Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,905 members, 7,872,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:46 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2370155 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3314) (3315) (3316) (3317) (3318) (3319) (3320) ... (3558) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:27pm On Dec 31, 2023
The biggest part of the blames should be directed to the players abeg. Their performance has been woeful. They can't even press to save their lives. Odegaard is the biggest culprit here...man needs to sit down and watch the likes of Rosicky. Caressing the ball won't give you maximum points.

And nobody should start this 'Arteta no dey use sub' agenda. Abeg
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 6:30pm On Dec 31, 2023
mine3112:

I think the players is about to send Arteta packing because you can't be giving balls away like that. I want to believe it is deliberate.
Can this be fatigue?
All our attackers just off at same time
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:30pm On Dec 31, 2023
Hausa:
Gra Gra no be football.
Some of us that understand this game know wella.
Exciting players are filled in the Arsenal squad, yes.
But can these players TAKE US TO WHERE WE DESIRE TO BE?
It remains to be Seen.

I'm not shocked at all.
You understand the game but couldn't mention a single player that can improve this team you overly criticized.
Who are the players you think will take us to where we desire to be? Oya mention them.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:32pm On Dec 31, 2023
Shegzdave:

Can this be fatigue?
All our attackers just off at same time
Fatigue? Are they the only ones playing every four days?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 6:41pm On Dec 31, 2023
mostob:
Fatigue? Are they the only ones playing every four days?
I just weak bros.
What could’ve happen, they don’t press well, to score goals con look strange ti them, loosing the ball carelessly.

Abeg, who approved that Kiwior guy? That guy isn’t it, Arteta is so biased toward those player, always introducing Nelson to the game whenever he’s looking for a goal as if the boy is a messiah but to give him play time, MBANU

Martinelli should be glued to the bench for some games abeg.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lana1(m): 6:50pm On Dec 31, 2023
Roland17:
We need all 3 points and a clean sheet.
#COYG
You know what you really need? This handkerchief

10 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ray07(m): 7:04pm On Dec 31, 2023
Jodera:
This one weak me sha.

Why didn't we promote an Lb from academy instead of buying that stupid Kiwior?. How the hell did we end up with this guy? Just look at the first goal.

Martinelli needs 3 weeks benching to reset his head. This guy is just worse by the day.

We NEED a VERY GOOD STRIKER. Nketiah should be sold, Jesus should be a second striker. Omorr, I'm tired!!!

How the hell are we so bad at counters? We'll have an opportunity to attack and we'll be there playing calm game and back pass before pushing forward.

The team seems not to trust the LHS again. All balls is just to the RHS and even Rice is moving towards that side. We need Partey fit to play with Rice. See how Rice was high up the pitch when Saka lost the ball for the first goal.

Lastly, Corners!!!. We've the worst corner tactics in EPL. Easy to defend. Can we just switch to our last season corner tactics please?
I doubt we'll score anymore goals with this tactics!!!

A sad end to the year football -wise. Hope is just wearing thin!!

Anyways COYG!!!!
another shock today grin
Join Girona and clean away your tears 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:42pm On Dec 31, 2023
If you are here screaming buy this, buy that and the tactics is still the same, then you are short sighted on the issues plaguing this team.

Rice is one hell of a Footballer and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about him but he is no Partey. Partey’s ability to dictate the tempo of games with his passing and movement is difficult to replicate.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:56pm On Dec 31, 2023
Shegzdave:

I just weak bros.
What could’ve happen, they don’t press well, to score goals con look strange ti them, loosing the ball carelessly.

Abeg, who approved that Kiwior guy? That guy isn’t it, Arteta is so biased toward those player, always introducing Nelson to the game whenever he’s looking for a goal as if the boy is a messiah but to give him play time, MBANU

Martinelli should be glued to the bench for some games abeg.
There is nothing Nelson wanna play bro. Nelson, Kiwior, Nketiah and ESR might soon be shipped off.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:06pm On Dec 31, 2023
Lana1:
You know what you really need? This handkerchief

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:16pm On Dec 31, 2023
Leyqute:

Ahan. Kilagbe kilaju? Ko to be na.

You guys were just unlucky. Arteta will get it right very soon and the elephant will remain on the tree.

COYG!!
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Unlucky Ke?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:21pm On Dec 31, 2023
Ray07:
another shock today grin
Join Girona and clean away your tears 🤣🤣🤣🤣

See you wey dey advise me to divorce arsenal and Marry Girona, Meanwhile you never even divorce your own spouse who's in very worse state than my own.

Bad friend indeed angry

Ray07:
This man wan finally finish us. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 9:23pm On Dec 31, 2023
Abiku fc ... grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 9:41pm On Dec 31, 2023
mostob:
There is nothing Nelson wanna play bro. Nelson, Kiwior, Nketiah and ESR might soon be shipped off.
I’m not saying he has the ability to change the game but Arteta always introducing them whenever he’s loosing a game or comebacks isn’t enough. Players you don’t give enough playing time but bring them in whenever you’re losing a game is unfair.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hausa(m): 10:50pm On Dec 31, 2023
Roland17:
If you are here screaming buy this, buy that and the tactics is still the same, then you are short sighted on the issues plaguing this team.

Rice is one hell of a Footballer and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about him but he is no Partey. Partey’s ability to dictate the tempo of games with his passing and movement is difficult to replicate.
That one sef dey.

The problem with the players we depend on to take us to where we desire to be is the Lack of all-round Development in their game.
These are the players we heavily depend on: Martinelli, Saka, Odegaard.
Whether they're exciting is not in doubt. Their development as all-round players is incomplete. That means we'll need quality players to help them develop. Arteta might be a coach and whatnot, but he doesn't understand these things. And that's why the players will give him hope today and leave him confused tomorrow.
If you have played this beautiful game and studied football very well, you'll discover that the TRUE TEST of a WINGER is the ability to take players on. If you can't do it every now and then, in my opinion, you're a waste of my time.
You must be able to do it 7 times out of 10. This makes defenders know you're ruthless.
Martinelli struggles to take players on. Saka too.
And even though it is true that Martinelli and Saka usually do take-ons, it's not enough because the confidence they have is not enough.
What does that tell you? That Development is not enough.
You want to be a Great player on the wing and you cannot beat players 7 times out of 10 on the by-line, where would that take you?
Of course, you'll qualify from the UCl, and you'll likely win the 2nd round of the UCL. But when the Quarters come, what happens?
You'll likely fall apart.
We've seen players do it - Mane, Salah, Bale, CR7, Mahrez, Chiesa, etc.
Even Robben and Ribery were doing it at Old-age.

It would have been easier if they were very special talents but they're not.
Even if you give it 3 extra years, we won't achieve much.
The reason is, Arteta is not ready to drop Saka, Martinelli and Odegaard. He's also not ready to rotate them.
In trying to help Saka, he brought Marquinos, who had zero experience. Shaybe people said he was exciting. Where is he today?
That tells you Arteta doesn't know what he's doing at all. And then there's Nelson. What can Nelson do for real? Come'on! Let's be real.

We don't have an influencer in midfield. Rice seems to be one, but he's a wannabe influencer. It's not part of his game even though he tries to do it.
Partey is an influencer, but he's absent.
Our chief influencer is supposed to be Odegaard. But he doesn't influence, does he?
That's why I tell fans to be careful about stats because it is not everything. Yes, he scored 15 goals a season. And so?
Let's be real. Does he influence games as much as you desire?
I don't need him to score goals. That's not his job but just a bonus.
I need him to be in that area and dictate the tempo and make everything revolve around him. I need him to be able to find players both aerially and on the ground, giving slide-through passes, and picking pockets every now and then.
I need him being in charge in such a way that his teammates understand that they can make intelligent runs when he's with the ball because they trust he can find them.
I've said it before. We can't go anywhere with Odegaard as our creative midfielder. You look at Florian Wirtz at Bayer Leverkusen and see what he's doing. Then you know Odegaard is far off from what we want.

My concern is that if Arteta believes so well that he'll make Odegaard, Saka and Martinelli his key starters and not bring anyone else of higher quality to challenge them. Eventually, fans will turn on him, and then the management will do same.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ray07(m): 1:59am On Jan 01
Jodera:

See you wey dey advise me to divorce arsenal and Marry Girona, Meanwhile you never even divorce your own spouse who's in very worse state than my own.

Bad friend indeed angry

Team way I don divorce since. Dey there the suffer nah grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:42am On Jan 01
Jodera:
Spy360 talk say na Havertz absence make wey we lose against West Ham.
I still dey look for the breaking of the box wey him talk say Havertz dey bring.

Arteta should just convert this guy to DM and Rice Am. Cos na only when we dey lose ball I dey see this guy face, but whenever we are in possession, my guy go just lost. Even if him manage get ball high up the pitch, it's either backpass or sideway pass. No atom of creativity in him. We just dey suffer for that LHS with lack of creativity. Then we have headless chicken Martinelli in front.

Hmmmmm!!!!
The tactics no dey work again.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:18am On Jan 01
Ray07:
Team way I don divorce since. Dey there the suffer nah grin
So who come be the "Us" wey you dey refer for Man u thread? grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:20am On Jan 01
Spy360:

The tactics no dey work again.
Lmaooo....
Statistics been no tell you say e no been dey work during West Ham loss when you pin am ontop Havertz absence? grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:23am On Jan 01
Happy New year Family.
We pray this year usher us more open doors of opportunities/success and exponential growth in all areas of our life. Amen!!

Also, we hope this year, Arsenal will bring in that elusive EPL or UCL.

COYG!!!

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:24am On Jan 01
Happy new year guys. Cheers to another successful year.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 10:32am On Jan 01
Happy New Year Gooners.
May the League be ours irrespective of any challenges on the way this season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by rooftops: 10:47am On Jan 01
Hausa:
That one sef dey.

The problem with the players we depend on to take us to where we desire to be is the Lack of all-round Development in their game.
Whether they're exciting is not in doubt. Their development as all-round players is incomplete. That means we'll need quality players to help them develop. Arteta might be a coach and whatnot, but he doesn't understand these things. And that's why the players will give him hope today and leave him confused tomorrow.
If you have played this beautiful game and studied football very well, you'll discover that the TRUE TEST of a WINGER is the ability to take players on. If you can't do it every now and then, in my opinion, you're a waste of my time.
You must be able to do it 7 times out of 10. This makes defenders know you're ruthless.
And even though it is true that Martinelli and Saka usually do take-ons, it's not enough because the confidence they have is not enough.
You want to be a Great player on the wing and you cannot beat players 7 times out of 10 on the by-line, where would that take you?
Of course, you'll qualify from the UCl, and you'll likely win the 2nd round of the UCL. But when the Quarters come, what happens?

The reason is, Arteta is not ready to drop Saka, Martinelli and Odegaard. He's also not ready to rotate them.
In trying to help Saka, he brought Marquinos, who had zero experience. Shaybe people said he was exciting. Where is he today?
That tells you Arteta doesn't know what he's doing at all. And then there's Nelson. What can Nelson do for real? Come'on! Let's be real.

We don't have an influencer in midfield. Rice seems to be one, but he's a wannabe influencer. It's not part of his game even though he tries to do it.
Our chief influencer is supposed to be Odegaard. But he doesn't influence, does he?
That's why I tell fans to be careful about stats because it is not everything. Yes, he scored 15 goals a season. And so?
I need him to be in that area and dictate the tempo and make everything revolve around him. I need him to be able to find players both aerially and on the ground, giving slide-through passes, and picking pockets every now and then.
I need him being in charge in such a way that his teammates understand that they can make intelligent runs when he's with the ball because they trust he can find them.
I've said it before. We can't go anywhere with Odegaard as our creative midfielder. You look at Florian Wirtz at Bayer Leverkusen and see what he's doing. Then you know Odegaard is far off from what we want.

My concern is that if Arteta believes so well that he'll make Odegaard, Saka and Martinelli his key starters and not bring anyone else of higher quality to challenge them. Eventually, fans will turn on him, and then the management will do same.
After all said and done Florian wirtz is the big name player you called. Someone who is just having his breakout season if I am correct.

The wirtz is even more of a ball carrier to me who is also still developing. So your solution to odegaard is wrong. Let us hear your solution to saka and martinelli.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:53am On Jan 01
rooftops:

After all said and done Florian wirtz is the big name player you called. Someone who is just having his breakout season if I am correct.

The wirtz is even more of a ball carrier to me who is also still developing. So your solution to odegaard is wrong. Let us hear your solution to saka and martinelli.
Na why I even ignore am and no even quote am.

He talked about How Odegaard doesn't have leadership, model and lack consistencies and the person he called is freaking Wirtz as replacement??

So between the two, who is even closer to his criteria sef?

Some people ehhh embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ibunkun1(m): 10:53am On Jan 01
Jodera:
Happy New year Family.
We pray this year usher us more open doors of opportunities/success and exponential growth in all areas of our life. Amen!!

Also, we hope this year, Arsenal will bring in that elusive EPL or UCL.

COYG!!!

Baba, happy new year
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:00am On Jan 01
Ibunkun1:

Baba, happy new year
Same to you boss and you too.

I appreciate you boss cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by rooftops: 11:09am On Jan 01
Jodera:

Na why I even ignore am and no even quote am.

He talked about How Odegaard doesn't have leadership, model and lack consistencies and the person he called is freaking Wirtz as replacement??

So between the two, who is even closer to his criteria sef?

Some people ehhh embarassed
All his criteria no even enter for wirtz. I even had to check their stats. Wirtz has 5goals and 5 assist while odegaard has 4goals and 3 assist with less games o and a more competitive league.

I no be arsenal fan but there is no way I won't put odegaard in top 5 creative midfielders in the league and saka also top 5 wingers in the league.
If he said the coach should request more from them that is understandable but saying they can't take you guys anywhere (which I will be happy about anyway grin) is where I no go gree for am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:19am On Jan 01
Happy new year Fams
I hope arteta get sacked if he doesn’t bring epl or ucl this season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:12pm On Jan 01
rooftops:

All his criteria no even enter for wirtz. I even had to check their stats. Wirtz has 5goals and 5 assist while odegaard has 4goals and 3 assist with less games o and a more competitive league.

I no be arsenal fan but there is no way I won't put odegaard in top 5 creative midfielders in the league and saka also top 5 wingers in the league.
If he said the coach should request more from them that is understandable but saying they can't take you guys anywhere (which I will be happy about anyway grin) is where I no go gree for am

Lol, the guy just dey cap, reason why no one takes him serious again.

Those are the type of people that will tell you Pepe is a better player than Saka but arsenal decided not to use him well.

If you see the way I vex when I saw Wirtz as that example ehh. Omorr, I vex.

Anyways sha, na him opinion. Make him just deh carry am dey go
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Chasicolis(f): 12:32pm On Jan 01
You said it all.
Odegard is too rigid and has phobia operating from the centre nor the other flank. Always crowding or be hiding in the right with Saka.
I'm shocked that ARTETA didn't learn anything from his errors last season.
One, he shouldn't have signed Havertz
Either he signed a proper 9 that could have rivaled Jesus and sit him down or a proper attacking midfielder to compete with odegard.
Secondly, a top winger on the right to do so to Saka(he's nonchalant these days because of no threat).
3rdly, Had he signed a top striker, Jesus and Martinelli will drag the left flank bringing a serious competition which Trossard didn't put up much.
4th, give Trossard a quite number of start-ups on the left wing to test waters between Nelli and him.

5. Knowing Partey and injury crisis, should have kept xhaka for at least one more year even if it means doing away with Jorginho. That could have freed RICE a bit as the partnership of rice, xhaka and odegard would have been deadlier than what trossard and havertz have offered while playing similar role.

6. Odegard flatter to deceive, ignore his stats, they are just their for padding. Any game the wingers failed to operate, he looks like a worn out player. He can't dictate the flow of the game from the middle or left flank nor give killer and defence splitting passes regularly.

7. With Jesus, Arsenal isn't winning anything anytime anywhere. He's not a deadly striker. He's more Julain Alvarez.. Alvarez succeeds with Argentina because of the threat Messi and Di maria possess and bring. At City, Haaland and De bruyne like Messi takes the pressure off him and that creates room for him to shine mostly in big matches as seen last season. If you clearly watch most of the games without De bruyne nor Haaland, he also struggle to impact the games but running round the whole pitch to make touches to show his influence even as being the only striker up. Folden or Benardo also take pressure of the attack off him too.
Put Alvarez in Arsenal and see him exposed or in Argentina without Messi and watch.
There's a reason city struggled in champions league with Jesus as point man because he leaves the main work like Alvarez to roam the field.

My concern is that if Arteta believes so well that he'll make Odegaard, Saka and Martinelli his key starters and not bring anyone else of higher quality to challenge them. Eventually, fans will turn on him, and then the management will do same.[/quote]
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 1:25pm On Jan 01
Happy New Year to everyone. Cheers to 2024. I pray great news be heard in all our domains👌🏿💯
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:27pm On Jan 01
iamoyindamola:
Happy new year Fams
I hope arteta get sacked if he doesn’t bring epl or ucl this season
If Dem no sack am, I go open GoFundMe account, use the money carry am go court. No excuse again..

(1) (2) (3) ... (3314) (3315) (3316) (3317) (3318) (3319) (3320) ... (3558) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.