Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,911 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:30 AM

Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) (19144 Views)

Oyinbo Baby Relishes Eba & Okro Soup (Video, Photos) / Easiest Way To Prepare Simple But Delicious Afang Soup (Video) / How To Cook Fresh Mouth Watering Edo State Bitter Leaf Soup ( Video ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by Homologous: 4:34pm On May 29
Nice one, omoluabi

1 Like

Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by Orch1981: 4:35pm On May 29
dollynnn:
Orisirisi

There is nothing one wouldn't find on Nairaland's Front-page.
Very useless and tribalistic forum

1 Like

Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by Orch1981: 4:37pm On May 29
benebaby77:
Most people usually use Lagos to determine Yoruba's. There are a lot of Yoruba soups that are not being prepared in Lagos, and those who often Yoruba people don't have variety of soups have not been to other Yoruba states.
I agree with this but stop claiming you develop Lagos na that one I no want hear because na fg develop Lagos ok

2 Likes

Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by SweetDipBenny(m): 4:38pm On May 29
benebaby77:
Most people usually use Lagos to determine Yoruba's. There are a lot of Yoruba soups that are not being prepared in Lagos, and those who often Yoruba people don't have variety of soups have not been to other Yoruba states.
Ok now i get itđź‘ŤBecause Lagos no be Yoruba state.

1 Like

Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by ponishah: 4:41pm On May 29
spiceadole:
Only eforiro?
Does that even qualify as soup?

This man is funny.

I was born and bred in Yorubaland.
Baba,Yoruba no get soup..No vex
OK, which soup ur tribe get?

2 Likes

Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by dododawa1: 4:47pm On May 29
The Enugu State Government on Wednesday warned the Indigenous People of Biafra against scuttling the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination in the state.

IPOB, a pro-Biafra group declared May 30, 2024, (tomorrow) a sit-at-home for the remembrance of Biafrans who died during the Biafra and Nigeria civil war.

Reacting to the sit-at-home order, the government in a statement issued by the Commissioner for Information, Mr Aka Eze Aka, said that the directive was contrary to what their forebears fought for.

Urging candidates and those involved in the conduct of the examination and other enterprises to go about their legitimate businesses, the commissioner assured that the state had taken steps to ensure adequate security of lives and property.
Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by seborrhic: 4:47pm On May 29
Dogalmighty17:
I don't know if they have soup o but what they have even the devil will not taste it twice. That's how during my service days when I was newly posted to Ota, I decided to go and have a taste of amala with that greenish soup that looks like baby poo.

I think everything was going well until midway into my meal tragedy struck. I was sweating so heavily due to how much pepper they added. Before I knew it, the need to immediate go to the toilet came upon me. I had to abandon my meal.

I rushed away from the restaurant looking for a public restroom to use. Non was available and it seemed I was going to defecate on my self. I felt like dying. After what seemed like an eternity, a nurse who noticed how uncomfortable I was, opened the restroom of a public health Care center there in Ota and I was able to get deliverance. Since then, anything yoruba I avoid.
The soup was not properly cooked,coupled with the poor hygiene that went with it.
Vegetable preparations like that need to be properly and hygienically prepared because they harbour a lot of germs,that most likely caused the severe stomach upset you had.
Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by papyjaypaul: 4:51pm On May 29
Dogalmighty17:
I don't know if they have soup o but what they have even the devil will not taste it twice. That's how during my service days when I was newly posted to Ota, I decided to go and have a taste of amala with that greenish soup that looks like baby poo.

I think everything was going well until midway into my meal tragedy struck. I was sweating so heavily due to how much pepper they added. Before I knew it, the need to immediate go to the toilet came upon me. I had to abandon my meal.

I rushed away from the restaurant looking for a public restroom to use. Non was available and it seemed I was going to defecate on my self. I felt like dying. After what seemed like an eternity, a nurse who noticed how uncomfortable I was, opened the restroom of a public health Care center there in Ota and I was able to get deliverance. Since then, anything yoruba I avoid.
This could easily be food poisoning
Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by pek(m): 4:54pm On May 29
My friend from Ijebu came back from a course in the east and for a long time, the only thing you will hear from him is that Yorubas don't have soup.

1 Like

Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by Neckpresser101: 4:54pm On May 29
Yoruba no get soup sincerely

Infact only ss and SE get huge variety of soup
Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by Elizkid: 4:57pm On May 29
I’m Yoruba, and I agree that we don’t have a rich variety of soups, however hard it is to admit.

Alternatively, the better way to put it is Yoruba don’t have any unique soup apart from Ewedu and Gbegiri, both of which are very bland at best/

2 Likes

Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by NwaIgboBoy(m): 4:59pm On May 29
But I thought the only food the yorubas can NOT do without is Beans & Bread

They love that food with passion.
tongue grin
Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by ponishah: 5:02pm On May 29
Dogalmighty17:

Every tribe na the same.
Your soup no pass youruba soup.
Oya list ur soup

3 Likes

Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by agadez007(m): 5:15pm On May 29
The soup he mention no even reach 5 self

Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by zumbigbo(m): 5:18pm On May 29
Politics.. tribalism
Education...tribalism
Soup...tribalism
Water...tribalism
Straffing...tribalism
Olosho...tribalism

Haba!
Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by ttmax09(m): 5:23pm On May 29
Elizkid:
I’m Yoruba, and I agree that we don’t have a rich variety of soups, however hard it is to admit.

Alternatively, the better way to put it is Yoruba don’t have any unique soup apart from Ewedu and Gbegiri, both of which are very bland at best/
I knew you where telling lies the moment you said gbegiri tastes bland.

2 Likes

Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by 7arrows: 5:32pm On May 29
spiceadole:
Only eforiro?

This man is funny.

Truth. If u like travel all the Yoruba land. Them no get Soup oooo
Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by TonyBby: 5:37pm On May 29
Efo riro(different varieties gure, tete, shoko, ebolo), ilasa, ewedu, eku, gbegiri. What i grew up to know 'bout yoruba soups! Egusi, I don't bout the originality.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by StraightGaay: 5:50pm On May 29
Who con get pepper soup?
Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by Mrincredy(m): 5:54pm On May 29
You need to be schooled. Apart from ewedu
Gbegiri
, help me with any other soup yorubas have?
Igbos can boast of over 50 different cuisines that can be enjoyed without garri. We all know that garri is not native to nigerians. It was brought from Brazil. Educate us on any soup.
Appletek:
Your diet consists of dried stockfish and yellow garri with akpu. You too are opening mouth. Do you even know how stockfish entered your pot?

All of them were introduced during the civil war when Biafrans ran out of frogs and lizards to eat.

Okrika was dropped at Okrika beach. It was dropped for free to Biafrans but unfortunately, Biafrans picked them and sold them to Biafrans.

Okporoko was sent as aid from Norway. It was the head being dried and sent to your fathers instead of being thrown away. Biafran soldiers were sleeping with married Biafran women so the women could take stockfish back to their families.

palm oil was introduced into garri as an urgent aid to cure keashiokor ravaging Biafrans caused by lack of Vitamin A, and tocopherol and tocotrienol antioxidants.

There is no history of Okporoko, Okrika and stockfish in Igboland before the Biafran war.

2 Likes

Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by yommen: 5:54pm On May 29
spiceadole:
Only eforiro?

This man is funny.

I think you should watch the video again. He pointed out that even Yorubas are admitting your claim but he alighted the various soups and their Yoruba origin. Hardly was Lagos mentioned. I believe you were born and bred in Lagos like myself. Many of those soups mentioned actually have proverbs that mention them. Those proverbs weren't formed yesterday but 100s of years back which shows that we the younger Yorubas too are actually as naive as you strangers living among us.

I didn't reply you to make you change your mind actually but may be you should visit those places mentioned to see those things instead of you sitting in one place and making your assertions. Your assertions dont count though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by yommen: 5:56pm On May 29
Dogalmighty17:

Go and treat ur ulcer.

3 Likes

Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by Gboom: 6:04pm On May 29
TonyBby:
Efo riro(different varieties gure, tete, shoko, ebolo), ilasa, ewedu, eku, gbegiri. What i grew up to know 'bout yoruba soups! Egusi, I don't bout the originality.
Let me add to your list of vegetable soup; Effirin (scent leaf), ewuro (bitter leaf), worowo, efo igba etc.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by YeyeGbami: 6:11pm On May 29
Nice
Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by TonyBby: 6:16pm On May 29
Gboom:

Let me add to your list of vegetable soup; Effirin (scent leaf), ewuro (bitter leaf), worowo, efo igba etc.
GOD bless you.
Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by yommen: 6:16pm On May 29
Armaggedon:
All this garbage because your fellow Yoruba admitted to your lack of native cuisines. Even his defence is a further proof to your lack of native soups. Okro and black soups he mentioned are native to Igbos and Edos respectively.

You can as well say water is only native to the Igbo land na. Others don't have it. That's the average Igbo man attitude. Does the fact that you have a particular thing mean others don't have it?

Na only you get farm dey farm? He mentioned some very popular proverbs that have existed since time immemorial that mention many of those vegetables. Even our great grandparents met those proverbs alive already. 'Dagunro' is one of them. I'm above 40 and I have always heard the proverb ' Ije ti e je tete, e ma je dagunro' meaning Dagunro was eaten by ancient Yorubas already.

Come to think of it, based on science, the okra that you claim is native to Igbos and Edos originated from Ethiopia, Sudan and Eritrea. Google it. The fact that you grew up knowing a particular thing with your people doesn't mean it's only you that have access to it. It exists in other places already too. Many of these lives existed before your great, great grandparents were born. And no be only your village get am.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by Magnificenttop: 6:25pm On May 29
Killerofpigs:
How do you make noise over what you claim to have.

Traveling around the SW, it's obvious that they don't have a rich variety of soups like the IGBos and the people from the SS region

Yoruba cuisine can be compared to Benin Republic and the North. In these zones everything they eat is bland.

Period
Ttipsy:
One Yoruba soup I knw is pounded watery beans
Gbegiri or something
agadez007:
The soup he mention no even reach 5 self
Elizkid:

spiceadole:
Only eforiro?
This man is funny.

STFU.
As someone not exposed to different indigenous Yoruba ethnicities or deep Yoruba traditions, I can still make some long soup list.

Draw category:
1 - Okro
2 - Luru
3 - Eku
4 - Ewedu
5 - Abula

Vegetables
6 - Normal Tete eforiro
7 - Gbagba
8 - Osun
9 - Elegede leaf
10 - Yanrin
11 - Soko
Six is ok because vegetable list go plenty if I do not stop here

Soft/slightly draw vegetable
12 - Gbure
13 - Worowo
14 - Amunu tutu

Mushroom soups
15 - Ogogo
16 - Okiti
17 - Beje

Other uncategorized
18 - Isapa soup
19 - Elegede fruit soup
20 - Orunla (dried grounded Okro)
21 - Gbegiri

Lemme stop there for today cheesy.

Note that I didn't mention Egusi and the rest

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by luluman: 6:30pm On May 29
spiceadole:
Only eforiro?

This man is funny.

Ode, which part of yoruba land were you born? All of them at once?

2 Likes

Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by Cromagnon: 6:40pm On May 29
spiceadole:
Only eforiro?

This man is funny.

who soup epp
Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by Kaxmytex(m): 6:41pm On May 29
As a Yoruba guy, fear sef dey grip me with some soup wey I don chop....

Yoruba soup are highly medicinal, no be one kind soup u fit just decide in a blink of an eye sey u wan go make because u just cook ur rice, u go don make up ur mind like a week to that time, dey prep ur sef how u go take run am...na once in a while soup, they are not made to be a common soup or usuals...
Questions like, hope u are on leave at work, do u have plenty of water to drink and bathe, how many people wan chop am,etc has to be put in place before making some Yoruba soup.. u go fear nah...anything you are taking in has to have a positive effect on ur body, na their mantra be dat....
U fit chop soup for 5min, make u open mouth for 10min, dat one too dey...

Yorubas get plenty soup, they are not just common or usuals u will find in a restaurant..
They can make a soup out of any leaf... do u even know that some leaf dey wey be sey Dem no fit pluck Dem at anytime, u gats first check the time before touching those leaves, they believe plucking it at the wrong time, u are going home with a sleeping leaves with zero potency.....lolzzz
Soup dey o, na u no go far....
Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by OhGeeBee: 6:42pm On May 29
spiceadole:
Only eforiro?

This man is funny.

Don't know where you grew up sha. There's
Ewedu
Gbegiri
Osiki
Morogbo
Efo riro
Efo Igbagba
Amunututu
Worowo
Isapa
Ila with little bitter leaf
Elemi meje my grandma's favourite. Usually cooked with bitter leaf, odo cashew, odo ishin, scentleaf etc with lots of fishes.
There are also many healing soups cooked with atare, iyere etc. Soups that heal certain illnesses Ask dem iya olobes. Majority of you guys are ope.

2 Likes

Re: Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) by Sleekfingers: 6:57pm On May 29
1. Obe gure ( Water leaf soup)
2. Marugbo soup
3. Obe kowu ( cotton seed soup)
4.Obe osiki
5. imoyo ( fresh Eja odo, obokun, tilapia, croaker, barracuda, red snapper, crabs , Jumbo prawns)
6. Ila Alasepo
7. Obe Apon
8. Egusi ijebu
9. Efo riro
10 Obe Efo elegusi
11. Obe dindin
12. Obe Ewuro elegusi ( bitter leaf soup)
13. Gbegiri
14. Obe ilasa
15. Etc

It is only a fool will say we Yoruba don't have soup....Na sopono go kill anybody wey say Yoruba no get soup

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? / How To Make Nigerian Meatpie: Full Steps, Methods And Ingredient Required / What Can I Cook For My Igbo Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.