Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,356 members, 7,888,128 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:05 PM

A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? (3988 Views)

Who Will You Pick To Lead Your Region If Regional Government Is Reintroduced? / Buhari Submits PIB To National Assembly, Scraps NNPC, PPPRA In New Bill / FG Weakens Power Of EFCC Chairman Creates Director General In New bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by DMerciful(m): 7:40pm On May 31
It actually started before 1960 by the complaints filed by the minorities before the colonial masters. There was a study to confirm the allegations against Ibadan western govt and they found that the allegations were true.

Same was done for the eastern region and they found it to be false hence only the wester region was divided.

ChiefJusticeFuc:

The process to create Midwest region started and ended in the regional western House in Ibadan.

Yorubas did not oppose the Midwest people leaving them.

A Yoruba man from what will later be what was left of the old western region even tabled the motion for a plebescite among the people of Midwest .

After concluding the referendum , a Yoruba federal parliamentarian even tabled the results before the federal House to be ratified .

Was that the case on your useless yeast when the minorities sought the same route as their cousins in the Midwest ?

Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by DMerciful(m): 7:42pm On May 31
There is never gonna be a regional govt. Best would be states with resource control and autonomy
ChiefJusticeFuc:

What will you do ?

Another coup like in 1966?

I laff.
Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by ChiefJusticeFuc: 7:43pm On May 31
DMerciful:
It actually started before 1960 by the complaints filed by the minorities before the colonial masters. There was a study to confirm the allegations against Ibadan western govt and they found that the allegations were true.

Same was done for the eastern region and they found it to be false hence only the wester region was divided.

Story.

Western Cameroun left

Benue province preferred to be yoked with the north after the eastern region was created from the southern protectorate .

Minority people have been seeking to leave any assembly that included you since the day eastern Nigeria was created.
Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by ChiefJusticeFuc: 7:44pm On May 31
DMerciful:
There is never gonna be a regional govt. Best would be states with resource control and autonomy

Lol.

The mask is slipping gradually

You go return back to your tent oh chukwu Israel.
Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by DMerciful(m): 7:54pm On May 31
Seeking and the ones that actually left are two different things.

Evidence confirms my hometown left the western region
ChiefJusticeFuc:

Story.

Western Cameroun left

Benue province preferred to be yoked with the north after the eastern region was created from the southern protectorate .

Minority people have been seeking to leave any assembly that included you since the day eastern Nigeria was created.

Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by twosquare(m): 8:19pm On May 31
DMerciful:
Thats why APC deceived you guys that petrol will be N40/lit

You guys don't think. How can regional govt be done just like that?
Maybe, maybe not. Some people did the system we presently run too just like that.
Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by DMerciful(m): 8:29pm On May 31
Military govt have absolute power without consultation but democracy is a process,
takes time.
twosquare:
Maybe, maybe not. Some people did the system we presently run too just like that.
Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by twosquare(m): 8:35pm On May 31
Just like it was a process for the anthem and it was passed. Just like it was a process for RUGA, and it was shut down in most areas...

Stop being a captive of your impossibilities. If they want to do it, they will, and pim won't happen.

Know this and know peace.
DMerciful:
Military govt have absolute power without consultation but democracy is a process,
takes time.

1 Like

Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by Elliotwaveforec: 8:55pm On May 31
Omo, Tinubu getting difficult things done. Baba go-getter, I hail thee!
Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by ChiefJusticeFuc: 9:07pm On May 31
DMerciful:
Seeking and the ones that actually left are two different things.

Evidence confirms my hometown left the western region

Pelebe .
The Ibo majority dragged the matter in Enugu and refused to even allow the minorities to air their demands.

We know who the real attaché by force people are and it is you guys.

Stop claiming Delta .
Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by DMerciful(m): 9:08pm On May 31
You're ignorant and take pride in your ignorance!

Change of national anthem is not a constitutional matter.

Change of the structure of the country is a constitutional matter and requires both the national assembly and concurrence from 2/3 of the 36 states houses of assembly.

Do you know the negotiations that would be involved?

You know nothing John Snow
twosquare:
Just like it was a process for the anthem and it was passed. Just like it was a process for RUGA, and it was shut down in most areas...

Stop being a captive of your impossibilities. If they want to do it, they will, and pim won't happen.

Know this and know peace.
Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by ShoeGetSize: 9:09pm On May 31
This is the most beautiful news I have heard coming out of Nigeria in all my 28 years of existence 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾
Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by DMerciful(m): 9:10pm On May 31
We are talking of fact that happened, you're speculating historical event that did not happen.

You cannot change my hometown
ChiefJusticeFuc:

Pelebe .
The Ibo majority dragged the matter in Enugu and refused to even allow the minorities to air their demands.

We know who the real attaché by force people are and it is you guys.

Stop claiming Delta .

Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by ChiefJusticeFuc: 9:14pm On May 31
DMerciful:
We are talking of fact that happened, you're speculating historical event that did not happen.

You cannot change my hometown

I have come to know you people as bold face liars .

So nothing knew.

Just keep decieving yourselves and don't think your lies can scale pass the prison fence you have built around yourselves
Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by StreetFight: 9:15pm On May 31
Saintganduje:
We all know the region that is likely the sponsore of this good bill and the region that is likely to oppose it. Unity beggers will start insulting me.

Nobody wants to be in the same country with drug traffickers and baby factory merchants, but no independent drug trafficking nation will be allowed in West Africa
Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by StreetFight: 9:18pm On May 31
Mercenary123:
This is the first time I going to give eulogies to tinubu should he succeed in doing this

Eventually Nigeria is disintegrating before our eyes. I await the reaction of the powers that be from the north

As an Igbo man, I welcome this wholeheartedly

Your brother Aguyi Ironsi abolished the Regional Government with his evil Decree 34 of 1966, the greedy thief paid with his life, his children's children are still paying for it till date
Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by DMerciful(m): 9:20pm On May 31
Was the Midwest carved out of the Western Region after the minorities complained of discrimination and neglect? Yes!

If this is true and I'm not lying, it shall not be well with you
ChiefJusticeFuc:

I have come to know you people as bold face liars .

So nothing knew.

Just keep decieving yourselves and don't think your lies can scale pass the prison fence you have built around yourselves

Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by ChiefJusticeFuc: 9:28pm On May 31
DMerciful:
Was the Midwest carved out of the Western Region after the minorities complained of discrimination and neglect? Yes!

If this is true and I'm not lying, it shall not be well with you

Liar.

The clamour for Midwest was spearheaded by the then Oba of Benin.

At no time was discrimination and marginalisation an issue rather it was based on cultural preservation.

You are mistaken the old western region for your useless parasitic leaching Enugu .

Go and see the reasons advanced by Western Cameroun on why they wanted out of Nigeria .

Your greed in marginalising minority people and their regions in preference to your ethnic agenda was what made the minority people and western Cameroun opt out .

Even a lowly clerk job in Calabar local govt office was reserved for Ibos and Ibos only.

How come Ojukwu got a job in far away Calabar provincial adminstrative office but no one from same Calabar was deemed qualified by the Ibo dominated govt ?

Your greed was damn too much.

Western Cameroun also got sick and tired of your nomads in their domain who behaved badly to their hosts.

Can you tell us why then Benue province (current Benue and Taraba states) preferred to be with the north after the balkanization of the southern protectorate ?

The day you people take a deep reflection on yourselves that's when you will begin your journey to civilized humanity.

Brutes

1 Like

Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by DMerciful(m): 9:34pm On May 31
Shame!

If the Oba of Benin want it so, so shall it be. grin

ChiefJusticeFuc:

Liar.

The clamour for Midwest was spearheaded by the then Oba of Benin.

At no time was discrimination and marginalisation an issue rather it was based on cultural preservation.

You are mistaken the old western region for your useless parasitic leaching Enugu .

Go and see the reasons advanced by Western Cameroun on why they wanted out of Nigeria .

Your greed in marginalising minority people and their regions in preference to your ethnic agenda was what made the minority people and western Cameroun opt out .

Even a lowly clerk job in Calabar local govt office was reserved for Ibos and Ibos only.

How come Ojukwu got a job in far away Calabar provincial adminstrative office but no one from same Calabar was deemed qualified by the Ibo dominated govt ?

Your greed was damn too much.

Western Cameroun also got sick and tired of your nomads in their domain who behaved badly to their hosts.

Can you tell us why then Benue province (current Benue and Taraba states) preferred to be with the north after the balkanization of the southern protectorate ?

The day you people take a deep reflection on yourselves that's when you will begin your journey to civilized humanity.

Brutes
Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by ChiefJusticeFuc: 9:42pm On May 31
DMerciful:
Shame!

If the Oba of Benin want it so, so shall it be. grin

Yes nah because the Yorubas are not one to colonise their own brothers unlike you fools without heritage who thought you could continue where the European left off.

I sha don't blame you because if not for British intervention on these shores , your likes will still be running buttnaked from your fellow cannibals in your evil forests enclave .

It's either that or you would have been harvested into Jewish slave ships for onward transfer to their plantations in the Americas

You do apprentice for oyibo come think say you can rule your betters.
Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by DMerciful(m): 9:57pm On May 31
Rest!

Every time cho cho cho grin
ChiefJusticeFuc:

Yes nah because the Yorubas are not one to colonise their own brothers unlike you fools without heritage who thought you could continue where the European left off.

I sha don't blame you because if not for British intervention on these shores , your likes will still be running buttnaked from your fellow cannibals in your evil forests enclave .

It's either that or you would have been harvested into Jewish slave ships for onward transfer to their plantations in the Americas

You do apprentice for oyibo come think say you can rule your betters.

Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by ChiefJusticeFuc: 9:59pm On May 31
DMerciful:
Rest!

Every time cho cho cho grin

Good.

I see say you no get answer again.

Now go rest .
Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by Tochj(m): 10:13pm On May 31
If Tinubu can do Regional government and state police with pure mind
I will be his number one supporter
Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by Mrexcell(m): 10:21pm On May 31
Mercenary123:
This is the first time I going to give eulogies to tinubu should he succeed in doing this

Eventually Nigeria is disintegrating before our eyes. I await the reaction of the powers that be from the north

As an Igbo man, I welcome this wholeheartedly

Yes this will definitely shake the north and it's elites that have been depending on the current structure of nigeria to survive if this is actually the direction tinibu is going to peter obi should just relax and allow tinibu finish the job I don't think obi himself can muster the courage to go this direction if allowed to be president.
Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by idahme(m): 10:30pm On May 31
ChiefJusticeFuc:
SE legislators will oppose it on the condition that we return back to the original four regions.

Just watch and see.

Those people can never be on their own.

They staged a coup to prevent creation of COR region.

They dismantled regionalism for centrism so that they can leach on the entire polity.

They dragged same COR people into their useless Biafra after they were booted out.

Since then, they have been undermining a return to true federalism.

Even their useless Obi campaigned on sustaining the central govt and the useless 1999 constitution.

Just watch and see how they will join northern hawks to frustrate this major bill.

Una get problem aswear.

We already have six regions as it is presently constituted what four regions are you talking about?
Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by ChiefJusticeFuc: 10:33pm On May 31
idahme:

Una get problem aswear.

We already have six regions as it is presently constituted what four regions are you talking about?

I said that SE legislators and politicians will oppose any talk of referendum unless the SS is lumped with them.

That has been their agitation since before independence.
Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by Mrexcell(m): 10:37pm On May 31
ChiefJusticeFuc:
SE legislators will oppose it on the condition that we return back to the original four regions.

Just watch and see.

Those people can never be on their own.

They staged a coup to prevent creation of COR region.

They dismantled regionalism for centrism so that they can leach on the entire polity.

They dragged same COR people into their useless Biafra after they were booted out.

Since then, they have been undermining a return to true federalism.

Even their useless Obi campaigned on sustaining the central govt and the useless 1999 constitution.

Just watch and see how they will join northern hawks to frustrate this major bill.

Hatred won't even allow this one reason like a normal human being when has igbos ever condemned regional govt? The aburi accord that caused the war was it not about restructuring why did u guys refused to implement it instead prefer to create additional 12 new states rather than continuing with the old regional structure that u people always claim aguiyi ironsi abolished? The igbo nation are the least ethnic group in nigeria to be scared of regional govt or been on their own independent country God in his infinite wisdom has abundantly blessed them with everything they ever needed to be a first world nation is it natural resources or human resources just name them bro.
Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by ChiefJusticeFuc: 10:46pm On May 31
Mrexcell:

Hatred won't even allow this one reason like a normal human being when has igbos ever condemned regional govt? The aburi accord that caused the war was it not about restructuring why did u guys refused to implement it instead prefer to create additional 12 new states rather than continuing with the old regional structure that u people always claim aguiyi ironsi abolished? The igbo nation are the least ethnic group in nigeria to be scared of regional govt or been on their own independent country God in his infinite wisdom has abundantly blessed them with everything they ever needed to be a first world nation is it natural resources or human resources just name them bro.

You Ibos dismantled the regional template.

Your useless Ojukwu was the only military governor to have clapped like a baboon when Ironsi announced his dissatrous decree only for him to begin to clamour for a return to regional govt after the north kicked Ironsi out.

Aburi was not just calling for a return to regional govt but to demand that Gowon halt creating COR region.

When Gowon announced decree 8 that rescinded Ironsi's decree 34 , only same Ojukwu opposed it because it had embedded in it a clause in creating COR region and for regional armies.

You people have been lied to by your ever lying grand parents and that's why you are repeating their foolishness

You were no victims but the real villains in the scheme of things.

1 Like

Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by SuperOnyi: 11:55pm On May 31
shocked

I'll fully support Mr. Tinubu if he makes this possible and releases MNK.
Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by wiseone28: 12:04am On Jun 01
How them dey since the new anthem

Get 9 dollar now by downloading the app from my signature and refer just 3 pp to download and register
Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by DeepSight(m): 5:46am On Jun 01
Quintessence44:
Fantastic, Fantastic, Fantastic.

I knew Tinubu would do something like this.

Very effective, intelligent leader.

This is Earth-shaking.

I see a glorious future for the country.

Now you can see the reasoning behind the anthem change.

He wants to return the country to the STATUS QUO ANTE.

As we were before the 1966 coup disrupted the country.

He’s Achebe’s proverbial traveler who remembered where the rain began to beat him.

Might we even return to the Parliamentary system?

Who knows what this genius President has up his sleeves?

This visionary leader?

This is high level, strategic thinking by President Bola Tinubu.

Excellent stuff. 👍

I was going to tell you to hold your horses and not jump to conclusions yet. . . . But I rather chose to take my own advise first. Now look -

https://www.nairaland.com/8110989/reps-disown-trending-draft-bill

Now do you want to take back the nonsensical bold - which only exists in your slavish stockholm-syndrome captive mind?
Re: A New Bill For Regional Government Being Considered By National Assembly? by Feldie: 8:01am On Jun 01
rinzaugustine:
If that happens everybody knows SE will overtake South Africa and Egypt economy within 5 years and the security apparatus will be number one in Africa
won't that be a good thing? I will be very happy to see any region prosper like that. You can easily travel there and buy whatever you want and return.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Chief Gives Kidnappers 24hrs To Free Journalists / Plan To "balkanize" Nigeria / APC Rubbishes Jonathan's Declaration Speech!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.