Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,877 members, 7,876,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:13 PM

Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace (20753 Views)

Heavy Security At Emir Bayero’s Residence As Kano Govt Mobilizes Bulldozers / Court Reinstates Bayero As Kano Emir / Lost Girl Found Wandering Around Emir's Palace In Gombe State. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by ManirBK: 12:23pm On May 28
Gunfire was on Monday night reported around the mini palace where the deposed Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero, is staying in Nasarawa GRA of the state capital.

The palace is located about 300 metres to the Kano Government House where movement of vehicles is restricted to one portion of the road leading to Tarauni.

The emir’s palace, which has been witnessing a buzz of activities, is under survellance by a combined security team.

On Sunday, armed hunters at the main Emir’s palace where the reinstated Emir Lamido Sanusi is staying, tried to attack some protesters calling on Kano governor to obey a court order restraing it from removing Mr Ado-Bayero.

The hunters relented because of the presence of the security agents at the palace.

Some residents and passerby suspected that the gunshots were fired to discourage any attempt to arrest Mr Ado-Bayero after a state High court ordered his eviction from the palace on Monday.

A resident of the area told PREMIUM TIMES some commuters diverted their route in fear that the palace was under attack.

“Have you heard what is happening at the Aminu Ado Bayero palace? My wife just called me now that there is heavy gunfire at the Emir’s palace and they don’t know what’s going on there. The gunfire has been coming from the direction of the palace, a resident of the area asked PREMIUM TIMES.

People heading to Ahmadu Bello Way are said to be changing their routes but we don’t know what is actually happening,” the resident said.

It was not immediately clear whether the gunshots were from security agents or palace guards.

Both the Kano State police commissioner, Muhammad Gumel, and the command’s spokesperson, Haruna Kiyawa, could not be reached on phone to comment on the incident.

The development followed a court order by the Kano State High Court ordered to evict the dethroned Emir Mr Ado Bayero, from his palace.

The state high court on Monday ordered Mr Ado-Bayero and his four colleagues in Bichi, Rano, Gaya and Karaye Emirates to stop parading themselves as emirs.

The court issued the interim injunction pending the hearing and determination of the motion on notice filed by the Kano State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, the Speaker, Kano State House of Assembly, and the Kano State House of Assembly.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/698247-gunfire-heard-around-kano-emirs-palace.html

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by ManirBK: 12:23pm On May 28
Why can't the deposed emir pack out honorably like Sanusi yrs back

92 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by kestolove95(m): 12:38pm On May 28
Ado Bayero is a very stupid man, something that was given to you through the back door, I no blame you na d governor I blame.. I for Don send you to exile for away sambisa

96 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by AAAA67: 12:46pm On May 28
This Aminu is a huge disgrace to the highly reverted Ado Bauero family oof Kano.
He was a Saint when injustice favoured him, now want to be the devil when it's against him.
NDS has said he doesn't have a hand on his coming back.
He will regret it. He will be seriously humiliated out of Kano

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by Light78: 1:06pm On May 28
Just a gunfire and you guys are already scared.

I wonder what would happen if you guys witnessed war.

If a thief should release a bullet in a marketplace and hundreds of people scamper to safety, then those people are cowards.

Pretend like nothing happened after hearing the gunshot and watch the thief embarrassed.

10 Likes

Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by kettykin: 1:13pm On May 28
Light78:
Just a gunfire and you guys are already scared.

I wonder what would happen if you guys witnessed war.

If a thief should release a bullet in a marketplace and hundreds of people scamper to safety, then those people are cowards.

Pretend like nothing happened after hearing the gunshot and watch the thief embarrassed.

Don't allow Nigeria happen to you, egetwhy

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by KillahPriest: 1:14pm On May 28
It's just a midnight shooting practice, nothing to worry about. Kano shall be great again cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by KnowAll(m): 1:15pm On May 28
ManirBK:
Why can't the deposed emir pack out honorably
like Sanusi yrs back

He should have been banished just like sanusi.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by HNICEARTH: 1:19pm On May 28
kestolove95:
Ado Bayero is a very stupid man, something that was given to you through the back door, I no blame you na d governor I blame.. I for Don send you to exile for away sambisa

Same with Sanusi. In the first place, he also got it through the back door. It was well known that kwankwaso influenced the kingmakers to enthrone sanusi (no doubt he was also a prince) Over Ado's children.

Kwankwaso did that to spite Jonathan. When you desecrate your home, heritage and culture just to spite a stranger, you'd end up with nothings but ruins.

Jonathan is gone, but today and forever more, the kano emirate has been a mess since that singular act

38 Likes

Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by guysbewise: 1:21pm On May 28
Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by Justiceganduje: 1:48pm On May 28
Tinubu is hell bent on setting Kano on fire.

5 Likes

Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by id4sho(m): 2:20pm On May 28
What is my consider, when all men have innate greed and selfishness tongue

The fight will go on for hundred of years to come between Bayero's and Sanusi's

6 Likes

Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by ruggedboych: 2:25pm On May 28
let them blow up that emir palace, let us rest once and for all😠🤥🤡

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by adioolayi(m): 2:25pm On May 28
It is well with Kano..

There are loads of policies, reforms from Governments at all levels that should excites response from the citizens..

Somehow, it is the traditional stool that is of concern to Kano people...

Its okay.

2 Likes

Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by spafu(m): 2:25pm On May 28
Ok
Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by mrjoeblinks: 2:25pm On May 28
Ehen?
Any shaking tree is a target at this point o
Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by DMerciful(m): 2:29pm On May 28
Maybe the bulletproof heads will start reacting from Kano grin
Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by DeepSight(m): 2:29pm On May 28
AAAA67:
This Aminu is a huge disgrace to the highly reverted Ado Bauero family oof Kano.
He was a Saint when injustice favoured him, now want to be the devil when it's against him.
NDS has said he doesn't have a hand on his coming back.
He will regret it. He will be seriously humiliated out of Kano

You had better think carefully because the soldiers around him take orders from someone and that person takes orders from the President of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by samdaisi: 2:29pm On May 28
Why some people from one particular region handle this issue as if it benefits their life,I think the order issued by the IPOB threatening the life of the all region not to participate in mathematics examination should be their major concern for now
Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by DeltaBachelor(m): 2:31pm On May 28
Wow !
Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by spencekat(m): 2:32pm On May 28
Emir Bayero should respect himself.

6 Likes

Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by Titilayo4life: 2:32pm On May 28
This Bayero sef
Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by IrepChrist: 2:32pm On May 28
Even though I am a devoted Christian, I like Sanusi as a person. He is a peaceful man. The way he conducted himself during his removal is enviable.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by finallybusy: 2:33pm On May 28
Them no dey sweat under that headpiece? Na wa.

Maybe they were killing cows. That’s the quickest means rulers use in slaughtering livestock. It serves the purpose of testing firearms while neutralizing five or six large animals successively. One would require four butchers instead of eight needed to slaughter a few healthy bulls.

1 Like

Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by femi4: 2:35pm On May 28
GOT S02 E1.....

Marketed by 1/2 pounds Road Aba, and 62 Ebinpejo Lane, Idumota, Lagos

Grab your copy now!!!

2 Likes

Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by Cmanforall: 2:36pm On May 28
Gunfire for celebrations or fight?
Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by rash47(m): 2:38pm On May 28
Sanusi is shameless for wanting that stool back, it's his desperation that is making kano cultural heritage a laughing stock. For a man that proud himself as a modern day young turk intelligentsia should not be found fighting over an institution that lack constitutional power.

3 Likes

Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by whytediamond(m): 2:40pm On May 28
cheesy
Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by blaise26abj(m): 2:40pm On May 28
ManirBK:
Why can't the deposed emir pack out honorably like Sanusi yrs back

Because he was probably party to the move to oust Sanusi . He is definitely a desperate , power grabbing aboki
Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by zombieHUNTER: 2:40pm On May 28
undecided
Re: Gunfire heard around Kano emir’s palace by Goodvibes007: 2:41pm On May 28
kestolove95:
That throne belonged to Sanusi Ado Bayero, first born of the former emir. Kwankwasoso in APC gave Sanusi (the nephew) the emirship through backdoor too to protect his friend, Sanusi, from prosecution by GEJ. What goes around comes around.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet Onikepo Akande, Ashipa Iyalode Ibadan (Photos) / Feminism: Operationally Contradictory? / Photos From Siddika Sanusi's Kunshi Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.