Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,794 members, 7,905,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:19 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2402362 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2145) (2146) (2147) (2148) (2149) (2150) (2151) ... (3581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:43pm On Feb 06, 2021
Fkhalifa:

But looking at the table, 7th shouldn't be a huge task, now even out of the cup competition...

I also said that trusting ESR,SAka,Martinelli should be eased in..

Auba just dey collect money, somebody even said no wonder he went to depression over the past few weeks cheesy

Even Partey I heard is just here for the money, him moral don drop...

Your tiredness no reach my own
Check other teams they have 1-2 outstanding games
We just they play and lose
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:44pm On Feb 06, 2021
sod09:

Martinez na my guy oo
I just they celebrate as he pepper us, you already know my stand between him and our number 1. I feel comfortable and confident with him behind the stick although have started to feel the same with Leno but if I am to pick Martinez any day
He got the double over us wink
Me too. I prefer Martinez but he's gone.

So he's no longer my guy again. He seems to even carry arsenal for mind sef grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:45pm On Feb 06, 2021
kokanepyramid:

This question Na WAEC angry

For me it’s more of personnel than manager, and flushing half of the squad is not feasible at least knowing the club u support.

We need to fine tune our midfield up to attack.
We don’t see those movements on and off the ball like we used to during Wenger particularly in build up to a goal. Accurate passes in tight spaces, quick interchange, lightning fast 1-2 passes in the opponent’s 18-yard box etc.
reason I was of the opinion of recruiting heavily on midfield and attack as it would even shield out defence ish. As u can see today’s game and many other games this season we’ve been let down more by our inability to score goals and open up tight defenses.

My 2 kobo.

Willian has no business in the squad
Elneny-out
Xhaka-out/squad player at best
Pepe-squad player
We need 2 fast wingers, one for each sides of the attack that can dribble as well.
an AM can’t be overemphasized

Wow!

I love and agree with the bolded a lot and that's been my opinion too.

The first paragraph too is why I do say I miss the Fab/Hleb/Nasri/Rosciky football, with those personnel, you're always hopeful goals will come.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:49pm On Feb 06, 2021
sod09:

We should sell both auba and lacazette
Find young striker ole Watkins is becoming another Jota in the making, look for young midfielders and AM
Personally, I don tire for the duo, reason why I wanted Jota and Inaki Williams, Some fans fear taking that risk, forgetting Liverpool made money from Suarez and Countinho to reinvest in Sallah and Mane.

I don't know why Arsenal missed out on Nabi Fekir
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:51pm On Feb 06, 2021
Jodera:
Facts!!. No more, No less.

I wanted to say something, but you've captured almost all my thoughts.

Out

Willian
Elneny
Lacazzette
Bellerin (if possible)

Squad players
Xhaka
Pepe
Auba(shuttling between starting and subbing)

In

Am(knows how to shoot, dribble and pass)

Two quick, scoring wingers

Striker that's good at holdup play and can make runs across the channel too

A good MF to partner Partey

A Good right back (bellerin is turning scrap)
Exactly, hot firing front 4 will take you far as against buying defenders over and over. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:51pm On Feb 06, 2021
Fkhalifa:

Wow!

I love and agree with the bolded a lot and that's been my opinion too.

The first paragraph too is why I do say I miss the Fab/Hleb/Nasri/Rosciky football, with those personnel, you're always hopeful goals will come.
This was what we hope for before season start until we got a defender and a midfielder and leave out the most important place in AM.
Now ESR is tired the lad tried his best he was able to wriggle his way into the box but his shot was blocked
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:53pm On Feb 06, 2021
Fkhalifa:

Personally, I don tire for the duo, reason why I wanted Jota and Inaki Williams, Some fans fear taking that risk, forgetting Liverpool made money from Suarez and Countinho to reinvest in Sallah and Mane.

I don't know why Arsenal missed out on Nabi Fekir
I am looking at isak too, tall and energetic
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:58pm On Feb 06, 2021
Fkhalifa:

Exactly, hot firing front 4 will take you far as against buying defenders over and over. cheesy
yeah... We need very good front 4.
ESR is really trying tho, but I think fatigue is setting in
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:59pm On Feb 06, 2021
sod09:

This was what we hope for before season start until we got a defender and a midfielder and leave out the most important place in AM.
Now ESR is tired the lad tried his best he was able to wriggle his way into the box but his shot was blocked
omo, how Tyrone Mings block that shot shock me.

I don dey anticipate net shaking
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:00pm On Feb 06, 2021
[quote author=Jodera post=98808541][/quote]
Martinez go catch am grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:01pm On Feb 06, 2021
sod09:

Martinez go catch am grin grin
make I hear grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:01pm On Feb 06, 2021
kokanepyramid:

We’ve lost to them in our last 3 meetings.

Remember we played them before the final match of last season and lost. In fact we helped them escape relegation last season

It’s a big shame how bad our level of competition has dropped to. We were poor in creating anything tangible in the final third. Looked lazy in front of goal or situations that looked dangerous.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:02pm On Feb 06, 2021
Jodera:
make I hear grin
The guy mean arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:04pm On Feb 06, 2021
sod09:

The guy mean arsenal
If not for Mings block, e for dey like pk. And Martinez no dey catch pk
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by SyIvalord: 6:16pm On Feb 06, 2021
afrodoc2:

When I read that thing I laff taya.

Person wey dey give medals for trolling why e no go dey do seeding for trolling.

E no go shock me say Sodiq go don form trolling league table for inside him head.

Frustration na bast.ard.
Sod09 is acting like a proud 8 year old who is choosing friends to play police and thief or wrestling with.

Don’t troll me, I don’t troll you. I know people i troll and let troll me. Na gang or confraternity? grin

It’s almost like toddlers crying anytime a stranger carries them. Like, “drop me down, you are not my mummy or stop trolling me, you are not gang”. grin

Frustration restored my guy’s brain to toddler settings.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:24pm On Feb 06, 2021
Lmao this one still crave attention grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 06, 2021
Roland17:

It’s a big shame how bad our level of competition has dropped to. We were poor in creating anything tangible in the final third. Looked lazy in front of goal or situations that looked dangerous.
We need to revamp our attack system, we are just too direct, no trickery, no surprise moments, no fluid moves, stringing like 10 passes in the opponent’s 18-yard box to split them open characterized by the Wenger days. I tire for the team.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 06, 2021
Gone are those days Arsenal will score a goal and you’ll want to watch the replay over and over.
These days Na make ball sha enter anyhow anyhow
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:40pm On Feb 06, 2021
kokanepyramid:
Gone are those days Arsenal will score a goal and you’ll want to watch the replay over and over.
I they go YouTube go watch old clips embarassed embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 06, 2021
sod09:

I they go YouTube go watch old clips embarassed embarassed
The week after weekend games I will be watching Bit size highlights on Arsenal website till next match day.

That Ozil’s UCL goal against Ludogorets that one Na almost 1 month I use rewatch am.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:47pm On Feb 06, 2021
kokanepyramid:

The week after weekend games I will be watching Bit size highlights on Arsenal website till next match day.

That Ozil’s UCL goal against Ludogorets that one Na almost 1 month I use rewatch am.
The goal that made scummies legend described football as an art
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by afrodoc2: 7:11pm On Feb 06, 2021
SyIvalord:
Sod09 is acting like a proud 8 year old who is choosing friends to play police and thief or wrestling with.

Don’t troll me, I don’t troll you. I know people i troll and let troll me. Na gang or confraternity? grin

It’s almost like toddlers crying anytime a stranger carries them. Like, “drop me down, you are not my mummy or stop trolling me, you are not gang”. grin

Frustration restored my guy’s brain to toddler settings.

I can’t blame him. The guy said he is tired.

The frustration is real and the tears are juicy. Very juicy.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by SyIvalord: 7:14pm On Feb 06, 2021
afrodoc2:

I can’t blame him. The guy said he is tired.

The frustration is real and the tears are juicy. Very juicy.
grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkforyou(m): 8:05pm On Feb 06, 2021
To me, I feel we lost this match in our head before we even stepped into the field. This is partly due to our experience with them earlier in the season.

We were scared to go all out on them so that we won’t be caught unawares just like the other time.

We had possession for most part of the game, but we were to cautious to make any move except for Saka.

Arteta should have instilled the needed confidence in them during the half time team talk, and just maybe it could have made the difference, because it was an early goal that could have been equalized on a normal day.

So like I said, we lost this game partly due to lack of confidence and managerial inexperience.

I say managerial inexperience because, it’s part of his job to boost players confidence and some of his actions were counter productive.

For example, whether you like Xhaka or not, he is the leader of the team, Aubemayang and Bellerin are not. The next is Tierney and then Saka. These guys will keep fighting till the end. But then, you are losing and you go ahead and introduce people like Aubemayang who is lacking match confidence and willian who is not effective.

The Aubemayang I watch in training is quite different from the one that plays in match games, maybe because people questioned his ability during his dry spell. I think he should start our next game along with Lacazzette, maybe their bromance can ignite a spark in him.

In summary, we lost this match due to lack of confidence, managerial inexperience and lack of enough leaders in the team.
I miss tierney already and Martinelli should have come on instead of Willian.
I also think Matt Ryan wasn’t that bad today same as Odegaard. I will like him to start, while Smith Rowe is rested.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:26pm On Feb 06, 2021
kokanepyramid:

We need to revamp our attack system, we are just too direct, no trickery, no surprise moments, no fluid moves, stringing like 10 passes in the opponent’s 18-yard box to split them open characterized by the Wenger days. I tire for the team.

I absolutely agree with your thoughts about our lack of fluidity when we attack. This is something I have been complaining about even before Arteta and it seems to have worsened and it has everything to do with tactics.

For me, it is worse with our CF positions. Lacazette/ Auba/ Nketiah lack movement, they are so predictable with their runs, that is if they make any.
Saka is about the only player with some movement.. Pepe’s biggest strength is also his biggest weakness.. Anyday he decides to make it simple and make quicker decisions.. he would become unstoppable.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:43pm On Feb 06, 2021
Roland17:

I absolutely agree with your thoughts about our lack of fluidity when we attack. This is something I have been complaining about even before Arteta and it seems to have worsened and it has everything to do with tactics.

For me, it is worse with our CF positions. Lacazette/ Auba/ Nketiah lack movement, they are so predictable with their runs, that is if they make any.
Saka is about the only player with some movement.. Pepe’s biggest strength is also his biggest weakness.. Anyday he decides to make it simple and make quicker decisions.. he would become unstoppable.
Have you noticed bellerin pull out doesn't reach our CF, it's actually not his fault because they lack positioning.
Only Tierney manage to find his CF because he wait for them
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:52pm On Feb 06, 2021
Mike Dean just confirm why these useless referees won't still make WC, awon werey grin

https://twitter.com/DieforUTD/status/1358144748549242881?s=09
Mike Dean is a clown

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 10:09pm On Feb 06, 2021
sod09:

Have you noticed bellerin pull out doesn't reach our CF, it's actually not his fault because they lack positioning.
Only Tierney manage to find his CF because he wait for them

Bellerin lacks ball technique and it affects the team going forward. I can’t count the number of times Bellerin was in space or with the ball but his delivery of decision with the ball did not create anything tangible. To be fair to him, injuries have set him back but truth is he has reached his ceiling and may not offer anything better than he is already doing.
I was clear about moving on from him last season. I thought we should have gone for Max Aaron who I had scouted closely while he was in the PL and I still keep up with in the Championship.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 11:01pm On Feb 06, 2021
William Saliba has been nominated Player of the Month for OG Nice. He has had a consistent run over the last two-three games. I hope he continues to improve and get a shot at the first team next season with Arsenal.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 1:59am On Feb 07, 2021
kokanepyramid:
i watched Arsenal's road to the UCL final of 2006. i felt bad watching it as each min passed.

the gap in talent and technical ability is way too large.

i noticed the penetrative power around the middle of the opponents'(Ajax, Juve, Madrid, Villareal) box 18.

And then solo decision making by whoever was lucky to be in the box at the time of an attacking attempt.

Arsenal is now a middle table team in the EPL. no one should be sentimental and argue this.

ManCity+ManU+Liverpool=Arsenal
2+4+4=10

Number of Losses after GW23!!

Hope dey, but not the bright kind. Lol

meanwhile, this pic is epic. the GK at the back celebrating....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:10am On Feb 07, 2021
daveP:
i watched Arsenal's road to the UCL final of 2006. i felt bad watching it as each min passed.

the gap in talent and technical ability is way too large.

i noticed the penetrative power around the middle of the opponents'(Ajax, Juve, Madrid, Villareal) box 18.

And then solo decision making by whoever was lucky to be in the box at the time of an attacking attempt.

Arsenal is now a middle table team in the EPL. no one should be sentimental and argue this.

ManCity+ManU+Liverpool=Arsenal
2+4+4=10

Number of Losses after GW23!!

Hope dey, but not the bright kind. Lol

meanwhile, this pic is epic. the GK at the back celebrating....

Magical nights at Highbury!
Henry was unplayable and absolutely classy player. He scored some of the best goals I have ever seen and understood how to command the ball with his shot technique.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:19am On Feb 07, 2021
Jodera:
Till 11pm sha

KingAlabi, can you tell me the scores grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2145) (2146) (2147) (2148) (2149) (2150) (2151) ... (3581) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: chrisley024(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.