Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,213 members, 7,873,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:49 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2370730 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3421) (3422) (3423) (3424) (3425) (3426) (3427) ... (3558) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:13pm On Apr 03
mostob:
You said he planned to defend from the onset yet the same you said he changed tactic in the first half. Person wey plan to defend dey change tactic? make it make sense.

Lewis is a fullback not a midfielder.

Your argument is leaky bro especially that last paragraph. Are Liverpool and City the same team? Do they play the same way? Have you forgot how we sometimes labour hard to defend against an inferior team?

Fact is you overrated Arsenal's chance against City, you got disappointed and came here to start the 'We planned to defend' argument.

The bold is the long & short of the whole thing. It's expectations that's making him start the "we played to draw" agenda

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:03pm On Apr 03
mostob:
You said he planned to defend from the onset yet the same you said he changed tactic in the first half. Person wey plan to defend dey change tactic? make it make sense.

Your argument is leaky bro especially that last paragraph. Are Liverpool and City the same team? Do they play the same way? Have you forgot how we sometimes labour hard to defend against an inferior team?

Fact is you overrated Arsenal's chance against City, you got disappointed and came here to start the 'We planned to defend' argument.
God bless you for this.

Him just dey speak out of disappointment and nothing more cheesy

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:06pm On Apr 03
Spy360:

His plan from the onset was to defend. It is clear. Defending means he would be satisfied with a draw. A barren draw is possible and he got it.

Usually Arteta presses high using Odegaard and Kai against the opponents CBs. Against Man City their CBs were on holiday and we only pressed their midfielders ie Rodri and Kovacic. That was why their fullbacks Akanji and Gvardiol pushed higher to take up winger positions and their wingers Foden and Silva moved into midfield to overload the centre. When Ake got injured, he replaced him with a midfielder and not a defender. That's because he saw no need. No one was pressing the defenders.

In the second half he changed to wider faster wingers to penetrate and what did Arteta do? Changed Kiwior to Tomiyasu. I was actually expecting him to bring in Zinchenko. Arteta was just nullifying Pep's attack without initiating any for himself.

Now please note, I appreciate what he did as a point at the Etihad is not bad at all. But I also feel a bit disappointed knowing that we could have possibly won if we played our usual game like we did against Liverpool.

All these ignorance in bolded would have been answered if you just took your spare time to read that Twitter link Mos.tob sent here instead of writing all these things.

Just read and enlighten yourself.

As for your other posts to me, thank goodness Mos.tob have done justice to it by helping me to answer them. I wouldn't even have answered it better. Thank you Mo.stob cool

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:34pm On Apr 03
Kiwior rested , Saka rested, Martinelli rested and Jorginho rested

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:43pm On Apr 03
BlueRayDick:
Kiwior rested , Saka rested, Martinelli rested and Jorginho rested
Why is nelson starting
That one go they run pass ball, I am not confident with him
Nice to rest rice too
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:01pm On Apr 03
iamoyindamola:

Why is nelson starting
That one go they run pass ball, I am not confident with him
Nice to rest rice too

He's the only natural replacement for Saka . It will be unfair if Jesus starts at RW ahead of Nelson .

We go manage am like that noni
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 7:15pm On Apr 03
Kiwior rested means he's starting vs Bayern. Wow
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 7:34pm On Apr 03
Zincheko will help in the midfield.
That's the plan.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:54pm On Apr 03
Odegaard opens scoring with a well taken shot

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:54pm On Apr 03
Shoot am one time, no time for dancing kerewa

1-0

Excellent job by ESR to win possession during the press

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:56pm On Apr 03
Good press from ESR to build up the goal
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:09pm On Apr 03
mostob:
Teams defend for a lot of reasons and I'm sure you're not aware.
1. If you meat a superior team with a superior tactic, you can defend.
2. If your opponent surprises you with a tactic you're not aware of, you might have to defend.
3. When your opponent is piling pressure on you and you're leading with a lone goal with about 10 minutes to go, you defend.

Now tell me which is applicable to that City vs Arsenal game.
This post show you have no idea of what I am saying.

Every team should defend. But when defending becomes your only tactical approach then you have no plan to win the game. How easier can this be sensible

That is why irrespective of what, the moment a team conceded even if they are playing against a bigger team they have to change tactics to attack. I believe you don't know this.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 8:11pm On Apr 03
I don count like 16 misplaced passes tonight. Wetin dey sup? 🤦🏿‍♂️🤨
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 8:13pm On Apr 03
Roland17:
Odegaard opens scoring with a well taken shot
57games vs newly promoted sides and only 1lost. W all the way. I guess the L is to Southampton

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:13pm On Apr 03
mostob:
You have no point bro. You can't justify missing easy chance because of positional play or tactic. Even if a defender finds himself in the box and there's chance, he must score.
Unless you go back the reread that post you will keep repeating what I have already said thinking you are arguing. Lol

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:14pm On Apr 03
Nelson makes it 2, ESR with the assist
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:15pm On Apr 03
Credited as an own goal

2-0

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:18pm On Apr 03
ESR is having a great time
Happy for him
I want viera in the second half
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:24pm On Apr 03
mostob:

I don't think I overrated Arsenal against City. May be you underrated them. Either way, I am happy with the point.

You see that bolded there? It shows you have a limited football knowledge and probably you depends on what Jodera posts for information.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:28pm On Apr 03
Rodri has given City the lead
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 8:29pm On Apr 03
iamoyindamola:
ESR is having a great time
Happy for him
I want viera in the second half

Kai lost possession 6times, ESR won back 4 of those
Odegaard lost 3ice, ESR won back All, while going into space unmarked 4times.
He's having a great game.
I really detest the mentality of Zinny when he loses possession. He go dey jog back while, kai, nelson and Gabu go dey rush to recover and cover. undecided

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:32pm On Apr 03
daveP:
I don count like 16 misplaced passes tonight. Wetin dey sup? 🤦🏿‍♂️🤨

Arteta made the right decision to make 5 changes to the starting line up, especially against a team like Luton, so stuff like that will happen early on. I think overall, they have done well and grew in chemistry as the game progressed.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:35pm On Apr 03
Villa equalize.

1-1
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:35pm On Apr 03
Roland17:
Rodri has given City the lead
villa equalised
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:57pm On Apr 03
Nketiah/ Rice coming in for Kai/ Partey
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:58pm On Apr 03
This Kai is possessed how can you be diving
Them dan remove werey
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkforyou(m): 9:04pm On Apr 03
We are having an easy game, but we need to wrap up our goal difference.

Raya has not really been tested.

Funny enough, na this type of game Zinchenko Dey get brain fart cause own goal for die minutes, come put everyone for tension.

Honestly, some of this guys deserve the bench them Dey chop.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Leyqute(m): 9:08pm On Apr 03
Roland17:
Villa equalize.

1-1

Egbon. See as you dey follow that match bumper to bumper grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:14pm On Apr 03
Leyqute:

Egbon. See as you dey follow that match bumper to bumper grin

If u see as e dey pain me say dem don take lead ehn angry

City 2-1 Villa
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:15pm On Apr 03
ESR deserves a goal..God abeg!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:16pm On Apr 03
Not today as ESR is subbed for Jorg.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Leyqute(m): 9:19pm On Apr 03
Roland17:

If u see as e dey pain me say dem don take lead ehn angry

City 2-1 Villa

LooL.

There’s no way Villa survives that heavy pressure from City.

If City were to drop points, I suspect it would be at a period when the fixtures are coming thick and fast.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3421) (3422) (3423) (3424) (3425) (3426) (3427) ... (3558) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Caicedobets(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.