Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,858 members, 7,980,010 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 11:14 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2017) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2475493 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2014) (2015) (2016) (2017) (2018) (2019) (2020) ... (3691) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 5:20pm On Oct 27, 2020
Fkhalifa:

grin grin
Shurup and enjoy your Arterta to the left to the left football..
Atleast your Headache Guen is gone and Emery is enjoying life in Spain now tongue

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:59pm On Oct 27, 2020
This has always been my take.

Do we need to move on from Ozil? Absolutely yes..

Does Arsenal need Ozil on the roster? Yes

Does Ozil need to start for Arsenal? For the sake of argument, I will concede and say NO

How then should Arteta use Ozil? Ozil would have created something for us in the final 10/15 minutes of the games against City and Leceister. In both games, we lost 1-0 and did not create anything despite dominating possession in the final minutes of both games. We were already losing, what was the worst that could have happened if we introduced Ozil? Inversely, what is the best that could have happened if he came in with 10 minutes to go.

#Justsaying
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:41pm On Oct 27, 2020
Jodera:
Exactly!!
The reason I said this team is very limited compared to Wenger's team

You see that your bolded... That's what I tried explaining to spy and kokane that if we had to good wingers that will run at defenders, there'll be space that will be opened, and it'll even draw our midfielders subconsciously towards their opposition box, cos of the space created by the wingers. But whereby our midfielders is sideways passes, the first thing in a winger mind is to pass back just by seeing the shadow of an opponent, then no matter how, it will be difficult to break down the bus
Wenger's team( early and mid years) always had players good at progressing and causing problems to oppositions.
Even the Average Oxlade,Iwobi,Eboue,Clichy,Alex Song,Welbeck
Walcott, Ramsey and Wilshere amongst many others won games by causing defence problems with take ons,attempt dribblings and pace.

Reason why Auba/Laca will continue to be a scam upfront, and 7 Parteys will not move Arsenal to UCL.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:48pm On Oct 27, 2020
Roland17:
This has always been my take.

Do we need to move on from Ozil? Absolutely yes..

Does Arsenal need Ozil on the roster? Yes

Does Ozil need to start for Arsenal? For the sake of argument, I will concede and say NO

How then should Arteta use Ozil? Ozil would have created something for us in the final 10/15 minutes of the games against City and Leceister. In both games, we lost 1-0 and did not create anything despite dominating possession in the final minutes of both games. We were already losing, what was the worst that could have happened if we introduced Ozil? Inversely, what is the best that could have happened if he came in with 10 minutes to go.

#Justsaying
This is my view on Ozil too, He's good against teams leaving much space like city did.
I just don't some the fans making Ozil as the last hope to move everything up
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:52pm On Oct 27, 2020
mostob:
The reason I'm still clamouring for Nelson is because he has not really get a tangible game time. Just On and Off.
And as for Willock, i think he will play the Laca role better. He is taller and his hold up play is better due to his physique. He has also shown to be a good goalscorer and his height is a good aerial weapon which means the FBs will get a target man to deliver crosses to. He is a midfielder so dropping deep won't be a problem for him. I'm not the coach, that is just my opinion.
As for playing more youths, Donyel Malen was let go, he is currently leading the line for PSV. I heard Barca is monitoring him if they can't get Depay. There is also Jeff and Bennacer that were let go then.
willock that's not even strong, that is not a good passer of the ball also, is who you want to play 9(false 9). Lol.
And how has he shown he's a good goal scorer? Abi is it the screamer he scored last season against Liverpool. Abeg oo. Let Arteta better use me for 9 than willock grin grin

As for playing more youths, is there no budding talent in the youth setup like saka of last year ni?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:57pm On Oct 27, 2020
Fkhalifa:

Wenger's team( early and mid years) always had players good at progressing and causing problems to oppositions.
Even the Average Oxlade,Iwobi,Eboue,Clichy,Alex Song,Welbeck
Walcott, Ramsey and Wilshere amongst many others won games by causing defence problems with take ons,attempt dribblings and pace.

Reason why Auba/Laca will continue to be a scam upfront, and 7 Parteys will not move Arsenal to UCL.
Auba/laca combo na scam of the highest order.
Laca just declined massively. See laca I was clamouring for over auba as at last year beginning.. Smh

We really lack good ball carriers... Can't believe arsenal who have this 4 or 5 in the 1st eleven just have only 1 in the entire squad. Pepe that suppose to make it 2 is just looking like a sham
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 7:16pm On Oct 27, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

Do you know how deep our wingers play at all? So u expect them to always run from middle of the field to the opponent’s box, as in always?

Xhaka first instinct with the ball is to try and find Auba, and Auba lately is most times man marked. His next instinct is to sideways or backwards. Ceb plays very deep too, same as Partey. Our wingers are most time isolated reason they drop deep.
You can't expect Auba to look good on the wings, baba no sabi use ball like that or average at best, everyone knows he's a CF.

Atleast Saka tries.

Sanchez in his days will drop deep, win ball himself, drive to the middle,cuts to his right foot, make runs to the box, shoots and does everything the likes of Mane and Sterling are doing.

Wing football requires energy and mobility, its not for the softies.
Also Wingers need support of AM and CF, and full backs.
Arsenal players don't make much runs on and off the ball.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:36pm On Oct 27, 2020
Jodera:
I never fancy Willian sha.
If you say hazard, I might agree.

But at least, you'll agree with me that a good winger will cushion our Am problem.

Liverpool is a good example
Liverpool uses Firmino to create chances for Salah and Mane. The latter players too drop deep at times to create chances. We don't have such tactically adaptable players apart from Saka.

Every team must need a creative player if they must score goals.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:41pm On Oct 27, 2020
Jodera:

1... Arteta prioritized both, not just the Dm. Just that it was aouar agent(brother) that killed everything.

2.. I never said that, but you'll agree with me that Wenger had more creative and technical players than emery and Arteta

3... In as much that I'll agree with you that Wenger is a very very good coach, but then EPL wasn't competitive as it is now. The kind and calibers of coaches then is not what we have now, and the kind of players we have then is not what we have now.

In fact, it's sad to see how low we come
1. At the long run he had to choose, he chose a DM. It's a good decision for me, but we have to bear the consequences.

2. Wenger never joked with creativity o. He always had them in quantum. lol. Emery came and just sold all of them, angry

3. I don't take that as an excuse. Successful managers can adapt even in miraculous ways.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:42pm On Oct 27, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

That’s because Wenger prioritized midfield, which was why I was of the opinion we prioritize midfield before splashing on defence.

The code is, if your midfield is very balanced (defencewise and attackwise) you’ll solve two problems to an extent. Wenger never joked with midfield he even had surplus of midfielders. Reason we could still compete despite not having the best defence in league and had someone like Giroud leading our attack. Imagine having Giroud as our CF in this squad na die. Then we had midfielders that were excellent finishers. Now if Auba doesn’t score we are a toast!
You are spot on. Though I'd preferred defense. But both departments are critical.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:51pm On Oct 27, 2020
Jodera:
but last season, it was mostly through the fullbacks ball get to attack and not firmino.
Granted firmino drops deep to dictate play, but their creative hub were Robertson and Arnold.
And their front 3
Which creative hub? An advanced fullback is just what he is, an AM is far different.

Remember Okazaki for Leicester? He plays in a front two with Vardy but actually drops deep to create chances. Same thing Firminho does for Liverpool and even Brazil.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:48pm On Oct 27, 2020
Jodera:
willock that's not even strong, that is not a good passer of the ball also, is who you want to play 9(false 9). Lol.
And how has he shown he's a good goal scorer? Abi is it the screamer he scored last season against Liverpool. Abeg oo. Let Arteta better use me for 9 than willock grin grin

As for playing more youths, is there no budding talent in the youth setup like saka of last year ni?
lol. .willock is deceptively strong o.
Any talent? Shebi it is Nelson and co they are using for U23.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 27, 2020
Fkhalifa:

You can't expect Auba to look good on the wings, baba no sabi use ball like that or average at best, everyone knows he's a CF.

Atleast Saka tries.

Sanchez in his days will drop deep, win ball himself, drive to the middle,cuts to his right foot, make runs to the box, shoots and does everything the likes of Mane and Sterling are doing.

With the exception of Ceb, none of our regular midfielders can move with the ball.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 11:11pm On Oct 27, 2020
mostob:

Is this a joke or what? Pesin wen dey play ball like say him dey wear baggy jeans angry angry Na to dey bounce around field him sabi angry angry

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:08am On Oct 28, 2020
Roland17:

Is this a joke or what? Pesin wen dey play ball like say him dey wear baggy jeans angry angry Na to dey bounce around field him sabi angry angry
Well, we all can't have the same view about a player.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:42am On Oct 28, 2020
Spy360:

Liverpool uses Firmino to create chances for Salah and Mane. The latter players too drop deep at times to create chances. We don't have such tactically adaptable players apart from Saka.

Every team must need a creative player if they must score goals.
I get you. Sure, That's what firmino does. But as at last season, bulk of their chances were created through the full backs.
Also, the firmino thing is what Arteta wants in lacazette, but then, you can't give what you don't have. Laca cant hold up play, can't interplay, can't dribble, can't carry the ball, can't pass. All these things is what firmino is good at
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:50am On Oct 28, 2020
Spy360:

1. At the long run he had to choose, he chose a DM. It's a good decision for me, but we have to bear the consequences.

2. Wenger never joked with creativity o. He always had them in quantum. lol. Emery came and just sold all of them, angry

3. I don't take that as an excuse. Successful managers can adapt even in miraculous ways.

1.. Lol. We agreed aouar deal with Lyon and everything before the deadline day. While partey was 30min before deadline they submitted his bid, but I'm to agree Arteta chose partey first over aouar. Lol.
All of us follow this transfer deal oo, remember?

2.. Spot on Wenger never joked with creativity. I have to agree.

But then, can you name me the creativities Emery sold??

3... Fair point. I'll give you that

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:52am On Oct 28, 2020
7 arsenal defenders on loan,3 wasnot registered and 4 currently injured. And now,we have 2 fit CBs for our next two matches.
This is just laughable.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:55am On Oct 28, 2020
Spy360:

Which creative hub? An advanced fullback is just what he is, an AM is far different.

Remember Okazaki for Leicester? He plays in a front two with Vardy but actually drops deep to create chances. Same thing Firminho does for Liverpool and even Brazil.
All these examples is what lacazette is suppose to be doing for us so that Auba can perform. That's like false 9. In fact, presently, that's what Kane is doing at Tottenham. Maybe just maybe the roles of 9 is changing. It's not as if they're Am per se. But laca doesn't have the qualities for that

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:59am On Oct 28, 2020
mostob:
Lol... Thank God you used deceptively strong.. At least, him dey deceive us say he's strong, but he's not grin grin. Jokes aside tho, that guy na isn't strong 1bit at all.

So aside Nelson, no other person is making waves ni?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 11:01am On Oct 28, 2020
Fkhalifa:

Atleast Saka tries.

This is the most disturbing part . I have seen Arsenal teams over the years with players whom are always making runs giving midfielders options hence why I think this may boil down to laziness from some of the immediate past and present crop we have now. Albeit now the team seems to dictate games better but that movement in the final third is essential to any progress we need to make when it comes to winning games
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:01am On Oct 28, 2020
mostob:
7 arsenal defenders on loan,3 wasnot registered and 4 currently injured. And now,we have 2 fit CBs for our next two matches.
This is just laughable.
well, we're unfortunate with the defenders been injured, but I don't know how the defenders been on loan or not registered is arsenal's fault.

If they weren't on loan, they wouldn't still have been registered cos they're not homegrown
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:53pm On Oct 28, 2020
Jodera:
All these examples is what lacazette is suppose to be doing for us so that Auba can perform. That's like false 9. In fact, presently, that's what Kane is doing at Tottenham. Maybe just maybe the roles of 9 is changing. It's not as if they're Am per se. But laca doesn't have the qualities for that
Lacazette is not a support striker or attacking midfielder. So he cannot perform that function. We need a Bergkamp type of player to play a 4-4-2. A player with skill, guile, movement, eyes etc.

Or a Fabregas type in a 4-3-3 and so on. But lack all of these. The last person we had that was close was Iwobi. We sold him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:57pm On Oct 28, 2020
Jodera:

1.. Lol. We agreed aouar deal with Lyon and everything before the deadline day. While partey was 30min before deadline they submitted his bid, but I'm to agree Arteta chose partey first over aouar. Lol.
All of us follow this transfer deal
oo, remember?

2.. Spot on Wenger never joked with creativity. I have to agree.

But then, can you name me the creativities Emery sold??

3... Fair point. I'll give you that
The fact we all agree is that Lyon were willing to sell.
I believe Arteta wanted the two of them. But Arsenal was put off by the cost of getting both in the same window.

Why didn't we sign Aouar?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:49pm On Oct 28, 2020
Spy360:

The fact we all agree is that Lyon were willing to sell.
I believe Arteta wanted the two of them. But Arsenal was put off by the cost of getting both in the same window.

Why didn't we sign Aouar?
Because of his greedy brother which I feel is his agent. That's why arsenal backed out of arsenal deal cos there was already breakthrough with Lyon the club.

But you're making it seem like Arteta chose partey over aouar wen asked to go for one which is not so at all.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:51pm On Oct 28, 2020
Jodera:
Lol... Thank God you used deceptively strong.. At least, him dey deceive us say he's strong, but he's not grin grin. Jokes aside tho, that guy na isn't strong 1bit at all.

So aside Nelson, no other person is making waves ni?
I have not heard of any lately. Maybe Miguel Azeez or Balogun.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:54pm On Oct 28, 2020
Jodera:
well, we're unfortunate with the defenders been injured, but I don't know how the defenders been on loan or not registered is arsenal's fault.

If they weren't on loan, they wouldn't still have been registered cos they're not homegrown
Yea. .that is one hell of an unfortunate situation. But the Saliba exclusion eh. .i no understand o.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:54pm On Oct 28, 2020
Spy360:

Lacazette is not a support striker or attacking midfielder. So he cannot perform that function. We need a Bergkamp type of player to play a 4-4-2. A player with skill, guile, movement, eyes etc.

Or a Fabregas type in a 4-3-3 and so on. But lack all of these. The last person we had that was close was Iwobi. We sold him.
I agree with you, but it doesn't negate the fact that that's what Arteta wants from lacazette and lacazette is failing woefully in his role.

And he's part of the people killing arsenal attack
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:56pm On Oct 28, 2020
mostob:
Yea. .that is one hell of an unfortunate situation. But the Saliba exclusion eh. .i no understand o.
lol... The Saliba situation was to go out on loan.
Since he didn't get it, I'm not sure there's anybody he would have substituted in that our squad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:21pm On Oct 28, 2020
Jodera:
lol... The Saliba situation was to go out on loan.
Since he didn't get it, I'm not sure there's anybody he would have substituted in that our squad
He could have take the place of one of the 5 GKs. Two of them are now on loan anyway. He might replace Mustafi in January sha.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:17pm On Oct 28, 2020
mostob:
He could have take the place of one of the 5 GKs. Two of them are now on loan anyway. He might replace Mustafi in January sha.
Yea..
That 3 goal keepers is bad sha.
Why having 3 Gks wen we'll be using only 1.
Very poor decision

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:46pm On Oct 28, 2020
Jodera:
Because of his greedy brother which I feel is his agent. That's why arsenal backed out of arsenal deal cos there was already breakthrough with Lyon the club.

But you're making it seem like Arteta chose partey over aouar wen asked to go for one which is not so at all.
Agent fees are fixed in Euro zone countries based on percentages. This is a flimsy excuse that Arsenal can give. Bro there was no money. Simple

(1) (2) (3) ... (2014) (2015) (2016) (2017) (2018) (2019) (2020) ... (3691) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Bjteensdes24 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.