Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,116 members, 7,880,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:48 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2377745 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (3564) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 8:40pm On Apr 17, 2012
afrodoc: van persie is most likely showing signs of fatigue.dts wt happens when u play a footballer week in week out plus even midweek,90mins every game.there were more opportunities for wenger to take off RVP at 70 or 80mins in games which arsenal was leading comfortably n give chamakh or park a run out but thats nt wenger's style.he taps his best player until d player runs dry

What about Barca and Messi?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by AlabaSlim: 3:29pm On Apr 18, 2012
dayokanu: Arsene Wigan

How market
hohohohoho
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 6:51pm On Apr 18, 2012
edoyad:

What about Barca and Messi?

who doesn't know Messi is from another planet?? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by afrodoc(m): 9:47pm On Apr 18, 2012
u wanna compare messi to van persie or any other ordinary footballer?
take away all messi's sublime gifts like dribbling,passing,ball control,vision,finishing e.t.c what amazes me most is his durability.i have never seen a skill n pace player esp one with messi's size go for so long at d peak of his career without picking up serious injuries.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KayDee4: 3:29pm On Apr 19, 2012
Is Arteta truly out for the rest of the season ? ? wahala dey o embarassed embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 6:11pm On Apr 19, 2012
We stuck with that nucca Ramshit till d end of the season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mukina2: 10:01pm On Apr 19, 2012
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 5:22am On Apr 20, 2012
dipo+:
We stuck with that nucca Ramshit till d end of the season
You better support the guy at least for the next 4 games. We need those 12 points!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:18am On Apr 20, 2012
truth is, my confidence in tomorrows game is just about non-existent.

with drogba in form and ramsey playing and not tracking an energetic ramires........ embarassed embarassed embarassed

only silver lining is the spuds will continue to lose anyway
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 1:17pm On Apr 20, 2012
Chelski don't even scare me. As long as Kos is available to play and the other usual suspects (sagna, Verm, song and RvP) are fit, we are more than capable to beat them. We did get 5 past their goalie in Stamford.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 12:41pm On Apr 21, 2012
Yes Yes Yes, any result that gets me to third is what I'm after this weekend.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Heathen(m): 3:22pm On Apr 21, 2012
we were neither terrible nor great throughout the match. Our build-up game was agonisingly sloooooow*emphasis on the slowness*. Song needs to leave frivolities like finding a through to van persie to the attacking midfielders. He gives the ball away, cheaply, too frequently for a DM*note, am not insunuating he doesn't try at all, but he needs soldem it. His main priority should be getting the ball and ensuring possession is always with us!* Ramsey needs to increase the speed at which he distributes the ball*he is too sluggish(song speed+ramsey speed= pregnant tortoise speed)*
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 3:57pm On Apr 21, 2012
That was just about the worst game at the Emirates this season spectacle wise.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 7:37pm On Apr 21, 2012
The Tots are just completely useless, at least they should be trying to finish 4th if anything
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:49pm On Apr 21, 2012
ramsey is an affliction.

when diabolical diaby who has played just 20 mins in a year comes on and looks like a better player than you instantly u know u have serious problems. anyway nuff said. before debo go come with him grammer again

this game has to be the worst derby i ever saw. even if the quality no dey, where was the passion? mcheew

thank God sha, ToToyam are guaranteed 7th place but newcastle worries me, pls tell they are playing one decent team, maybe manure? if they win their games in hand they will be a point ahead
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ibime(m): 9:52pm On Apr 21, 2012
^^Arsenal would finish third.

Newcastle still have City and Chelsea to play.

Totoyam may sneak 4th spot from Chelsea cos they have easy peasy fixtures till season end
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by afrodoc(m): 9:58pm On Apr 21, 2012
tottenham seems to be in free fall.
no more easy peasy matches for anyone and definitely not for spurs.....they seem drained and devoid of d quick movement of earlier on in d season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:04pm On Apr 21, 2012
4llerbuntu: ramsey is an affliction.

when diabolical diaby who has played just 20 mins in a year comes on and looks like a better player than you instantly u know u have serious problems. anyway nuff said. before debo go come with him grammer again

No grammar to blow - Rambo had a poor game. Interestingly, we've kept two clean sheets in the past two games Rambo has started - I don't hear anyone claiming we get clean sheets because Ramsey starts the way some folk were making silly claims that Rambo starting caused us to lose games. grin

The Ox showed that AW was probably right in not starting him recently - he was quite poor as well.

It'll always be a drab game when the opposition try so much to stifle play - that said, we had enough chances to win it. RVP in particular should've scored and Koscielny hit the bar with a free header.

In the end this will likely turn out to be a valuable point gained.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 7:24am On Apr 22, 2012
Never say Ramshit had a poor game. He is poor by default. I can't stress enough how his sluggishness rubs off on the team, and his disgusting lack of concentration most times. He is by far the worst player this season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 11:06am On Apr 22, 2012
"He is poor by default" grin grin grin

If Newcastle win their game in hand we'll still be above them on GD, plus they still play City and go to Stamford Bridge/Goodison so third is looking relatively straight forward, just match the results of the others.

Ibime: ^^Arsenal would finish third.

Newcastle still have City and Chelsea to play.

Totoyam may sneak 4th spot from Chelsea cos they have easy peasy fixtures till season end

From Chelsea or from Newcastle? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mukina2: 10:07pm On Apr 22, 2012
congrats to our captain for winning PFA Player Of The Year Award, well deserved cool

[img]http://api.plixi.com/api/tpapi.svc/imagefromurl?size=medium&url=http%3A%2F%2Flockerz.com%2Fs%2F203406368[/img]
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by AlabaSlim: 11:04pm On Apr 22, 2012
Parci to play 4 bigalona
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:14am On Apr 24, 2012
As unromantic as this next point is, it is wholly practical. 8th and the Carling Cup and FA Cup? Or 3rd with no trophies? As sad as this is the equation is:

8th + 2 cups = £1.9m in prize money from the cups

3rd = £20m in Champions League revenue.

The five-place gap in the table also adds up to around £4m more prize money (£800,000 per place as far as I can ascertain via Google) going to 3rd than 8th. So the financial gap is approximately £22m. (Or a Stewart Downing). There is also the "best players want to play in the Champions League" argument as well of course when it comes to squad strengthening.

So, as exciting as winning trophies is, and as a Gooner I am envious, the practicality is that 8th for a club with the outgoings and aspirations of Liverpool is a failure being masked by cup success. I would anticipate that this is also the thinking of the owners, who stated at the start of the season that they wanted Liverpool back in the Champions League - and I don't think their motivation was all about the glory.

is this true? are those figures accurate?

lawd we are in deeper shite than i thought. at this rate we are never gonna see a trophy again
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 6:45pm On Apr 24, 2012
4llerbuntu:

is this true? are those figures accurate?

lawd we are in deeper shite than i thought. at this rate we are never gonna see a trophy again

They don't call Baba Ijebu Le Professor for nothing. grin

The man has crunched the figures and told the board - If I continue to make £20m for you every season, you have no choice but to continue paying me £7m. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 6:51pm On Apr 24, 2012
This isn't funny anymore. Where is dudu ?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by duduspace(m): 8:06pm On Apr 24, 2012
I'd like to apologize to everyone for staying away for so long without a thought that I'd get people worried about my welfare, one does get to forget that we're a mini family here. For all those who've asked after me, this is just to let everyone know that I'm very fine. My 'story' is that I've been taking some time out to prepare for the London marathon (don't ask me yet why I wanted to run but ended up not running) grin. I am very fine and will soon return to the thread.

I've watched the season evolve from a distance I have climbed giddy heights of elation and fathomed depths of frustration in typical Arsenal fan style, we haven't arrived this season but surely we will particularly when we have a captain like the current PFA player of the year.

I'd like to express my thanks to Muki and Debo who went out of their way to make contact and to apologize once again to everyone I got worried unnecessarily. I will definitely be back very soon.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudly9ja(m): 9:22pm On Apr 24, 2012
^^^^ i was actually hoping that AW used you as surety to loan money to fund Podolski's transfer. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mukina2: 9:42pm On Apr 24, 2012
call me a hater but i nor send but am glad cesc wont win nothing!!! grin grin grin

welcome back duduspace!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ibime(m): 10:24pm On Apr 24, 2012
duduspace: I'd like to apologize to everyone for staying away for so long without a thought that I'd get people worried about my welfare, one does get to forget that we're a mini family here. For all those who've asked after me, this is just to let everyone know that I'm very fine. My 'story' is that I've been taking some time out to prepare for the London marathon (don't ask me yet why I wanted to run but ended up not running) grin. I am very fine and will soon return to the thread.

Welcome back bro!

Why you want go run London marathon?

If you lose any more weight, it might be fatal! wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 12:29am On Apr 25, 2012
Dudu, you're extremely welcome. I too go through that stay away phase, so need to apologise cos its natural. Anyways, we expect your epistles to resume soon. Though we're not promising anything. smiley wink

On another note, can you guys remember when some of us said RVP was poo compared to our Togolese goat?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 12:35am On Apr 25, 2012
Now that Chelsea has come back from 2-0 with 10men at Nou Camp

Hope these useless GAYYners would stop making stoopid excuses about Van persie red card last season as the reason you couldnt get a shot on target

Y'all were simply not good enough
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dipo1: 8:12am On Apr 25, 2012
Uncle dayo are you madt? Chelsea did wonderful to have knocked barca out but i don't exactly endorse the park the bus thing, and i won't trade it for our own style even if it means getting knocked out. The chelsea that's 'good enough' actually conceded 5 at home when Arsenal visited.

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (3564) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.