Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,753 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:55 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2378213 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2404) (2405) (2406) (2407) (2408) (2409) (2410) ... (3564) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:14pm On Nov 27, 2021
I didn’t see the first half of the match but was able to watch the second half. Hoping to see more of Martinelli in future games ( especially the man utd match ) . His drive, speed and hunger is something we can make use of going forward .

Once again Gabriel was solid engaging in wrestling contest with Wilson over and over again. Tomiyasu and Tavarez were immense pushing the attack from their respective side of the pitch .

Saka seem to not only enjoy playing against Newcastle , he seem to enjoy dribbling their defenders and scoring nice goals against them too. Hoping his injury is light one.

There just a seem to be something odd about Lokonga’s passing game. His tackling is good but he just keeps misplacing passes for a CM . I sincerely hope he gets to work on that.

If these youngsters on the wings continue this fine form , it seems Pepe may not even play much role in our matches before the AFCON in January sef
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 4:14pm On Nov 27, 2021
Jodera:
Was odegaard lacking in confidence before? I don't think so, but yeah he needs starts especially as he isn't a bad player.
What do you think about tavarez/Tierney situation? Do you think it's cool as Tierney lost his spot even tho he's back to full fitness?
Tavares has come and is here to stay already except that he needs to stop his shooting at goal attempts because he has been awful in it

What is favouring him over Tierney at the moment is his attack mindedness as compared to Tierney who is always fond of giving back passes when we are countering in attack going forward
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 4:18pm On Nov 27, 2021
iamoyindamola:
Remove auba and put martinelli
Then ódegaard for lacazette
I think the changes today were good for me because Odegaard was really in the game today as against when he used to come on as a substitute for Lacazette
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:20pm On Nov 27, 2021
Kbs468:

I think the changes today were good for me because Odegaard was really in the game today as against when he used to come on as a substitute for Lacazette
He almost caused us
The first half shout was a PK same with the one they had before scoring the 2nd goal
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 4:23pm On Nov 27, 2021
daveP:
Tavares dey target Basketball net. Omo. What is this rubbish? grin

Auba takes 70% of the blame. Glad he knows this fully. Whoever is the trainer at Colney should specifically take Tavares and pls work on shooting practice for the guy abeg. Tierney is highly missed.

See Tomiyasu coming to do a job that is meant for Partey from his 2 position? That dispossession at the halfline when Newcastle were attacking. Smh. The middle is evidently sh-t with or without Arteta's System in place.

Plus any video analyst of an opposition will know that Arsenal lacks any threat from the LW angle. We don't even have one. Nelli should have started this game. I'm desperate and as such, they should get Alexis Sanchez back. sad Cos what's this rubbish.
ESR is the root cause of your observation please as he himself alongside Aubameyang have failed to replicate what Saka and Odegaard were doing on the right flank.

The same anonymous status of ESR against LIVERPOOL once again showed up for ESR except in the last 15 minutes when he began moving around away from his static play originally

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 4:28pm On Nov 27, 2021
iamoyindamola:

He almost caused us
The first half shout was a PK same with the one they had before scoring the 2nd goal
Forget it. Kudos to the Boys today except for Aubameyang and ESR that failed woefully indeed and in Truth absolutely as I can and I am ready to argue with anyone today about their contributions on the pitch today because they both lived on their past Glory today as their Passengers nature were too glaring to see and noticed by any vivid football fan not just Arsenal fans or we the Gunners
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:40pm On Nov 27, 2021
Kbs468:

Forget it. Kudos to the Boys today except for Aubameyang and ESR that failed woefully indeed and in Truth absolutely as I can and I am ready to argue with anyone today about their contributions on the pitch today because they both lived on their past Glory today as their Passengers nature were too glaring to see and noticed by any vivid football fan not just Arsenal fans or we the Gunners
I hope saka's injury is not much
Anything to keep Pepe on bench is okay sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 4:55pm On Nov 27, 2021
iamoyindamola Man United clash indeedpost=108010599:

I hope saka's injury is not much
Anything to keep Pepe on bench is okay sha
Yes hopefully because Saka still remains our Best chance creator any day anytime and I can't afford like every Gunner to see him Miss out of the Thursdays
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:02pm On Nov 27, 2021
Spy360:

Arteta is using the same formation that served Wenger for years including the invincible year. Ødegaard will be our Bergkamp while Aubameyang will be Henry.

Also it's a good thing Tavares starts today so that his confidence doesn't drop after the Liverpool debacle, this will allow Tierney return against the more difficult Man United match.
Your first paragraph, so we're going back to basics then? grin

I'm not even sure tavarez will see bench against man u. I think he's gotten the first team on lockdown for now

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:03pm On Nov 27, 2021
Kbs468:

Tavares has come and is here to stay already except that he needs to stop his shooting at goal attempts because he has been awful in it

What is favouring him over Tierney at the moment is his attack mindedness as compared to Tierney who is always fond of giving back passes when we are countering in attack going forward
Yeah I think you're spot on. That's the edge tavarez had over Tierney

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:04pm On Nov 27, 2021
Couldn't watch the match cos of an event I attended. Glad we got the 3 points.

Just saw that saka got an injury, I just hope he was substituted for precautionary measures and that it's not too serious. It won't be nice if saka is injured.

So glad that Martinelli got into the score sheet. I just hope his talent doesn't dim here.

Like I'm always saying Auba seems not to be the future.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:44pm On Nov 27, 2021
The love for this guy

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:04pm On Nov 27, 2021
Fly Emirates

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 27, 2021
Jodera:
Couldn't watch the match cos of an event I attended. Glad we got the 3 points.

Just saw that saka got an injury, I just hope he was substituted for precautionary measures and that it's not too serious. It won't be nice if saka is injured.

So glad that Martinelli got into the score sheet. I just hope his talent doesn't dim here.

Like I'm always saying Auba seems not to be the future.
How can you use a 32 year old striker and "future" in same sentence.
This is even setting aside the fact he is African and this could even be his football age.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:56pm On Nov 27, 2021
kokanepyramid:

This is even setting aside the fact he is African and this could even be his football age.
I was thinking we would get 2-3yrs from him, but as at now, I don't think so again.

And also, I don't think he has football age cos this guy was born and raised in France

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:25pm On Nov 27, 2021
kokanepyramid:

If Auba is older than 32 , then Saka is older than 20 too. Person wey dem born and raise in France with birth records u still dey y’all say he add age like ur naija brethren.

By January we should sign a striker that can take Auba’s place in certain matches .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 27, 2021
BlueRayDick:

If Auba is older than 32 , then Saka is older than 20 too. Person wey dem born and raise in France with birth records u still dey y’all say he add age like ur naija brethren.

By January we should sign a striker that can take Auba’s place in certain matches .
Reason I used "could" and whichever way a 32 year old striker shouldn't be considered as future.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:25pm On Nov 27, 2021
kokanepyramid:

Reason I used "could" and whichever way a 32 year old striker shouldn't be considered as future.

We should sign a striker in January. My fear is that the striker will most likely have his own flaw as well.

Since Henry left we’ve never really got a complete striker that was up to the task like he was. We’ve always signed strikers that have their own limitations. Auba for example is fast and a good goal scorer but once he’s not get fed with thru balls he’s useless , he can’t press like we see some other strikers of other teams do; Giroud could score with his head but can’t make a run with the ball at his feet and score goals. Lacazette can press , disturb defence and rugged things out but he’s not got figures to show as goal returns.

Until arsenal get a striker in the mound of dem Suarez that can do everything in front of goal we may keep asking for more strikers every transfer window
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 8:36pm On Nov 27, 2021
This is the time to build Martinelli as a CF.
He has it.
The issue here is to bring him about 20 mins left but change to accommodate a 2 striker in the setup. Until he matures to hold his own.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 8:49pm On Nov 27, 2021
Kbs468:

ESR is the root cause of your observation please as he himself alongside Aubameyang have failed to replicate what Saka and Odegaard were doing on the right flank.

The same anonymous status of ESR against LIVERPOOL once again showed up for ESR except in the last 15 minutes when he began moving around away from his static play originally

Quite true. You're right. Another near Ghostmode performance but he stepped up in the second though, while Partey and Lokonga continued bismal showing. Nelli needs more minutes.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 8:54pm On Nov 27, 2021
Even the Commentator always have something nice to say about Tomiyasu and awareness, something Bellerin lacks.

I will give both fbs a 6.8 for NT and 7.4 for TT. They both gave the assists for both goals.

Who was the last midfielder to give an assist in two games?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 8:56pm On Nov 27, 2021
Arteta can merely increase love from fans to him by giving Nelli more game time. That guy is too good to be benched. He's the kind of Attacker an Ozil easily loves passing to in the final third cos he'll find the net.

Surprisingly, Auba was given another two chances to redeem himself. He flopped on both. Smh
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:23pm On Nov 27, 2021
BlueRayDick:

We should sign a striker in January. My fear is that the striker will most likely have his own flaw as well.

Since Henry left we’ve never really got a complete striker that was up to the task like he was. We’ve always signed strikers that have their own limitations. Auba for example is fast and a good goal scorer but once he’s not get fed with thru balls he’s useless , he can’t press like we see some other strikers of other teams do; Giroud could score with his head but can’t make a run with the ball at his feet and score goals. Lacazette can press , disturb defence and rugged things out but he’s not got figures to show as goal returns.

Until arsenal get a striker in the mound of dem Suarez that can do everything in front of goal we may keep asking for more strikers every transfer window
Rvp was close to th14 just injuries and betrayal
As for auba, he's just lazy the team have tried for him
Like today, we dominated from start to finish and he's the player with least touches he doesn't make run for through passes or any sort of passes
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:52pm On Nov 27, 2021
Kudos to Arteta for not over-reacting after the Liverpool game to bench Tavares. It is obvious, Tavares is the 2.0 of what he wants from Tierney, especially from a attacking standpoint. I believe he trusts the backline to support Tavares on the defensive end which has not been too shabby. I thought we stayed in control of the game and transitioned the ball quickly.

I have said it from day 1 when Arsenal signed him that Martinelli is a CF. His instincts around the goal area is natural for a CF. He may be lacking in some areas, which I believe will develop if he gets more minutes but that man is built for that CF position. He looked in a haste and jittery sometimes but that is because he is anxious to impress and that happens with young players. I hope to see him get more minutes, especially in that CF position and in games Arteta chooses to play attacking football and not sit back.

As far as I can see, I will be shocked if Xhaka does not displace Lokonga once he returns from his injury. Lokonga struggles with passing when he is pressed and can be careless in possession. But again, I will not heap a lot of the blame on him because he should not be starting. He should be coming in as a sub or starting cup games so he can gain some confidence. He is going to come good, I believe and we have to be patient with him during this development. Once he cuts his mistakes and learns how to make quick short passes he will better.

As for Auba, for the longest time he has not had a good competition that kept him on his toes and this is the result. Also, we have played defensive football way too much that it neutralizes some of his strengths. Also, during those times, we were not creative but for a player of his experience and quality, he has been disappointing.

#COYG

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 6:57am On Nov 28, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Martinelli posses all the traits you listed out.

He is fast and a good goal scorer (head and feet)
And he can press like a mad man.

The only weakness is his body but that is because of his age, I think with time he will have a more bulky body, remember he is just 19 and he looks so big, imagine what constant gyming and training will do to his body in 3 years
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:05am On Nov 28, 2021
kodded:

The only weakness is his body but that is because of his age, I think with time he will have a more bulky body, remember he is just 19 and he looks so big, imagine what constant gyming and training will do to his body in 3 years

I’m talking about the club getting a proven striker to replace Auba who seem to have washed. I know how good Martinelli can be if his development continues without sufferenung any set back either thru injury or loss of form; but for now I won’t support him to replace Auba as our main 9. It will just be an experiment which we can’t afford now especially if we are hoping to be back in Europe next year.

Martinelli will have his time, but it’s not now. What we need is a very good striker to replace Auba and Martinelli understudying him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:26am On Nov 28, 2021
DCL or Toney
DCL is what to auba while Toney is to lacazette
I will take Toney ahead of dcl cos of work rate and he can finish at the same time
But DCL can be frustrating to watch especially when we are not in possession
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 3:29pm On Nov 28, 2021
Xhaka will cover Tavares easily once he's back. That way, Gabriel is more Central and that eases the need for Partey to not attack. I'm afraid the Fullbacks will get more assists this season than the Midfielders combined if they don't get their game together
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:57pm On Nov 28, 2021
iamoyindamola:
DCL or Toney
DCL is what to auba while Toney is to lacazette
I will take Toney ahead of dcl cos of work rate and he can finish at the same time
But DCL can be frustrating to watch especially when we are not in possession
If I am going to pick a striker from the PL that will consider it an upgrade to join us, it will be Olie Watkins.

Outside the PL, I'll take Nkunku or Adeyemi.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:59pm On Nov 28, 2021
kodded:

Martinelli needs to learn how to make runs and he can only do so from the LW position. He will need to spend some time there before he can transition to CF. I see him more as an inverted LW than CF.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:19pm On Nov 28, 2021
Spy360:

If I am going to pick a striker from the PL that will consider it an upgrade to join us, it will be Olie Watkins.

Outside the PL, I'll take Nkunku or Adeyemi.
nkunku na midfielder na
Center midfielder
Yes you are right Ollie Watkins is also good
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:50pm On Nov 28, 2021
Arteta has watched this Chelsea vs Man Utd game. He should not now goan overthink tactics come Thursday o. Auba should not start that match either.

Time to forget Auba till after AfCON IMO.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2404) (2405) (2406) (2407) (2408) (2409) (2410) ... (3564) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.