Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,881 members, 7,915,533 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 06:00 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2410573 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2131) (2132) (2133) (2134) (2135) (2136) (2137) ... (3592) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:40pm On Jan 30, 2021
mostob:
I don't know why this draw is painful to me. Imagine Xhaka had taken that FK or Pepe had cut the ball back for Laca .
Anyway, we move.
the draw is painful sha, but some many unfortunate things that happened that I just have to accept the draw

No saka, partey had a bad game and Willian entered, martinelli not completing the match.

I'll just manage the draw like that

Anyways, it was an interesting game for viewers

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 1:31am On Jan 31, 2021
sod09:

Did you see laca leg

This is very dirty and it was intentional

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 1:51am On Jan 31, 2021
mostob:
I don't know why this draw is painful to me. Imagine Xhaka had taken that FK or Pepe had cut the ball back for Laca .
Anyway, we move.

It felt like we were one move away from getting all 3 points. The guys played very well in the 2nd half and were all over United but could not score. We really missed Saka today, he would have scored or created something for a goal today.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by timay(m): 7:41am On Jan 31, 2021
Roland17:

This is very dirty and it was intentional

Funny enough, Lacassette did this same bending stuff few minutes before this incident.
They all do this stunt bro. All players are full of dirty tricks. If you take sides , you'll be disappointed.
BTW, this trick is worse with Harry Kane. He does it almost every time
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:40am On Jan 31, 2021
I didn't watch the match yesterday, I was busy fixing things up at my place cos I recently relocated. From what I've read and the replay I watched it wasn't a bad result especially in the wake of Man utd's resurgence that saw them top the league ( Albeit for a short period).

This morning I was reading goal dot com suggesting Mitland-Niles might go on loan, loserpool being interested in mustafi ( I know my guy sod09 will hope this is true and come for me later for always criticizing mustafi grin) and possibility of Reiss Nelson being sent out on loan as well.

I really don't know how they will do all that on transfer deadline day, but I hope replacements are gotten for some of them. We should prioritize LB cos after Tierney and Cedric as makeshift LB we have that LB open o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 12:36pm On Jan 31, 2021
Great game of footie yesterday. 3 perspectives for me are,

1 David luiz interview post match shows true leadership and mentality for a club as ours. All he said was ambition and fighting to be the best until it's mathematically impossible. Never again should an arsenal player be talking as a weakling even in the face of defeat as we witnessed sometime ago. There must be pride and a strong will to be the best regardless of any opposition or difficulty.

2 We were missing 3 key players yesterday and we were never pressured or put up the excuse of them not playing to succumb to a poor performance. Partey had a below par performance but xhaka stepped up immensely .The players that replaced them stepped up and this shows that competition for places is strong in the squad. Something I have always wanted to see that regardless of who is on the pitch, you must put in the shift and effort to deserve a spot in that starting eleven. Long may this continue.

3 The very first time in a long time have I seen arsenal fans feel like a draw is a loss to a team in the top half. We have been so bad to the extent that we were happy to even get a draw off teams in the lower half. Could this be a sign of overall club mentality and regarding failure as not an option? It's was amazing that no one even talked too much bout the absentees but more pained about not getting maximum points against a resurgent United with a full strength team. Absolutely unbelievable!

Right now we need to maintain this level of high performance consistently. Players will get tired and injuries will set in but anyone call upon to play must always have the right attitude. Shout out to much maligned pepe for beginning to put in decent performances even has he is being moved from flank to flank these days.

Unto the next game at wolves.

5 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:26pm On Jan 31, 2021
timay:

Funny enough, Lacassette did this same bending stuff few minutes before this incident.
They all do this stunt bro. All players are full of dirty tricks. If you take sides , you'll be disappointed.
BTW, this trick is worse with Harry Kane. He does it almost every time

This particular play needs to be outlawed and you are right about every players especially Kane. Someone is going to break his neck or suffer a fatal injury from this rubbish.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:39pm On Jan 31, 2021
Referees tend to favor United for God knows why. This is so obvious and embarrassing for a top society like England. Fernandes should have seen red.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:42pm On Jan 31, 2021
Spy360:
Referees tend to favor United for God knows why. This is so obvious and embarrassing for a top society like England. Fernandes should have seen red.

Bruno should have seen yellow, at the worst for that stamp on Xhaka’s heel. It was shameful.. Also FRIDGE should have seen a yellow or red for that rubbish against Lacazette.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:59pm On Jan 31, 2021
Roland17:

Bruno should have seen yellow, at the worst for that stamp on Xhaka’s heel. It was shameful.. Also FRIDGE should have seen a yellow or red for that rubbish against Lacazette.
Our solidity in defense reminds me of the Campbell/Toure days. It's so difficult to score against us. This solidity has been the bedrock of our climb back to the top of the league. I feel so confident that with the attack finding a way to score we will come out with three points in most of our forthcoming matches.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 9:37pm On Jan 31, 2021
Roland17 don't worry he's still going to win the champions league for you grin cheesy grin cheesy

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:07am On Feb 01, 2021
We should not forget this guy with other of our defenders were tagged useless beyond redemption

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:17am On Feb 01, 2021
sod09:
We should not forget this guy with other of our defenders were tagged useless beyond redemption
He really tried against man u. Reason why I commended him the most amongst our defence.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:20am On Feb 01, 2021
Jodera:
He really tried against man u. Reason why I commended him the most amongst our defence.
He's still useless with others, only Gabriel is better
When are we getting more defenders to partner gabu angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:33am On Feb 01, 2021
Spy360:

Our solidity in defense reminds me of the Campbell/Toure days. It's so difficult to score against us. This solidity has been the bedrock of our climb back to the top of the league. I feel so confident that with the attack finding a way to score we will come out with three points in most of our forthcoming matches.
I hope Pepe improves more.
In as much he tried against man u, but I feel he was a bit individualistic to a fault. Most times he would have squared the ball for an empty tap in, but he'll choose to go for a shot himself.

Another thing is that relies most on his left leg too much. He should try and be using his right once in a while, that will make him unpredictable and not a "one way" guy.

Once that happens, our attack will really complement our defence
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:36am On Feb 01, 2021
sod09:

He's still useless with others, only Gabriel is better
When are we getting more defenders to partner gabu angry
Lol... Let's just forget that ish.

It's like someone will start rubbing it on our face about Pepe's improvement against man u and Southampton. Let's just be happy that holding have improved and Arteta has worked on him very well.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 10:09am On Feb 01, 2021
sod09:

This table you are shaking for this early momo on Monday no let Kokaneprodigy enter here with fire.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:34am On Feb 01, 2021
sod09:

This table u are trying to shake no favour anybody, not even u sef. We have all called one or two players useless before because they were actually useless at that point in time. Below is u talking about Xhaka

iamoyindamola:

Can you ever win a midfield battle with xhaka

iamoyindamola:

The midfield is a total scrap
Arteta should never start xhaka and ceballos again
He should disobey the board and call ozil back till January and he can bin him if he get his AM

iamoyindamola:

When a coach retain xhakaand loan out torreira
At this stage we go prostrate for Jerry curl and ozil to come back
Ceballos is the mother of useless, willock is the father while xhaka is the grandfather

You even said we can't win a midfield battle with Xhaka but we did against Chelsea and other teams we've played in recent times. U see say that table u are shaking carry all of us join body grin.

In fact, the only person that may not be on this table here is spy360 cos he is optimistic to a fault when it comes to assessing our players.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:35am On Feb 01, 2021
Jodera:
I hope Pepe improves more.
In as much he tried against man u, but I feel he was a bit individualistic to a fault. Most times he would have squared the ball for an empty tap in, but he'll choose to go for a shot himself.

Another thing is that relies most on his left leg too much. He should try and be using his right once in a while, that will make him unpredictable and not a "one way" guy.

Once that happens, our attack will really complement our defence
Pepe's selfishness comes from the pressure of having to meet his goals target, something that may have been included in his contract. Many top clubs do so for expensive signings. It's the job of the manager to ease him from that pressure.

As for his right leg, I think it's too late. Nature has given more strength to his left leg. Many good players are one legged they have only need to use it to their advantage and not see it qs a disadvantage. One legged players are usually faster when they move with the ball and are more accurate when they shoot. This is because their mental strength is highly concentrated on that part of their body. Pepe can use it to his advantage. He must learn to play in close spaces as a club like Arsenal will most often face opposition who sit deeper. He should also improve in his off the ball movement, just as Martinelli and ESR.

He has the talent and should come good for us with time. That said I think we wasted money on him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:48am On Feb 01, 2021
BlueRayDick:

This table u are trying to shake no favour anybody, not even u sef. We have all called one or two players useless before because they were actually useless at that point in time. Below is u talking about Xhaka

You even said we can't win a midfield battle with Xhaka but we did against Chelsea and other teams we've played in recent times. U see say that table u are shaking carry all of us join body grin.

In fact, the only person that may not be on this table here is spy360 cos he is optimistic to a fault when it comes to assessing our players.
I still stand by it xhaka is useless can you say the same about the defence you guys condemned
No changes yet they are balling keeping gabu on bench with safety belt
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:24am On Feb 01, 2021
Walks in to thread, hears drums of war. Not in the mood today. Walks out of thread.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:28am On Feb 01, 2021
Everybody sheath your sword
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:29am On Feb 01, 2021
One fact that cannot be disputed is that Xhaka has been a mainstay with all the managers we have had since Wenger. There must be something they see in him despite his shortcomings. When Partey was joining many feltvthatvwoukd be the end of Xhaka, but lo and behold. More so it's like Xhaka's form is an indicator of the form of the entire team. Xhaka should be captain, he is the real leader in that team.

As for our defense, it's not the individuals that's changed but the pattern. I have hammered this overtime. It does not matter the combination, Holding - Luiz, Holding - Mari, Luiz - Gabriel, Holding - Gabriel etc., the pattern is the same and it's working. At a time we thought it was Gabriel, then no it was Mari, now it's Holding or Luiz who have improved, but it's none of these. It's the Arteta defensive approach. Unless you see it this way, you won't stop deceiving yourself.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:06pm On Feb 01, 2021
sod09:

I still stand by it xhaka is useless can you say the same about the defence you guys condemned
No changes yet they are balling keeping gabu on bench with safety belt

Well, we condemned mustafi for being trashy, we complained about holding for not stepping up his game and Luiz for being too error prone. If that is interpreted as condemning the entire defence, then that's fine; you did exactly the same by condemning Xhaka and entire midfield by saying we can't win with a Xhaka midfield ( the contrary has happened this year)

I think like a true fan we should be focusing on the team playing fairly well now instead of trying to drag dead issues out of the grave.

Be rest assured that if we all want to drag each other for statements we made at the time the team was down, there's enough of it to go round . Everybody record dey this thread, it only takes little effort to pull it out
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:51pm On Feb 01, 2021
Spy360:
One fact that cannot be disputed is that Xhaka has been a mainstay with all the managers we have had since Wenger. There must be something they see in him despite his shortcomings. When Partey was joining many feltvthatvwoukd be the end of Xhaka, but lo and behold. More so it's like Xhaka's form is an indicator of the form of the entire team. Xhaka should be captain, he is the real leader in that team.

As for our defense, it's not the individuals that's changed but the pattern. I have hammered this overtime. It does not matter the combination, Holding - Luiz, Holding - Mari, Luiz - Gabriel, Holding - Gabriel etc., the pattern is the same and it's working. At a time we thought it was Gabriel, then no it was Mari, now it's Holding or Luiz who have improved, but it's none of these. It's the Arteta defensive approach. Unless you see it this way, you won't stop deceiving yourself.
Hmmm... I'm surprised this is coming from you sha. Cos I know at first you were one of those against the "individuals".

This was my response months ago to blueray concerning my thoughts on our defence

Jodera:
no they won't. Tierney will replace kola and sokratis is never a 1st team player under Arteta.

Emery made them clowns. From next season, the only person I might be afraid of been a clown in starting 11 is luiz, but then it comes occasionally.
Luiz, Mari, Saliba, holding, chambers.
I believe they'll all do a decent work.

But you see that midfield and attack, I'm afraid esp if auba isn't spectacular as this season

Why did I bring this up? Cos I know most of you against the defence was due to personnel problems. In fact I listed that our defence can be resolved and improved on, carefully omitting mustafi and sokratis(like I said, Gabriel haven't been bought yet) and I said those CBs for now can hold us if improved upon technically. Most of you disagreed, even afrodoc says he won't see himself picking any of those clowns if given for free(he's still entitled to that sha, cos I believe everyone have their preference). The organization you're talking of is what I've been preaching since. Maybe, just maybe I wasn't able to pass the message across effectively.

Nb: I'm not against signing of Gabriel. Maybe I sounded like I was before, but I retract that presently if it seems I was against signing of Gabriel in this squad.

But the point I just want to pass is that our defence is not that bad the way it was painted before, it was Emery that just made it look very very very worse than usual.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:17pm On Feb 01, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Well, we condemned mustafi for being trashy, we complained about holding for not stepping up his game and Luiz for being too error prone. If that is interpreted as condemning the entire defence, then that's fine; you did exactly the same by condemning Xhaka and entire midfield by saying we can't win with a Xhaka midfield ( the contrary has happened this year)

I think like a true fan we should be focusing on the team playing fairly well now instead of trying to drag dead issues out of the grave.

Be rest assured that if we all want to drag each other for statements we made at the time the team was down, there's enough of it to go round . Everybody record dey this thread, it oy takes little effort to pull it out
true talk!!...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 1:32pm On Feb 01, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Be rest assured that if we all want to drag each other for statements we made at the time the team was down, there's enough of it to go round . Everybody record dey this thread, it only takes little effort to pull it out
We have always maintain the fact midfield was the reason our defence was trashy using xhaka as example
You condemned the whole defence and still want more defenders even when he explained VVD and koulibally will become clueless till our midfield get sorted out, now we have partey and ESR helping out xhaka you wan turn amala grin
It's all good

Quick question
Do you still want more defenders?
Well I still want us to sell xhaka and get bisouma
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 1:44pm On Feb 01, 2021
Jodera:

Hmmm... I'm surprised this is coming from you sha. Cos I know at first you were one of those against the "individuals".

This was my response months ago to blueray concerning my thoughts on our defence

Why did I bring this up? Cos I know most of you against the defence was due to personnel problems. In fact I listed that our defence can be resolved and improved on, carefully omitting mustafi and sokratis(like I said, Gabriel haven't been bought yet) and I said those CBs for now can hold us if improved upon technically. Most of you disagreed, even afrodoc says he won't see himself picking any of those clowns if given for free(he's still entitled to that sha, cos I believe everyone have their preference). The organization you're talking of is what I've been preaching since. Maybe, just maybe I wasn't able to pass the message across effectively.

Nb: I'm not against signing of Gabriel. Maybe I sounded like I was before, but I retract that presently if it seems I was against signing of Gabriel in this squad.

But the point I just want to pass is that our defence is not that bad the way it was painted before, it was Emery that just made it look very very very worse than usual.
That's it
We ain't that bad na

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:48pm On Feb 01, 2021
sod09:

We have always maintain the fact midfield was the reason our defence was trashy using xhaka as example
You condemned the whole defence and still want more defenders even when he explained VVD and koulibally will become clueless till our midfield get sorted out, now we have partey and ESR helping out xhaka you wan turn amala grin
It's all good

Quick question
Lol... Where you wan drag blueray go?? grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:00pm On Feb 01, 2021
sod09:

It's all good

Quick question

Well since u want us to go down the road of revisonism, then let's have it.

1. As at the end of last season we had a trashy CB in mustafi ( this is not even arguable, Mustafi has been trash from the days of John the Baptist). I have attached an article that talks about the uselessness of Mustafi that u have always defended in full details o grin. Then we had Papasthapopulous who wasn't better....then Luiz who has earned himself the title of a clown and Chambers on sick bed. We signed Pablo Mari on loan but he was signed injured.

Arteta took a very reasonable decision bringing in Gabriel at that time and I will continue to stand by it. Arteta being a defensive minded coach brought in a good defender that didn't disappoint him even when the rest of the team was faltering.

2. As regards Ur question, the coach has solved the defensive issues in the CB to an extent. I would be unreasonable calling for more defenders when Pablo Mari has shown his quality after returning from injury, Rob holding has stepped up his game, David Luiz is being less of a clown nowadays and Gabriel is still the quality but Arteta was right about.

3. So to acknowledge Xhaka has been in good form hard u like this shocked I didn't watch the man utd match but from what I was told Xhaka was head and heels above Partey on that day and from his recent matches this Ur story of ESR and Partey helping him out holds no water Jàre.

Let's just maintain the same energy we use in criticize players when they play rubbish and praise them when they are doing well too. Haba!

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:11pm On Feb 01, 2021
Mustafi continued

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 2:30pm On Feb 01, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Well since u want us to go down the road of revisonism, then let's have it.

1. As at the end of last season we had a trashy CB in mustafi ( this is not even arguable, Mustafi has been trash from the days of John the Baptist). I have attached an article that talks about the uselessness of Mustafi that u have always defended in full details o grin. Then we had Papasthapopulous who wasn't better....then Luiz who has earned himself the title of a clown and Chambers on sick bed. We signed Pablo Mari on loan but he was signed injured.

Arteta took a very reasonable decision bringing in Gabriel at that time and I will continue to stand by it. Arteta being a defensive minded coach brought in a good defender that didn't disappoint him even when the rest of the team was faltering.

2. As regards Ur question, the coach has solved the defensive issues in the CB to an extent. I would be unreasonable calling for more defenders when Pablo Mari has shown his quality after returning from injury, Rob holding has stepped up his game, David Luiz is being less of a clown nowadays and Gabriel is still the quality but Arteta was right about.

3. So to acknowledge Xhaka has been in good form hard u like this shocked I didn't watch the man utd match but from what I was told Xhaka was head and heels above Partey on that day and from his recent matches this Ur story of ESR and Partey helping him out holds no water Jàre.

Let's just maintain the same energy we use in criticize players when they play rubbish and praise them when they are doing well too. Haba!
Mustafi hardly play na
I know that's the player you will hand pick, have you forgotten how you condemned the entire defence line, if we bring up stats of errors leading to goal last season mustafi is not in top 5 in EPL, if we bring out mustafi v VVD last season they are almost on par with CS playing a major difference.
I ask again do you still want more defenders to partner Gabriel??
Btw I have been praising xhaka but I still want him out

(1) (2) (3) ... (2131) (2132) (2133) (2134) (2135) (2136) (2137) ... (3592) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.