Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,899 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:35 PM

Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral (36039 Views)

Lionel Messi Speaks On Cristiano Ronaldo's Performance At Man United / Messi Speaks On Leaving Barcelona This Summer / Messi Speaks On Ronaldo’s Move From Real Madrid To Juventus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by AImiron: 9:31am On May 28
Many fans are hearing Lionel Messi speak English for the first time after he joined Hollywood actors Will Smith and Martin Lawrence in promoting the upcoming 'Bad Boys' film.

The eight-time Ballon d'Or winner, who signed a multi-million dollar contract with MLS side Inter Miami last summer, has appeared in a handful of commercials over the years.

In fact, he recently made his Super Bowl commercial debut, starring in one of the biggest adverts of the year alongside "Ted Lasso" star Jason Sudeikis and NFL icon Dan Marino.

Messi's global appeal is up there with anyone on the planet, so his recent appearance alongside 'Bad Boys' duo Will Smith and Martin Lawrence has already travelled far and wide.

As you can see below, the Argentine decides to pay the actors a visit ahead of the film's release date on June 7, 2024 – and it delivered a moment that surprised fans. [1:36s]

One said: "This is the first time in my life I’ve heard Messi speak English," while another commented: "This America PR will be the best thing he gains for going to the US."

A third wrote: "He is doing Hollywood commercials? Dude already owns Miami. Do you understand how big this is? They came to him to promote their movie. A soccer player. Hollywood. He is a true champion."

A fourth said: "Messi going to the MLS might be one of the best decisions he made," while a fifth added: "They should give Messi the Oscar already."

It may be one of the few times Messi has spoken English publicly, but Inter Miami teammate Julian Gressel has heard it all before.

In fact, the German full-back was shocked when the former Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain forward spoke to him in fluent English during a game.

Speaking about that moment on his Player Manager podcast, Gressel said: “Between me and Leo we've had this running joke a little bit ever since the first few days.

“I asked him if he speaks any English and he was like 'no, not really, your Spanish is probably better than my English' There was one moment in Saudi, I forget which game it was but maybe the first game, against Al Hilal and he came over to me and spoke to me in English.

Source: SportsBible

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by AImiron: 9:31am On May 28
Messi has already conquered football. He's so bored and it's lonely at the top. The new challenge is to conquer Hollywood.

What a way to enjoy your career. He's the luckiest man on earth. He won on and off the pitch. If minding your business is a course, he's top of the class. He never sees anyone as competition; he only wants to play football. He isn't after personal achievements but rather team efforts, which explains why he has achieved so much in his career.

Ever since I've been following Messi, he has never once blown his own trumpet. Unlike that desert fraudster, he's so insecure and irrelevant lately, no one cares about him except his delusional fan base. Messi is on top of the world, his rightful place, while Penaldo is in the desert where he belongs, playing among below-average mediocre players.

Celebrating Saudi goals like World Cup triumphs is something I've never seen before. Y'all call that passion, but it's not; he's massaging his ego. What is the use of those goals when his team went trophyless? Did they sign him to score goals with nothing to show for it?

98 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by Wawelexy(m): 10:37am On May 28
OP you can cry all you want, CR7 remains the real goat... A supposed world class footballer now celebrating speaking of a particular language, since there's nothing he could achieve that can be celebrated anymore. Lol... Let him start learning German language now, so his fans like you will have something to celebrate in coming months. grin

The world can't be deceived, we know the real goat... Even at old age, Baba still dey break record... Unlike someone relying on old glory and unrelated achievements grin grin grin

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by whytediamond(m): 12:39pm On May 28
angry
Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by slaawomirr: 12:39pm On May 28
Damnnn niggar

Penaldo fans won't love this

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by Noniblaq1(m): 12:39pm On May 28
E get one boy for my street wey play ball pass Messi and Ronaldo, Na tomorrow him Dey attend Barca academy trials. He flew out of Nigeria this morning. Na me see the shirt him wear enter Spain. Check my topic to get good shirts for yourself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by joseph1832(m): 12:40pm On May 28
Noice
Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by nairalanda1(m): 12:40pm On May 28
Wawelexy:
OP you can cry all you want, CR7 remains the real goat... A supposed world class footballer now celebrating speaking of a particular language, since there's nothing he could achieve that can be celebrated anymore. Lol... Let him start learning German language now, so his fans like you will have something to celebrate in coming months. grin

The world can't be deceived, we know the real goat... Even at old age, Baba still dey break record... Unlike someone relying on old glory and unrelated achievements grin grin grin

IN ten years time, all this messi vs penaldo argument will end, and you guys will calm down.

Once upon a time, it was Platini vs Maradona vs Van Basten, then it was Henry vs Beckham, vs Bergkamp, vs Redondo, vs whoever. And far back it was Pele vs Maradona.

NO one remembers all those guys now. Or do you know who was better...Clive Allen, John Fashanu or Gary LIneker or Ian Rush....

Or do you recall Glenn Hoddle.?

IN ten years time, no one will recall Messi vs Penaldo. Give it a rest. Vanity upon vanity.

Or do you recall Paulo Wanchoppe or Fausitino Asprilla? cheesy

90 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by ShoeGetSize: 12:40pm On May 28
I hope this is the real deal. Someone has already created an AI Voiceover clip of Messi speaking English.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by Obwork: 12:40pm On May 28
AImiron:
Messi has already conquered football. He's so bored and it's lonely at the top. The new challenge is to conquer Hollywood.

What a way to enjoy your career. He's the luckiest man on earth. He won on and off the pitch. If minding your business is a course, he's top of the class. He never sees anyone as competition; he only wants to play football. He isn't after personal achievements but rather team efforts, which explains why he has achieved so much in his career.

Ever since I've been following Messi, he has never once blown his own trumpet. Unlike that desert fraudster, he's so insecure and irrelevant lately, no one cares about him except his delusional fan base. Messi is on top of the world, his rightful place, while Penaldo is in the desert where he belongs, playing among below-average mediocre players.

Celebrating Saudi goals like World Cup triumphs is something I've never seen before. Y'all call that passion, but it's not; he's massaging his ego. What is the use of those goals when his team went trophyless? Did they sign him to score goals with nothing to show for it?

Nlfpmod frontpage boss
I hope you're having a great week boss

Hmn. I hope he knows if Diddy wanna party, you got say no! grin

6 Likes

Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by Golan007: 12:40pm On May 28
Will Smith won't make me watch the movie.
Although I want Martin Lawrence to win.
Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by Abbeyme: 12:40pm On May 28
Original goat

2 Likes

Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by donpapa(m): 12:41pm On May 28
He’s smart and intelligent obviously… Learning/Speaking English shouldn’t be an issue for him nah..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by OmotolaDeniro(f): 12:42pm On May 28
The Greatest Sportsman Of All Time!

9 Likes

Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by jargonzboi(m): 12:42pm On May 28
Coolio
Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by callmevirus(m): 12:43pm On May 28
Nothing concern me but E dey mind

CR7 anyday, anytime twice on Tuesday afternoon

8 Likes

Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by sevo(m): 12:43pm On May 28
so many bittered messi fans here... the article was about messi speaking english in an advertisement, yet these fvctards manage to squeeze in their hate for ronaldo

12 Likes

Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by AImiron: 12:44pm On May 28
Obwork:

Hmn. I hope he knows if Diddy wanna party, you got say no! grin
Messi no fit go Diddy's party nah. You don ever see Messi go party before, if he wan go any party, Antonella go follow am, including his bodyguard

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by MEGAWATCH: 12:45pm On May 28
AImiron:

They are all making money,

Please tell me your own gain in this useless post .

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by ObaKlaz: 12:46pm On May 28
Wawelexy:

Where's your goat's World Cup

Goat without World Cup na goat meat pepper soup him be!
😄😄

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by Glimpsetv: 12:46pm On May 28
Great guy
Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by BarrElChapo(m): 12:47pm On May 28
🤔
Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by educatedfool: 12:47pm On May 28
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Penaldo fans won't love this

Who go envy second goat

2 Likes

Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by AImiron: 12:50pm On May 28
MEGAWATCH:

They are all making money,

Please tell me your own gain in this useless post .
I created this thread and yu jobless dindinrin commented on it, why are you here commenting instead of making money, Oponu no go warm eba chop

You no go cry keh!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by nairalanda1(m): 12:50pm On May 28
ObaKlaz:
Where's your goat's World Cup

Goat without World Cup na goat meat pepper soup him be!
😄😄

I no dey do Messi vs CR7, but let's be honest, teams win world cup, not single players.

Pele won 3 world cups, as part of a team made up of good and decent players. Players who were so good, that they won one of the world cups in 1962 with Pele injured for the final. The 1970 squad had gods in every position for Brazil.

Same thing with Argentina. Decent players in every position. Portugal, for all the goodness of CR7 , cannot muster the same level of Argentina...and the few times they do, they manage semis...see 1966 and 2006. There is only so much one man can do.

(Argentina also won the world cup twice before Messi, so pressure is there too)

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by Zooposki(f): 12:51pm On May 28
I wonder how many awards Nessi and Leonardo would have won if they were black/african. I can bet my black ass it would be almost zero.

African man, go and create and promote your football leagues and leave the white man alone. Una covetousness for all things belonging to the white man is a huge sin.

1 Like

Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by EnglandAmaka(f): 12:56pm On May 28
grin
Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by Beverlyjean(f): 12:56pm On May 28
Messi minions are the most insecure bitter vengeful tasteless and educated illitrates fans in the world... look at the mumu that posted this , he must always put Ronaldos pics cos he bed wets on imagining Ronaldo all his life ... whenever a Ronaldo news is posted her on NL...u will not even see the poster posting Messi to ridicule him... cos when u know the best u will never be bothered about the so called rivals... Ronaldo news was posted this morning, we dint see the poster ridiculing Messi... Messi minions are so pained that Ronaldo is loved genuinely by fans than Messi, despite messis achievements... that top players rushed to saudi after he joined and shunned burger league pained them no b small.... its what they call natural occurrence.... okocha remains naija number 1 despite not winning African best player or league titles
Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by MEGAWATCH: 12:56pm On May 28
AImiron:
I created this thread and yu jobless dindinrin commented on it, why are you here commenting instead of making money, Oponu no go warm eba chop

You no go cry keh!!

Hahaha!

I only asked you a little question and you are so angry,

Abeg my name is not Tinubu.

Don't get angry like that with me, nobody me increase patrol and foodstuffs prices.
Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by Cmanforall: 12:58pm On May 28
Interesting
Re: Messi Speaks English In Bad Boys Advert Alongside Will Smith And It's Gone Viral by bestman09(m): 12:59pm On May 28
wink
He has probably been taking English language lessons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Super Falcons Fan Page Urges NFF To Pay Players After AWCON Win / Nigeria Vs Ghana In Germany? What Victor Boniface Did After Scoring / Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.