Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,165 members, 7,887,397 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:16 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2383846 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3310) (3311) (3312) (3313) (3314) (3315) (3316) ... (3569) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:44pm On Dec 29, 2023
Hausa:
I don't disagree at all.
But for the past Three years, I've objectively asked myself if these players can take me to where I desire to be.
The answer inside of me has always been a NO.

I don't like being a Kill Joy for these current squad, but I was bitter we didn't try to improve our attack during the summer.
People said we have Nelson, Viera and Nketiah.
That's when I knew we're not a serious Fan at all.
Oya suggest the attackers you would want arsenal to sign.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:13pm On Dec 29, 2023
Jodera:

Van Persie
Henry
Adebayor

(Please, strictly arsenal appearance only)
Which is good and which is average? I'll take Henry as good for Arsenal. Who should I take as very average?
Goals per games PL only

1. Henry 0.6
2. Aubameyang 0.56
3. Van Persie 0.47
4. Adebayor 0.43
5. Giroud 0.42
6. Lacazette 0.34

3 to 5 are in same category
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hausa(m): 5:46pm On Dec 29, 2023
mostob:
Oya suggest the attackers you would want arsenal to sign.
I'm not suggesting anything.
I don't do such things.
Let the Management go and do the suggestion themselves.
They have the base, finance and the lookout to do these things.

Some years ago I mentioned that if we want to be BIG, we need to look at what our BIG opponents are doing.
I saw Mane and Salah on the wings of Liverpool, and saw Sterling and Mahrez (and Bernado Silva) on the wings of City.
People felt I was being ridiculous.
Years later, they've gone on to win things and moved on.
We're still basking on the FaCup Aubameyang helped us win.

But I don't want to sound like a kill joy. We dey this thing together.

7 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:52pm On Dec 29, 2023
Spy360:

Let me add this. I think that Arteta's tactics of inverting fullbacks and having false 9s have been found out.

Na today your own morning break abi? For nearly 2 seasons I have complained about the predictability of Arteta's tactics and his tunnel vision style of coaching.

You are late to the party, talk another thing! angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hausa(m): 8:01pm On Dec 29, 2023
Roland17:

Na today your own morning break abi? For nearly 2 seasons I have complained about the predictability of Arteta's tactics and his tunnel vision style of coaching.

Our continuous progress this season will be determined on what Arteta does in January.
We need additions. Not just additions, but quality additions.

Without it, even if Partey, Timber, and Tomiyasu returns, we'll get blown apart in the ucl quarters.

As it stands, our only hope of a trophy is the FaCup.
And it's not even Guaranteed the way I'm seeing.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:33pm On Dec 29, 2023
Hausa:
I'm not suggesting anything.
I don't do such things.
Let the Management go and do the suggestion themselves.
They have the base, finance and the lookout to do these things.

Some years ago I mentioned that if we want to be BIG, we need to look at what our BIG opponents are doing.
I saw Mane and Salah on the wings of Liverpool, and saw Sterling and Mahrez (and Bernado Silva) on the wings of City.
People felt I was being ridiculous.
Years later, they've gone on to win things and moved on.
We're still basking on the FaCup Aubameyang helped us win.

But I don't want to sound like a kill joy. We dey this thing together.
If you can't suggest, why criticize the ones we have?
Salah was a journeyman until that famous Basel match. Mane started small at Southampton. Both clicked under Klopp. They were not ready-made neither did they fell from the sky.

Sterling at Liverpool was so wasteful and reckless. Until Leceister won that league, who knew Mahrez?

The players you mentioned above have once passed through the phase Saka and Martinelli (whom you're criticizing) are currently passing through but their coaches didn't ditch them because they're neither models nor are they following Kim Kardashian.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:49pm On Dec 29, 2023
Roland17:

I am not late. It worked up till few weeks ago that's why we are within the top of the league. If it was predictable 2 seasons ago, then why is it that the past two seasons are our best under Arteta? No hands
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:52pm On Dec 29, 2023
mostob:
I think it is the system. White is part of the '3' in our 3-2-5 formation. Overlapping means he would be exposing our defence to counterattack. I think that's why he is wary of bombing forward.
But White Overlaps more last season compared to this season. In fact, he was more daring.

Na why I even defend am last season

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2023
Spy360:

Which is good and which is average? I'll take Henry as good for Arsenal. Who should I take as very average?
Goals per games PL only

1. Henry 0.6
2. Aubameyang 0.56
3. Van Persie 0.47
4. Adebayor 0.43
5. Giroud 0.42
6. Lacazette 0.34

3 to 5 are in same category

Van Persie and Giroud in the same Category?
Someone that scored 30goals for us

Adebayor, the only season he played lone striker for us (without Igwe), he churned out 24 goals.

Why don't you drop their minutes per goal ratios for clearer understanding?

Everyone knows Laca was very very average for us
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:12pm On Dec 29, 2023
mostob:
Salah was a journeyman until that famous Basel match. Mane started small at Southampton. Both clicked under Klopp. They were not ready-made neither did they fell from the sky.

Sterling at Liverpool was so wasteful and reckless. Until Leceister won that league, who knew Mahrez?

The players you mentioned above have once passed through the phase Saka and Martinelli (whom you're criticizing) are currently passing through but their coaches didn't ditch them because they're neither models nor are they following Kim Kardashian.

When you see destructive criticism, it comes with that nature.

They'll tell someone to improve but can't pinpoint where the person will improve on

They'll a team they need to get better players but out of the pool of players worldwide, they can point one or two players to improve the team

Their own is just to critique and critique and critique all day long!!!

It's now he knows it's management that's paid the big bucks for that.

Those Kain people, I dey fear them for real life cos they only see mostly see flaws and never a positive. Always to pull down.

I just hope his online characteristics is different from his real life tho.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:16pm On Dec 29, 2023
Jodera:

When you see destructive criticism, it comes with that nature.

They'll tell someone to improve but can't pinpoint where the person will improve on

They'll a team they need to get better players but out of the pool of players worldwide, they can point one or two players to improve the team

Their own is just to critique and critique and critique all day long!!!

It's now he knows it's management that's paid the big bucks for that.

Those Kain people, I dey fear them for real life cos they only see mostly see flaws and never a positive. Always to pull down.

I just hope his online characteristics is different from his real life tho.
I tire o. You can't suggest yet you dey criticize.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:20pm On Dec 29, 2023
I just wan tell you guys say make una no shock if our first signing in January is a CB. Hato (Ajax), De Ligt (Bayern) and 'quarterback' (Dortmund) are the latest targets.

As for Toney, my source said his deal was concluded alongside Raya's last summer.

Osimhen still remains the only striker we are being linked to.

Jorginho, Partey, Nelson and ESR likely future departures.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:21pm On Dec 29, 2023
Jodera:

But White Overlaps more last season compared to this season. In fact, he was more daring.

Na why I even defend am last season
Maybe it's due to injury.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:26pm On Dec 29, 2023
mostob:
I tire o. You can't suggest yet you dey criticize.
Anyways sha.

Na him Sabi
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:27pm On Dec 29, 2023
mostob:
Maybe it's due to injury.

Probably. Cos the decline is so steep
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 9:35pm On Dec 29, 2023
Jodera:

Adebayor, the only season he played lone striker for us (without Igwe), he churned out 24 goals.

This is one of the reason I hate those stats
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hausa(m): 9:54pm On Dec 29, 2023
mostob:

Your point is valid.

But the bottomline is that without quality additions in attack and the creative engine area, the guys available can't take you and I to where we desire to be.
It hurts me as a fan, but that's the point blank reality.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:09pm On Dec 29, 2023
Pgmol admit the first goal was out of play
It will never be well with these people
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:35pm On Dec 29, 2023
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:53pm On Dec 29, 2023
Shegzdave:

Like person go look stats finish say Van Persie and Giroud dey the same category for arsenal shirt.

I kukuma no blame Spy sha grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:56pm On Dec 29, 2023
We need Var to confirm say this ball no dey out of play.

I don dey somehow suspect say most of these officials no go school embarassed

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:29am On Dec 30, 2023
Jodera:
We need Var to confirm say this ball no dey out of play.

I don dey somehow suspect say most of these officials no go school embarassed

I don’t need any further PGMOL review to confirm anything . I watched the match live and from the VAR footage it was obvious the ball was out just like the Newcastle match.

It just doesn’t make sense to dwell much on that cos we failed to score ourselves , so there’s no way we can claim Ojoro made us lose . If we had scored 2 goals to match their 2 goals then we can argue we didn’t win because of the poor officiating .

I hope going forward our players work on getting the ball into the opposition net as my as we can ; then leave Arteta to drag FA or PGMOL for any decisions he feels doesn’t go our way in the post match presser
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:39am On Dec 30, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I don’t any further PGMOL review to confirm anything . I watched the match live and from the VAR footage it was obvious the ball was out just like the Newcastle match.

It just doesn’t make sense to dwell much on that cos we failed to score ourselves , so there’s no way we can claim Ojoro made us lose . If we had scored 2 goals to match their 2 goals then we can argue we didn’t win because of the poor officiating .

I hope going forward our players work on getting the ball into the opposition net as my as we can ; then leave Arteta to drag FA or PGMOL for any decisions he feels doesn’t go our way in the post match presser
They already confirmed it was out of play na
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by toluxe0075: 11:18am On Dec 30, 2023
Hausa:
Our continuous progress this season will be determined on what Arteta does in January.
We need additions. Not just additions, but quality additions.

Without it, even if Partey, Timber, and Tomiyasu returns, we'll get blown apart in the ucl quarters.

As it stands, our only hope of a trophy is the FaCup.
And it's not even Guaranteed the way I'm seeing.
Not just additions, Arteta needs to be flexible with his tactics. One can easily predict his starting 11, what they will be doing and you are certain they will do the same thing till the end of the match. All you need is a disciplined team to frustrate this plan A because there is no plan B.

Also, it’s easy to predict his substitutions (what they will be doing) and prepare for them before the game.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:45am On Dec 30, 2023
Jodera:

I gave you goals to games ratio you are still doubting. Why don't you do the bolded because if I did you will still not believe.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:49am On Dec 30, 2023
Shegzdave:

You hate stats because they tell you the truth that you don't want to hear. Like Jodera when people carry preconceived notions they close their eyes to reality. I have used their performance records to show that Van Persie, Adebayor and Giroud are all on the same level for Arsenal yet you doubt.

We should be bold enough to accept fact when it is laid before us.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I don’t need any further PGMOL review to confirm anything . I watched the match live and from the VAR footage it was obvious the ball was out just like the Newcastle match.

Yeah... I'm not of the opinion that Var made us lose that's why I didn't even weigh in on the issue after the match. We needed to win that game irrespective of the first goal.

My issue is how simple things like this, Var officials would say it's inconclusive. Omorr, it just looks as if all the people watching ball worldwide no know book embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:34pm On Dec 30, 2023
Spy360:

I gave you goals to games ratio you are still doubting. Why don't you do the bolded because if I did you will still not believe.
Cos goals to games ratio is scam.

Everyone knows Van Persie was injury prone during his years here and most of the times, he'll be coming as Sub to gain fitness before finally breaking into first 11. The only season he stayed throughout without injury, he hit 30 goals sharp.

Same thing with Adebayor who was in a two striker system with Henry. The season the latter was Sold, and Adebayor became the main Man, he hit 24goals sharp.

Giroud have always been the main man yet he scored 16 goals highest and you're comparing him with those two?

Giroud name no suppose dey the same sentence with any "Van".

You got jokes sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:44pm On Dec 30, 2023
Spy360:

You hate stats because they tell you the truth that you don't want to hear. Like Jod.era when people carry preconceived notions they close their eyes to reality. I have used their performance records to show that Van Persie, Adebayor and Giroud are all on the same level for Arsenal yet you doubt.

We should be bold enough to accept fact when it is laid before us.
Stats is just like Mini Skirt, cos it don't reveal the main important things.

That's why you'll be bold enough to say Nketiah is a better player than Jesus in arsenal because he scores more goals than him. That's why you'll say Giroud is on par with Van Persie, Adebayor and Auba in arsenal shirt. Mind you, 2/3 of the trio have won golden boot while the last one was a golden boot contender.

If you don't think Stats is to complement what we watch and not a "stand alone" criteria, then you can be watching your football in livescores/sofascores. They give good stats grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 1:32pm On Dec 30, 2023
Happy New Yearss Gunners! cool

Good to see you all keeping the gunner vibes going here.

Damn! It has been ages. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 2:02pm On Dec 30, 2023
11 teams have scored more open play goals than us this season. Last season we scored 71 open play goals. Halfway through the season, we have score just 19. Chelsea has scored more open play goals than us. Make it make sense. That's 1 open play goal/match.

Our attacking threat has collapsed by half!!

Last season tactics also changed to accommodate Kai and Raya the most.

We are 19games away from what we so crave to change the history for good.
I'm glad the Liverpool games(last season draw and this draw) has exposed a lot about upfront.

The expected goals from our attackers this season is lower than Aston Villa's. Eeeiiiiiii😤

January, pls!!!!!!!!

I know var controversy dey. But it should not distract us from this drought of creativity and FINISHING. How painful for team like Barca that year vs Chelsea, creating Alll chances, only to get eliminated by a Torres goal.

Are the two wingers on a downhill of form? Or the tactics needs tweaking?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 2:05pm On Dec 30, 2023
Jodera:
Stats is just like Mini Skirt, cos it don't reveal the main important things.

That's why you'll be bold enough to say Nketiah is a better player than Jesus in arsenal because he scores more goals than him. That's why you'll say Giroud is on par with Van Persie, Adebayor and Auba in arsenal shirt. Mind you, 2/3 of the trio have won golden boot while the last one was a golden boot contender.

If you don't think Stats is to complement what we watch and not a "stand alone" criteria, then you can be watching your football in livescores/sofascores. They give good stats grin

Borrowing the words of komek on super Eagles thread

"Stats are indicative, not conclusive"

And we all know that one has to still react to indications for maximum output regardless of what one is comfortable with. Hence....

(1) (2) (3) ... (3310) (3311) (3312) (3313) (3314) (3315) (3316) ... (3569) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.