Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,671 members, 7,878,965 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 10:21 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3557) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2376721 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3554) (3555) (3556) (3557) (3558) (3559) (3560) ... (3563) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:51pm On Jun 25
mostob:
That's some mentality there. Won't be long before we start seeing him with an armband.

Lol...
Really cool mentality. No shades mentality. Journalist really wants to jam his head with McClean in order to generate buzz/headlines. I'm glad he was wise enough not to fall for their cheap trap.
And that captaincy, him don dey eye am. In his interview this season, he was really vocal about it

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:55pm On Jun 25
mostob:
I didn't bro. But I'm not really surprised. No be today Ferdinand begin speak rubbish all in the name of punditry.

Imagine moving Saka to LB. I told you England won't smell this trophy. I just want our guys back ASAP for pre season.
Omorr, I was mad reading that stuff from Ferdinand. How can you even reason that your Country's best attacker aside Kane should be drifted to Lb because he once played there as a teenager. Na why Dem no go ever make am. See Gomez that played Lb for Liverpool this season, him no reason am, Na Saka wey play Lb over 3yrz ago him dey reason. Dem suppose ban am from punditry for that statement.

Lemme see what my England have for me tonight Sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:11pm On Jun 25
Southgate sha... Wetin no dey work, you no gree change am.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:14pm On Jun 25
Jodera:

Lol...
Really cool mentality. No shades mentality. Journalist really wants to jam his head with McClean in order to generate buzz/headlines. I'm glad he was wise enough not to fall for their cheap trap.
And that captaincy, him don dey eye am. In his interview this season, he was really vocal about it
He is a captain material. He possesses everything you would want in a captain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:17pm On Jun 25
Jodera:
Omorr, I was mad reading that stuff from Ferdinand. How can you even reason that your Country's best attacker aside Kane should be drifted to Lb because he once played there as a teenager. Na why Dem no go ever make am. See Gomez that played Lb for Liverpool this season, him no reason am, Na Saka wey play Lb over 3yrz ago him dey reason. Dem suppose ban am from punditry for that statement.

Lemme see what my England have for me tonight Sha
That was how Neville was foaming in the mouth then. Oya go coach Valencia... I don't think he spent up to a month sef. Most of these England legends are overhyped. They're just lucky their country is the home of biggest football league. Forget England bro... Permit me to say they lack mentality too. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:24pm On Jun 25
mostob:
That was how Neville was foaming in the mouth then. Oya go coach Valencia... I don't think he spent up to a month sef. Most of these England legends are overhyped. They're just lucky their country is the home of biggest football league. Forget England bro... Permit me to say they lack mentality too. grin

Lol @ Neville, that one na casted. Him don even calm down after that him coaching stints. Before then, na so so Cho Cho Cho, person go think say na Ferguson him be. Na wetin dem suppose deh do all of them; just give them managerial role and Dem go calm down grin grin

Meanwhile my England is playing now. Forget about Mentality for now, Tournaments football na sometimes luck and preparedness. Portugal wey win Euros 2016 been even worse pass this one grin grin grin.

Na knockout you go see the main England esp Kane cheesy wink wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:21pm On Jun 25
Mainoo is in... What Southgate should have done since.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:22pm On Jun 25
Jodera:

Lol @ Neville, that one na casted. Him don even calm down after that him coaching stints. Before then, na so so Cho Cho Cho, person go think say na Ferguson him be. Na wetin dem suppose deh do all of them; just give them managerial role and Dem go calm down grin grin

Meanwhile my England is playing now. Forget about Mentality for now, Tournaments football na sometimes luck and preparedness. Portugal wey win Euros 2016 been even worse pass this one grin grin grin.

Na knockout you go see the main England esp Kane cheesy wink wink
Knockout na different ball game o. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:33pm On Jun 25
mostob:
Mainoo is in... What Southgate should have done since.
O boy... Palmer for Saka grin grin

The middle will be too congested na
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:38pm On Jun 25
mostob:
Knockout na different ball game o. grin
Na now you go see the main England grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:40pm On Jun 25
mostob:
O boy... Palmer for Saka grin grin

The middle will be too congested na

Omorr, they should just borrow Klopp halfway. Forget all my "optimism", this Southgate no deh give person hope one bit embarassed embarassed

Na just blind hope I deh cling onto now
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:00pm On Jun 25
Worry for Saka o. I hope preseason form washes away all these underwhelming showings. I'm really worried 😮‍💨🫤
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:32am On Jun 26
daveP:
Worry for Saka o. I hope preseason form washes away all these underwhelming showings. I'm really worried 😮‍💨🫤
It's the setup. And even with the setup he's still one of those covering himself in glory.

All England players are underwhelming and it's not just Saka. From Bellingham to Foden to Rice to Kane. It's just crazy.

I just hope they'll get their groove in the knockout
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:05am On Jun 26
Jamiuokolla:

Sp3rm360 no go kill person o grin grin
You sound familiar

Remove your mask grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:09am On Jun 26
mostob:
He is not foolish please. If Duberry is my brother, I would give him the same advice. He has two wingers ahead of him and Arsenal is still being linked to another winger. Maybe he should have waited a bit but I wouldn't call him foolish for leaving.

Just that he should have signed a new contract and request for a loan move. At least build something on loan and find a good club to join.
Which wingers are ahead of him? Nelson? Lol grin

If he cannot bench Nelson he should follow your advice and f off really quick. grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:11am On Jun 26
mostob:
Arteta and Edu specifically stated they don't want Vieira to bulk up. I posted the news here sometimes back. The reasons he has not really find his spot here is due to his recent injuries and the fact that he has not really shown any spark in training.

There has been a noticeable change in Yamal since he made his debut bro. Diet definitely contributed to this.
I didn't see the bolded when you posted it. Why would they not want him to gain stamina? Actually if saw that news I'd call it fake right away.

Sorry for my late reply, I was busy in the lab. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:36am On Jun 26
Jodera:
It's the setup. And even with the setup he's still one of those covering himself in glory.

All England players are underwhelming and it's not just Saka. From Bellingham to Foden to Rice to Kane. It's just crazy.

I just hope they'll get their groove in the knockout
The problem England has is that they want Kane to score all the goals and yet instead of him to stay at CF, he keeps dropping deep into the hole that Bellingham and Foden loves to drift into and overcrowding it.

The line up is OK. It's the transition that has problems. If Kane wants to drop deep then either Saka or Foden should be making the late runs from the wing as inverted forwards. If Saka and Foden should stay compact then Kane should remain upfront so others can create for him. Then what's wrong if Bellingham joins Kane as second striker?

Na overhype dey worry this England team. When you start calling your dog Lion it will see leopard and go and challenge it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:05am On Jun 26
Spy360:

The problem England has is that they want Kane to score all the goals and yet instead of him to stay at CF, he keeps dropping deep into the hole that Bellingham and Foden loves to drift into and overcrowding it.

The line up is OK. It's the transition that has problems. If Kane wants to drop deep then either Saka or Foden should be making the late runs from the wing as inverted forwards. If Saka and Foden should stay compact then Kane should remain upfront so others can create for him. Then what's wrong if Bellingham joins Kane as second striker?

Na overhype dey worry this England team. When you start calling your dog Lion it will see leopard and go and challenge it.
Agree with you 100% with your analysis. Same observation when watching them too but I don't believe that they're overhyped. It's just bad terrible coaching
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:19am On Jun 26
Jodera:

Omorr, they should just borrow Klopp halfway. Forget all my "optimism", this Southgate no deh give person hope one bit embarassed embarassed

Na just blind hope I deh cling onto now
Shebi I was telling you then.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:21am On Jun 26
Spy360:

Which wingers are ahead of him? Nelson? Lol grin

If he cannot bench Nelson he should follow your advice and f off really quick. grin
Saka, Jesus are ahead currently. Then when you consider the fact we're in market for another winger, you'll get his whole plight.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:22am On Jun 26
Spy360:

I didn't see the bolded when you posted it. Why would they not want him to gain stamina? Actually if saw that news I'd call it fake right away.

Sorry for my late reply, I was busy in the lab. grin
Stamina is different from weight. Benardo and Ode are not exactly big but they have stamina. It was sometimes last year when fans were saying Vieira is too lightweight.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:38am On Jun 26
The France team bus left Dortmund without Saliba yesterday. Saliba was supposed to do a doping test after the match. His team had to leave when the test was taking longer.

He is so good they had to test him several times. The Roll Royce!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:40am On Jun 26
mostob:
Shebi I was telling you then.
sad sad sad cry cry

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:44am On Jun 26
mostob:
The France team bus left Dortmund without Saliba yesterday. Saliba was supposed to do a doping test after the match. His team had to leave when the test was taking longer.

He is so good they had to test him several times. The Roll Royce!
Lol...
But fr, this guy is a beast grin grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:49am On Jun 26
Here I was ystdy criticizing Ferdinand for suggesting Saka play at Lb only to read and see that Ian Wright (our Legend) just said exactly same thing hours ago. Not least in the Knockout stage

What's wrong with all these people? This is really really crazy.

I'm really disappointed Wright could say such a thing. I still don't understand how he could say such a thing. This is someone who haven't played there in over 3 seasons(and as a teenager for that matter playing it just only half a season). This is one of England's best attacker for that matter too.

Omorr, Wright really disappointed here big time. Big big time!!!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by patrickmuf(m): 11:30am On Jun 26
Jodera:
Here I was ystdy criticizing Ferdinand for suggesting Saka play at Lb only to read and see that Ian Wright (our Legend) just said exactly same thing hours ago. Not least in the Knockout stage

What's wrong with all these people? This is really really crazy.

I'm really disappointed Wright could say such a thing. I still don't understand how he could say such a thing. This is someone who haven't played there in over 3 seasons(and as a teenager for that matter playing it just only half a season). This is one of England's best attacker for that matter too.

Omorr, Wright really disappointed here big time. Big big time!!!
It's a short-term fix because England's left-hand side is dead. But then, why not Foden or Palmer since they're left-footers too?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:44am On Jun 26
mostob:
Declan Rice on James McClean saying he’s ‘overrated’:

“Do you know what? I played with James for Ireland for three games and I got on with him really well. I am not going to sit here and slag him off. I thought he was a really top guy. When I left Ireland to come to England, I heard a few things he was obviously not happy about. He made comments a few years ago.

“It is what it is. I am not going to sit here and say anything about him. He’s had a great career himself – I think he is coming to the end of his career now and he’s got over a hundred caps for Ireland.

“It would be easy for me to sit here and say something back to him but, like I said, we are at opposite ends of our careers now – he’s 35 and I’m 25.

“I’ve known him, I’ve played with him, he’s entitled to his opinion and I’ve had to fight a load of those opinions from other people before.”

This is classy from Rice.

This is maturity 💯 from Rice

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:52am On Jun 26
patrickmuf:
It's a short-term fix because England's left-hand side is dead. But then, why not Foden or Palmer since they're left-footers too?

The suggestion makes no sense . They should be blaming their useless coach who left good LB at home and pack right footed full backs to the tournament .

Their coach has mental problem but they don’t want to tell him 😂. Imagine playing Trippier as LB and when Trippier gba tire , he sub him for another RB and move Walker to LB .

So it is players like Saka that should pay for Southgate’s fooolishness ? There are so many talented LB playing in the EPL eligible to play for England whom the coach could’ve taken along with him na
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:00pm On Jun 26
patrickmuf:
The thing is since he's played there before, they felt he's the easy pick compared to Foden or Palmer. What they're failing to factor is the time he's being deployed there. Playing a player in a position that he's been played over 3 seasons ago and as a teenager when he last played there is a very big risk. And the worst part is that he just played there half a season sef(and never in an England setup this two different setups)

Secondly, deploying one of your best attackers as a full back (in his prime) to me is seen as an insult, not when there's available alternatives present (eg Gomez cos he's played there consistently this season). It's better and understandable if Saka is benched than to be deployed as a full back. I don't see any reason that's justified enough.
For example, no how Wales will play prime Bale as a full back cos of crisis issues even if there are quality Bale deputy. I just hope Southgate doesn't try such nonsense.

What's even annoying me is that Lb is not even the issue. Breaking down teams and attacking moves are. I just feel this is a herd mentality that's happening because Trippier is not a natural Lb thus Saka is the easy pick— First it started as a side talk in social media, then Ferdinand picked it up and now Wright is re-echoing it.

It's just crazy!!!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:05pm On Jun 26
BlueRayDick:

The suggestion makes no sense . They should be blaming their useless coach who left good LB at home and pack right footed full backs to the tournament .

Their coach has mental problem but they don’t want to tell him 😂. Imagine playing Trippier as LB and when Trippier gba tire , he sub him for another RB and move Walker to LB .

So it is players like Saka that should pay for Southgate’s fooolishness ? There are so many talented LB playing in the EPL eligible to play for England whom the coach could’ve taken along with him na
That's my grouse here too.
He has Alfie doughty who he should have included due to his performance this season but he chose plenty Rb to play Lb. The pundits didn't caution him for it, but na prime innocent Saka should take the fall. No be say Saka na flop sef.

I swear I'm just angry here as Wright even suggested that. E pain me that such is coming from our own legend.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:35pm On Jun 26
Jodera:
That's my grouse here too.
He has Alfie doughty who he should have included due to his performance this season but he chose plenty Rb to play Lb. The pundits didn't caution him for it, but na prime innocent Saka should take the fall. No be say Saka na flop sef.

I swear I'm just angry here as Wright even suggested that. E pain me that such is coming from our own legend.

They are just picking on Saka as a soft target .

Southgate is a terrible coach that is struggling to even identify his best 11 with plethora of talent at his disposal . They should address that first .

I don’t know how they being ex footballers cannot see that Southgate is the problem of the team and nothing else . Can’t they even see that England doesn’t even have a playing pattern ni ?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:51pm On Jun 26
mostob:
Stamina is different from weight. Benardo and Ode are not exactly big but they have stamina. It was sometimes last year when fans were saying Vieira is too lightweight.
Some times you will just type because you want to argue or what?

What is stamina without weight? And how does weight mean big?

Without weight can you have stamina?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3554) (3555) (3556) (3557) (3558) (3559) (3560) ... (3563) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: AAA593, ObaIgwe1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.