these made me see UCL football as success and I may be wrong.

Barca and Madrid have no top4 or UCL football issues, financial or any big issue other than enriching their history.

You are referring to 16 years of consecutive UCL football as a success, but u didn't bother to talk about the the taunts arsenal fans endured during this period. See u gaffed even saying mostly sef cos no true fan who is interested in his team being regarded as one of the best in England would throw away a chance to win a trophy just to mark attendance in the champions league.

In case u still think bragging about trophies is mostly a Nigerian team, take a look at the screenshot below and see if any Nigerian was involved in these tauntings directed at arsenal. Even uncle Cech sef troll us before he played for us grin

For u to even know how important trophies are see Arsenal trolling Tottenham when we just win FA cup despite years of UCL football o

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:25pm On Aug 30, 2019
BlueRayDick:

You are referring to 16 years of consecutive UCL football as a success, but u didn't bother to talk about the the taunts arsenal fans endured during this period. See u gaffed even saying mostly sef cos no true fan who is interested in his team being regarded as one of the best in England would throw away a chance to win a trophy just to mark attendance in the champions league.

In case u still think bragging about trophies is mostly a Nigerian team, take a look at the screenshot below and see if any Nigerian was involved in these tauntings directed at arsenal. Even uncle Cech sef troll us before he played for us grin

For u to even know how important trophies are see Arsenal trolling Tottenham when we just win FA cup despite years of UCL football o
I think I understood where you and Fkhalifa is coming from. Winning minor trophies like Carling cup and fa cup(tho not a minor cup) and consistently been out of champions league, truth be told, we'll be termed as a small club. Heck even investors might shy away from us, and players might dread coming to us, coupled with the fact that we won't be able to hold our best players(lure of champions league and salary). We would even be trolled self...lol. And truth be told, we fans will be tired sef. (I remember our area, viewing center refused showing Liverpool matches, cos their fan refused to turn up, even after winning Carling cup in 2012, but now reverse is the case),
Also, been in top4 for years without having a trophy is good for biz aspect, we can even keep hold on players and even attract players.
If it's another league we're (in terms of money accrued for making top4 in epl and champions league booty), I would have gone for trophy any day anytime. But since it's EPL, hmm...lol. Truth be told I would want us to be going to champions league every year o.(my personal opinion o, since it'll always mk us relevant)
Tho if I'm given the option of at least Carling cup or an fa cup(without league or champions league trophy), once in ten yrs but a consistent top4, OR a consistent fa or Carling cup every year but a top4 once in ten yrs, I think I would go for the former.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 2:29pm On Aug 30, 2019
Jodera:
I think I understood where you and Fkhalifa is coming from. Winning minor trophies like Carling cup and fa cup(tho not a minor cup) and consistently been out of champions league, truth be told, we'll be termed as a small club. Heck even investors might shy away from us, and players might dread coming to us, coupled with the fact that we won't be able to hold our best players(lure of champions league and salary). We would even be trolled self...lol. And truth be told, we fans will be tired sef. (I remember our area, viewing center refused showing Liverpool matches, cos their fan refused to turn up, even after winning Carling cup in 2012, but now reverse is the case),
Also, been in top4 for years without having a trophy is good for biz aspect, we can even keep hold on players and even attract players.
If it's another league we're (in terms of money accrued for making top4 in epl and champions league booty), I would have gone for trophy any day anytime. But since it's EPL, hmm...lol. Truth be told I would want us to be going to champions league every year o.(my personal opinion o, since it'll always mk us relevant)
Tho if I'm given the option of at least Carling cup or an fa cup(without league or champions league trophy), once in ten yrs but a consistent top4, OR a consistent fa or Carling cup every year but a top4 once in ten yrs, I think I would go for the former.

bros trophy is trophy whether we like it or not
Spurs will kill to win atleast caraboa cup, why do you think guardiola use his full squad in the last 2 caraboa final

(1) (2) (3) ... (1551) (1552) (1553) (1554) (1555) (1556) (1557) ... (3570) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.