Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,140 members, 7,887,296 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:13 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2383758 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (3569) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 08, 2012
debosky:

If that were true, then 4/5ths of clubs worldwide would not have proud fans because very few clubs (in the totality of clubs) actually go on to win trophies.

You feel proud for what your club stands for, its history over time (not just the past couple/7 years) and what it means to you. Yes trophies are a part of that, especially for a club that sees itself at the top end of football, but never should the club's overall value/status begin and end in trophies.

This is so true...

Unfortunately it is Arsenal(And Arsene's) history that has triggered such a reaction from fans and rivals alike...

The 'Unbeatables' era is still recent enough to trigger disappointment in the current set...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 5:36pm On Dec 08, 2012
So Arsenal cant win a league game without either a red card or fraudulent penalty calls?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 5:54pm On Dec 08, 2012
Without the dodgy penalty decision Arsenal would still have won. cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Heathen(m): 5:57pm On Dec 08, 2012
Wilshere is a MAN-GOD.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 6:03pm On Dec 08, 2012
debosky: Without the dodgy penalty decision Arsenal would still have won. cool

You got two bad penalty calls.

Cazorla dived and Chamberlain already fouled outside the box. Without those two incidents it would have been a draw
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 6:09pm On Dec 08, 2012
Haters sipping their usual hatorade. A win is a win. Three points in the hold. If you dont like it, please feel free to sit naked in the snow.

Wilshere, that boy is beyond football! grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by agabaI23(m): 6:09pm On Dec 08, 2012
dayokanu: So Arsenal cant win a league game without either a red card or fraudulent penalty calls?
I was expecting this addition to your rants
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by agabaI23(m): 6:11pm On Dec 08, 2012
Arsenal must hold on to Wilshere. Jeez! Passion and skill combo. Bless him!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 08, 2012
Wilshere is a football GOD
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 6:36pm On Dec 08, 2012
Without the dodgy penalty Bayern got today Augsburg may have won.The penalty demoralised them.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 6:38pm On Dec 08, 2012
edoyad: Without the dodgy penalty Bayern got today Augsburg may have won.The penalty demoralised them.

Bayern scored a clean goal actually SuperMario Gomez scored 2 mins after coming on. Did Arsenal score any goal aside the dodgy penalties?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by goddyjay(m): 7:06pm On Dec 08, 2012
Arsenal fans let's forget this win and focus on our capital one cup in mid week. Arsenal moving ahead........................ cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:26pm On Dec 08, 2012
debosky:

You feel proud for what your club stands for, its history over time (not just the past couple/7 years) and what it means to you.

so what does arsenal stand for? turning a profit and qualifying for the CL shey?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:37pm On Dec 08, 2012
debosky:

If that were true, then 4/5ths of clubs worldwide would not have proud fans because very few clubs (in the totality of clubs) actually go on to win trophies.

You feel proud for what your club stands for, its history over time (not just the past couple/7 years) and what it means to you. Yes trophies are a part of that, especially for a club that sees itself at the top end of football, but never should the club's overall value/status begin and end in trophies.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mbaemeka(m): 11:24pm On Dec 08, 2012
A win is a win. C'est fini.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 08, 2012
4llerbuntu:

so what does arsenal stand for? turning a profit and qualifying for the CL shey?
shey that no do ni?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 3:03am On Dec 09, 2012
For all their lack of creativity, West Brom felt aggrieved and were entitled to. [size=14pt]Santi Cazorla's dive for Arsenal's first goal was the type that has more notorious players labelled enemies of the game. For the clinching second, referee Mike Jones should have awarded a foul to West Brom for a pull on Goran Popov before Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain went on to be clearly tripped by Chris Brunt. The Baggies could perhaps also have had their own first-half spot-kick when Per Mertesacker handled in his own area, only for a mystery infringement to be levelled against Jonas Olsson.[/size]

The visitors were deserving of little but they might have hoped for better officiating. "We got the poorest of a really good group of referees," an angry Steve Clarke said of Jones.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/1256619/john-brewin:-victory-masks-arsenal%27s-bigger-problems?cc=5901
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 4:06am On Dec 09, 2012
PoDUDski wastes a good chance in the 90th min
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 09, 2012
arsenal have signed 19 year-old effix ludalix from lyon, he scored 18 times in 14 appearances for the french U19...official confirmation to be made soon.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 09, 2012
When #AFC signed Eisfeld we
said wtf another kid, in
reserves and vs reading we
saw what a gem of a talent he
is #Arseneknows #
EffixLudalix,... Una go see wonders very soon
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 09, 2012
A win s a win no matta how. Yes d 1st was may b a dive but d fact remains dt we won d game so who ever dnt like it should go n hang himself. GOD BLESS D GUNNERS
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 9:20am On Dec 09, 2012
Dive or no dive?

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:07pm On Dec 09, 2012
See what we are saying? Somehow a part of u wonders if there is not some conspiracy involving wenger n the league contenders. Arsenal determines who wins d league these days.

The moment that goal went in it just strikes u. Great "footballing" reason for selling van persie.

Lord knows mancini is a knucklehead
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 10:31pm On Dec 09, 2012
Me sef I don dey wonder about the conspiracy truly. Add to the fact that last season, after beating ManCity, we were 1-1 with ManUnited and playing with confidence and then suddenly, Arsene Wenger takes out the player who assisted our equalizing goal and replaced him with a player who up till then was having a horrible season. We all know the result.

cheesy cheesy I can't wait for AW's book in a few years to come
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 11:07pm On Dec 09, 2012
4llerbuntu: See what we are saying? Somehow a part of u wonders if there is not some conspiracy involving wenger n the league contenders. Arsenal determines who wins d league these days.

The moment that goal went in it just strikes u. Great "footballing" reason for selling van person

What are you saying? The same thing you said when Wenger sold Clichy and Nasri that f****d up for the goal?

Yeah Arsenal determines who wins the league these days. . . . . heck that's why after we beat Citeh everyone said we had destroyed their chances of winning.

Rooney that cost £30m didn't have anything to do with the win today either, it's all down to RVP, or did someone say he would stop scoring free kicks once he left the Emirates?

RVP was sold for footballing reasons. Any football club with limited resources that lets a player walk for free a year later when they can get £24m to build the team is foolish.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 12:45pm On Dec 10, 2012
Arsenal's holy trinity at their best. cool

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:02pm On Dec 10, 2012
debosky:

What are you saying? The same thing you said when Wenger sold Clichy and Nasri that f****d up for the goal?

Yeah Arsenal determines who wins the league these days. . . . . heck that's why after we beat Citeh everyone said we had destroyed their chances of winning.

Rooney that cost £30m didn't have anything to do with the win today either, it's all down to RVP, or did someone say he would stop scoring free kicks once he left the Emirates?

RVP was sold for footballing reasons. Any football club with limited resources that lets a player walk for free a year later when they can get £24m to build the team is foolish.

U seem to be getting a tad touchy feely these days!!

i wonder why cheesy cheesy

I guess everyone but u could detect the sarcasm and irony in that post. and i know some folks see the comedy value in it as evidenced by proudlynaija.........

are the results finally getting to u? awww debo is feeling blue!! grin grin grin grin grin

don't worry shyte happens. it WAS annoying to see van Persie score that goal wasn't it eh tongue tongue

oh and nasri and clichy?....... erm does that not corroborate the fact that former gunners ARE factors in who wins d league? well if like u said they were responsible for the goal..........

Not to worry, Wilshere is starting to show signs of being the marquee player this year. im sure he would fetch close to 50 million to "rebuild" the team as per usual
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 10, 2012
4llerbuntu:

U seem to be getting a tad touchy feely these days!!

i wonder why cheesy cheesy

I guess everyone but u could detect the sarcasm and irony in that post. and i know some folks see the comedy value in it as evidenced by proudlynaija.........

are the results finally getting to u? awww debo is feeling blue!! grin grin grin grin grin

don't worry shyte happens. it WAS annoying to see van Persie score that goal wasn't it eh tongue tongue

oh and nasri and clichy?....... erm does that not corroborate the fact that former gunners ARE factors in who wins d league? well if like u said they were responsible for the goal..........

Not to worry, Wilshere is starting to show signs of being the marquee player this year. im sure he would fetch close to 50 million to "rebuild" the team as per usual

Ika buruku tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 1:32pm On Dec 10, 2012
4llerbuntu:
U seem to be getting a tad touchy feely these days!! i wonder why cheesy cheesy

What results exactly? Despite our poor start to the season, we're 5 points off fourth, in the CL knockout phases and still technically in 4 competitions. I have a q/final to look forward to this week, UCL knockout football in 2013.

The only thing that irks me is when folk are more interested in discussing ex-Arsenal players (in some misguided attempt to say 'I told you so') on an Arsenal thread even when we've won a game. One would think folk here said RVP was sold off because he was useless or could never score again.

Is RVP scoring now news? I'm surprised you weren't here telling us 'this is what we've been saying' when Ade scored for Spurs, or when Henry scored for New York Red Bull. I hope I'm learning sarcasm now? cheesy

If that's your level of attachment to RVP, I'm sure the scumtwats are accepting applications.

It wasn't actually - it was quite refreshing to see Clichy and Nasri's c0ck ups justify the money we made off selling them off. Citeh losing the game in the last minute was also quite refreshing in other ways too - it ensures that AFC remains the only club in the modern era to win the league unbeaten in England.

I don't get annoyed when ex-players score because I've moved on - have you?

Sure! United has just won the title in December, just like they did last season. Heck it was former gunners in the form of Dzeko and Aguero that won the title for Citeh. How am I doing on the sarcasm front?

Yawn - if he leaves, he leaves. I'll continue supporting AFC. Keep on bellyaching since, like dudu said, it's what gives you pleasure.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 10, 2012
Pataki: Haters sipping their usual hatorade. A win is a win. Three points in the hold. If you dont like it, please feel free to sit naked in the snow.

mba emeka: A win is a win. C'est fini.

The hypocrite brigade in full effect.
Arsene Wenger advocated for a three-match retrospective ban for diving back in April.
Now I know why Arsenal is a club with confused fans.
But you'll be the first to scream when a decision goes against you and you drop points as a result.
proudly9ja: Dive or no dive?

You didn't watch the match abi?
Smart but lame attempt to prove the unprovable by taking this pic at an angle where it would suggest there was contact or a photoshop job.
Unfortunately those of us who saw the game know there was no contact.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 2:18pm On Dec 10, 2012
StarBoard:
The hypocrite brigade in full effect.
Arsene Wenger advocated for a three-match retrospective ban for diving back in April.
Now I know why Arsenal is a club with confused fans.

You're the one confused as usual. The fact that Arsene Wenger holds an opinion doesn't mean every Arsenal fan shares that opinion. Or are you unable to distinguish between fan opinion and managerial opinion?

But you'll be the first to scream when a decision goes against you and you drop points as a result.

So what? Do you expect Arsenal fans to celebrate decisions that go against the club? In this same game legitimate calls against Cazorla and others were missed by the ref, Brunt should've been sent off for his tackle on Ox. What about those? Just STFU if you don't have anything useful to say.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 2:27pm On Dec 10, 2012
i just don't understand why arsenal fans criticise wenger and not the board......not even the combination of del bosque, guardiola and mourinho can push arsenal further than wenger has pushed the club. it's a miracle arsenal are still challenging for the scraps wenger has had to work with.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (3569) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.