Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,108 members, 7,887,237 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:00 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3558) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2383642 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3555) (3556) (3557) (3558) (3559) (3560) (3561) ... (3569) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:00pm On Jun 26
mostob:
Saka, Jesus are ahead currently. Then when you consider the fact we're in market for another winger, you'll get his whole plight.
Is Jesus a winger?

Ok let's assume he is a LW, then Duberry will now feel he has no hope to play? That is he believes he cannot play with those two? If this is the kind of mentality that Duberry has, I support Arteta to begin to look for another LW because I don't want to be seeing this kind of mediocrity mentality around Emirates next season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:22pm On Jun 26
Spy360:
Some times you will just type because you want to argue or what?

What is stamina without weight? And how does weight mean big?

Without weight can you have stamina?

You can just make a simple search on Google bro instead of flopping here.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:49pm On Jun 26
BlueRayDick:

They are just picking on Saka as a soft target .

Southgate is a terrible coach that is struggling to even identify his best 11 with plethora of talent at his disposal . They should address that first .

I don’t know how they being ex footballers cannot see that Southgate is the problem of the team and nothing else . Can’t they even see that England doesn’t even have a playing pattern ni ?
I just feel all of these ex players and pundits have a good soft spot for Southgate. Maybe personally he's a great guy thus he's In their good books cos I too can't understand how they can't see he's the problem.

The only two that have really been vocal are Shearer and Lineker. As for the rest, they're just beating around the bush. Let them tell him to fix playing style first and not just picking on one of their best players
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by patrickmuf(m): 6:05pm On Jun 26
BlueRayDick:

The suggestion makes no sense . They should be blaming their useless coach who left good LB at home and pack right footed full backs to the tournament .

Their coach has mental problem but they don’t want to tell him 😂. Imagine playing Trippier as LB and when Trippier gba tire , he sub him for another RB and move Walker to LB .

So it is players like Saka that should pay for Southgate’s fooolishness ? There are so many talented LB playing in the EPL eligible to play for England whom the coach could’ve taken along with him na
Southgate is a disaster...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by patrickmuf(m): 6:08pm On Jun 26
BlueRayDick:

The suggestion makes no sense . They should be blaming their useless coach who left good LB at home and pack right footed full backs to the tournament .

Their coach has mental problem but they don’t want to tell him 😂. Imagine playing Trippier as LB and when Trippier gba tire , he sub him for another RB and move Walker to LB .

So it is players like Saka that should pay for Southgate’s fooolishness ? There are so many talented LB playing in the EPL eligible to play for England whom the coach could’ve taken along with him na
Southgate is a disaster...Mitchell is there o!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 10:00pm On Jun 26
Next Round

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 10:08pm On Jun 26
Next round
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:10am On Jun 27
mostob:
You can just make a simple search on Google bro instead of flopping here.
I admire your confidence grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:55pm On Jun 27
Theo Walcott: “The turning point for me in terms of how I viewed Mikel Arteta was an experience I had with him as a player at Arsenal.

“It was at a time when we weren’t making the top four. We had training in 30 minutes and he locked all the players in the dressing room, as if he was the manager. He was taking control of the whole space and telling us how it is. In that moment it was like he was the manager, and that was the turning point for me. That’s when I thought he could go on to be a manager.

“Arsène Wenger was waiting for us to come outside for training but we weren’t coming out because Mikel stopped the training session. He was such a strong character that even Arsène was afraid of him.”
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:56pm On Jun 27
Spy360:

I admire your confidence grin
You be science student and you no know the difference between stamina and weight. SMH
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:57pm On Jun 27
Theo Walcott: "There were certain games where you couldn’t play a player like Özil, he would make things happen but only on his terms.

"It was the same in training, you wanted him on your team but only when you have the ball.

"In games where he was getting roughed up, he wasn’t interested," he told Upfront.

Ozil and soft-life football na 5 & 6. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:36pm On Jun 27
Sambi off to Sevilla. 3m loan with option to buy. The babalawo wey give this boy soap is legit. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:41pm On Jun 27
mostob:
Sambi off to Sevilla.
3m loan with option to buy.
The babalawo wey give this boy soap is legit. grin grin
We should be buying established stars in a known league and known club. All these unknown "young shall grow" fit no dey work.

What's the essence of buying lokonga only to sell him for cheap after two seasons?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:46pm On Jun 27
Fabregas
Nasri
Rosicky
Ramsey
Wilshere
Cazrola
Ozil
Who would you like to have back at Arsenal, in their prime?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:54pm On Jun 27
Jodera:
We should be buying established stars in a known league and known club. All these unknown "young shall grow" fit no dey work.

What's the essence of buying lokonga only to sell him for cheap after two seasons?
Lokonga was recommended sha but that no mean say no be waste of money. And the guy play well in his first couple of matches.

The 3m is loan fee. Hopefully we fit see 10m from Sevilla next summer.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:58pm On Jun 27
Rumour says we're in for Espanyol goalkeeper, Joan Garcia. He is Spanish BTW. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:53pm On Jun 27
mostob:
Lokonga was recommended sha but that no mean say no be waste of money. And the guy play well in his first couple of matches.

The 3m is loan fee. Hopefully we fit see 10m from Sevilla next summer.
Let's just hope they Sevilla would be able to drop 10m after the 3m fee cos most of these Spanish clubs no dey drop money at all.

We really no catch gold for that him and Marquinhos signing undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:56pm On Jun 27
mostob:
Fabregas

Nasri

Rosicky

Ramsey

Wilshere

Cazrola

Ozil

Who would you like to have back at Arsenal, in their prime?
The only person I would have strictly loved in his prime in this our squad unfortunately is not even in your list.

Alexis Sanchez!!!!!

If you give me an Alexis and a Prime Partey in this team, I don't care if na Havertz dey play Cf, I would be so certain of going all the way next season

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:56pm On Jun 27
mostob:
Rumour says we're in for Espanyol goalkeeper, Joan Garcia. He is Spanish BTW. grin
So we Don comot eyes from Biglow? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:06pm On Jun 27
Jodera:

Let's just hope they Sevilla would be able to drop 10m after the 3m fee cos most of these Spanish clubs no dey drop money at all.

We really no catch gold for that him and Marquinhos signing undecided
Another way we earn money is through sell on clause. We inserted the clause in Guen and Hutchinson's deals which means we're entitled to a percentage from their future sale.

We can do so for Sambi too. Marquinhos case is just a case of being home sick. I don't think he properly settled here.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:08pm On Jun 27
Jodera:
The only person I would have strictly loved in his prime in this our squad unfortunately is not even in your list.

Alexis Sanchez!!!!!

If you give me an Alexis and a Prime Partey in this team, I don't care if na Havertz dey play Cf, I would be so certain of going all the way next season
I restricted the list to past midfielders.

Alexis Sanchez!!!! That's the name. He is who he think he is.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:09pm On Jun 27
Jodera:
So we Don comot eyes from Biglow? undecided
Everything na still rumour. Make we siddon dey watch. We signed one Danish kid for the academy today sha...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:42pm On Jun 27
mostob:

We signed this young goalie

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:07pm On Jun 27
BlueRayDick:

We signed this young goalie
Yea...for academy. Arthur has left on permanent transfer and Hein will likely be the third choice next season. So this new guy will be in post for the U21.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:45am On Jun 28
mostob:
Another way we earn money is through sell on clause. We inserted the clause in Guen and Hutchinson's deals which means we're entitled to a percentage from their future sale.

We can do so for Sambi too. Marquinhos case is just a case of being home sick. I don't think he properly settled here.

Okay, that's cool. Make dem do am for Sambi abeg.

Marquinhos just dey play like average old England player. I understand the talent we saw in Martinelli, but for Marq, I don't just understand what drew us to him

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:49am On Jun 28
mostob:
I restricted the list to past midfielders.

Alexis Sanchez!!!! That's the name. He is who he think he is.
Ohh, yeah. Looking at the lists again, I see it now.

How I wish we fit just get player like him again. Chaiii!!

Worst part is that such qualities of his no even dey again embarassed embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by AirBere: 8:48am On Jun 28
Jodera:

Alexis Sanchez!!!!!

But in the comprehension exams, Sanchez was not even mentioned. So following the template/aforementioned, who would you like to have at arsenal in their prime.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:16am On Jun 28
Jodera:
Ohh, yeah. Looking at the lists again, I see it now.

How I wish we fit just get player like him again. Chaiii!!

Worst part is that such qualities of his no even dey again embarassed embarassed
At all... Pep and his people don turn them to robots. You will watch Doku and Grealish and wonder if na the same ball Sanchez played, Dem dey play too.

Martinelli is a bit closer to Sanchez but he doesn't have the brain and the freedom.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:18am On Jun 28
Jodera:
Okay, that's cool. Make dem do am for Sambi abeg.

Marquinhos just dey play like average old England player. I understand the talent we saw in Martinelli, but for Marq, I don't just understand what drew us to him
That Marq signing na from connection jare. Edu Brazilian connection. grin

Same thing with Trusty. The Kroenke's US connection.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:29am On Jun 28
AirBere:

But in the comprehension exams, Sanchez was not even mentioned. So following the template/aforementioned, who would you like to have at arsenal in their prime.
If I were to pick from that list I would have certainly gone for Prime Cazorla.

And that's because he would have certainly fitted well into this team compared to Prime Fabregas and Ozil

Something like

Rice— Odegaard — Cazorla
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:56am On Jun 28
mostob:
At all... Pep and his people don turn them to robots. You will watch Doku and Grealish and wonder if na the same ball Sanchez played, Dem dey play too.

Lol...All these issues are because of grassroots/academy levels

Most coaches now are saying the reason why we don't see good players again is because in the youth and grassroots level (and academy), most coaches there emphasizes more on strict tactics and positions instead of creativity. Imagine telling a 5yr old attacker not to dribble but he should be doing positional play and movement. How will such a player learn how to effectively beat his man consistently?
Everybody now is now doing system-system and robotic football and it's really killing the joy of the game. Imagine the dearth of good wingers who can't beat their players one on one in all the whole top leagues just because most of these players are being taught robotic football right from their foundation age .

It's really unfortunate.

This is Argentina coach Scaloni beautifully summarizing it. You can Imagine the reason why we have less and less dribblers/imaginative players and more Robotic players. It's the big reasons the kind of Sanchez, Hazard, Robben have gone into extinction. And if good Wingers are scarce like this, imagine how the imaginative/creative midfielders like them Fabregas and Ozil (creative passers) are getting into extinction and people like Mount are getting recognition. Na why people like Odegaard/Kdb are hot commodity.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 12:30pm On Jun 28
According to Paul Scholes, Arsenal legends are starting the 'put Saka at LB' agenda because they knew Saka doesn't have any chance against Palmer.

To rephrase, Arsenal legends are afraid Saka might get benched by Palmer. Eii God! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (3555) (3556) (3557) (3558) (3559) (3560) (3561) ... (3569) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.