Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,840 members, 7,872,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:53 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2369814 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3343) (3344) (3345) (3346) (3347) (3348) (3349) ... (3558) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:18pm On Jan 20
One for the road no go bad.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:22pm On Jan 20
Roy Hodgson should retire.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mine3112: 3:23pm On Jan 20
Roland17:
One for the road no go bad.
That will not be bad. Very 3 crucial points I must say. Very good goal from another G.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:23pm On Jan 20
Martinelli makes it 4
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:25pm On Jan 20
Now we are talking

5-0
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:26pm On Jan 20
Shebi if Martinelli dey play direct like this all the time e for make sense πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mine3112: 3:28pm On Jan 20
BlueRayDick:
Shebi if Martinelli dey play direct like this all the time e for make sense πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
We can see what competition can bring to the team. Saka needs serious competition in that wing to make him better and better. We moved and on to the next game.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 3:31pm On Jan 20
Kudos to the boys
Seems that Dubai trip helped them and refreshed them.

Happy for Nelli and I hope he continues on this form, competition is truly good.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 3:39pm On Jan 20
E for good if we get this Eze for squad depth. πŸ˜€

Now Nelli being released the way De Bruyne released Bobb is exactly the kind i want to see b2b. No romancing ball, just look and drop the thing. The forwards delivered, except Saka. He does need competition. Although he started the counter of 4th goal sha. But that's impressive vision from Nketiah.

Trossard
Jesus
Nketiah
Nelli
With sweet contribution as forwards.

We need to see this style more often. Where the goalscorer gets subbed off to rapturous applause and the sub delivers G/A too. Sad to see Palace going through what we were going through a decade ago-ownership issues and not replacing Zaha. They should sell Eze and Olise and get good players from the cash.

Baba Roy should goan rest too. His tactics worked a lil but he should go rest.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:44pm On Jan 20
I hope this will build martinelli confidence
The earlier arteta know Kai is a bad market the better
ESR have more impact than him in this game with only few minutes

Oh I so much love CS after top performance

COYG!!!

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 3:44pm On Jan 20
BlueRayDick:
It will depend on the person releasing passes too. Pace os his strongest suit. We should take advantage of it and leave the dribbling duty to when Trossard plays. For now he is gone in 1v1 situations. Let's keep releasing him that way and see how many goals he'd get. White was good today πŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏ
Saka needs his own hack. But competition still needed. If he dey bench dey watch his competition doing sweet finishing or end result, his head will come correct and for the better. Make Arteta continue dey read our thread abeg πŸ˜‚
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 3:47pm On Jan 20
Roland17:

Our build up is too slow and not incisive enough in the final 3rd. We pass and dibble ourselves out of dangerous scoring situations. I’d like to see quick decisions, especially during counter attacks.
Just seeing this

Glad we saw what we wished for in this game. Jorg doing what Partey does for Nelli was a joy to behold. My greatest thrill is the catch up with Goal Difference. We need it. We need to sustain that too. Although this is Palace, but we outplayed them.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:56pm On Jan 20
Excellent match today....
BTW 60p years for those wey collude to award that second goal as own goal. The ball was already going inside the net fah. Not like Henderson directed the ball from Bariga until it entered the net. SMH
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 3:57pm On Jan 20
daveP:
E for good if we get this Eze for squad depth. πŸ˜€

Now Nelli being released the way De Bruyne released Bobb is exactly the kind i want to see b2b. No romancing ball, just look and drop the thing. The forwards delivered, except Saka. He does need competition. Although he started the counter of 4th goal sha. But that's impressive vision from Nketiah.

Trossard
Jesus
Nketiah
Nelli
With sweet contribution as forwards.

We need to see this style more often. Where the goalscorer gets subbed off to rapturous applause and the sub delivers G/A too. Sad to see Palace going through what we were going through a decade ago-ownership issues and not replacing Zaha. They should sell Eze and Olise and get good players from the cash.

Baba Roy should goan rest too. His tactics worked a lil but he should go rest.
Please Eze should stay far away from this team, that unserious player
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 3:59pm On Jan 20
iamoyindamola:
I hope this will build martinelli confidence
The earlier arteta know Kai is a bad market the better
ESR have more impact than him in this game with only few minutes

Oh I so much love CS after top performance

COYG!!!
Gbam.
ESR will make impact in that role thereby helping Nelli more than Harvertz playing there
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:14pm On Jan 20
Shegzdave:

Gbam.
ESR will make impact in that role thereby helping Nelli more than Harvertz playing there
With microscopic eyes I am yet to see what kai brings to the team
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 4:39pm On Jan 20
"The success of last season was the amount of players who scored more than 10 goals and we are going to have to do that again. We used moments of the game we knew could exploit really, really well. The subs did really well and had a big impact. Everyone was really focused."
Arteta on team play and goals.

Still hoping for a striker this January anyone...?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 4:39pm On Jan 20
iamoyindamola:

Them senior men say it’s his Off the ball Runs undecided grin
Person never finish work On the ball, him Dey chase Off the ball.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:45pm On Jan 20
Nice win and scoreline after this turbulent past matches. Tbh, we really needed that.

Takeaways from the game

1. It's good that we've finally reverted back to our normal Ck deliveries. It's no surprise we've scored two goals from a direct corner and aside the two goals, other Ck deliveries were very threatening. Mostob, how do you see our Ck deliveries today and did you notice anything different? cool

2. As Dave.P said, we have the Hack to Martinelli. That was my exact line of thought even before this game and Martinelli just proved it right. He's badly underwhelming as a winger as his decision making is very very poor(he showed that today again before both well taken goals) but his goals were exquisite. So, why don't we make him a wing forward?
Instead of being stationed away at the wings, why don't he drift inside and we'll be looking to release him free for a one-time shot(the way Rashford have been playing for Man u since last season).
Perhaps we he can be our Auba esp how he played the CF/WF during Arteta's debut season here with devastating effects.
Kudos to Jorginho for the release of the forward passes. He did it more than once today.

3. I've always said it that Havertz without the ball is a ghost. I just hope that ESR stays fit. The forward runs and drives is what we really need from the LHS too and he offered that even with his little cameo. Another thing is that if Arteta will look his side especially since ESR is up against his beloved Havertz. But he needs to stay fit first for us to find out.

4.. As for G.Jesus, I notice he sometimes complicates simple issues too. He did well for Trossard goal(same as Raya to kick-start the attack) but most times he dilly-dally with the ball for too long and the chance is already gone. I dunno if I'm wrong but he wasn't like this first half of last season. Also, this is one of the rare times we've scored from counter this season with Trossard goal. I just hope we can see how simple and effective it is when the chance presents itself instead of doing one kinda slow buildup weh dey kill morale and ginger.

5.. Aside his Injuries, I wish we could get someone like Eze. He's always forward thinking and I admire his decision making. Probably he doesn't have the best of workrates reason why most top clubs don't look at him plus his injuries concern but he deserves to be in a club very higher than palace. His creativity, decision making and unpredictability is what most top clubs crave for.

A very good win. Hopefully, this will be the beginning of a good run of form for us.

COYG!!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:48pm On Jan 20
iamoyindamola:

Your eyes is not microscopic enough. Na special kinda eyes be that.

The only person wey get that Kain eyes for this thread na Spy360, reason why we suppose deh meet am for any analysis involving Kai cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:51pm On Jan 20
Jodera:
Nice win and scoreline after this turbulent past matches. Tbh, we really needed that.

Takeaways from the game

1. It's good that we've finally reverted back to our normal Ck deliveries. It's no surprise we've scored two goals from a direct corner and aside the two goals, other Ck deliveries were very threatening. Mostob, how do you see our Ck deliveries today and did you notice anything different? cool

2. As Dave.P said, we have the Hack to Martinelli. That was my exact line of thought even before this game and Martinelli just proved it right. He's badly underwhelming as a winger as his decision making is very very poor(he showed that today again before both well taken goals) but his goals were exquisite. So, why don't we make him a wing forward?
Instead of being stationed away at the wings, why don't he drift inside and we'll be looking to release him free for a one-time shot(the way Rashford have been playing for Man u since last season).
Perhaps we he can be our Auba esp how he played the CF/WF during Arteta's debut season here with devastating effects.
Kudos to Jorginho for the release of the forward passes. He did it more than once today.

3. I've always said it that Havertz without the ball is a ghost. I just hope that ESR stays fit. The forward runs and drives is what we really need from the LHS too and he offered that even with his little cameo. Another thing is that if Arteta will look his side especially since ESR is up against his beloved Havertz. But he needs to stay fit first for us to find out.

4.. As for G.Jesus, I notice he sometimes complicates simple issues too. He did well for Trossard goal(same as Raya to kick-start the attack) but most times he dilly-dally with the ball for too long and the chance is already gone. I dunno if I'm wrong but he wasn't like this first half of last season. Also, this is one of the rare times we've scored from counter this season with Trossard goal. I just hope we can see how simple and effective it is when the chance presents itself instead of doing one kinda slow buildup weh dey kill morale and ginger.

5.. Aside his Injuries, I wish we could get someone like Eze. He's always forward thinking and I admire his decision making. Probably he doesn't have the best of workrates reason why most top clubs don't look at him plus his injuries concern but he deserves to be in a club very higher than palace. His creativity, decision making and unpredictability is what most top clubs crave for.

A very good win. Hopefully, this will be the beginning of a good run of form for us.

COYG!!
It is still the normal CK routine. Fortunately, we got two goals.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:52pm On Jan 20
germaphobe:
"The success of last season was the amount of players who scored more than 10 goals and we are going to have to do that again. We used moments of the game we knew could exploit really, really well. The subs did really well and had a big impact. Everyone was really focused."
Arteta on team play and goals.

Still hoping for a striker this January anyone...?

Shebi Roland don talk taya say make we no expect anything this Jan esp since we're tightwalking under the lens of ffp. Me I no dey put hope for any signings again after reading everything from him.

It's the main reason why I deh always look out for in-house solution
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:53pm On Jan 20
Shegzdave:

Please Eze should stay far away from this team, that unserious player
Gbam! I've said it many times. The guy is not as good as we portrayed him to be. There is a reason why teams are looking at Olise instead of Eze.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:54pm On Jan 20
Jodera:

Shebi Roland don talk taya say make we no expect anything this Jan esp since we're tightwalking under the lens of ffp. Me I no dey put hope for any signings again after reading everything from him.

It's the main reason why I deh always look out for in-house solution
From what I read days ago, we can still spend up to Β£100k this window.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:54pm On Jan 20
mostob:
It is still the normal CK routine. Fortunately, we got two goals.

Are you sure?

Is this one not higher and is this one not at the near post?

Our Ck this season are always at the near post and not too high (reason why it never gets past the first man)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:55pm On Jan 20
mostob:
From what I read days ago, we can still spend up to Β£100k this window.
Lol...
100k or 100m?

If it's the former, then what can we do with it?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:10pm On Jan 20
Jodera:

Are you sure?

Is this one not higher and is this one not at the near post?

Our Ck this season are always at the near post and not too high (reason why it never gets past the first man)
Not all the CKs. I remember Jesus scoring at the far post this season. I think it all boils down to who is taking the kick. The free header missed by Gabu was at the near post while his two goals were scored at the far post. The way our players make the runs from deep is a tactic to confuse the opponent as nobody could predict where the taker is sending the ball.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:11pm On Jan 20
Jodera:
Lol... 100k or 100m?
If it's the former, then what can we do with it?
Sorry Β£100M
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:11pm On Jan 20
Vitali Mykolenko .... How good is the guy?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:44pm On Jan 20
mostob:
Not all the CKs. I remember Jesus scoring at the far post this season. I think it all boils down to who is taking the kick. The free header missed by Gabu was at the near post while his two goals were scored at the far post. The way our players make the runs from deep is a tactic to confuse the opponent as nobody could predict where the taker is sending the ball.

While you're right about our movements causing confusion and distraction but omorr the CKs today was way different.

In the middle, at danger zone were everyone will drag for it and the height at a very good height(more like near the back post).

Very very different from our routine subpar CKs this season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:45pm On Jan 20
mostob:
Sorry Β£100M
Ohhh... If it's this then we're good.

Just a striker abeg, every other things should wait.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:46pm On Jan 20
mostob:
Vitali Mykolenko .... How good is the guy?

Very good. I've always been an admirer of his game. But then he's not what we need now or even in summer

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3343) (3344) (3345) (3346) (3347) (3348) (3349) ... (3558) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "mΓ©s Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Fkforyou(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.