Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,414 members, 7,901,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:33 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2405) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2398158 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2402) (2403) (2404) (2405) (2406) (2407) (2408) ... (3578) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:49am On Nov 26, 2021
Spy360:

When you play in Ajax you are only a part of a whole. They play as a whole and so can be very difficult to beat.
Any player will look good in that Ajax set up. In fact, many players who looked good at Ajax came out to realise they still needed a little more learning. In recent years- De Ligt, VdB, Ziyech, de Jong etc.

This has been their tradition. How do you think they can sell all their stars and still compete favourably the following season using fresh legs?

Succinctly put. Those guys still have lots to learn truly. But i like the idea that they don't need over talented players to fit the system. That's why i really hail Ten Hag. Na better manager. Can use what's at his disposal to get max results
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:42pm On Nov 26, 2021
daveP:
I'll agree once a Nigerian forward is back in reckoning in UCL limelights. That's my angle anyways. I can't wait though.
Do you rate players as such?

Paterson Daka is a better forward than Haller.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:49pm On Nov 26, 2021
daveP:

Succinctly put. Those guys still have lots to learn truly. But i like the idea that they don't need over talented players to fit the system. That's why i really hail Ten Hag. Na better manager. Can use what's at his disposal to get max results
Ten Hag is a good manager. But it actually stems from the club's traditions. They play that way. They have been playing that way since I can remember their history. All their youth teams play that way. In fact players start learning the pattern from age 6. It's in their blood.

So while we accept he is a good manager. He only just has a perfect understanding of the Ajax system. He will have to implement that system wherever he goes or he will burn. That's why great former Ajax managers that go elsewhere always look to sign players from Ajax or their ex players. A Barca coach once signed all former Ajax players into his first eleven. What's that his name self?...

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:53pm On Nov 26, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Welbeck and sirnogoal will score 100 goals
Lol. Funny, but what you said is almost true. Sanogo will score 50goals and you will be begging for him.

We sometimes forget that Sanogo was once the hottest young prospect from France after the U21 championship. Sanogo, Pogba, Kondogbia, etc. #InsideLife
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:57pm On Nov 26, 2021
Akinbahm:

Do you mean same VdB of Manchester United?
Yeah bro...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:03pm On Nov 26, 2021
Spy360:

Lol. Funny, but what you said is almost true. Sanogo will score 50goals and you will be begging for him.

We sometimes forget that Sanogo was once the hottest young prospect from France after the U21 championship. Sanogo, Pogba, Kondogbia, etc. #InsideLife
Big fat lie sirnogoal won't score shít
Btw jodera said Haller wasn't good enough I told him West ham system doesn't give for no9 to excel I showed him links to back it up. He still disagree
Now he's excelling at Ajax you said the system is making him good can you give me link or fact to prove this cos I don't understand.
The system jodera disagree with is what you are trying to sell to me grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:16pm On Nov 26, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Big fat lie sirnogoal won't score shít
Btw jodera said Haller wasn't good enough I told him West ham system doesn't give for no9 to excel I showed him links to back it up. He still disagree
Now he's excelling at Ajax you said the system is making him good can you give me link or fact to prove this cos I don't understand.
The system jodera disagree with is what you are trying to sell to me grin
Nothing concern me with your argument with Jodera. Plus I did not say Haller is a bad striker. Ask daveP how this discussion started. He was comparing Haaland with Haller. I will choose Haaland with my eyes closed in over 10 random attempts. grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:20pm On Nov 26, 2021
Spy360:

Nothing concern me with your argument with Jodera. Plus I did not say Haller is a bad striker. Ask daveP how this discussion started. He was comparing Haaland with Haller. I will choose Haaland with my eyes closed in over 10 random attempts. grin
Why comparing Haller with haaland
Why not with isak, daka, lacazette, Werner, morata, martial

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Silentgroper(m): 1:42pm On Nov 26, 2021
Spy360:

I'll take Harland 10times with my eyes closed.

Haller is scoring because of Ajax system. Ajax has excellent chance creators. I wonder how they source their players and make them blend like juice.
Burnley's cornet would be more preferable 4 u guys if u knw what's best 4 arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:50pm On Nov 26, 2021
iamoyindamola:

You are wise...

I'll take Daka (with a pinch of salt though), Werner and Morata. The rest can rest. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:51pm On Nov 26, 2021
Silentgroper:
Burnley's cornet would be more preferable 4 u guys if u knw what's best 4 arsenal
Thanks, we have Balogun. undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:01pm On Nov 26, 2021
Newcastle have scored more goals than Arsenal this season. We are 5th and they are bottom.

They prioritised attack over defense.

cool

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:14pm On Nov 26, 2021
Spy360:

You are wise...

I'll take Daka (with a pinch of salt though), Werner and Morata. The rest can rest. grin
Daka that can't bench ihenacho or aging vardy grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:15pm On Nov 26, 2021
Spy360:
Newcastle have scored more goals than Arsenal this season. We are 5th and they are bottom.

cool

Midfield
Know this and have peace
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 2:20pm On Nov 26, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Did i? I was more about who will fit this current form of Arsenal. Thus Haller. Haaland will be starved of service the was auba and Laca are if he comes to this current setup.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:33pm On Nov 26, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Daka that can't bench ihenacho or aging vardy grin
You forget the salt?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:35pm On Nov 26, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Midfield
Know this and have peace
What's about midield? There's only attacking and defending. Nothing like 'midfielding' undecided

Midfielders are equally divided as either attacking or defending. So choose which one you dey.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:48pm On Nov 26, 2021
Spy360:

What's about midield? There's only attacking and defending. Nothing like 'midfielding' undecided

Midfielders are equally divided as either attacking or defending. So choose which one you dey.
Exactly
Attacking and defending
The same attacking and defending midfielder are the one pressing and releasing key passes for strikers
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:04pm On Nov 26, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Exactly
Attacking and defending
The same attacking and defending midfielder are the one pressing and releasing key passes for strikers
We signed an attacking midfielder last summer in Odegaard. Are you saying we should have signed a defensive midfielder?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:05pm On Nov 26, 2021
Spy360:

We signed an attacking midfielder last summer in Odegaard. Are you saying we should have signed a defensive midfielder?
Yes we were hoping bissouma will partner partey this season only for us to see awilo lonkonga

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:07pm On Nov 26, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Yes we were hoping bissouma will partner partey this season only for us to see awilo lonkonga
So you are also prioritising defense over attack because Bissouma is a DM. Then we are on the same page.

Bissouma-Partey would have taken us to like 4th now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:11pm On Nov 26, 2021
Spy360:

So you are also prioritising defense over attack because Bissouma is a DM. Then we are on the same page.

Bissouma-Partey would have taken us to like 4th now.
I give up if you think bissouma only attribute is defending
Bissouma ain't even a DM but a cm grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:21pm On Nov 26, 2021
iamoyindamola:

I give up if you think bissouma only attribute is defending
Bissouma ain't even a DM but a cm grin
Lol.

You keep finding the neutral spaces.

Even central midfielders are either CAM or CDM. Which one is Bissouma?

Don't give up yet, we are almost there. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:08pm On Nov 26, 2021
Spy360:

Lol.

You keep finding the neutral spaces.

Even central midfielders are either CAM or CDM. Which one is Bissouma?

Don't give up yet, we are almost there. grin
Bissouma... midfielder
Not a defender not an attacker
Keyword midfielder

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 5:07pm On Nov 26, 2021
Spy360:

Do you rate players as such?

Paterson Daka is a better forward than Haller.

Not that way. Nigerians in UCL has been on an all time low in 10yrs. Asin playing active roles every UCL night. Thus my stance.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:41pm On Nov 26, 2021
Spy360:

cool

una don start again abi??
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:37pm On Nov 27, 2021
Willock will be out for blood
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:39pm On Nov 27, 2021
Ordegaard replaces lacazette(a surprising decision tho). Same line up.

Hope we get the three needed points today oo

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:39pm On Nov 27, 2021
iamoyindamola:
Willock will be out for blood
Let him be out with flesh and blood, as long as we get the three points, no lele
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 12:47pm On Nov 27, 2021
Jodera:
Ordegaard replaces lacazette(a surprising decision tho). Same line up.

Hope we get the three needed points today oo
Not surprising to me though because Odegaard needs his confidence back and this bottom placed Newcastle is the right team to feature him while Lacazette can always come in like in the 60th minutes to have a say like he always do

Amen to your 3 points posture, prayer and position

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:58pm On Nov 27, 2021
Kbs468:

Not surprising to me though because Odegaard needs his confidence back and this bottom placed Newcastle is the right team to feature him while Lacazette can always come in like in the 60th minutes to have a say like he always do

Amen to your 3 points posture, prayer and position
Was odegaard lacking in confidence before? I don't think so, but yeah he needs starts especially as he isn't a bad player.
What do you think about tavarez/Tierney situation? Do you think it's cool as Tierney lost his spot even tho he's back to full fitness?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:04pm On Nov 27, 2021
Jodera:
Was odegaard lacking in confidence before? I don't think so, but yeah he needs starts especially as he isn't a bad player.
What do you think about tavarez/Tierney situation? Do you think it's cool as Tierney lost his spot even tho he's back to full fitness?
Arteta is using the same formation that served Wenger for years including the invincible year. Ødegaard will be our Bergkamp while Aubameyang will be Henry.

Also it's a good thing Tavares starts today so that his confidence doesn't drop after the Liverpool debacle, this will allow Tierney return against the more difficult Man United match.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2402) (2403) (2404) (2405) (2406) (2407) (2408) ... (3578) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.