Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,793 members, 7,905,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:14 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2402353 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2146) (2147) (2148) (2149) (2150) (2151) (2152) ... (3581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:09am On Feb 07, 2021
daveP:
i watched Arsenal's road to the UCL final of 2006. i felt bad watching it as each min passed.

the gap in talent and technical ability is way too large.

i noticed the penetrative power around the middle of the opponents'(Ajax, Juve, Madrid, Villareal) box 18.

And then solo decision making by whoever was lucky to be in the box at the time of an attacking attempt.

Arsenal is now a middle table team in the EPL. no one should be sentimental and argue this.

ManCity+ManU+Liverpool=Arsenal
2+4+4=10

Number of Losses after GW23!!

Hope dey, but not the bright kind. Lol

meanwhile, this pic is epic. the GK at the back celebrating....

The pleasure I got those days supersedes our today's trophies.

Those were the moments!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 07, 2021
daveP:
i watched Arsenal's road to the UCL final of 2006. i felt bad watching it as each min passed.

the gap in talent and technical ability is way too large.

i noticed the penetrative power around the middle of the opponents'(Ajax, Juve, Madrid, Villareal) box 18.

And then solo decision making by whoever was lucky to be in the box at the time of an attacking attempt.

Arsenal is now a middle table team in the EPL. no one should be sentimental and argue this.

ManCity+ManU+Liverpool=Arsenal
2+4+4=10

Number of Losses after GW23!!

Hope dey, but not the bright kind. Lol

meanwhile, this pic is epic. the GK at the back celebrating....
Most of our current players are just mentally lazy. It’s all about the money and Instagram now.

to be honest, It’s the case with the current footballers at large. Irrespective of club.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 3:01pm On Feb 07, 2021
873 days left for Willian contract to expire, brace up guys cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:18pm On Feb 07, 2021
Roland17:
William Saliba has been nominated Player of the Month for OG Nice. He has had a consistent run over the last two-three games. I hope he continues to improve and get a shot at the first team next season with Arsenal.
He is not coming back unless he is forced. His recent interview was so emotional. He claimed he was unhappy the way he was treated at arsenal. I will like to see him here but make we comot mind.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:23pm On Feb 07, 2021
......The loss yesterday was solely on Arteta. Pepe and Saka were combining well on the left wing before he decided to bring in Willian. Auba as a CF na minus.

......I think ATM scammed us big time... make we forget about Partey and find new Midfielder. Dude had been poor lately.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 07, 2021
mostob:
......The loss yesterday was solely on Arteta. Pepe and Saka were combining well on the left wing before he decided to bring in Willian. Auba as a CF na minus.

......I think ATM scammed us big time... make we forget about Partey and find new Midfielder. Dude had been poor lately.

This Partey verdict is rather too soon, but if it’s true “owo jona”
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 4:55pm On Feb 07, 2021
mostob:

Jury's still out on Partey let's give him this season plus Arsenal medical team is nothing to write home about conspiracy the way our players both old nd current are always treated in the same spot.

Arsenal problem is deeply no department is free imagine Martinelli also having same injury at same spot...

Those scouts are receiving haram money cause they are not doing anything spectacular to earn such amount.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:57pm On Feb 07, 2021
kokanepyramid:

This Partey verdict is rather too soon, but if it’s true “owo jona”
I agree it is too soon. ..let's be observing.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:03pm On Feb 07, 2021
Akinbahm:

Jury's still out on Partey let's give him this season plus Arsenal medical team is nothing to write home about conspiracy the way our players both old nd current are always treated in the same spot.

Arsenal problem is deeply no department is free imagine Martinelli also having same injury at same spot...

Those scouts are receiving haram money cause they are not doing anything spectacular to earn such amount.
Maybe I'm too hasty about Partey.
You're spot on about our medical team. I read it that Martinelli (before his last injury) made a complaint but they told him to rest that it is nothing when a scan or test could have been conducted... imagine
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:27pm On Feb 07, 2021
mostob:

Partey I fear will be demotivated, see the difference in Quality between ATL and Arsenal, to even imagine They are potential Laliga champions..

Partey may just take solace in the huge pay, playing English football and sweet london life..
since he didn't get much in Spain.

Arsenal need morale boosting management.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:57pm On Feb 07, 2021
mostob:
He is not coming back unless he is forced. His recent interview was so emotional. He claimed he was unhappy the way he was treated at arsenal. I will like to see him here but make we comot mind.

I saw that interview and it really bothered me because he was quite honest about his feelings. We did not manage Saliba’s situation well at all and that is the brutal truth.
I was very vocal about how Arteta failed to communicate the plan for the kid and this left everyone confused. I mean the kid was rotting in bench while Chambers/ Mari came back from their respective injuries and played several games.. that would hurt anyone na. He was sent to the U-23 and for those of us that watched him, the consensus was he was way ahead of the U-23 team.
Arteta can take a weekend off or send one of his assistants to watch Saliba and keep tabs with him. I am not even sure Arteta or his team are communicating with him now that he is on loan. We have a lot of French ex-players that are club ambassadors, use them!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:59pm On Feb 07, 2021
Fkhalifa:

Partey I fear will be demotivated, see the difference in Quality between ATL and Arsenal, to even imagine They are potential Laliga champions..

Partey may just take solace in the huge pay, playing English football and sweet london life..
since he didn't get much in Spain.

Arsenal need morale boosting management.

You have a point but I still think it is a matter of what a player can offer a team, what difference can a player make on the field. To say he is becoming demotivated, I beg to disagree. Our midfield was in shamble before we bought him but now he keeps misplacing passes. There were some moments during our last three matches where a simple pass is required but he held on to the ball and lose it to the opponent.
Like somebody said, the jury is still out on him
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:02pm On Feb 07, 2021
Roland17:

I saw that interview and it really bothered me because he was quite honest about his feelings. We did not manage Saliba’s situation well at all and that is the brutal truth.
I was very vocal about how Arteta failed to communicate the plan for the kid and this left everyone confused. I mean the kid was rotting in bench while Chambers/ Mari came back from their respective injuries and played several games.. that would hurt anyone na. He was sent to the U-23 and for those of us that watched him, the consensus was he was way ahead of the U-23 team.
Arteta can take a weekend off or send one of his assistants to watch Saliba and keep tabs with him. I am not even sure Arteta or his team are communicating with him now that he is on loan. We have a lot of French ex-players that are club ambassadors, use them!!
You said it all. I will like to see him back at arsenal but whatever decision he takes at the end of the season, I will support him. Arsenal really treated him badly and I wouldn't blame him if he is not back here.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:52pm On Feb 07, 2021
Diaz gets a Yellow Card and PK for the stopping an obvious scoring opportunity but somehow we suffer double jeopardy when it was our turn! These officials can’t even hide their shame anymore..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:28pm On Feb 07, 2021
If you need match fixing, Allison got you covered grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:37pm On Feb 07, 2021
Roland17:
Diaz gets a Yellow Card and PK for the stopping an obvious scoring opportunity but somehow we suffer double jeopardy when it was our turn! These officials can’t even hide their shame anymore..
It's so obvious they can't even return the favour

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:50pm On Feb 07, 2021
^^^^^ ^^^^^ ^^^°

Like it's so so so bad...
I no just know the kind agenda wey dem get against us.

We go dey struggle with form still deh struggle with officialz...

Na wa oo
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 8:05pm On Feb 07, 2021
Fkhalifah, what happened in Anfield today it seems you people need restructuring?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:16pm On Feb 07, 2021
Akinbahm:
Fkhalifah, what happened in Anfield today it seems you people need restructuring?
Overhaul cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:18pm On Feb 07, 2021
kokanepyramid:

Most of our current players are just mentally lazy. It’s all about the money and Instagram now.

to be honest, It’s the case with the current footballers at large. Irrespective of club.
Aside that, I think the qualities of players have reduced drastically among the football world.

In those days, I can look at different teams I envy opponent players, but now, it's hard.
Most players are mostly mechanical (or in my words "controlled" ), instead of innovative. And I think this is due to the system most coaches employ.

That's why to me, games of 10yrs ago and below are more interesting than games now. It's not just arsenal, it's happening in most clubs.

Check top clubs too, hardly you see 5-6 exciting players in top teams
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 8:44pm On Feb 07, 2021
sod09:

Overhaul cheesy cheesy

Issokay...

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 8:49pm On Feb 07, 2021
Jodera:
Aside that, I think the qualities of players have reduced drastically among the football world.

In those days, I can look at different teams I envy opponent players, but now, it's hard.
Most players are mostly mechanical (or in my words "controlled" ), instead of innovative. And I think this is due to the system most coaches employ.

That's why to me, games of 10yrs ago and below are more interesting than games now. It's not just arsenal, it's happening in most clubs.

Check top clubs too, hardly you see 5-6 exciting players in top teams

Politics has delved into football deeply which has affected the rhythm of football.

Nobody is interested in the quality of players you possessed and/or your playing pattern result has taken over irrespective of ow u achieved it.

That's why the likes of Lewandowski, Ronaldo, Messi and co are still reigning. Neymar, KDB, Mbappe, Hazard and co we expected to take over from the former are only playing for the money nd for business.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 07, 2021
Akinbahm:
Where will he run to now, may be City cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 8:57pm On Feb 07, 2021
kokanepyramid:

He is not a fan of Pep I doubt he will go there prolly Atlanta or Lille cause those duos are also playing high intensity football.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:07pm On Feb 07, 2021
kokanepyramid:

Na me be city
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:27pm On Feb 07, 2021
Akinbahm:

America sef get problem cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:23am On Feb 08, 2021
Fkhalifa:

America sef get problem cheesy
Liverpool is the definition of wasted talent
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 08, 2021
Finally back from ban since last year December, I think I need to stay off Politics and Romance sections.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 2:41pm On Feb 08, 2021
kokaneprodigy:
Finally back from ban since last year December, I think I need to stay off Politics and Romance sections.
I can relate grin
You see I'm born again
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 2:50pm On Feb 08, 2021
Spy360:

Liverpool is the definition of wasted talent
Law of diminishing return I guess, Liverpool peaked over past 3 years using almost same first Eleven, they achieved everything in club football, I feel its normal fatigue and low energy to happen.

Notice it was Jota Carrying the team earlier in the season, they needed fresh ideas coming into this season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:47am On Feb 09, 2021
Fkhalifa:

Law of diminishing return I guess, Liverpool peaked over past 3 years using almost same first Eleven, they achieved everything in club football, I feel its normal fatigue and low energy to happen.

Notice it was Jota Carrying the team earlier in the season, they needed fresh ideas coming into this season.
We can't rule out the effects of injuries too
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:06am On Feb 09, 2021
Arsenal vs Benfica to be played on neutral ground (in Rome) both legs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2146) (2147) (2148) (2149) (2150) (2151) (2152) ... (3581) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Ijustwantto and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.