Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,914 members, 7,876,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 06:28 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2046) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2372953 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2043) (2044) (2045) (2046) (2047) (2048) (2049) ... (3561) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:13pm On Nov 26, 2020
Somebody said Lacazzette is playing 10 in this match grin.....10 like 0
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:16pm On Nov 26, 2020
BlueRayDick:
grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Sulele04(m): 8:17pm On Nov 26, 2020
joe wilock - two assists
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:21pm On Nov 26, 2020
Nketiah can vex me sometimes angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:27pm On Nov 26, 2020
BlueRayDick:

He's so unpredictable and inconsistent. His price tag doesn't help matters as well.

Lacazette is the greatest defensive forward in our team
You mean Laca is a centre forward-back shocked
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:28pm On Nov 26, 2020
Why is Arteta bringing in Tierney? For what exactly This is another guy at risk of going down because of how much he has played... Between Scotland and Arsenal, Tierney has not had a break. We are 2-0 up and Arteta brings him on?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:31pm On Nov 26, 2020
Tierney shouldn't be playing this game, thunder will fire Arteta if anything happens to him angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:34pm On Nov 26, 2020
Balogun!

First touch first goal cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:36pm On Nov 26, 2020
What Nketiah could not do in 82 mins, Balogun has done with his first attempt and in less than 30 seconds.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:39pm On Nov 26, 2020
iamoyindamola:

You mean Laca is a centre forward-back shocked

I dey tell u
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:40pm On Nov 26, 2020
BlueRayDick:
Balogun!

First touch first goal cheesy
Concentrate on ESR
That guy should be playing in first team if willock can get a shot
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:41pm On Nov 26, 2020
BlueRayDick:

I dey tell u
Wahala for who face lacazette
Cos he's gonna attack and defend at the same time grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 8:42pm On Nov 26, 2020
BlueRayDick:

He's so unpredictable and inconsistent. His price tag doesn't help matters as well.

Lacazette is the greatest defensive forward in our team
shocked

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:42pm On Nov 26, 2020
Laca should be sold abeg. Let Folarin take his place. Auba to lead the line with Balogun and Eddie as back up.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:43pm On Nov 26, 2020
mostob:
Laca should be sold abeg. Let Folarin take his place.
Auba to lead the line with Balogun and Eddie as back up.
Martinelli nko undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:49pm On Nov 26, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Martinelli nko undecided
LW bro. I want him to man that wing with Nelson rotating with him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:52pm On Nov 26, 2020
Hopefully Balogun,Cortrell and Azeez start next week. It is about time these guys get their chance.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:55pm On Nov 26, 2020
mostob:
Laca should be sold abeg. Let Folarin take his place.
Auba to lead the line with Balogun and Eddie as back up.

To think some people actually suggested we sell Auba for him because he can play with his back to goal grin.....Good thing, now when he receives a ball facing goal, he will turn and back goal post either dancing Atilogu or forming Amalize the cat with defenders cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:56pm On Nov 26, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Wahala for who face lacazette
Cos he's gonna attack and defend at the same time grin
grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:10pm On Nov 26, 2020
Jodera:
Yeah...
But I just feel he should start thinking like a big-team coach instead of a small-team coach.

Big team coach thinks offensively and how to create chances.
Small team coach thinks defensively and how to prevent goals.
You are absolutely correct. But that's why big team coaches demand bigger players than their small team counterparts. Arteta is not getting the class and number of players to think well. Imagine getting Willian that was rejected by Chelsea? Sometimes I don't want to blame him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:11pm On Nov 26, 2020
kodded:
willian pattern of play is depressingembarassed
Nna see depression. 6000years for Willian.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:11pm On Nov 26, 2020
BlueRayDick:

To think some people actually suggested we sell Auba for him because he can play with his back to goal grin.....Good thing, now when he receives a ball facing goal, he will turn and back goal post either dancing Atilogu or forming Amalize the cat with defenders cheesy
Lol. .no mind him.
He always does the most simple thing the hard way.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:32pm On Nov 26, 2020
BlueRayDick:
He probably saw that Arteta needs an AM and asked to play there knowing that he place as a striker is seriously under threat. Yet he was the most disappointing player on the pitch today.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:54am On Nov 27, 2020
Pepe played like his career depended on it today. Now, while Molde is a lower competition in comparison to the EPL, seeing him play with so much energy and commitment meant he had something to prove and that is always good to see. I hope he carries this attitude and disposition over to the EPL when he returns from his suspension.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 10:48am On Nov 27, 2020
Roland17:
Pepe played like his career depended on it today. Now, while Molde is a lower competition in comparison to the EPL, seeing him play with so much energy and commitment meant he had something to prove and that is always good to see. I hope he carries this attitude and disposition over to the EPL when he returns from his suspension.

True.
He played like a man possessed by spirits unknown. One on a mission with a purpose.
All guns blazing all eyes on goals. Very direct runs towards the goal and quickly gets his shots away. No stupid shakushaku side way dribbles. Pure attacking direct football.

This wasn't about the opposition, because he played against this same opposition at home last time around and he was his usual tepid self in that match. We needed Saka introduction to create chances and turn things around in that match.

Whatever it is Arteta told him after the disappointment at Leeds in the league seem to have worked.
Let's hope he keeps this tempo and hunger on for the rest of his Arsenal career and bring them on in the league against superior opposition.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 10:50am On Nov 27, 2020
Nicolas Pépé for Arsenal vs. Molde:
◉ Most touches (80)
◉ Most crosses (12)
◉ Most touches in opp. box (11)
◉ Most take-ons completed (9) (!)
◉ Most shots (6)
◉ Most chances created (4)
= Most shots on target (2)
And a goal!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:04pm On Nov 27, 2020
Ok...One thing I have noticed about Pepe is that he tends to score more when he is closer to the box. staying on the wing is not just his strength. I think Arteta should redefine his role. I want him to move more centrally. Though, the RB will need to overlap and this is where the problem is, AMN will combine well with Pepe than Bellerin but Hector is the starter.
If Pepe can play more in the centre rather than staying on the wing dancing shakushaku, i have no doubt his output will improve.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:46pm On Nov 27, 2020
mostob:
Ok...One thing I have noticed about Pepe is that he tends to score more when he is closer to the box. staying on the wing is not just his strength. I think Arteta should redefine his role. I want him to move more centrally. Though, the RB will need to overlap and this is where the problem is, AMN will combine well with Pepe than Bellerin but Hector is the starter.
If Pepe can play more in the centre rather than staying on the wing dancing shakushaku, i have no doubt his output will improve.
You are right but it depends on him and not the manager. We usually play with wingbacks which tells the winger he is free to move central. He does not need the manager to tell him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:16pm On Nov 27, 2020
Spy360:

You are right but it depends on him and not the manager. We usually play with wingbacks which tells the winger he is free to move central. He does not need the manager to tell him.
I don't think so. Arteta usually instruct the Fullbacks to move to the Midfield rather than provide width so i think he is playing to instruction.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:33am On Nov 28, 2020
mostob:
I don't think so. Arteta usually instruct the Fullbacks to move to the Midfield rather than provide width so i think he is playing to instruction.
Yes. But it happens at only one side of the pitch, the other side can move central.

Check:

From (normal)

Auba.......... Laca............ Pepe

AMN.. Xhaka.. Ceballos.. Bellerin

Tierney....... Gabriel........ Luiz

To (attacking)

AMN... Auba... Laca... Pepe

Tierney.Xhaka.Ceballos.Bellerin

.......... Gabriel... Luiz............

Or (attacking)

Auba... Laca... Pepe... Bellerin

Tierney.. AMN.. Xhaka.. Ceballos

.......... Gabriel... Luiz............
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ndidibabe(f): 8:23am On Nov 28, 2020
Spy360:

This is appalling to say the least. Disappointing thoughts.
U don't know football. My husband is a die hard arsenal fan. He has watched these guys play live a couple of times. I really trust his analysis and from what i see on TV, I concur with him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:35am On Nov 28, 2020
ndidibabe:
U don't know football. My husband is a die hard arsenal fan. He has watched these guys play live a couple of times. I really trust his analysis and from what i see on TV, I concur with him.
Well I don't know what you and your husband are watching. But I watched Aubameyang decimate Man City and Chelsea last season.

In one of his goals against City, he out ran a defender and placed the ball between the keeper's legs.

In the goal against Chelsea, he actually dribbled a defender, turning him inside right before coiling the ball around the posts.

His not scoring this season is an Arsenal problem not his. A striker that put in over 20goals per season is a good footballer.

Probably your opinion of a good footballer is a shaku shaku player, but it only proves you know close to nothing. I will exonerate your husband from this as he can only speak for himself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2043) (2044) (2045) (2046) (2047) (2048) (2049) ... (3561) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Shegzdave, mostob(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.