Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,509 members, 7,951,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 10:52 AM

First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane (25136 Views)

First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane / Wild Cheers As Peter Obi Attends Soludo’s First Anniversary Event (Video) / 9 Prosperous States In Nigeria Vs 12 Highly Miserable States - Bismarck Rewane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by Shevchenkko: 4:47pm On May 30
Okoroawusa:
I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Failures love themselves

1 Like

Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by nedu666: 4:49pm On May 30
Okoroawusa:
I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu

You also loved buhari while he was busy damaging the economy
Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by Kukutente23: 4:55pm On May 30
Okoroawusa:
I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu
He loves you too

1 Like

Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by BigDawsNet: 4:55pm On May 30
Mrexcell:

Why can't nigerians unite and do what other countries are doing to drive away bad leaders?Tinibu that stole power can never agree to step aside just like that for fear of being prosecuted.

Nigerians are the most fared human on heart… they are to scared to fight for dia rights so they just insure the bad governance policy and accept dia faith..

Till today I’m still surprised how young nigerians came out to protest endsars
Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by stankezzy: 5:02pm On May 30
There is one thing some people don't know, especially those people their answer is to call peter obi names whenever you mention anything that is not going well in this country, they may not know that cnn,BBC,fox news,South Africans , Ghanaians, Cameroonian,major world secret agents ,usa,China,Britain, Israel, Iran,Russia, Germany, even minor countries are all here,because of our resources ,religions, and population a lot of countries are interested in us , u can easily check major forums for any country, Ghana, South Africa, Egypt, Cameroon, there is no country in Africa except Nigeria that d answer or solution to anything their president is not doing well is name calling to person from another region, name calling Peter obi may look like fun but u may not know how u people are presenting your intelligency and d rate of your brain capacity to d world, this is not a Nigerian thing, go outside d country and see how they are seeing d black man, especially Africans,and Nigerians ,when they call us names we will be angry but just check if we don't behave as they said, any way most developed country's and their agents have been able to differentiate behaviours of Nigerians in different regions
Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by SoNature(m): 5:07pm On May 30
abbey621:
Quack financial experts always leave out crucial details. Remove half of Nigeria's population and the numbers would suddenly paint a different picture. Comparing Nigeria to countries with less than 100 million people is just plain comedic grin

Furthermore, isn't it ridiculous that everybody knows there's a problem but the geniuses in government can't implement credible solutions.....No be juju be that?

That thing is called GDP per capita.
America is over 300 million.
Nigeria is about 220 million.

Going by your logic, the GDP per capita of Nigeria should be higher than that of the United States.

Those of you who support these nonentities in power don't understand that Nigeria has a high unproductive population and it affects her GDP per capita.

Tell this government to start investing Nigeria's money wisely. That 90 billion used to finance pilgrimage could be given to SMEs as grants and loans. That's how serious countries create wealth.
Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by Jlow2: 5:09pm On May 30
Lagos - Ibadan express news and agbadorians will still argue with him , without been sure if wer their next meal will come from, obviously no more 2cups of rice and beans for palatives and the thousand of tons of grains to be distributed was just a fat lie.
Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by Festy4u(m): 5:12pm On May 30
We cal this situation:

'"Nigeria, we hail thee!'' grin
Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by lexy2014: 5:20pm On May 30
martin123:
No one should take this man Bismarck Rewane seriously, he's not different from Reno Omokri. This same man bashed GEJ when he was president, forgetting that Nigeria's economic laws don't usually go with the laws of economy. When Buhari became president, he was given advisory role and that government was one, if not worst government. Now, he wants something from Tinubu. Talk is cheap, they know nothing....

What does he want from Tinubu?
Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by geoworldedu: 5:22pm On May 30
Bolu004:
It shall not be well with all those who put us in this situation. The politicians that were voted and the people that supported and voted for them. Amen!!!
As if votes count in Nigeria undecided Just direct your swear to the people in power in the past, in power today and will be in power in the future because Nigeria can never be better.
Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by LaRosa01: 5:24pm On May 30
very same idiot that advice the government to devalue the naira,since I have known this man all he talks about is devaluing the naira yet I am yet to see or hear what makes him a professional aside claims of been an economist.the media aid people like him to push western slavery economic policies

Islie:

https://punchng.com/first-anniversary-ghana-is-now-richer-than-nigeria-says-bismark-rewane/?amp
Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by nedekid: 5:24pm On May 30
udemzyudex:
Lies
Oga, it might not be lies.
One easy way you can tell how good a country is fairing is by the model or age of vehicles you see on the roads. Someone that visited naija late last year after 9 years in the UK, said the vehicles on the roads looked like they were from a "mad max movie". Most are very late models. You see people buying 2003, 2010 cars and celebrating that they bought new cars. I understand on the streets of Ghana, the vehicles are much newer. Go on YouTube or face book and watch A1 diesel. See the kind of vehicles they fix, supposedly avarage mans cars in Ghana.
Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by Blaze232(m): 5:39pm On May 30
meum:
Master strategist moves.

I blame those praying for the country. They are not praying well enough. How can they pray yet nothing is happening? They should do something differently to see if things will change.

They should curse the corntree or what are you suggesting??
Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by Eriokanmi: 5:46pm On May 30
Blazetrailer:
Truly, Tinubu doesnt think before acting. Devaluation of the naira was done without understanding the full effect. A reasonable leader would have gathered various opinions before doing something that stupid.

Yea, the devaluation of the naira ought to have been subjected to public debate. Nobody has a monopoly of knowledge. He messed up big time. It would
take years before Nigeria would get out of it, even if the policy is reversed tonight . Only a wicked leader would remove subsidy and float the naira same time the way he did.

Instead of Angolato learn from being the giants of Africa we used to be know for, they moved on with a better plan for their people. Subsidy was removed but gradually. I'm not sure the 2nd stage of their subsidy removal has taken effect already. Even before Angola removed the first stage of subsidy, they had already provided enough palliatives.

Tinubu came and unleashed suffering on the masses. Too bad. Even if it was Buhari's doing, why not pass a supplementary budget and delay it for 6 months before implementation, use the supplementary budget to provide enough palliatives before removing subsidy.? Sadly, subsidy payment is back
Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by Treadway: 5:55pm On May 30
Quintessence44:

RIWANE IS A ROTTEN LIAR FROM THE PITS OF HELL.

Where the hell did he get those FAKE GDP Per Capita figures?

NIGERIA’s GDP Per Capita is over $2,500 as any Google search will show you RIGHT NOW.

Where did he get $1,110 from?

He sat in his house and calculated it from his nyash?

WHAT SORT OF NONSENSICAL, BLATANT LIE IS THIS?
you're the liar. Divide $250b by 200m and you have a good estimate of your GDP per capita as at today.

Study hard, know book, una no gree. Luxembourg has a GDP per capita of over $140k, and the USA has a GDP per capita of over $75k. On the basis of this the USA while it boasts the largest economy in the world, it still isn't the wealthiest country in the world.

Won ti pa yin mo aye, eiti mo....hehehe🤣

1 Like

Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by PAQ(m): 6:21pm On May 30
Our case is as spectacular as the curious case of Benjamin Button. It is the name of the disease afflicting Nigeria. Its a disease of retrogression. Despite advancing in age we are retrogressing in everything we once over came.

Gradually moving from a strong Nation to a Colony, as i write i just remembered that we have now gone back to a National Anthem made by our Colonial masters!
Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by abbey621(m): 6:23pm On May 30
SoNature:

That thing is called GDP per capita.
America is over 300 million.
Nigeria is about 220 million.

Going by your logic, the GDP per capita of Nigeria should be higher than that of the United States.

Those of you who support these nonentities in power don't understand that Nigeria has a high unproductive population and it affects her GDP per capita.

Tell this government to start investing Nigeria's money wisely. That 90 billion used to finance pilgrimage could be given to SMEs as grants and loans. That's how serious countries create wealth.

Read what I wrote especially the second part.....Yes population plays a huge role in the factor, we don't run the same system as America or China so the only comparable countries are those in Africa! Furthermore, how old is America? Over 240 years old, let's talk when we reach half of that.

FYI: America owes over 30 trillion DOLLARS in debt, even without the level of corruption of Nigeria, it still continues to struggle to justify the lifestyle of its people. This goes to show you that GDP per capita is a nonsensical approach to determining a nation's wealth!

If Nigeria had the same sway as America in terms of ability to incur GBESE, we might actually start enjoying this demoCRAZY grin
Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by Love800(m): 6:43pm On May 30
So niger republic make sense like dis! Why are people not going there? Tell me more pls.
Goodevening.
Eriokanmi:
That's a fact. Cotonou people would willingly leave their children in the hands of Nigerians as maids. They knew by the time they returned, they'd be in money. Check it, how many homes do you find them nowadays? Is it not a couple wey don belle full go employ maids? That tells you Nigeria is failing as a state. Naira has lost its value...who caused all these, our bad leaders. Its not healthy when citizens are leaving their countries in droves as if there's civil war.

I love Nigeria and Nigerians. But each time I try to educate sone blind folks, they hit me back as if it's not same country we're in. Cos of Tinubu's bad policy, I lost several millions of naira. The so called big and mighty aren't spared by this greatest blunder made by Tinubu. I call him a jaujau leader for a reason. He doesn't think before acting and that's why we voted him out in lagos. We know him better but they called us names, bastardss, ingrates, etc...who doesn't know his father? Wondering if Tinubu is everyone's dad.

Are you aware that niger Republic also has a functional refinery? Shame on our leaders. We used to import our cooking gas from them. The moment junta took over and ecowas closed the border, they too stopped shipping cooking gas to us and price of gas soared. This was the truth that was hard to tell Nigerians. What of food? Niger was our main source of our meat, beans, onions and potatoes supply. Did you hear of them dying of hunger despite the sanctions? They had enough and beans got wasted at the border cos truckloads of beans couldn't enter Nigeria. When they reeled out their usual propaganda that trucks with food were seized by military at the Niger boarder as they were making their way into niger Republic by smughkers, I was just laughing, I said the government of propaganda had started again. Tinubu shouldn't have reopened the border now, if Nigerians wouldn't be dying on the streets of hunger. God loves us but we chose to hate ourselves by always voting the wrong people out of sentiments.
Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by meum: 6:55pm On May 30
Blaze232:

They should curse the corntree or what are you suggesting??
They should pray harder
Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by Fearurcreeator: 7:14pm On May 30
rebdisir:
If you see our per capita GDP someone shared here this morning you will know that things have gone out of hand.

I think Obi and the other opposition should form a group and go and beg asiwaju to step aside just like sonekan did. They should beg him because he won't leave like that.. including Abdusalami should follow them.

If Tinubu is left to continue another one year people might start eating their children out of hunger in Nigeria!
That dull Obi ... Wetin he Sabi ...
If na former Vice e for good...
Jagaban is doing very very fine ... Na many of una no get sense and are thieves And lazy
Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by Eriokanmi: 7:18pm On May 30
Love800:
So niger republic make sense like dis! Why are people not going there? Tell me more pls.
Goodevening.
Who said people aren't going there? The majority of modern houses built there in recent times are owned by Nigerians, mainly from Northern Nigeria. Niger is more peaceful than norther Nigeria. The pocket of attacks caused by ISIL has been curtailed. Suffice it to say, I have a good business partner in Niger so I get facts from him, contrary to what we hear on the telly.

Even when they removed their president, he told me the reason, contrary to what the Nigerian government and the media were saying back then. Our government didn't want to tell us the fact, so the same fate of removing them from office wont befall them, when known..

Please see the screen shot of my WhatsApp conversation with him when this happened(below). When buhari said he would relocate to niger republic on retirement, people thought he was joking. Remember abdulrasheed maina, who ran to Niger to escape justice over the fraud he committed? Niger is fast developing but they're not making noise, likewise other African countries.

Our country is such a joke and no thanks to our super corrupt and wicked leaders who always formulate policies to their advantage and at 5he expense of the masses. .

Gd evening.

Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by Mandate1: 8:17pm On May 30
Putinofrussia:

Ghana is not even in the first 10 nations according to IMF.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/news/article/africas-gdp-giants-top-10-largest-economies-of-2024-imf/%3famp

It is due to the devaluation of the naira.

Before the end of this 2024,Nigeria will retake its first position as the richest economy in Africa.
Bookmark this.
so what will make the naira regain its value?
Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by heysquare(m): 8:43pm On May 30
Putinofrussia:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/news/article/africas-gdp-giants-top-10-largest-economies-of-2024-imf/%3famp

Before the end of this 2024,Nigeria will retake its first position as the richest economy in Africa.
Bookmark this.
You dey mind those hypocrites that believe any bad news without verification but if it were to good news about the country they tagged it propaganda. Na so their life go filled with bad news as they usually wish this country

2 Likes

Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by doncartel: 9:06pm On May 30
Niger Republic may also overtake Nigeria by next year. By the time the Tinubu pandemic is over, Nigeria fit carry last for Africa.
Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by dododawa1: 9:19pm On May 30
OredoPikin:

But a northerner can be President despite having boko haram and bandits.
It is well with u guys
are all terrorist together
Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by Musauzor(m): 12:46am On May 31
Raskimonojendor:
Opinion news

Compound fool. Keep living in denial
Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by Namigotalktru: 2:04am On May 31
Putinofrussia:

Bookmark this.

Don’t mind these people. Always looking to market bad news about Nigeria.

Move to Ghana now. Abi they have chase you people like the South Africans.

Those not willing to build should shat ahp and gettatt go and create your own countries let us hear word.

2 Likes

Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by Love800(m): 6:14am On May 31
Wow!
Tanks so much.
Eriokanmi:
Who said people aren't going there? The majority of modern houses built there in recent times are owned by Nigerians, mainly from Northern Nigeria. Niger is more peaceful than norther Nigeria. The pocket of attacks caused by ISIL has been curtailed. Suffice it to say, I have a good business partner in Niger so I get facts from him, contrary to what we hear on the telly.

Even when they removed their president, he told me the reason, contrary to what the Nigerian government and the media were saying back then. Our government didn't want to tell us the fact, so the same fate of removing them from office wont befall them, when known..

Please see the screen shot of my WhatsApp conversation with him when this happened(below). When buhari said he would relocate to niger republic on retirement, people thought he was joking. Remember abdulrasheed maina, who ran to Niger to escape justice over the fraud he committed? Niger is fast developing but they're not making noise, likewise other African countries.

Our country is such a joke and no thanks to our super corrupt and wicked leaders who always formulate policies to their advantage and at 5he expense of the masses. .

Gd evening.
Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by CSTRR: 6:43am On May 31
anonimi:

No, na ebiNpawa we go chop as we wait for JagaBandit to let the poor breath.

How much is a congo of gari and beans in your area
Have you heard of sarcasm before?
Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by Putinofrussia: 6:53am On May 31
awoo47:
are you slow? It's definitely talking about per capita. If Nigeria had ghana population, we for better south africa and be a true middle-earning country. But 250m ppl with a small output. although i attribute the 250m to polygamy and porous borders. Our leaders aren't visionary atall. when our population was spiking, the shouldve outlawed polygamy and tighten immigration.
No sir,I am fast,maybe faster than you are cheesy
Maybe faster than Biswan Rewane too because this is not the first time those small nations start having higher per capita than us even than South Africa and this is due to population.

If they were to rate being the richest with per capita,there are some nations that are richer than USA,China,Germany etc.

These are the richest African nations per capita in 2024.
Even Botswana,Gabon etc are richer than South Africa.
Our population has become a burden just because our leaders are corrupt and clueless.
Heard there was a time our leaders said we had too much money and didnt know how to utilize it...the dumbos.
Obasanjo was so clueless then that because we had humongous cash flow,he invited all African nations to bring their demons to Nigeria for Festac... grin
Look at what Dubai leaders did with their liquidity in 20 years with a desert.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)

Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by awoo47: 11:56am On May 31
Putinofrussia:

No sir,I am fast,maybe faster than you are cheesy
Maybe faster than Biswan Rewane too because this is not the first time those small nations start having higher per capita than us even than South Africa and this is due to population.

If they were to rate being the richest with per capita,there are some nations that are richer than USA,China,Germany etc.

These are the richest African nations per capita in 2024.
Even Botswana,Gabon etc are richer than South Africa.
Our population has become a burden just because our leaders are corrupt and clueless.
Heard there was a time our leaders said we had too much money and didnt know how to utilize it...the dumbos.
Obasanjo was so clueless then that because we had humongous cash flow,he invited all African nations to bring their demons to Nigeria for Festac... grin
Look at what Dubai leaders did with their liquidity in 20 years with a desert.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)
botswana is a testament that good leadership pays...From one of the poorest countries in the world with $70 per capital to over 15k. There are alot of african countries living quite good. What we have in 9ja is crazily rich ppl (due to oil money) and few middle income with a lot of poor ppl.
Re: First Anniversary: Ghana Is Now Richer Than Nigeria, Says Bismark Rewane by lailo: 7:21pm On May 31
rebdisir:
If you see our per capita GDP someone shared here this morning you will know that things have gone out of hand.

I think Obi and the other opposition should form a group and go and beg asiwaju to step aside just like sonekan did. They should beg him because he won't leave like that.. including Abdusalami should follow them.

If Tinubu is left to continue another one year people might start eating their children out of hunger in Nigeria!
What does Obi know that he wants to do? The same person that couldn't transform small anambra with micro economy? Abi didn't he work with economic team of Jonathan, what did they do? Looted the whole country and let huge debt. Just say Igbos too want to be president. Obi is in the class of Ikpeazu. Willie Obiano even performed better than him as a governor. What is making most non igbos support him is bcs they believe he is not as corrupt as other politician and that he can safe money, not bcs he has any capacity to rule a complex country as Nigeria. Abeg goan sit down omo yeeeeebbbowww

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fresh Plot In The Senate Lawan May Replace Ndume / Thabo Mbeki Visits President Buhari [PICS] / 'Avoid Illicit Affairs With Our Girls Or Face Gods’ Wrath', Agatu LG Boss To NAF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.