Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,882 members, 7,889,931 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:30 AM

Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu (8015 Views)

Edo: I Will Not Support What’s Not Fair, Just – Obaseki On Deputy’s Ambition / Edo: I Can’t Escape Blame For APC Loss – Buhari / "If PMB Likes Let Him Impregnate My Wife, Call Ondo 'Edo', I Will Vote For Him" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu by References1: 8:23pm On May 28
Impeached Deputy Governor of Edo, Mr Philip Shaibu, said on Tuesday that he would challenge the emergence of Asue Ighodalo as the Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP) candidate for the upcoming state election to the highest judicial level.

DAILY POST recalls that a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja on Monday dismissed a suit filed by the impeached Deputy Governor seeking to nullify the February 22 governorship primary that produced Ighodalo as the PDP candidate.

Justice James Omotosho, in the judgment, held that Shaibu lacked the legal right to challenge the outcome of the primary on the grounds that he did not fully participate in the exercise.

Omotosho also held that the impeached deputy governor was not equally present at the venue of the primary the day it was held.

However, while speaking with newsmen in Abuja on Tuesday, Shaibu said he would continue to challenge the emergence of Ighadalo because he did not win the primary.

“I won the election with the authentic delegates. I am sure and confident that the court will do the right thing.

Concerning what happened on Monday (Abuja High Court ruling), my lawyers are looking into it, and by the grace of God, I can bet you, because I believe in the judiciary, that justice will be served.

‘’I believe that the judiciary is not what they say it is. I believe that we have a judiciary that will deliver justice in the issue between Ighodalo and me, and the issue of my impeachment,’’ he said.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/05/28/edo-governorship-primary-i-am-confident-of-victory-shaibu-reveals-next-move/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR28vYXEEZ7bRDo1xY14jHyMxCjKnq33jWV99DHeEnCqPKsHN8prh3Gr_IA_aem_AYsKG7pYCatY31Kmx2JX941q5dukcpx-RElYIidAOORTdoG02qxzixTNyRI7QwvqK_7qMvIjIzsHjk_nsJ8VUl4r

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu by Justiceganduje: 8:26pm On May 28
And na you win abi?

10 Likes

Re: Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu by richiemcgold: 8:28pm On May 28
On a spoiler's mission

5 Likes

Re: Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu by Jostoman: 8:47pm On May 28
Mr Shuibu, What is your gain if you scatter your party.

Hope it is not that hardship and killing killing party that is bankrolling you?

Leave ighodalo alone.

2 Likes

Re: Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu by Oghene86: 6:05am On May 29

2 Likes

Re: Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu by bhella10: 6:07am On May 29
Philip resti lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu by PDPdestroyer(m): 6:08am On May 29
lol…another stolen mandate? This one na PitObi younger brother

13 Likes

Re: Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu by Thomthom(m): 6:08am On May 29
grin
Re: Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu by Parydelegate: 6:08am On May 29
Lol
Click LIKE for AI and SHARE for PS

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu by essentialone(m): 6:08am On May 29
Why he come bend head like bendel insurance na?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu by ttobizz(m): 6:11am On May 29
essentialone:
Why he come bend head like bendel insurance na?

Walahi you nor well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu by Freshtruth(m): 6:14am On May 29
Oga rest you should have move to Lp but u fumble

APC have won that state already. Tinubu go wan prove say Edo na lagos

3 Likes

Re: Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu by EMXTAN1(m): 6:15am On May 29
Short people takes this no gree for anybody really personal..

2 Likes

Re: Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu by ppogba: 6:22am On May 29
Person wey dem cut hin head wey still dey talk.

Na wetin remain for hin mouth?

1 Like

Re: Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu by Amuluonyenaego: 6:23am On May 29
Politicians no get shame shaa
Re: Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu by MaziObinnaokija: 6:28am On May 29
cool CORRECT HOME BOY cool cool cool cheesy wink
Re: Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu by MaziObinnaokija: 6:29am On May 29
undecided cheesy cheesy grin SCATTER THEM angry angry. NOR GREE FOR ANYBODY BIKO angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu by kennyz247(m): 6:30am On May 29
If you like no go rest, you go just kill yourself for nothing on power

1 Like

Re: Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu by UselessBuharist: 6:36am On May 29
Use your brain na
Re: Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu by peterboro: 6:45am On May 29
is this Shaibu really ok?

3 Likes

Re: Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu by NzogbuNzogbu: 6:46am On May 29
Go sleep

Is it the primaries you conducted in ur compound without inec or pdp national

2 Likes

Re: Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu by Runaway: 6:46am On May 29
Lost child.....

1 Like

Re: Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu by Chinjo2: 6:49am On May 29
You can all see that the House of Assembly were right to have impeached Shaibu in the first place. Why is he not challenging his impeachment?
When you hear him ranting you will be wondering if this is not the same man that has never won his ward since he left APC.
He has been begging to return back to APC but they have refused to accept him because they know he is someone that causes problems wherever he goes.

He is like the proverbial dog that is destined for destruction. It will never hear the master's whistle.

3 Likes

Re: Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu by OKORONKWOBRIGHT(m): 6:53am On May 29
You are a fool
Re: Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu by Ofunaofu: 7:05am On May 29
Shaibu no dey hear word

1 Like

Re: Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu by donpapa(m): 7:05am On May 29
Mr. Philip Shaibu needs to be told that; It’s too late to cry when the head is off!
He should take responsibility for his actions and move on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu by Judolisco(m): 7:05am On May 29
Bros jst rest... No dey fight who pass you....

1 Like

Re: Edo: I Will Continue To Challenge Ighodalo, He Didn't Win The Primary - Shaibu by gmaribel(m): 7:09am On May 29
His lawyers are 😊.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breakingnews: WAEC Says It Has No Records On Buhari [letter Included] / Ojukwu The Most Incompetent Military Leader Of The 21 Century / Sagay: Buhari Has Recovered Over ₦1 Trillion Stolen Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.